As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW: WotLK Release Date Set at 11/13/08 [Chat and General Discussion]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuga wrote: »
    No, the one that's down is.

That's where the enemy's gate is.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuuuuck mutilate is fun with the new talent trees.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sylvanas' new model makes me reconcider my stance on necrophilia :winky:

reVerse on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    End wrote: »
    No, the one down is.

I think Mr. not a free man has a wider screen than you do.
    I didn't even realise they were three seperate images.

The first one is her current model on live.
    The second one was never her model, it's someones attempt in the model viewer.
    The third is her new model.

815165 on
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    End wrote: »
    No, the one down is.

I think Mr. not a free man has a wider screen than you do.
    I didn't even realise they were three seperate images.

The first one is her current model on live.
    The second one was never her model, it's someones attempt in the model viewer.
    The third is her new model.

Actually the model was changed twice. The second (or some variation of it) was even implemented long enough to be temporarily used in the Battle for Undercity quest line (along with a shittier Wrynn model). Believe me, if I wanted to include fan-made images, there'd be a lot more.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/911

Glyph on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Second one was fan made? :o
    Thought it replaced the night elf one currently.
    And the new one really is well done..

Fuga on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sylvanas has boobies. This message brought to you by Ninja Edit.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What I love about the new Sylvanas model is that, while it barely has more polygons, the texture work makes it look like it's a straight-up painting.

Garthor on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Glyph wrote: »
    Actually the model was changed twice. The second (or some variation of it) was even implemented long enough to be temporarily used in the Battle for Undercity quest line (along with a shittier Wrynn model). Believe me, if I wanted to include fan-made images, there'd be a lot more.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/911
    sylvanas.jpg
    Was her interrim model, I'm not sure if the model viewer is working right for beta, I can't get it going anyway. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man that new model is awesome... that second one looked completely retarded

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Ret paladins would become unstoppable.

This is exactly why S4 will end with 3.0 or earlier. There is no way they could possibly let roaming ret paladin rape packs go live after having people fight for placing for the past several months. The bitching from the pvp'ers would be legendary.

Uh...
    Season 4 will still be on-going after the new content patch. ^.^

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Joon wrote: »

This is exactly why S4 will end with 3.0 or earlier. There is no way they could possibly let roaming ret paladin rape packs go live after having people fight for placing for the past several months. The bitching from the pvp'ers would be legendary.

Uh...

I for one welcome our new Brutal Gladiator Retribution overlords.

reVerse on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno what would make Retadins anymore "OP" than Deadly Brew rogues, or Survival hunters or something. I'm not arguing they won't be ridiculously bursty, but I don't know that they're the pinnacle of burst damage.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So are people not bothering to do the brewfest dailies anymore (except for the boss)? I see somebody doing the barking quest every now and then, one or two doing the relay, and the last couple of times I was out in the main brewfest area in front of org there was nobody bothering with the dark iron invasion event. It's a far cry from last year's event.

Nobody on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, without the 600 token mount reward, most people are either not bothering with the non-boss parts, or stopping the dailies once they hit a particular reward (the "brew of the month" thing in my case).

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    So are people not bothering to do the brewfest dailies anymore (except for the boss)? I see somebody doing the barking quest every now and then, one or two doing the relay, and the last couple of times I was out in the main brewfest area in front of org there was nobody bothering with the dark iron invasion event. It's a far cry from last year's event.

Look at what you can buy with tokens from this years Brewfest people have all that crap already.

I got my Brew of the Month club membership and my B.E.E.R goggles and haven't bothered with it since.

If the item to turn my mount into a Kodo didn't have a limit on how long it lasted I would probably be buying those.

Seg on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seg wrote: »

Look at what you can buy with tokens from this years Brewfest people have all that crap already.

I got my Brew of the Month club membership and my B.E.E.R goggles and haven't bothered with it since.

If the item to turn my mount into a Kodo didn't have a limit on how long it lasted I would probably be buying those.

I just want the keg and brew of the month club tomorrow 4 of my characters complete this

So my priest still has to do Jail break should I just harass someone into helping me do it and give Marashall Winsor one last walk before he goes back to his 3 squares a day and all the gay sex he can handle?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    reVerse wrote: »

Uh...

What reVerse said.

I have no idea how this will be anything but a clusterfuck.

"Y'know those FOTM pair ups you've been running for 4 months now? Guess what, time to learn whole new strats based around whole new FOTM specs/compositions! You have X weeks! ENJOY BITCHES!"

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Uh...

What reVerse said.

"Y'know those FOTM pair ups you've been running for 4 months now? Guess what, time to learn whole new strats based around whole new FOTM specs/compositions! You have X weeks! ENJOY BITCHES!"

Who in their right mind would do Arena after 3.0? knowing that all points go down the drain in a few weeks
    Add in the new specs and total blood elf ret paladin dominance
    Why bother?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

No arguement here, I was just wondering if it was as bad on other servers. Blizzard really seemed to drop the ball on brewfest this year.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »

Uh...

What reVerse said.

Who in their right mind would do Arena after 3.0? knowing that all points go down the drain in a few weeks
    Add in the new specs and total blood elf ret paladin dominance
    Why bother?

Gear, weapons, title, mount.

Oh, and there's probably some crazy people who enjoy doing Arenas.

reVerse on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You can learn how to fight against the new specs now or while you're leveling to 80. Make your choice.

Henroid on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think what the big problem is with Paladins having their new talents for Ret is that from what I've heard it scales very, very well at 70 and lessens as you level but still stays quite good. One would have to mess around on the PTR for awhile I suppose.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    You can learn how to fight against the new specs now or while you're leveling to 80. Make your choice.

back when the 2.0 patch came out I saw some horrifying specs people were trying out most of them figured out what they did and did not like on the grind to 70

I know there are some very crazy people who all for the arena anymore I just don't see why anyone would go there knowing what I said earlier

Brainleech on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, when does the patch come out?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Current speculation is a week or two before the expansion.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hm. The expansion comes out in a little over a month.
    That went fast..
    So this Brew of the Month thing, what does it do?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

I read the quest info while doing that quest. Turns out that at the beginning of the month they mail you a brew, and if you like it you can go to a vendor in Ironforge and buy more of that brew.

Seg on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hope they all do cool shit like the Gnomish binary stuff.

JJ on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JJ wrote: »
    I hope they all do cool shit like the Gnomish binary stuff.
    I wished that worked in every channel, not just /s. The buffs only, like, 5 minutes.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh dear god at the MMO Champion forums. They're even worse than the official forums.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »

I read the quest info while doing that quest. Turns out that at the beginning of the month they mail you a brew, and if you like it you can go to a vendor in Ironforge and buy more of that brew.

Huh. That's pretty cool.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bah, the nightmare of turning in Runecloth to get my Gnomeregan Exiles rep to exalted is finally over. Ambassador title, here I come.

Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh dear god at the MMO Champion forums. They're even worse than the official forums.

Stop punishing yourself.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fun fact I just noticed about the Wrathgate cutscene.
    There doesn't seem to be any Draenei in there anywhere. Every other race is accounted for (okay, I didn't see any Blood Elves in there either, but there are a few High Elves so that kinda sorta counts), but Draenei are mysteriously missing. I guess they just don't like the cold or something?

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    There doesn't seem to be any Draenei in there anywhere. Every other race is accounted for (okay, I didn't see any Blood Elves in there either, but there are a few High Elves so that kinda sorta counts), but Draenei are mysteriously missing. I guess they just don't like the cold or something?

Not really about your observation, but about Wrathgate in general:
    How important is Bolvar to the lore? I haven't really looked him up on WoWWiki.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »

He ruled Stormwind during King Douchebag's absence (and did a hell of a job at it, too, taking advice from that Prestor woman and allowing the Defias and the orcs to overrun a lot of the human lands) and he's King Douchebag's childhood friend or something, giving Douchey a reason to declare war on the Horde when he snuffs it at the Wrathgate.

As far as I can remember, he hasn't been in any of the previous WarCraft games, but it's been a while since I played them.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

He ruled Stormwind during King Douchebag's absence (and did a hell of a job at it, too, taking advice from that Prestor woman and allowing the Defias and the orcs to overrun a lot of the human lands) and he's King Douchebag's childhood friend or something, giving Douchey a reason to declare war on the Horde when he snuffs it at the Wrathgate.

As far as I can remember, he hasn't been in any of the previous WarCraft games, but it's been a while since I played them.

Oh, also...
    Will the Forsaken be kicked out of the Horde now, or what?

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Oh, also...
    Will the Forsaken be kicked out of the Horde now, or what?
    Short answer: No. Further storyline spoilers to follow.
    During the ensuing quest line, Varimathras and Putress (the Forsaken in the cutscene) take over the Undercity, summon a bunch of demons there and kill anyone who doesn't join them. Sylvanas and the Forsaken loyal to her escape to Orgrimmar where Sylvanas convinces Thrall that she had nothing to do with the betrayal at the Wrathgate. Then she and Thrall travel to the Undercity, kill a bunch of demons and eventually slay Varimathras.

Meanwhile, in the Alliance version of this quest line, King Douchebag and the Alliance forces invade the Undercity and kill Putress. Then King Douchebag gets to the throne room and declares a war on the Horde, and just as they're gonna duke it out Jaina comes and teleports the Alliance forces out of the Undercity.

reVerse on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Most likely because
    they aren't really as invested in Bolvar/Saurfang. The Draenei just got here, and the Blood Elves, until recently, were more concerned with what Kael'Thas wanted.

The Trolls, Orcs, Tauren, and Forsaken all have a lot to do/care about when Saurfang jr talks, and the Humans, Gnomes, NElves, and Dwarves all have a lot to do with Bolvar.

The Muffin Man on
This discussion has been closed.