Options

The [Chat] is my Penis

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Podly: The fact that romance is a turn off for you is a sign that you need to, like, live.
    no, it's a sign he needs a less irritating posting shtick

Being irritating is the nature of hipsters with communication disabilities.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote:
    Podly: The fact that romance is a turn off for you is a sign that you need to, like, live.

:|

and you are clearly one to talk
    man at least when I post unfortunate bullshit it is unfortunate bullshit

I'm not just a wanker who can't appreciate the fact he's living a pretty fuck-awesome life in a pretty fuck-awesome place surrounded by fuck-awesome people

I'm just really noticing lately that like, a huge amount of [chat]ers phrase their posts as "ugh this [good thing] sucks so bad" and it really fucking grates on my nerves because fucking unappreciative douches

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote:

:|

and you are clearly one to talk

game set match to edward the magnificent

MikeMan on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, so now that PAX is over will [chat] come back to life?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Satan. wrote: »
    So that whole American Politics thing, just for show?

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, I'm just confused as to why people felt the need to start new threads about it in the first place when the first system seemed to be working just fine for the last year.
    We technically don't have a politics thread. That mega thread was done away with. We did have a primaries thread and after that a presidential election thread.

OK fine, Palin is still a VP nominee. Switch the word out in my post and it still stands.

Satan. on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And the shit flies in [chat].

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hey, so now that PAX is over will [chat] come back to life?

Nah.

I poisoned all the drinks at the PAX dinners.

Their insides should be more or less Jell-O right about now (cherry!).

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, I'm just confused as to why people felt the need to start new threads about it in the first place when the first system seemed to be working just fine for the last year.
    We technically don't have a politics thread. That mega thread was done away with. We did have a primaries thread and after that a presidential election thread.

OK fine, Palin is still a VP nominee. Switch the word out in my post and it still stands.
    *shrug*

It keeps the shit from being repeated ad nauseam out of the presidency thread which seems like something you'd want.

Quid on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm just really noticing lately that like, a huge amount of [chat]ers phrase their posts as "ugh this [good thing] sucks so bad" and it really fucking grates on my nerves because fucking unappreciative douches

I can do this because I am, frankly, better than pretty much everybody I've ever met.

Here' a pretty cool quote:
    Man is the species that can always destroy itself. For this reason, religion was created

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    and billions are worse off still than you, oboro.

yes, people love to brag about how 'awful' their predicaments are but your situation does not invalidate our problems, i'm sorry, they just don't, just as the suffering as others worse off than you does not invalidate your problems

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cherry jello? Now that is downright evil.

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Podly wrote: »

I can do this because I am, frankly, better than pretty much everybody I've ever met.

Here' a pretty cool quote:
    Man is the species that can always destroy itself. For this reason, religion was created

The fact that 1) you just quoted one of my bullet points and 2) quoted one of my favorite people ever makes me 3) want to set you on fire and then drown myself.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    and billions are worse off still than you, oboro.

yes, people love to brag about how 'awful' their predicaments are but your situation does not invalidate our problems, i'm sorry, they just don't, just as the suffering as others worse off than you does not invalidate your problems
    oh yeah it's totally a fucking problem for Podly that there were romantic subtexts when he went on that boat ride with his ex in central park today

blow it

out

your fucking

ass

EDIT: though I do agree with you :^:

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm still not getting why Buddhists want to escape the cycle of reincarnation so bad.

Existence is pretty rad, guys.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm still not getting why Buddhists want to escape the cycle of reincarnation so bad.

Not if life is suffering.

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The Buddha is what happens when you merge an emo kid and a hippie.

"Maaaan, life sucks, I want to just give up caring about things, but I am going to be friggin mellow about it man."

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wee and now oro goes on a fucking pointless shit-slinging meltdown

i'm just so glad for that right now

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Nirvana has an all you can eat taco bar.

And I don't mean the crappy one by 7-11. I mean the nice one by the dollar store with sopapillas and little Mexican flags on the table you raise to get a waiter.

Quid on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gim wrote: »
    And the shit flies in [chat].

All this pent up tension from dead [chat] during PAX.

On a lighter note, my street has demons. I heard what sounded like some asshole randomly honking his horn like he was trying to get somebody in the building's attention. The honking got more and more frequent, and the tempo suggested dude was seriously pissed off; a staccato burst followed by an extended hooooooooooooooooonk.

Eventually the horn just didn't stop. I'm looking out my window at this point, with a "Fuck off already!" prepared for when this asshole gets out of his car. My downstairs neighbor is across the street by this point, and lifting a tarp off a car in the driveway.

There was nobody inside. The horn just kept blowing until it died.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

That's beautiful.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I miss Will.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »

Well some life is suffering, but, some life is awesome. The suffering gives the awesome context. And hey, if there is reincarnation, if one of your lives sucks you could get an awesome later.

I'm with jewcar on this one, buddhists seem like whiners. Like, one of the examples the Dalai Lama gave was, you get a car and it makes you happy and is awesome, but later on it breaks down and annoys you and you have to fix it and pay for it and give it gas. So pleasure is fleeting so we must escape the cycle of reincarnation.

What a whiner.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

burning burning burning burning

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I miss Will.

Wait, what happened to will?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dude. Taco bar.

Quid on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think I'm going to out myself to my entire creative writing class with a story i'm writing

ah well

and I took his boytaur front cock into my boytight hind-ass

Eddy can you please be a boytaur?

the story was an excercise actually, describing someone that made a big impression despite only briefly meeting him or her

my person is a guy I saw several times at an airport who was absurdly beautiful. Then I heard him talk, and his new jersey accent nearly made me vomit.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dude. Taco bar.

You propose a much more compelling argument than the Dalai Lama.

Are you perhaps, a Buddha?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I miss Will.

Wait, what happened to will?

He became a grown up

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

That's beautiful.

I've never seen anything like it. It was a pretty new-looking car, too. The horn has been pissing me off all week, and I just figured my neighbors were selling drugs or something relatively benign compared to horn blowing car demons.

So does the horn recharge or some shit, or does it need maintained now that he used his lifetime's worth of honks?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    He became a grown up

D:

The worst of fates.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Buddhism really comes down to how you take it, like anything else. I mean it's not like life lacks suffering, especially on a global scale. I just personally don't think suffering is something that needs to be escaped from, but rather worked on. They do, at least, work on it while trying to escape it.

I'm just kind of annoyed how the story of Sidartha is basically some dude overreacting to discovering biological entropy.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dude. Taco bar.

You propose a much more compelling argument than the Dalai Lama.

Are you perhaps, a Buddha?
    Only a consumer of life's shrimp tacos and sufferer of the universe's constant running out of enchilada sauce.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well some life is suffering, but, some life is awesome. The suffering gives the awesome context. And hey, if there is reincarnation, if one of your lives sucks you could get an awesome later.

I'm with jewcar on this one, buddhists seem like whiners. Like, one of the examples the Dalai Lama gave was, you get a car and it makes you happy and is awesome, but later on it breaks down and annoys you and you have to fix it and pay for it and give it gas. So pleasure is fleeting so we must escape the cycle of reincarnation.

What a whiner.

Most buddhists don't live in a first-world country, where the suffering of life gives the awesomeness of enlightenment context.

Context!

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Girard agrees that Europe is immersed in what the Arabist of the Sorbonne, Rémi Brague, calls “metaphysical boredom”:

“His is a beautiful explanation, and it seems to me that the superiority of the Christian message each day becomes more visible. When it is most attacked, Christianity shines with greater truth. Being the negation of mythology, Christianity shines especially in the moment in which our world once again fills itself with sacrificial mythologies. I have always understood the ‘scandal’ of the Christian revelation in a radical way. In Christianity, rather than assuming the point of view of the crowd, we assume the view of the innocent victim. Thus Christianity deals with a complete reversal of the archaic scenario. And it brings about the exhaustion of violence.”

Girard talks about our obsession with sexuality:

“In the Gospels, there is nothing sexual, and this fact has been completely romanticized by contemporary Gnostics. Gnostics, as always, exclude categories of persons, and transform them into enemies. Christianity is the exact opposite of mythology and of Gnosticism. Today, a form of neo-paganism is being advanced. The greatest error of postmodern philosophy is to have thought that it could freely transform man into a mechanism for pleasure. From this pursuit of pleasure comes de-humanization, which begins with the false desire to prolong life’s pleasures by sacrificing the greatest goods.”

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Buddhism really comes down to how you take it, like anything else. I mean it's not like life lacks suffering, especially on a global scale. I just personally don't think suffering is something that needs to be escaped from, but rather worked on. They do, at least, work on it while trying to escape it.

I'm just kind of annoyed how the story of Sidartha is basically some dude overreacting to discovering biological entropy.

Yeah, my buddhism class just started so we are still mainly on the life of Buddha stuff and it's just like :zzz:

James, fair point. I often think to myself, hey, life isn't so bad, I could be starving to death in some third world country (where buddhism is practiced).

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Thank fuck we have a Sarah Palin thread
    yeah, Qingu's is almost on page two

I don't know what the fuck we'd do without a Sarah Palin thread for people to post pointless bullshit in, and go off-topic for pages at a time in

Somebody none of us know of just got picked for vice president. I'm pretty sure a thread or two are in order.

We never had a rule against spinning things off to their own threads, it's just that all attempts to do so have been about minor day-to-day campaign stuff that was already being covered.

"Who the fuck is Palin?" is a bit more legitimate, because Alaska.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Podly, if you taught a lecture, I would attend.

Just sayin'.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Podly, I'm afraid to ask you this, but have you read anything on Girard's scapegoat theories?

And did you know he has some stuff in iTunes University or whatever they call it?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    And IIRC the discussion with the other mods was "should we allow a general elections thread?" and not "should we merge everything into a general election thread?"

So, it never ruled out more than one thread about whatever.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So at first glance Supreme Commander seems to kind of suck. Maybe I should have started with campaign and not skirmish.

The game is subtle. There is massive depth to it. And, having played it a fair bit, with the improved AI from the expansion pack I think it is by far the best RTS ever made.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.