As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicits for April 2007

13»

• Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Full solicits are up on Newsarama: http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Aprl07/solicitations.html.

It looks like my decision to start ASM is going to be a good one, though I'm wondering how the other two Spidey books are gonna handle what's going on in ASM. Also, I'm concerned about Heroes for Hire changing creative teams. I didn't really care for the penciller for CW Young Avengers and Runaways. And Nova #1...

God, Marvel, just take all my moneys now. :D

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Newsarama wrote:
    CABLE & DEADPOOL #39
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by REILLY BROWN
    Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    In his never-ending battle against Truth, Justice and the American Way, Deadpool decides to foil -- yes, we did say foil -- the escalating mercenary cred being gained by his sort-of doppleganger -- yes, we did say doppleganger -- AGENT X!
    But... what will DP do if, in the course of his making a big mess of Agent X's assignment, he finds out that Agent X is working on the side of the good guys?
    Meanwhile, some very big subplot stuff with Cable that we're not telling you yet! Part 3 of 4.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Fuck yes

Nondoc on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Charmy wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    Oeming says Omega Flight has the possibility of being an ongoing if sales of the mini are good.

So, no? Considering the checkered history of sales for the series, I'm not liking the chances of it getting made an ongoing.

I really hope it addresses the controversy that would inevitably surround having an American agent (with a flag on his chest, no less) on a Canadian superhero team. It's not that we don't like you guys, it's just that a large part of the national identity comes from defining the ways in which we are not American, and there would be a lot of resentment around having someone on the team who answers to the American government.

But, I'm guessing that won't be covered. As a Canadian I am legally obligated to check this out, but the team line-up doesn't really interest me. I hope it pans out well, though.

Oeming seems like a pretty good guy, he's hung out a bit at an Alpha Flight fan site, and asked questions about Canada to try to be informed about the country, what makes us different from the US, why we're important to the US, etc, so I think that there will probably be some addressing of US Agent's jingoistic ways.

Oh, and I noticed on that cover that Talisman seems to have Shaman's medicine pouch. That could be interesting, since you can pull just about anything out of that sucker.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nondoc wrote:
    Newsarama wrote:
    CABLE & DEADPOOL #39
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by REILLY BROWN
    Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
    In his never-ending battle against Truth, Justice and the American Way, Deadpool decides to foil -- yes, we did say foil -- the escalating mercenary cred being gained by his sort-of doppleganger -- yes, we did say doppleganger -- AGENT X!
    But... what will DP do if, in the course of his making a big mess of Agent X's assignment, he finds out that Agent X is working on the side of the good guys?
    Meanwhile, some very big subplot stuff with Cable that we're not telling you yet! Part 3 of 4.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Fuck yes

That's a really cool cover as well.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2007
    I like your sig

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ultimate fantastic four really is awesome.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thanks!
    It is a fun read, I just finished the first 5 volumes.
    The shuttle reveal was a great moment.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MARADVAV012.jpg

D:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Is that ant-man with boobs?

Dayspring on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is planet Earth in for a sexual healing?
    Dayspring wrote:
    Is that ant-man with boobs?

It's Giant-Girl, who is Janet Van Dyne in this series. I'd have preferred Cassie Lang, but whatever.

Gonna check to see if my store has the first digest tomorrow.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ahhh, I didn't know Ant-man had a female equivalent.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's a non-616 continuity book.

Scooter on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    THE DARKEST chapter in Spider-Man history?

Darker than the time he went around almost killing people and calling himself the Spider?

Darker than Kraven blowing his own brains out?

Because I don't want none of that at this point, Marvel.

Furu on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MARADVAV012.jpg

zeldam4.JPG

:?:

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It's Ego the Loving... er Living Planet.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ego's got a hot core of love and Mother Earth looks like she's going to be in for a long night.

Bow Chicka wa wa and so forth.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Furu wrote:

Darker than the time he went around almost killing people and calling himself the Spider?

All signs are pointing to [spoiler:d2ec1ccf21]MJ/Aunt May/both biting the dust, as well as his man-crush, Captain America.(read the solicit for the Fallen Son: Wolverine book)[/spoiler:d2ec1ccf21]
    Maybe they mean it's the darkest moment for Peter, personally. I doubt he gave two shits about Kraven when he's constantly running around trying to kill him.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I know, what I'm saying is I don't pick up Spider-Man comics to go "let's see what horrible fucking thing they're doing to Peter this month". I read them to watch him wisecrack and beat up the Rhino.

Furu on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh Ant-Man you wag, playing Peeking Tom with Carol Danvers may have been taking things a bit far.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Wildcat wrote:
    Oh Ant-Man you wag, playing Peeking Tom with Carol Danvers may have been taking things a bit far.

It's totally worth whatever bodily harm he receives, amirite? :winky:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You, sir, are right.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Furu wrote:

As far as Spider-Man goes you can't get much darker then Kraven's Last Hunt

Algertman on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Since I can't think of a better place to put this, some various Omega Flight information.

AlphaFlight.net interview with Andy Schmidt, Omega Flight Editor Various high quality, larger version of the coloured Omega pages, first cover, and a shot of the potential title included, as well as character designs for BRB, Arachne, USAgent and Talisman.

Fight For the Flight
    Fan based effort to support Omega Flight and encourage Marvel to make in an ongoing title. I doubt these kind of things have much influence, but there you go.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There is an 8 page preview of the Army of Darkness VS. Marvel Zombies thread up at Newsarama

Looks pretty snazzy so far :D

http://www.newsarama.com/dynamitenew/Mvl_AoD/01/MZAoD_Pre.html

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    manaleak34 wrote:
    MARADVAV012.jpg

zeldam4.JPG

:?:

That's EXACTLY what sprang up in my mind. That and "WHAT THE SHIT?!"

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Awwww Ego's got a crush on Giant Girl <3

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think I'm going to start buying up back issues of the Marvel Age Avengers and Spider-Man books. The solicits always make them look awesome, but I always just sort of skim over them.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I've read about half of the first Marvel Adventures Spider-Man hardcover, and it's definitely a worthwhile read. I'd say they feel like the old school, early Spidey adventures, but with a more modern manner of speech and modern references.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    I've read about half of the first Marvel Adventures Spider-Man hardcover, and it's definitely a worthwhile read. I'd say they feel like the old school, early Spidey adventures, but with a more modern manner of speech and modern references.

plus it's nice to read a Spidey book that's not "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG, NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME LOLLERZ!!!11"

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, it's definitely much more fun and lacking the Parker guilt-complex. I love Spidey and all, but having to see him carry the world's burdens on his shoulders all the time while fighting villains and still trying to maintain his normal life can get to be a bit much. This is probably why I haven't subscribed to a 616 Spidey book and, instead, read books where he makes appearances or is a member of a team. I get quite enough of the Spidey angst from Ultimate Spider-Man.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Corvus wrote:
    Since I can't think of a better place to put this, some various Omega Flight information.

AlphaFlight.net interview with Andy Schmidt, Omega Flight Editor Various high quality, larger version of the coloured Omega pages, first cover, and a shot of the potential title included, as well as character designs for BRB, Arachne, USAgent and Talisman.

I'm digging the costume redesigns for Arachne and the Wrecking Crew.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't really like the art.

And second-tier analogues of more famous characters just reminds me of, say, Force Works.

robosagogo on