Options

Radiant Silvergun 3 is 360 bound?!

2»

• Options
    zubismanzubisman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Cokomon wrote:
    Pent wrote:
    I think Microsoft should just go ahead and port all saturn games to the 360.
    [spoiler:40a3376db1]or just guardian heroes[/spoiler:40a3376db1]

I've always considered the Xbox line to be the spiritual successor to Sega's consoles anyways, as the Xbox philosophy seems very much in line with what Sega was trying to do with the Dreamcast. This would be a nice fit.

Also, similarities with the controllers and the Dreamcast using Windows CE.
    While the XBOX controller does look a bit like the DC controller, the DC controller looks a lot more like its predecessor/father, the Saturn 3d controller...minus a couple buttons

zubisman on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    zubisman wrote:
    Cokomon wrote:
    Pent wrote:
    I think Microsoft should just go ahead and port all saturn games to the 360.
    [spoiler:d39212fa8e]or just guardian heroes[/spoiler:d39212fa8e]

I've always considered the Xbox line to be the spiritual successor to Sega's consoles anyways, as the Xbox philosophy seems very much in line with what Sega was trying to do with the Dreamcast. This would be a nice fit.

Also, similarities with the controllers and the Dreamcast using Windows CE.
    While the XBOX controller does look a bit like the DC controller, the DC controller looks a lot more like its predecessor/father, the Saturn 3d controller...minus a couple buttons

I've mentioned before how the Xbox is as close to a "Dreamcast 2" as we could ever have hoped for, considering it was the platform of House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi, Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Sega GT, and a few others.

Also, real men play Ikaruga on their Dreamcasts, but I've heard good things about the Cube version. Nothing beats Ikaruga running in TATE on a 19" monitor at 640x480 via DC VGA adaptor, except maybe if I had a larger monitor.

Honestly though, a shooter from that team would pretty much be the catalyst for a 360 purchase for me in the future.

Edit: Also, yeah the Duke is a pretty blatant ripoff/homage to the DC controller, which itself was pretty much the NiGHTS 3D pad with an actual stick and the diamond placement for face buttons. The Controller S seems to be a sleeker SideWinder. (On a side note, it sucks that they don't make SideWinder pads anymore, but now that you can pick up a 360 pad and use that instead it's not so bad.)

Einhander on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Einhander wrote:
    Also, real men play Ikaruga on their Dreamcasts, but I've heard good things about the Cube version. Nothing beats Ikaruga running in TATE on a 19" monitor at 640x480 via DC VGA adaptor, except maybe if I had a larger monitor.

Yeah, a larger monitor is even better, but I totally know what you're saying.

zubisman on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well I'll be damned.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156213

I can't get the page to load on this PC, so I'll just copy over a snippet from the forum where I found it.
    1UP: So when will we finally see your 360 project?
    MM: I can't talk much about it yet, but I will say that it's an original shooting title and that it won't be released for a while. I hope we can start showing and talking about it soon, though.

1UP: A lot of Treasure fans are wondering if the game will be in the style of Radiant Silvergun or Ikaruga. Can you comment on that?
    MM: It's actually still early enough in the project that we don't yet know how similar it will be to those games. I'm thinking we'll probably want to go in a bit of a new direction now, though.

1UP: But it's at least still a top-down shooter, right?
    MM: Yeah. We'll use really great 3D graphics but it will retain the 2D gameplay people love.

1UP: So is this the same team that did Ikaruga?
    MM: Yes, the same director and team.

1UP: So would you consider it a new game in Radiant Silvergun "series"? Even though Ikaruga wasn't technically a sequel to Radiant Silvergun, it was the spiritual successor.
    MM: I would say no, actually. I know what you mean about Ikaruga being a spiritual successor and I would have to say that this game is totally different.
    So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth.

Can't wait.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I read the rest of that interview--it's worth a look if you're even a passing fan of Treasure. Sounds like more good things on the way from them.

Captain K on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Alan Wake, Gears of War, Dead Rising, and now this. This is the first non-Nintendo console I'm seriously considering picking up during its lifetime (grabbed a Dreamcast and Neo-Geo and that, but wayyy after their prime).

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, this and VF5 pretty much seal the deal for me. Never bought a console for over $200 before and didn't intend to start anytime soon, but that might have to change.
    Captain K wrote:
    I read the rest of that interview--it's worth a look if you're even a passing fan of Treasure. Sounds like more good things on the way from them.
    What I found more interesting is that he says Sin & Punishment is already a confirmed Virtual Console release. That was news to me. Here's hoping he's not talking about the JP release list.

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I'm definitely getting a 360 at some point--the "final version" of VF5 was the kicker for me.

I'm in no hurry to get it, though, as I already have ten zillion other games to play. I can wait for another price drop, or two.

Captain K on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I read that interview today too. Looks like I might end up with a 360 one day.

I really do hope we get Treasure's N64 games on the VC. I have them all, and I'd gladly rebuy them.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So, if this is true, what else can I hold my breath for?

Another Zero Gunner game? The last one I played was on the Dreamcast 4-game shooter pack (if you're at all in tune with the DC scene, you'll know what I mean).
    Another Border Down?
    Another Psyvariar?
    Another R-Type? I know Irem said they were done with R-Type, but c'mon!
    Battle Chopper?
    How about another actual Ikaruga?
    Another Darius?
    Carrier Air Wing?
    How about a new Raiden!?
    Storm Blade?
    Side Arms?
    Vulgus?
    Another Silpheed?
    Xevious?
    Another Raycrisis?
    1942?
    19XX?
    X-Multiply?
    Image Fight?
    Does anyone remember Salamander?? I think it was also released as "Lifeforce". I'd like a new Salamander! Actually, I've heard that a PSP Salamander was in the works. So yay for that.
    Some sort of new P-47 style game?
    Another Castle Shikigami/Gunbird?
    Even a new-gen sequel to Shooter Space Shot would be welcome to me...
    Giga Wing, anyone?

I know the next Gradius is at least PS3 bound.

What would you guys want to see most?

zubisman on
  • Options
    Guardian LegendGuardian Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Great news to me. I love shmups :)
    Although I wish the game could be bought in physical form. That way I could sell it on Ebay if i'm done with it.

Guardian Legend on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So...how much are 360s going for right now?

zubisman on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    zubisman wrote:
    So...how much are 360s going for right now?
    $400

bruin on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    zubisman wrote:

Another Zero Gunner game? The last one I played was on the Dreamcast 4-game shooter pack (if you're at all in tune with the DC scene, you'll know what I mean).
    Another Border Down?
    Another Psyvariar?
    Battle Chopper?
    Another Darius?
    Carrier Air Wing?
    How about a new Raiden!?
    Storm Blade?
    Side Arms?
    Vulgus?
    Another Silpheed?
    Xevious?
    Another Raycrisis?
    1942?
    19XX?
    X-Multiply?
    Image Fight?
    Does anyone remember Salamander?? I think it was also released as "Lifeforce". I'd like a new Salamander! Actually, I've heard that a PSP Salamander was in the works. So yay for that.
    Giga Wing, anyone?

I could fap all day to your post.

Have we heard anything more about this? I feel like we've got nothin for a shitload of speculation...

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    lofloloflo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Captain K wrote:

Wow. That interview made me fall in strong, manly love with that Masato Maegawa guy. I like his attitude toward the wishes of his team and toward making games in general.

Sounds like there could be good things in store for the 360 from treasure, through both standard retail and Live arcade channels.

loflo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Shadowfire wrote:
    zubisman wrote:

Another Border Down?
    Another Psyvariar?
    Battle Chopper?
    Another Darius?
    Carrier Air Wing?
    How about a new Raiden!?
    Storm Blade?
    Side Arms?
    Vulgus?
    Another Silpheed?
    Xevious?
    Another Raycrisis?
    1942?
    19XX?
    X-Multiply?
    Image Fight?
    Giga Wing, anyone?

I could fap all day to your post.

Oh, I do. Hourly.

zubisman on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    1UP recently sat down with the president of Treasure, Masato Maegawa, to discuss development for new gen consoles, and -- most importantly for us -- their plans for the Xbox 360. Treasure currently has a retail 2D shooter in the works for the Xbox 360. Maegawa claims that the graphics will be 3D but that the gameplay will stay true to the 2D style that Treasure fans have come to know and love. Also worth noting, the game is being created by the team responsible for the Dreamcast swan song, Ikaruga. Furthermore, he says that Treasure is considering an original title for the Xbox Live Arcade. Maegawa also says that 4 Genesis titles could make their way to the Arcade as well. Hey, give us Gunstar Heroes and Guardian Heroes and we will be happy campers.

We love us some Treasure (yar!) and it's nice to see Microsoft actively pursuing talented studios. What Treasure game would you like to see brought to the Arcade?

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/01/09/treasure-on-the-360-2d-shooter-on-the-way/

edit: ack I see six linked the interview already. Still it's great news for 360 owners. The good stuff keeps rolling in for us.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Captain K wrote:
    Yeah, I'm definitely getting a 360 at some point--the "final version" of VF5 was the kicker for me.

I'm in no hurry to get it, though, as I already have ten zillion other games to play. I can wait for another price drop, or two.

Wait now...whoa.....WHOA.

You back the fuck on up there tiger. The 360's getting the :Evolution version of VF5? Seriously? Like, confirmed news sources serious?

I mean, the Fighting game scene may be dying, but i'll be damned if VF5 on a mildly affordable system isn't good news.

Also, Dremcast 3 lol.

Seriously though, I am ABSOLUTLEY loving what Microsoft is doing with the 360. Right smack dab in the middle of the Wii and PS3.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You back the fuck on up there tiger. The 360's getting the :Evolution version of VF5? Seriously? Like, confirmed news sources serious?
    Not quite. I think the PS3 is getting arcade revision B and the 360 is getting arcade revision C. This probably wouldn't mean anything besides minor balance and movelist tweaks. For reference, I believe VF4 on the PS2 was revision C and VF4E was revision B of their respective arcade versions. Something like that, anyway. No major gameplay additions between revisions.

Sixfortyfive on
  • Options
    TabrisTabris Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Did Project Sylpheed ever get green lit to come to the US? Seemed like a quality title.

Tabris on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This and SOTN...God does exist.

Crayon on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Tabris wrote:
    Did Project Sylpheed ever get green lit to come to the US? Seemed like a quality title.

Last I knew, Squeenix had absolutely no interest in bringing Syplh over.

[spoiler:c9b28ba961]fuck them right in their stupid faces[/spoiler:c9b28ba961]

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter