As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

new art dump (characters and the like)

XaviXavi Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Artist's Corner
Yo!

I just started an art blog (finally!) and wanted to share the stuff I've put up there so far.

Plus, its been a good while since I was here :)

sorceress.jpg

dancer_girl.jpg

ashur.jpg

raging_spaniard_portrait.jpg

page_01.jpg

revolver_girl.jpg

fat_dood.jpg

Xavi on

• Options
    RavenqueenRavenqueen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I really like the color pallet that you are using. Great work.

Ravenqueen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The left hand breast on the first one looks significantly smaller than the right...looks wierd.

and that's all I've got...good work! :)

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    The left hand breast on the first one looks significantly smaller than the right...looks wierd.

and that's all I've got...good work! :)

eh, youre totally right! I hadn't noticed that before!

Thanks for the observation :)

Xavi on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm sure I'm going to be pulled up that some women do have one knocker that's larger than the other....so I thought I'd better mention it........and now I'm going to be pulled up as a pig for calling them knockers.........yeah I've got no defence for that one.

Mustang on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like your colors, but there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason whatsoever as to where you choose to put them. That creates a disjointed feel, like the colors were painted on them rather than being cast be some particular light source.

rts on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Your coloring might be illogical, but boy howdy, I like the weird stylishness of it. More talent for me to envy.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I like your colors, but there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason whatsoever as to where you choose to put them. That creates a disjointed feel, like the colors were painted on them rather than being cast be some particular light source.

Yeah I'm definitely experimenting a bit, it works better on some cases than others for sure. Hopefully going apeshit in color now will benefit me when I go back to a more traditional approach and find a good balance.

Xavi on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I agree with Tam. Wierd lighting issues aside, I still like this alot -- sometimes you can break the rules and it still works, at least for the viewer (the portrait is bang on, though).

I can't really draw character/concept stuff so I'm envious. Keep it up!

Grenn on
  • Options
    Demi GourdDemi Gourd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think your coloring would look nice in a sunset. With like, some characters in the foreground.

Demi Gourd on