As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bungie Cord

2»

• Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually I was hoping that there would be more info on any Bungie panels that may be happening. Sorry for the confusion.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    redeyejediredeyejedi Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Nothing unfortunately on either front in the WU.

redeyejedi on
  • Options
    injurred potatoinjurred potato Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    redeyejedi wrote: »
    Im just wondering how they are going to handle the enormous line of people waiting to play Luke and Shiska. And how they are going to fill the tourney slots with everyone crowding the bungie booth and waiting in their line. Maybe this will be the year for the standbys/alternates. Lol.

the comment does state that "hardcore" fans will be able to fight for Recon.... Maybe that implies something must be done in order to vrs them.. Not just stand in a line... Or maybe so hardcore that they are willing to wait 4 hours in a line to vrs bungie for recon..

hell I am, haha, I can't wait to see Bungie, maybe they will reveal some new multiplayer maps also, I think they said they might.

injurred potato on
  • Options
    LarsBarsLarsBars Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Hey guys, I am totally gonna be there in the front of the lines to see what Bungie has got goin on at Pax. :)

>>They did say they are giving out swag too. At the Halo 2 Launch party there was keychains, mugs, t-shirts, hats, etc. Bungie stuff.

>>Recon armor is really important, to the right people. It's a great prize to give out, especially at a celebration of gaming.

>>It doesn't sound like they are giving away just one set of Recon Armor. But who knows.

>>Relativox, howd you get your armor?

>>I don't know how you would auction recon off for charity without breaking somebody's Terms of Use agreement or getting somebody mad at you. Even if it was for charity.

Just thoughts. You guys have 2 person teams to take on Luke and Shishka? I am gonna be practicing as soon as I get my Xbox back. If anybody wants to hit me up on Live, my gamertag is LarsBars

LarsBars on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Recon has been auctioned off for charity before. I'll just tell them to do it themselves.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    They auctioned it at the childs play auction last year i think.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    mavrick88 wrote: »
    They auctioned it at the childs play auction last year i think.

They auctioned off two sets.

One was in the silent auction with the flaming head as well. And the second was thrown in at the last minute with the big duffel bag that all the media people got for Halo 3.
    LarsBars wrote: »
    >>Relativox, howd you get your armor?

From a friend

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I don't buy it. Havn't seen you wear it and I've seen your service record. But you might get some at pax so there is still hope lol.

redeyejedi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Why do you think I don't wear it?

I wore the full set for one day, then I went back to my normal armor with the Recon chest. Then I started getting friend requests from random people saying they "wnted 1 recon freindz" (sic).

Anyway, I'm always up for a game. Just send a game invite to Relativiox.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    LarsBarsLarsBars Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    If you guys are up for some big team battle, one of my b.net groups is doing BTB games on saturday night at 6.

You dig?

LarsBars on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    With the new WU it seems we have more info on the recon challenge.

"a HANDFUL of tries per day and once you've had your shot thats it"

Complete B.S. No one on this forum will get a shot at it.

redeyejedi on
  • Options
    Ukali.KulaUkali.Kula Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Penny Arcade Expo

In regards to our booth at Penny-Arcade[Aug. 29-31 in Seattle] (we’ll be sharing a mechaplex-sized booth with the eyes-wide-tight crew over Red vs. Blue), the schedule for events is slowly emerging from the mist. As previously mentioned there will be a handful of daily opportunities to play Bungie for a chance to win Recon. Once you’ve had a shot at glory, that’s it. In addition to the already-announced team of Shishka and I, some new challengers stepped into the fold this week. Calling themselves Team T&T (Shishka and I are Team Free Recon), Joe Tung (a Producer by day) and Luke Timmins (network engineer) are teaming up to take part in the Recon Challenge.

Tung’s first question: Can I talk trash to the fans?

Followed immediately by: Can I call them -blam!- dumpsters?
    The schedule is taking shape though and we can confirm that Jen Taylor AKA the voice of Cortana will be spending some time in the booth signing autographs. Again, once we have a firm schedule – we’ll post it publicly so that PAX attendees can plan accordingly. Also, start saving those pennies, we will have some sweet exlusive limited quantity shirts for sale - in addition to upholding our promise of "making it rain with prizes."

Ukali.Kula on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yup see my post just ABOVE yours.

redeyejedi on
  • Options
    SupaNovaSupaNova Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    redeyejedi wrote: »
    Yup see my post just ABOVE yours.
    Ukali's post was more thorough - having the whole post here is a good idea :) Considering not everybody is going for recon. I'm personally more interested in the schedule for events, and the shirts + free shwag.

SupaNova on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ukali.Kula wrote: »
    Bungie announced that more info regarding the panels they are doing as far as scheduling will be given this week.. That implies that Bungie has a panel.. and that schedule is released within a weeks time..

I've been watchin and unless I've missed it, bungies panel hasn't been scheduled. :(

redeyejedi on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    just announced today in the weekly update we will be able to play Purple Reign now know as Assembly. Can't wait.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    yup good times. But I guess no panel from bungie.

redeyejedi on
This discussion has been closed.