As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two worlds personal project

ShwagShwag Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey everyone, Kinda new here... Been lurking for years, finally think im getting good enough at developing my own style to actually start posting here! How ever i do not have alot of artistic friends and usually don't get much critique other than "Thats sweet man" or "Thats Freakin awesome". So now im working on this picture as a personal project.

This one is the first version of the project.. really wasnt feeling is, angles were messed up, and i drew it during a class.

n502476801_1461092_5011.jpg

I did yet another version of it, never finished it because i once again just was not feeling it. So this next picture is the third version of it, the latest scan i have of it.

n502476801_1516929_623.jpg

So i hope you guys kinda see what im getting at, any critique would be great! Tell me how bad i am:lol:

Shwag on

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They look interesting but at this point it doesn't seem like more than a doodle. Seems hard to critique. Your scan could use some cleaning up also. You could try scanning in black and white instead of grayscale or color. Maybe try developing it more.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ah, I didn't realize the second one was a work in progress. Looks good.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Okay, so i finally got to a scanner, heres the latest version..
    It does kinda feel like a doodle now, so either im going to redraw it on some poster paper or photo shop this one, after i finish it.

n502476801_1576886_5684.jpg

Shwag on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Boy, I tell ya just the cropping helps a whole bunch. Crop the left side a bit more and you'll be on the right track. Looks tons better!

NibCrom on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love the skull.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    misosoupmisosoup Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    is that a vagina, a blimp and a half eaten croissant in the top right hand corner?

spiffy

on a serious note, the cropping is a good idea, and it would be nice to see some experimental values put on this

misosoup on
    APTBSsig.jpg
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey yeah, it does look like a vagina.

Also Miso, is your avatar and sig ripped from the Eraser cover? If so, awsome, best album cover ever.*

*Best album cover according to personal preference, may not actually be the best album cover ever.

Mustang on
  • Options
    misosoupmisosoup Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    glad you agree,

and yes, I also agree with you

and your disclaimer

misosoup on
    APTBSsig.jpg
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    well done AC! we'll find a penis or vagina in anything! ;)

r-jasper on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    long night, gate night and community centers do not go good together.......

i got some more done today, for the longest time i had no idea where this vagina was... untill i looked at the picture for a good 5 minutes.... then it hit me! haha, gonna have to see what i can do with that in photoshop tomorrow or something.
    n502476801_1582293_577.jpg

and ill give it a little flipp

n502476801_1582292_294.jpg

Shwag on
  • Options
    vrempirevrempire Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Boyyy, if it can be draw on the wall as a grafitti, I might stop by and adore the uniqueness
    of the idea. Unfortunately, grafiitti cannot be flip-flop.

Good try Shwag :)

vrempire on
    vrembanner.gif
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Interesting. As a finished work, it's really messy. I don't know how serious you are about other art, but it could use a lot of work if you wanted to take it further. Of course, doing it digitally would probably help with the messy marker quality. I have found few people who can master clean work with any sort of ink.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS