Options

The American Presidency: Obama does not believe in prevent defense

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    kildy wrote: »
    Jesus, while powerful, I don't think I ever want to see that on TV, ever.

I do. It makes a very valid point and some people are too dense to understand it without an emotional appeal.
    That's one thing that I think the liberal side of the issue is really only just coming to understand. It doesn't matter if you've got the right position on paper if you can't connect emotionally. Obama's doing it at a national level and the results speak for themselves.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93RMLAO0&show_article=1&catnum=0
    HOLLAND, Ohio (AP) - Joe the Plumber said Thursday he doesn't have a license and doesn't need one. Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as Joe the Plumber, the nickname Republican John McCain bestowed on him during Wednesday's presidential debate, said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work. Because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license, he said.
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/237630.php
    It turns out Joe the "Plumber" is like the perfect McCain supporter. He says Social Security is a joke and he "hates" it.
    Methinks McCain should have found a different plumber.

He doesn't need a license? Is that just for Ohio? Unless you're an apprentice, then you have to have a license in Oregon for plumbing.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    geckahn wrote: »
    Powerful:

Played on DC area cable channels post debate apparently.

Digg it

Extremely.
    There's one with the mother as well, with a slightly different transcript (obviously).

The daughter is more powerful, emotionally.

As a side note, I honestly hope she's an actor.

After that commercial, she got up and yelled "ACTING!!!"

Locust76 on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For some reason fox news is on at work and they keep on bringing up this acorn thing in Ohio. Is there any word on unbiased news sites about the challenge to 200,000 voters actually going thru?

If so oh the irony?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I agree with that the Mother's isn't as powerful, but it does reinforce how condescending Sarah Palin's views make the government look.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I agree with that the Mother's isn't as powerful, but it does reinforce how condescending Sarah Palin's views make the government look.
    It's a nice companion piece that invokes the girl's ad while adding some new elements. On it's own, though, it's not nearly as strong.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    anable wrote: »
    kildy wrote: »
    Jesus, while powerful, I don't think I ever want to see that on TV, ever.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't throw the whole rape kit thing in there for good measure.

It needs no changes.

I wouldn't mind "Fuck you Governor Palin" at the end.
    But we have to be polite while discussing forcing a rape victim to carry a child to term.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    agoaj wrote: »
    What was up with Obama saying 100% of McCain's ads were negative?
    There was a week recently where they actually were. No word on what's been going on since.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So apparently, for McCain, the DMCA is getting its revenge. He's complaining about Youtube pulling ads where he used Fox/CBS news clips and trying to get an exception to their policy for political campaigns.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tomanta wrote: »
    So apparently, for McCain, the DMCA is getting its revenge. He's complaining about Youtube pulling ads where he used Fox/CBS news clips and trying to get an exception to their policy for political campaigns.

And Google has told him where to go shove it.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The media is amazingly retarded, but so are kos diarists today.

Note to liberals: talking about a stupid plumber from Ohio is not talking about the economy which is a win for McCain. Christ.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tomanta wrote: »

And The Google has told him where to go shove it.

Fixed.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    So I guess McCain has to capture Bin Laden in the next 2 weeks if he wants a shot at this.

I think to be on the safe side, McCain would have to also go back in time to 1938 and kill Hitler.

I'd say he should go back to 1865 and prevent Lincoln from being shot, but that might alienate too many of the folks that show up for Palin rallies.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe McCain could win if it's revealed that Obama had a white baby.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, so far, he's had about a half of a white baby.

'cause his daughters would be a quarter-white.

I feel dirty....

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The media is amazingly retarded, but so are kos diarists today.

Note to liberals: talking about a stupid plumber from Ohio is not talking about the economy which is a win for McCain. Christ.
    Be fair. Kos diarists are retarded most days.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »
    Maybe McCain could win if it's revealed that Obama screams like a terrorist while he's sleeping.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I had to miss the debate last night but I caught snippets of it on the radio today while running out to get lunch at work. Caught the Joe the Plumber segment among other things but from the tone of McCain's voice it sounded like he was about two steps away from just falling out in the floor and literally throwing a tantrum screaming "But I wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnaaaaa be President!!!!"

For you people that got to watch the whole thing, did he sound so snide the entire time?

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Cervetus wrote: »
    Maybe McCain could win if it's revealed that Obama screams like a terrorist while he's sleeping.

I don't know, because it's already pretty obvious that he's a terrorist and yet the blame-America-first crowd is still voting for him.
    For you people that got to watch the whole thing, did he sound so snide the entire time?

Sound and look; he had a cocky sneer on his face most of the debate.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I had to miss the debate last night but I caught snippets of it on the radio today while running out to get lunch at work. Caught the Joe the Plumber segment among other things but from the tone of McCain's voice it sounded like he was about two steps away from just falling out in the floor and literally throwing a tantrum screaming "But I wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnaaaaa be President!!!!"

The biggest question I had halfway through was whether he was coming off as an asshole because I didn't like him and others would think he was 'strong' or just because he was acting like an asshole. It was the latter.
    We need a Montage!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lawndart wrote: »
    So I guess McCain has to capture Bin Laden in the next 2 weeks if he wants a shot at this.

I think to be on the safe side, McCain would have to also go back in time to 1938 and kill Hitler.

I'd say he should go back to 1865 and prevent Lincoln from being shot, but that might alienate too many of the folks that show up for Palin rallies.

I had a McCainobot on facebook say in clear terms that Abraham lincoln was a terrible president and the civil war was a clusterfuck (mostly because lincoln lacked "Executive experience")

Now whenever he spews his lies and deceptions i always comment below him "For disclosure purposes, this man wishes he could still own slaves".

also, i changed my name on facebook to B-Rock.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jokerman wrote: »

I had a McCainobot on facebook say in clear terms that Abraham lincoln was a terrible president and the civil war was a clusterfuck (mostly because lincoln lacked "Executive experience")

Now whenever he spews his lies and deceptions i always comment below him "For disclosure purposes, this man wishes he could still own slaves".

So from his statement: Palin > Lincoln?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Son of a bitch.

I get so sick of McCain rolling his eyes like that. With as old as that fucker is you'd think he'd have learned how to act like an adult by now. At the very least while on national television during a debate.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Son of a bitch.

I get so sick of McCain rolling his eyes like that. With as old as that fucker is you'd think he'd have learned how to act like an adult by now. At the very least while on national television during a debate.

In a few weeks we will all have the satisfaction of watching his smug face concede defeat.

Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

At least Palin hasn't turned her back on General McCellan, unlike that bastard troop-hatin' Lincoln!

Lawndart on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

George W. Bush > Lincoln too.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seriously, this Joe the Plumber crap has to stop. CNN is making mention of him every 10 minutes or so... it's ridiculous.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Powerful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IS0PJdE0Cs

Digg it
    Whether or not it is a person has nothing to do with you being raped GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

I'm sorry for her, and if you want to put more funding in programs for rape victims, go ahead. But things like that frame the debate in dishonest terms.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Son of a bitch.

For 5 1/2 years he couldn't roll his eyes, give the guy a break.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nartwak wrote: »

George W. Bush > Lincoln too.

My... aunt actually thinks W is the best president ever. So yeah.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    More funding to force rape victims to keep their attacker's children?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn, that is kind of an intense commercial

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    SyphonBrueSyphonBrue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »
    Powerful:

Digg it
    Whether or not it is a person has nothing to do with you being raped GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

I'm sorry for her, and if you want to put more funding in programs for rape victims, go ahead. But things like that frame the debate in dishonest terms.

wtf

SyphonBrue on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Oh god yes. He said Palin was more qualified then anyone else running at this point.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zing! No, I meant for counseling and whatnot.

In his defense, Lincoln was kind of a dick.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

But he could take a shot like a champ.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Yeah, but he did perserve the union and free an entire race of people.

I think we can let the other stuff slide.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Not everyone sees the abortion issue as a simple debate between whether or not a fetus is a person, and suggesting that everyone needs to see it as you do is really framing things dishonestly.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

A super majority of people the abortion issue as a simple debate between whether or not a fetus is a person.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    SyphonBrue wrote: »
    Powerful:

Digg it

wtf

I'm pretty sure the issue is whether or not she's a person.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
This discussion has been closed.