As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Name is [Chat]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Dear guy at Chipotle: I asked for a little guac. A little. Thanks so much for spooning on 2 pounds of it and ruining my burrito.

Sounds like me and mayonaise when I worked at JiB if a hot girl came in I always made sure to slather her sandwich with delicious manaise.

NOICE

It's also the reason I never ask for extra mayo. I know what that means.

I've heard this exchange like 50 times so I can't tell how funny it actually is anymore but one time my uncle and his friend went in to a dunkin donuts and...

Uncle's Friend: I'll take a man butter donut
    Dunkin Donuts Guy: I don't know what that means...
    Uncle's Friend: yeah ya do.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man i hate Fath i'm glad it's ending

MikeMan on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BOLOGNA IS PERFECT FUEL FOR KEELING TINY COWARDS

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

what means this?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dear guy at Chipotle: I asked for a little guac. A little. Thanks so much for spooning on 2 pounds of it and ruining my burrito.

Sounds like me and mayonaise when I worked at JiB if a hot girl came in I always made sure to slather her sandwich with delicious manaise.

NOICE

I've heard this exchange like 50 times so I can't tell how funny it actually is anymore but one time my uncle and his friend went in to a dunkin donuts and...

Uncle's Friend: I'll take a man butter donut
    Dunkin Donuts Guy: I don't know what that means...
    Uncle's Friend: yeah ya do.

hahahahaha

"yeah ya do"

your uncle is awesome

edit: and apparently so is his friend.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

NOICE

You must be a pretty fast draw if you can dish up the mayo that fast :P Is there some sort of speed test you have to pass before being allowed to work in the kitchen?

Also, I swear reading the stupid driver's handbook to study for the test made me dumber and a worse driver. Something about having the dumbest common sense things being spelled out painfully fried my brain. "Never turn left down a one-way street if the traffic is going to the right!" Really? I'm glad you told me because I just thought that "one-way" meant you only go forwards, not back.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

what means this?
    No, I went to one of the better schools in Georgia and it was like that. You most certainly can make judgments. Stupid people ruin fucking everything (this is lesson #1 from The End of Fath).

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    if I ever see you again you'll probably actually meet him for longer than 5 minutes. he's an absolute psycho but he's completely harmless :D.

drug addled, I guess, and has so little responsibility since he's like, our age, that I think his brain has just deteriorated beyond repair.

edit - this was at Mike.

also, thanks for explaining :P

Variable on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You must be a pretty fast draw if you can dish up the mayo that fast :P Is there some sort of speed test you have to pass before being allowed to work in the kitchen?

Also, I swear reading the stupid driver's handbook to study for the test made me dumber and a worse driver. Something about having the dumbest common sense things being spelled out painfully fried my brain. "Never turn left down a one-way street if the traffic is going to the right!" Really? I'm glad you told me because I just thought that "one-way" meant you only go forwards, not back.

Fastest hands in the west I can switch hands without missing a stroke. No it usually means they load the bun with so much sauce your first bite will end up all over your shirt.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Mike, you's a bitch. Jerry Garcia said so. Just listen. Put your head real close to my ass and you'll hear.

Hah! A fart joke!

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    There was a guy sitting outside the DMV talking to all the people waiting in line. He was like "They're gonna take away your ID like they did mine! It's your ID, man!" And it occurred to me that the nice thing about real-life is that it's a lot easier to tell when someone's crazy because you can see it.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man... My laptop died, so I thought it might be time to finally realize my dream of building my own mega-rig.

But reading through that goddamn "computer build" thread in the tech forum is making my head spin.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They are both on renewable energy. Prop 7 is a push to increase the renewable energy mandate -- which would be good, but the Reps, Dems and enviro groups are all against it, saying it's well-intentioned and poorly-worded enough to do more harm than good.

Prop 10 is a way for California to give money to T. Boone Pickens, the Texas oil tycoon.

Interesting way to put it :P

Do you know when the ballots are finalized?

Hmm. I don't know what you mean. I think we've got all the propositions we're going to get already.

Incidentally, you can read analysis of the props here from the non-partisan Legislative Analyst's Office.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man... My laptop died, so I thought it might be time to finally realize my dream of building my own mega-rig.

But reading through that goddamn "computer build" thread in the tech forum is making my head spin.

The thread is terribly disorganized.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mike, you's a bitch. Jerry Garcia said so. Just listen. Put your head real close to my ass and you'll hear.

Hah! A fart joke!

one kid in my math class keeps making fart noises and yelling "smoke weed every day". I'm entertained.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

Jerry Garcia lives in your butt? You must have a huge ass.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, iTunes 8 you are confusing

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There was a guy sitting outside the DMV talking to all the people waiting in line. He was like "They're gonna take away your ID like they did mine! It's your ID, man!" And it occurred to me that the nice thing about real-life is that it's a lot easier to tell when someone's crazy because you can see it.

That's not true, Irene. One need only look at politics to see that.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

Well I know the Grateful Dead live in a lot of ass's I mean their music had to have a good reason for being utter shit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I'm very excited about this.

... some kid just stood up and told the class to shut up. I hate kids like that.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I do not think I like this grid view.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

Not if you consider the fact that Garcia was cremated.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

Well I know the Grateful Dead live in a lot of ass's I mean their music had to have a good reason for being utter shit.

I'm not really into them but this is something you probably shouldn't say. they have many fans, and some are rabid fans.

though I doubt we have any around these parts.

Variable on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

The Genius mode is annoying, especially when half your songs aren't recognized...

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

My farts sound like tarred-lung coughs and bluesy guitar on shitty amps.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What is good about iTunes 8?

Is Artist its own database table yet?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »

what does that mean?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The Genius mode is annoying, especially when half your songs aren't recognized...

Hmm. I am setting it up now. I am a little nervous about sending all this information to Apple (?)

Also, grid view made me realize I need to fill in Album Name for a huge number of songs. That is going to suck.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

I'm not really into them but this is something you probably shouldn't say. they have many fans, and some are rabid fans.

Not really afraid of Dead fans, I mean they are like Phish fans only older and more burned out because of drug use.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hmm. I am setting it up now. I am a little nervous about sending all this information to Apple (?)

Also, grid view made me realize I need to fill in Album Name for a huge number of songs. That is going to suck.

yeah, I love knowing all my info is set for my shit. It caused me to limit what I have cause I don't just grab random shit anymore, but everything is nice and orderly. overly orderly.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hah! A fart joke!

Not really afraid of Dead fans, I mean they are like Phish fans only older and more burned out because of drug use.

but what are you gonna do when they come to your house and make you smoke put and trip with them?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I always have to keep my love of the Dead a bit of a secret. The last thing I want to do is reinforce my hippie image.

Phish can go rot in a fucking cellar, though. They're basically like the Dead but less interesting.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

but what are you gonna do when they come to your house and make you smoke put and trip with them?

Point them to my video games, its what the stoners do man.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008

what does that mean?

You should be able to assign an arbitrary number of artists to a song.

Feral on

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ... some kid just stood up and told the class to shut up. I hate kids like that.

This is a university/college, right? If the rest of the class is being loud for no goddamn reason he should be able to tell everyone to fuck off because he's paying for his time there.

James on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

I'm very excited about this.

I did this in my inaugural session of Introduction to Film. This girl was giving an unwarranted and off-topic verbal dissertation on the difference between "sound" and "noise" in film. I stood up and started going at it with her, but once I realized she was deaf to reason it culminated in my making animal noises and pointedly asking if they were sound, or if they were noise.

Ruff ruff rrrgrorrr ruff! Sound or noise and do you like the sound of it, bitch?

I like to think of it as asserting my dominance over the class.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    But I dun wanna mop my floor

SIGH

Is this a euphamism for :winky:?

Please tell me it's a euphamism for :winky:

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

what does that mean?

You should be able to assign an arbitrary number of artists to a song.

That would make the spreadsheet view a little complicated. What I do is put the conductor or the soloist as the artist, and put other stuff like the orchestra and the singers in the comments section. You can only sort, anyway, and having multiple artist fields really only help for searchable databases, I think.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think I still am using like..Itunes 6...

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think I still am using like..Itunes 6...
    when I went to 7, it trashed my library for some reason

fortunately, I frequently use the "clean up my physical files" tool, so I was able to just add the one root directory and get it all back

regardless, I'll not be upgrading again

Oboro on
    words
This discussion has been closed.