edited November 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Kiss on the mouth :x

Don't you ever go changing.

I'd give you a discount though
    monsterror wrote: »
    Work left a message.

It was the coworker I can't stand, the one with one leg. He said he had "an idea" and proceeded with "Why don't you call me back so we can talk it over."

Sneaking suspicion he's trying to get me to cover for him.

I live thirty minutes away and have to do things.

He lives in the apartments behind the store and wants to get high.

At least he'll presumably get high at his place

I found half of a blunt in the men's room once
    goddamn wasteful

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    monsterror wrote: »
    Work left a message.

It was the coworker I can't stand, the one with one leg. He said he had "an idea" and proceeded with "Why don't you call me back so we can talk it over."

Sneaking suspicion he's trying to get me to cover for him.

I live thirty minutes away and have to do things.

He lives in the apartments behind the store and wants to get high.

At least he'll presumably get high at his place

I found half of a blunt in the men's room once

We're allowed to go on breaks almost any time we want just to get high. The bosses do it as well, so they don't care.

He could be high at work and it would be just the same.

monsterror on
  • Options
    candanaviancandanavian Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    ITT those of us who are willing and eager to work but can't find any tell you to go fuck yourself with a cactus.

This.

I wonder if my grandparents will have pity on me when they see a second depression hit.

Or will they just be like, "you get to stand your ass in bread line like everyone else did"

candanavian on
    firamedferris5.jpgfavicon.ico favicon.ico favicon.ico
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    He keeps waltzing by my desk and shrieking "My personal masseur!"

The things I do for money

What won't you do for money?

Kiss on the mouth :x

6a00d83451b8c369e201053613aee3970b-.jpg

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Winston ChurchillWinston Churchill __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    It is remarkably difficult to GIS a picture of a funny breadline. What happened way back then that could have been this depressing?

Winston Churchill on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I write all of my articles for the newspaper in a day. Sometimes I take two days. The rest of the time I sit around and work on my own writing or maek poast.

I would say I do actual work for maybe 10-15 hours a week.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    AHCRAZYBITCH

someone hit her.

Meiz on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I admit there is a some amount of time at work I end up sitting around twiddling my thumbs, but there are the other times when there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. It all balances out.

Usagi on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sometimes I will have a staging rehearsal for a show that I'm in that will run for upwards of 10 hours. It's incredibly tedious at times because they will be trying to figure out how to get every person on stage to paint a picture and that involves a lot of standing there doing nothing. And they need you to be quiet so they can have people hear where they need to be.

One time we spent three hours working on the entrance to this one scene. The actual time it takes to do the entrance in the show is under a minute, so that should explain how how drawn out it can be

And on one night half the guys didn't hear the call for the entrance so they didn't get to the stage in time and had to all just wander in whenever they got there. Time well spent

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    ApathyKillsApathyKills __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    The job i have now is the first job I've ever had where I actually have to work the whole time I'm there, but it's also the first job i've ever had where my sole responsibility is not dealing with customers so it's a trade off.

The ridiculous thing about it is the slower you work the more you're going to get paid. When you finish your set you're done for the night or they assign you to help someone else with theirs. So the longer you take the more hours you get. Everyone bitches at this one guy for being the "slowpoke" of the group, but guess who gets the biggest paycheck at the end of the pay period?

ApathyKills on
    deleted courtesy orikae
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have a weird relationship with my work.

Right out of college, I worked absolutely fucking ridiculous hours, sometimes approaching 70 or 80 in a particularly bad week. I didn't have to do that, rather I chose to do that. As a result, over the 8 years after graduation, I accrued many tens of thousands of dollars in bonuses and secured 12 promotions (including a departmental transfer).

Now, I am a high-level manager making a stunning income overseeing a collection of other project and departmental managers. My typical week consists of 5-10 hours of actual work, and 30-35 hours of trading stocks, posting around the web, reading books/newspapers. I get here anywhere between 8-9 AM and leave no later than 5, sometimes earlier. I take a 60-90 minute lunch everyday. It's fabulous!

Had I not almost dug myself an early grave in my 20's getting here, I might feel bad. But I don't. I feel like, this is exactly what I worked so goddamned hard for, and I sure as shit plan to enjoy it now that I'm here.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    See, where I am there is absolutely no advantage to working any harder for my newspaper. There is, however, an advantage to covering regional events for other newspapers. So, yeah, I'll work weekends if it means I'm going to get my work published all around the state or through the Associated Press. But, I'm not going to bust my ass for this paper because there is absolutely no chance for advancement short of buying the press. My only avenue for advancement is going to be to another paper, so I'm concentrating on getting my work (mostly photo work over writing, which is funny considering I certainly did not go to school for photography) out there to be noticed so I can make the transition up the food chain with enough credit to land somewhere decent.

But, from 9-5 on most days I'm just spending my time killing time.

Uncle Long on