As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Online: 1.01 goes live tomorrow!

• Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A couple of minor issues being fix.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lots of good/necessary changes in that list but one of my favorites is this:

* The delay between sending multiple mails has been reduced from 20 seconds to 5 seconds.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Empty looking to me, and why so many sets of bars when two are basically empty?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Empty looking to me, and why so many sets of bars when two are basically empty?

Because I don't want to clutter up the two bars I do use with stuff that I'm never going to bother with

Also because I've still got 26 more levels of abilities to fill those bars with.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My interface:

warinterfaceia6.th.jpgthpix.gif

Basically the blurred out area is my guild chat. The other chat windows are the default ones. The Square with my name in it is my Squared "root". Basically as Squared builds itself when your in a party, warband or scenario, it grows up and out from that spot.

You can't see it in this shot, but I keep the default party window, clean party window, scenario groups and warband groups OFF. I use Squared for all my healing needs.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there a way to stop all the logos and movies playing on start up?

noobert on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So last couple of nights i've been getting massive scenario lag. The scenario (Mourkains, but also experienced it intermittently in Phoenix Gate) will start ok, but for some reason all my abilities suddenly start lagging by 5 seconds or so. Like, i will activate an ability, it will build up... then just sit at the end of the cast bar for 5 seconds before actually firing. If i move during this additional time the ability is interrupted. Alternatively, i'll fire as normal at the end of the cast bar, but no damage will occur until 5 seconds or so later than it should. Instant casts dont suffer from the interrupt issue, but they still get a 5 second delay between button press and result.

When i say 5 second delay, its not exact, it changes but its a substantial delay.

It makes it very, very difficult to do anything at all because you cant chain your abilities. It was basically unplayable. I think everyone was getting it, there were a few scenario chat complaints of "lag!!!!!" but nobody went into any detail. But the games definately werent playing the same as they normally did, things were much less fluid than normal in terms of the pace of the battle, so i think it was hitting everyone. Only happened in scenarios, it never happened in PvE, and i even attended a keep raid which was perfectly fine. (other than the fact that retards kept getting agro and running down the stairs, resetting the keep lord, despite being told over and over not to :x )

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Why bother blur out the guild chat? Not like we're spies or whatever. :P

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Glad they fixed the issue with rooting NPC's.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    No fixes for belt trophies?

Blelllghgh.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »

Blelllghgh.

What exactly is the issue with belt trophies? Funny enough, on my character my shoulder trophy's wont work, and end up on my belt. And my normal belt trophies work just fine.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    * Fixed an issue that was allowing players to use the "Pounce" ability without an enemy target. The ability now requires an enemy target to jump towards.

D:

Now we're back to struggling uphill in every Tor Anroc ever

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kajusta wrote: »

Blelllghgh.

What exactly is the issue with belt trophies? Funny enough, on my character my shoulder trophy's wont work, and end up on my belt. And my normal belt trophies work just fine.

For the Witch Hunter, at least, none of the belt trophies are able to show up on the belt. (No 'red x', they just can't be seen)

Shoulder trophies work just fine though.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "* Monsters which change velocity while moving in combat should no longer return “Target is Out of Range” sometimes when attacked by players."

This is fucking EXCELLENT!

Woooo!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Anyone find the game crashes alot? I've had a hole whack load of crash to desktop and a couple of BSOD.

Lastest was a few minutes ago when I was in a Warband about to drop the door of a Keep in Ostland and rampage up ins.

Such bad timing.

Also question: Is there a way to keep the chat boxes from fading? There must be a way because I've had the chat box up for over an hour then it fades away and doesn't want to come back unless I yell at it and click furiously.

My ideal patch note
    Game Update 1.01 - Arrives 10/02/08!
    Missy Hatch | Patch Notes | 10/01/2008 @ 06:53:54 EST

Magus

*Made you awesome

*Your still a wet paper back but now lined with 200% more Kevlar for added ballistic protection.

*Snares have no effect on you. Your on an Daemon powered disk.

*You now hover over water consistently instead of once and awhile.

*Every offensive ability you have now does more damage. Lots more.

*New ability called "Knock order player off a cliff" to mirror the engineer in order to make people shake their fist at you.

Oh I am sure I can think of some more.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    ElosElos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goddamnit I've accidentaly quit Nordenwatch so many times I've lost count, you only have to touch the damn instance portal and it ports you out of the scenario without asking confirmation. You always spawn right next to it and if you turn to the wrong direction you end up in the loading screen and have to queue again.

Elos on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow, i didnt even know there was an exit instance portal!

Cryogen on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elos wrote: »
    Goddamnit I've accidentaly quit Nordenwatch so many times I've lost count, you only have to touch the damn instance portal and it ports you out of the scenario without asking confirmation. You always spawn right next to it and if you turn to the wrong direction you end up in the loading screen and have to queue again.

See, when I touch that stupid thing it just ports me back to the spawn point. I can never leave scenarios until they're over.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's always asked me for confirmation.

The one time I said yeah i want to leave, it ported me to the center of the scenario, where I proceeded to die.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Squig armor is the best armor.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah I tried to leave a stonetroll once and it ported me right to where the flag was

I could never manage to repeat it though

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    ElosElos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Could you guys go try it at order side of Nordenwatch, I wanna know if it's just me or can somebody else reproduce this.

Elos on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Could you guys go try it at order side of Nordenwatch, I wanna know if it's just me or can somebody else reproduce this.

Tried it repeatedly on my WP before they implemented cross-pairing queuing. Always just reset me back to the spawn point.

Last Son on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wish they fixed the issue of the hat and cloak appearing whenever you zone even if they're turned off.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Do any of you dudes know why Don' Feel Nothin' (the shamans shield spell thing) can only be used on the six people within your own group (and not even other people within your warband or scenario?)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Do any of you dudes know why Don' Feel Nothin' (the shamans shield spell thing) can only be used on the six people within your own group (and not even other people within your warband or scenario?)

RP shield is the same way.

e: I think I remember it being that way anyway. Maybe it was just the RP runes.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    god dammit I want to know why sometimes the range on my fire cage just fucks up and doesn't root the person.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Awesome, got more Scenario's than normal tonight (at midnight or after, this was greater still), but they stopped when i needed one more to both ding my xp level and my Renown Rank! D:

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »

You sure? I know the zealot shield, while somewhat weaker than the shaman shield, can be cast on anyone in your scenario/warband.

Ecko on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Not to add to the patch notes grumblings, but has any other CE owners previewed their CE special heads, hit cancel, and still had the new head change (the head returns to inventory)? I had it happen to one alt, but logging out fixed it. It's happened now to a second alt and still there, logging out hasn't fixed it, and the CE head item is now removed from my inventory.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ecko wrote: »

You sure? I know the zealot shield, while somewhat weaker than the shaman shield, can be cast on anyone in your scenario/warband.

Don' Feel Nothin's tool tip specifically states that it can only be cast on party members. So I'm pretty sure it's working as intended. Were you asking why does it do this or why did Mythic make it this way? Don't think anyone can really answer that...

It is rather annoying though when I'm trying to use it on someone about to die and just see "This can only be cast on members of your party" flash across my screen as they are disemboweled.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just today finally mailed off my computer back to the manufacturer to be RMAed. Meanwhile Ginko sits at rank 9 waiting to ding and get his first big heal.

How sad should I be?

Quid on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Your situation (and low rank) is sad and you should feel sad.

Well, back to WAR :winky:
    I'm so sorry

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Order was sucking terribly tonight and holy balls, my lag has gotten worse than when I started playing, and that's after turning my graphics options way down.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ack, so I can't level up alts now.

Tier 1 is currently unplayable for order on averheim. On the plus side, we win most tier 3, so my main is fine. I'm worried about what will happen when all those tards hit t4 though.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    * Fixed an issue that was allowing players to use the "Pounce" ability without an enemy target. The ability now requires an enemy target to jump towards.

YES. God yes. <3 Mythic

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    meatflower wrote: »

Don' Feel Nothin's tool tip specifically states that it can only be cast on party members. So I'm pretty sure it's working as intended. Were you asking why does it do this or why did Mythic make it this way? Don't think anyone can really answer that...

It is rather annoying though when I'm trying to use it on someone about to die and just see "This can only be cast on members of your party" flash across my screen as they are disemboweled.

It might be working as intended, but it's still really retarded and pointless as far as I can tell, especially in Scenarios where I have no say who is in my group.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've found the game to be remarkably stable post beta personally. I haven't had a single crash and have been doing scenarios constantly, as well as traveling to the IC and back regularly. I've watched group members crash coming out of the same scenario, so it really seems to be hardware and driver compatibility issues. Good to know they're fixing it though. This game is gonna be so great(er?) when they can really put some attention to polishing the code.

On a personal note, zealots healing in pvp? Awesomesauce Von Bomdigidy the third.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Aegis wrote: »

YES. God yes. <3 Mythic

Hurray, now Destruction ALWAYS gets the bauble first in Tor Anroc!

Working as intended!

Fuckin... I won't disagree Pounce should've been fixed. But COME ON, fix the damn map too. Destro ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS gets to the bauble 4-5 seconds before Order does if they have a Marauder with half a brain. Even SOONER if that marauder has his own standard.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    meatflower wrote: »

It might be working as intended, but it's still really retarded and pointless as far as I can tell, especially in Scenarios where I have no say who is in my group.

All buffs work that way too. Yeah it would be nice if they changed it so pretty much everything could be cast on your WB though. Or at least maybe in scenarios, where again you have no control over teams (aside from premade groups) and you know, you're kind of all supposed to be working together and all that jazz.

Nocturne on
This discussion has been closed.