Options

To Catch a Predator - Settlement over suicide

• Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Erchamion wrote: »
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    -In Texas, crime is committed as soon as the chat is completed

What? Seriously? This is so idiotic I can't even begin to talk about it. Are you guilty of murder immediately after saying to someone in the midst of a heated argument that you're going to kill them?

Wait, I'm not sure we have the whole story on that.

If the chat itself is sexually suggestive, then that's a crime in and of itself, independent of whether the act is committed. This is what makes it different from a heated argument vs murder. It's not a crime to threaten someone (in most cases). It is a crime to have a sexually suggestive conversation with a minor.

Also, I think that either I missed something in the OP or this original scenario is crazy. Someone from Perverted Justice, working with NBC and the police, chatted up this guy. He didn't follow through, the police storm his house, he kills himself. Is that a fair summary?

What I'm missing is how is NBC the party responsible for his suicide? They didn't storm the house. Do they hold such sway over the police department that they are the ones calling the shots on something like that? If so, there's something drastically wrong with that particular police department.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ONLINE SOLICITATION OF A MINOR. (a) In this
    section:
    (1) "Minor" means:
    (A) an individual who represents himself or
    herself to be younger than 17 years of age; or
    (B) an individual whom the actor believes to be
    younger than 17 years of age.
    (2) "Sexual contact," "sexual intercourse," and
    "deviate sexual intercourse" have the meanings assigned by Section
    (3) "Sexually explicit" means any communication,
    language, or material, including a photographic or video image,
    that relates to or describes sexual conduct, as defined by Section
    (b) A person who is 17 years of age or older commits an
    offense if, with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire
    of any person, the person, over the Internet, by electronic mail or
    text message or other electronic message service or system, or
    through a commercial online service, intentionally:
    (1) communicates in a sexually explicit manner with a
    minor; or
    (2) distributes sexually explicit material to a minor.
    (c) A person commits an offense if the person, over the
    Internet, by electronic mail or text message or other electronic
    message service or system, or through a commercial online service,
    knowingly solicits a minor to meet another person, including the
    actor, with the intent that the minor will engage in sexual contact,
    sexual intercourse, or deviate sexual intercourse with the actor or
    another person.
    (d) It is not a defense to prosecution under Subsection (c)
    that:
    (1) the meeting did not occur;
    (2) the actor did not intend for the meeting to occur;
    or
    (3) the actor was engaged in a fantasy at the time of
    commission of the offense.
    (e) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that
    at the time conduct described by Subsection (b) or (c) was
    committed:
    (1) the actor was married to the minor; or
    (2) the actor was not more than three years older than
    the minor and the minor consented to the conduct.
    (f) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third
    degree, except that the offense is a felony of the second degree if
    the minor is younger than 14 years of age or is an individual whom
    the actor believes to be younger than 14 years of age at the time of
    the commission of the offense. An offense under Subsection (c) is
    a felony of the second degree.
    (g) If conduct that constitutes an offense under this
    section also constitutes an offense under any other law, the actor
    may be prosecuted under this section, the other law, or both.

There ya go.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    Solicitation is a crime, ya'll

Medopine on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    People who troll internet chatrooms looking for kids to have sex with are perverted, no question.

But how sick do you have to be to get off trolling internet chatrooms pretending to be a young child to look for sex with older people?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Also, I think that either I missed something in the OP or this original scenario is crazy. Someone from Perverted Justice, working with NBC and the police, chatted up this guy. He didn't follow through, the police storm his house, he kills himself. Is that a fair summary?

What I'm missing is how is NBC the party responsible for his suicide? They didn't storm the house. Do they hold such sway over the police department that they are the ones calling the shots on something like that? If so, there's something drastically wrong with that particular police department.

NBC called the police and leaned heavily on them to make the arrest anyway. He might not have come to the house but in their minds he was guilty anyway and if he gets arrested they get to play 'hero'. So in other words, yes, NBC had enough power (A large media group definitely has that kind of power and money. All they need to do is have a local affiliate in the town where the guy lived have a story about a predator in the town the police refuse to arrest to force the departments hand.) to make the arrest happen.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

What? Seriously? This is so idiotic I can't even begin to talk about it. Are you guilty of murder immediately after saying to someone in the midst of a heated argument that you're going to kill them?

He didn't say sexual assault was committed, he said a crime was committed.

You're not guilty of murder for saying you're going to kill somebody, but I'm pretty sure it's still illegal and prosecutable.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    These shows are generally ok because America believes pedophiles are SHIT, that don't deserve to live. For the most part they are also right.

Shit, does anyone remember the case of Gary Plauche? There was this dude, Jeffery Doucet who raped Gary's son. The police found him, and arrested him.

Then, one day they were taking him through an airport, and Gary was waiting at a telephone booth pretending to be talking. As the police walk by with the pedophile, Gary steps out, produces a handgun and shoots and kills the pedophile right in the head, blowing his brains out, ON LIVE CAMERA (you can find the video on the internet). There was NO doubt at all that Gary Plauche had shot and killed that man.

Gary's punishment? 5 years probation.

Pedophiles are not people.

That's really sad :-(
    I don't get why pedophiles don't get viewed as mentally ill-- they really don't act/think normally, you can tell pretty immediately something is wrong with them.

I mean, what if they made a show to find schizophrenics instead of pedophiles? How funny would it be to see Chris Hansen making fun of some guy cowering in a corner because he thinks he sees demons?
    "Hahah, take a seat right there. What's that? The voices tell you not to sit there? AHAHAHA. Do you hear that America? Voices! We're not editting any of this, there are no voices, he's just making it up! Hahaha, alright bud, what else do you "see", eh?"
    ...that'd be one real great show, right? [/sarcasm]

Because pedophiles usually make pretty detailed plans on how to kidnap and rape children. I mean, plans long enough to realize that "Jesus fuck, I need some help, I'm planning on raping a child".

Sociopaths don't get a free ride either, and I'm pretty sure that is an mental disorder as well.

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Btw, how many of the people "caught" by this show are actually convicted? I remember hearing of entire groups of these guys being released because the evidence was too tainted or questionable.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Medopine wrote: »

Yep. You'd be surprised how many people don't know this, and start claiming "thought crime."

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Scooter wrote: »
    Btw, how many of the people "caught" by this show are actually convicted? I remember hearing of entire groups of these guys being released because the evidence was too tainted or questionable.

I don't know about the show but the group they work with has numbers on that on their website. A lot of times they get them for more minor crimes and things like that too.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I believe the show has a pretty good conviction rate, although PJ doing this on its own doesn't.

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    These shows are generally ok because America believes pedophiles are SHIT, that don't deserve to live. For the most part they are also right.

Shit, does anyone remember the case of Gary Plauche? There was this dude, Jeffery Doucet who raped Gary's son. The police found him, and arrested him.

Then, one day they were taking him through an airport, and Gary was waiting at a telephone booth pretending to be talking. As the police walk by with the pedophile, Gary steps out, produces a handgun and shoots and kills the pedophile right in the head, blowing his brains out, ON LIVE CAMERA (you can find the video on the internet). There was NO doubt at all that Gary Plauche had shot and killed that man.

I don't get why pedophiles don't get viewed as mentally ill-- they really don't act/think normally, you can tell pretty immediately something is wrong with them.

I mean, what if they made a show to find schizophrenics instead of pedophiles? How funny would it be to see Chris Hansen making fun of some guy cowering in a corner because he thinks he sees demons?
    "Hahah, take a seat right there. What's that? The voices tell you not to sit there? AHAHAHA. Do you hear that America? Voices! We're not editting any of this, there are no voices, he's just making it up! Hahaha, alright bud, what else do you "see", eh?"

Because pedophiles usually make pretty detailed plans on how to kidnap and rape children. I mean, plans long enough to realize that "Jesus fuck, I need some help, I'm planning on raping a child".

Sociopaths don't get a free ride either, and I'm pretty sure that is an mental disorder as well.

Actually I'm pretty sure most kiddy rape is committed by people the kid knows, even living in the same house. I'm not saying that makes it better, but again, the guy with the candy & naps van hanging out at the preschool is mostly a myth.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »

Wait, I'm not sure we have the whole story on that.

If the chat itself is sexually suggestive, then that's a crime in and of itself, independent of whether the act is committed. This is what makes it different from a heated argument vs murder. It's not a crime to threaten someone (in most cases). It is a crime to have a sexually suggestive conversation with a minor.

Yes. There's something drastically wrong with that department, and most departments that work with To Catch a Predator and Perverted Justice.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Actually I'm pretty sure most kiddy rape is committed by people the kid knows, even living in the same house. I'm not saying that makes it better, but again, the guy with the candy & naps van hanging out at the preschool is mostly a myth.

Does anyone else remember the episode of South Park that touched upon this? Where the kids are banished from town for their own safety because children are more likely to be molested and abused by family members and close family friends than strangers.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Yep. You'd be surprised how many people don't know this, and start claiming "thought crime."

Well, I kind of think it shouldn't be, so. I mean, the two other things usually solicited for, drugs and prostitution, I think should be legalized entirely, and as for online chats that the kid themselves is actively participating in, I'm having trouble seeing how much damage was actually done. Although I suppose chat through a PC with an off button is different than a guy who walks up to kids on the street and offers to show them his sausage collection.

He only has one but it's real pretty

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Well, I kind of think it shouldn't be, so. I mean, the two other things usually solicited for, drugs and prostitution, I think should be legalized entirely, and as for online chats that the kid themselves is actively participating in, I'm having trouble seeing how much damage was actually done. Although I suppose chat through a PC with an off button is different than a guy who walks up to kids on the street and offers to show them his sausage collection.

He only has one but it's real pretty

What do you want parents to do, I mean, do you really expect them to monitor their children's use of the internet!? That's too much, we really should leave that up to the police to handle.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Perverted Justice is an apt name

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think I would have less of a problem with this if I didn't feel that by virtue of being televised and thus needing ratings all sorts of problems are going to exist. Such as leading people into conversations because dammit, you've got to meet the quota this week or you don't have a show, or cops going gung-ho for publicity and fifteen minutes of fame.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think I would have less of a problem with this if I didn't feel that by virtue of being televised and thus needing ratings all sorts of problems are going to exist. Such as leading people into conversations because dammit, you've got to meet the quota this week or you don't have a show, or cops going gung-ho for publicity and fifteen minutes of fame.
    The whole thing is only constitutional in the most pedantic sense.

I'd like to see one of the cases hit the Supreme Court, but most of them will probably plea out, because otherwise, it's expensive as shit.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I've got a problem with the whole overall trend of people using the Pedo Scare Tactic to pretty much do anything (usually get themselves elected). Sex Offenders get hit with all sorts of extra penalties to the point where I think you'd be better off killing a kid than showing one your penis. Plus the whole thing about how the definition of Sex Offender varies wildly. There was a story a couple days ago about a guy who got convicted ten years ago, I think for sleeping with a 15/16 year old when he was 18/19, and he had to inform the neighbors. So the local crazy lady came to his house, told him not to touch her kids, and put him into the hospital with a baseball bat.

I know it doesn't all apply to TCAP specifically, but it's part of the whole trend of "people will listen to/do anything you say if you mention kiddy diddling!" and so I'd like to see it go away.

Scooter on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Forced to sleep under a highway bridge for petes sake? I'm afraid to say there is no crime which is horrifying enough to justify that for which the offender should not still be in prison.

UNDER A HIGHWAY BRIDGE! On a chair to keep from being eaten by rats?

Sorry for both the repetition and the capitalizations, but seriously, this is insanity. Do murderers have to live under bridges after they are released?

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    if i had my way, your apostrophe placement would be too

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Forced to sleep under a highway bridge for petes sake? I'm afraid to say there is no crime which is horrifying enough to justify that for which the offender should not still be in prison.

UNDER A HIGHWAY BRIDGE! On a chair to keep from being eaten by rats?

Sorry for both the repetition and the capitalizations, but seriously, this is insanity. Do murderers have to live under bridges after they are released?

It's not as bad, but our criminal justice system is pretty fucked all around.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

It just looks weird as y'all I can't explain why don't hurt me

Medopine on
  • Options
    FragtasticFragtastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm going to ask a (dumb?) question because I feel it's important to this topic. Why is pedophilia considered a mental illness? From what I read, it seems to be more of a sexual preferrece based on some psychological malladies that are common in most people that aren't pedophiles. Low-self esteem, poor interpersonal social skills and prior sexual abuse all seem to be contributing factors but a cause still cannot be established, whether it is biological or psychological or both. And if there are no biological causes that force people to have sexual relations with children akin to what cause schizophrenics to hear voices, why then is pedophilia considered a mental illness? Why is a prefference for Japanese girls not considered a mental illness?

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    DraculaDracula DARCUL DAS WAMPY Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

It's because it's a contraction of "you all"

The all is intact, but the you isn't

y'all

Dracula on
  • Options
    DraculaDracula DARCUL DAS WAMPY Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Also, I don't know if I can see pedophilia as a mental illness either. Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness, and looking at it now that idea is nonsensical. Of course, homosexuality doesn't do any harm while pedophilia does, and if it is something you can't help, does that make it a mental illness?

Dracula on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dracula wrote: »
    Especially if you keep making stupid mistakes like that. We can't restrain Sith forever.

Bama on
  • Options
    FragtasticFragtastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Also, I don't know if I can see pedophilia as a mental illness either. Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness, and looking at it now that idea is nonsensical. Of course, homosexuality doesn't do any harm while pedophilia does, and if it is something you can't help, does that make it a mental illness?

The immorality of homoseuxality has a totally religious subtext to it in my opinion. The lessening influence of religious dogma, and the rise of a largely secular society are the only reasons I can see for us moving away from the belief that homosexuality is a disease any more than being Communist is a mental disorder. Pedophilia is unique in that the sexual preferrence is universally hated, at least here in the United States. It's purely cultural and so we assign an arbitrary age in order to make ourselves feel better about our sexual practices.

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

It's because it's a contraction of "you all"

y'all
    Yes I'm aware of why people spell it that way and I said it looks weird to me that way so I don't spell it that way on a forum on the internet if that's okay

Medopine on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is one of my favorite shows on television

like, I don't care about the kids or pedophiles or whatever, but this is super entertaining to watch

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    ErchamionErchamion Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fragtastic wrote: »
    I'm going to ask a (dumb?) question because I feel it's important to this topic. Why is pedophilia considered a mental illness? From what I read, it seems to be more of a sexual preferrece based on some psychological malladies that are common in most people that aren't pedophiles. Low-self esteem, poor interpersonal social skills and prior sexual abuse all seem to be contributing factors but a cause still cannot be established, whether it is biological or psychological or both. And if there are no biological causes that force people to have sexual relations with children akin to what cause schizophrenics to hear voices, why then is pedophilia considered a mental illness? Why is a prefference for Japanese girls not considered a mental illness?

Having a biological cause is not a requisite condition for a mental illness. PTSD is caused by going through a traumatic experience and it just fucking up your head. Certain people may or may not be more prone to it depending on their biological makeup, but it doesn't only affect people with malformed brains or whatever.

Erchamion on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I never watch the show (I dont watch much T.V. to begin with).

But does anyone think that children are being thought to fear men, and people are being paranoid over men and children association? This article touch on it

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3527035&page=1

but I read other articles were people call the police on a father playing with his daughter at the park, thinking that he was a predator.

Yes violence against children is bad, but is it worth making men to fear playing with their own children?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fragtastic wrote: »
    Why is pedophilia considered a mental illness?

Every possible answer to this question is going to lead us into a tangent over the definition of "mental illness."

Basically, a mental illness is any behavioral or cognitive pattern that is difficult or impossible for the affected person to control; is outside the spectrum of normality for that person's culture; and either causes that person distress, makes it likely that the affected person is going to hurt others, or otherwise interferes with that person's ability to interact with other people. (If a particular behavior is highly correlated with other known mental illnesses, that will lend credence to its definition as an illness, however this correlation is neither necessary nor sufficient.)

It doesn't necessarily mean that we need to identify a specific biological underpinning of the condition - however the dominant scientific paradigm right now is that all mental illness - indeed, all behavior - can be at least partially explained in biological terms.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2008

But does anyone think that children are being thought to fear men, and people are being paranoid over men and children association? This article touch on it

but I read other articles were people call the police on a father playing with his daughter at the park, thinking that he was a predator.

Yes violence against children is bad, but is it worth making men to fear playing with their own children?

This happened in Boston not long ago. A guy was taking the bus with his daughter and she asked a very innocuous question along the lines of 'when am I going to see Mommy' and people freaked out, called the cop and the cops issued an amber alert while plastering this guys picture all over the media saying he was a person of interest and they were concerned about the lil girl. He gets home to find out that the news is all but calling him a pedophile and a kidnapper. Even after he went to the police and explained what was going on he had strangers saying things to him about it convinced he was a predator. He had to go on the news and explain what happened before people left him alone.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is one of my favorite shows on television

like, I don't care about the kids or pedophiles or whatever, but this is super entertaining to watch

yes

We should also go back to performing executions in the town square.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    NoelVeigaNoelVeiga Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's so hard to discuss pedophilia, mostly because it's such a taboo that making any sort of terminological statements or corrections automatically sounds like an undue defense... which it's not.

For instance, in the current climate we tend to assume that any kind of sex with people under 18 years old is pedophilia, which is a bit too much. Many countries lower that age down to 16, and it used to be 14 just a few years ago. Legally, in most places, it's a matter of consent, so as soon as you're legally entitled to consent about your own body (as in, decide whether or not you want to be operated on) you can consent to sex. And all of that isn't even technically pedophilia, just statutory rape.

Literally pedophilia just means being fond of children. In its current interpretation, being sexually attracted to children. I agree with the people below, it doesn't need to be a mental disease (though it probably can) but, since it can't be acted upon and it's socially stigmatized, now we all assume pedophilia will automatically imply a compulsion to abduct and rape children, which is mixing two different things. To differentiate even further, not even all the people who actually go ahead and kidnap and rape a child are mentally ill, just like not everybody who kills is mentally ill, as disturbing as that may be.

So let's be clear, are we talking about people who have a compulsion beyond their control to abduct and rape children, here? I'm all for giving these people treatment for life, even if that treatment involves restricting their movements permanently. The issue, however, is bigger than that, and requires plenty of different, more nuanced solutions.

See? I've been totally aseptic there, no emotion or personal opinion about anything, and I still feel the need to clarify I don't masturbate to catalogues of school uniforms. Damn sensitive issue...

By the way, is there really a show about stalking sexual predators? What's next, public stonings of them for fun? Maybe some kind of score system depending on where the stones hit? Cash prizes?

I mean, how twisted do you need to be to make the sexual predator look like the good guy? Damn.

This happened in Boston not long ago. A guy was taking the bus with his daughter and she asked a very innocuous question along the lines of 'when am I going to see Mommy' and people freaked out, called the cop and the cops issued an amber alert while plastering this guys picture all over the media saying he was a person of interest and they were concerned about the lil girl. He gets home to find out that the news is all but calling him a pedophile and a kidnapper. Even after he went to the police and explained what was going on he had strangers saying things to him about it convinced he was a predator. He had to go on the news and explain what happened before people left him alone.

Also, some C-list celebrity couple got in legal trouble after they sent some photos to the lab (just before digital cams became the only kind of cams available) taken during their baby boy's first bath (I bet all your moms have them in a big album they insist on showing to visits and new girlfirends).

There's security and there's paranoia.

NoelVeiga on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    NoelVeiga wrote: »
    in the current climate we tend to assume that any kind of sex with people under 18 years old is pedophilia

It is helpful to make a distinction between pedophilia - sexual attraction towards children - and ephebophilia, which is sexual attraction towards teenagers (technically, pubescent adolescents). There is a clear categorical distinction between having sexual thoughts about a child who has not undergone puberty, shows no secondary sexual characteristics, and has not yet reached reproductive age versus having sexual thoughts about a teenager who does show secondary sexual characteristics. Especially in our culture, which is one that glorifies youth, and holds up a standard of female beauty that is very difficult to achieve unless you're still a teenager.

I would argue that the former is a mental illness while the latter is a normal facet of human experience.

At the very least, there are a metric fuckton (yes, "fuckton" is the technical term) of cultures in which the age of consent or marriage is around 13 or 14, but the number of cultures that accept or encourage the sexualization of children is relatively smaller. (Smaller, but not zero.)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    NoelVeiga wrote: »
    By the way, is there really a show about stalking sexual predators? What's next, public stonings of them for fun? Maybe some kind of score system depending on where the stones hit? Cash prizes?

I mean, how twisted do you need to be to make the sexual predator look like the good guy? Damn.

Law & Order: SVU has had a couple episodes about this. Where someone who has been convicted of sexual crimes against children in past is accused of it again and all sorts of bad things happen to them and it turns out that they didn't do anything. They definitely had one episode where a website was listing all of their names, addresses and pictures and someone killed like 5 of them.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    There are cities which have basically completely zoned sexual predators out of living anywhere in them.

And of course, since they're typically on parole/probation, and forbidden from moving, they're basically just fucked.

Thanatos on