As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Soul Calibur IV: We're done here, on to the next one. (Lock please)

1575859606163»

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So how do you use the fancy finisher moves? I can get the opponent to where their life bar is flashing red and I press the left bumper but nothing happens, my character just does a little animation and that's it.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    CulverCulver Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    So how do you use the fancy finisher moves? I can get the opponent to where their life bar is flashing red and I press the left bumper but nothing happens, my character just does a little animation and that's it.

*points to OP* Look Under Critical Finishes or CF's

Culver on
    Brawl FC: 3050-7350-3428
    360 GamerTag: Culver42
    Sc2 Beta ID : Culver. Culver
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

You can't do it when their bar is flashing. The flashing bar doesn't mean their soul guage has been crushed, it's just close to being crushed. When you fully destroy the soul guage, your opponent will be knocked back covered in a electric-red aura and you'll hear a big crashing sound. That's when you press the CF button.

If you need to practice it, just go to practice, set the computer to guard and their soul gauge to empty.

And we really need a new thread.

Edit: Or you could do what Culver said.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ahh, now I know. Thanks guys.

Note to self: Read more OPs.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sorry I haven't been on lately. Other games taking my time and whatnot. I should be on tomorrow if people want to fight.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    CulverCulver Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ahh, now I know. Thanks guys.

Note to self: Read more OPs.

Page has been doing a good job at keeping a up to date and informative op going. He just needs to make it a new one now cause this topic just blew the 100 page mark. :P

Culver on
    Brawl FC: 3050-7350-3428
    360 GamerTag: Culver42
    Sc2 Beta ID : Culver. Culver
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ya, I was kind of waiting for the lock. But I can do it now.

Mods can lock this one, I guess.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ugh, I'm seriously ticked at the number of online players who use the same move, over and over and over, and beat me. I'm actually trying to get used to a varied moveset, but my defensive skills still suck, and I have a real problem with slow reaction times on my moves(Siegfried) not being able to break an opponent's onslaught.

And I'm never going to be good enough for guard impact.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm seriously ticked at the number of online players who use the same move, over and over and over, and beat me. I'm actually trying to get used to a varied moveset, but my defensive skills still suck, and I have a real problem with slow reaction times on my moves(Siegfried) not being able to break an opponent's onslaught.

And I'm never going to be good enough for guard impact.

Actually, probably isn't that you suck at GI'ing it's just delayed online.

As for Siegfried, you should probably work on spacing. A lot of the people will use faster characters to try and spam you out, but if you use you range to your advantage they'll have a much hard time.

And learn moves for breaking people off you...6K is a good one and it stuns on counter.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    locked by request

Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.