Options

[WoW] Raid Thread - Naxxramas? Didn't we do this 2 years ago?

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It could be both.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Easiest boss in Naxx? Gothik. What a complete joke of a boss.

If it's 10 man, I'd say Grand Window Faerlina is easier.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What actually happens if you don't put any people on the undead side?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    What actually happens if you don't put any people on the undead side?

I now want to find out.

End on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, either the mobs come running through the gate, or they mill around on the other side.

Either way they'd be easier to deal with than the way it is now.

And with high enough DPS on Gothik when he ports down, I think you could kill him before the gates open and the flood of mobs overwhelms you.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, either the mobs come running through the gate, or they mill around on the other side.

And with high enough DPS on Gothik when he ports down, I think you could kill him before the gates open and the flood of mobs overwhelms you.

Pretty sure gates open at 30% HP, not timed and for good reason.

Easiest boss on 10 man is Instructor Razuvious, IMO. Though 4 horsemen are really really easy once you get the strat.

rfalias on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    rfalias wrote: »

Easiest boss on 10 man is Instructor Razuvious, IMO. Though 4 horsemen are really really easy once you get the strat.

Raz assumes you have people capable of DPSing and requires one decent moment of communication.

Gothik requires what roughly equates to two heroic 5man groups. And yeah, the gates seem open at 30%.

I figure if Gothik is left alone on a side he could evade and heal.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    rfalias wrote: »

Raz assumes you have people capable of DPSing and requires one decent moment of communication.

Gothik requires what roughly equates to two heroic 5man groups. And yeah, the gates seem open at 30%.

I figure if Gothik is left alone on a side he could evade and heal.

We usually do 4 - 6 Live -> Undead

Maybe it was our group but some people had problems with UD side, even when live was killing like snails. Like auto-attack slow. Though for me that still like a lot of damage, so I'd stand around a lot on live.

rfalias on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I tank the Undead side, along with an arms warrior who averages 3k DPS on boss fights, a shammie healer a ret pally and one other (whoever the odd man in the raid is, so 3rd healer or extra DPS).

We /sleep most of the time.

According to WoWhead the UD side used to be (maybe still is) resilient towards casters.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    I tank the Undead side, along with an arms warrior who averages 3k DPS on boss fights, a shammie healer a ret pally and one other (whoever the odd man in the raid is, so 3rd healer or extra DPS).

We /sleep most of the time.

According to WoWhead the UD side used to be (maybe still is) resilient towards casters.

Yeah, prolly why we did 4-6, should move more melee there.
    But what ever gets it done is all that matters for me.

I got really turned off of arms after that 9% on hit ass whooping they got. Didn't like the style of play it brought so I went to fury. Never looked back.

rfalias on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We changed how the game handles debuffs (ie negative state effects on targets) on creatures with Wrath of the Lich King. The old hard cap of 40 debuffs on a target no longer effectively exists. You can now apply way more debuffs to a target without them dropping off before their duration expires. The default WoW UI will not normally display all these debuffs, but they really are still there!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    so 25 man Razuvious
    am i doing something wrong?
    our RL had 2 priests, myself (shadow) and another disc do the MC dance
    the plan was we both MC an understudy, so 2 would be MC'd at all times
    i go in, boneshield, taunt and tank
    when my shield was going to wear off, i have a macro send a tell to other priest to shield up and taunt off me
    seemed like a plan

problems
    i see no timer for the CD on how long my shield stays UP, i have the CD for when i can cast it
    so i wasn't sure if that meant when my boneshield CD hits zero, does Bioneshield go away or do i have a couple of secs to reuse it?
    other problem was the other priest (disc) said his MC kept dying after 7-10 secs, can this be due to 0 hit?

it seems to me, that IF i have a couple of secs when the boneshield CD gets to 0 for me to recast, i can just tank this guy for my full MC channel, and when it comes to maybe 20 secs when MC will fade, to have the other priest MC another understudy at that time, and take over, giving me time to recast MC on my target.

is that how it's supposed to work, or am i just completely off base

i also figured i'm going to need a MC macro to target and understudy and MC him, as when MC breaks, i have Razuvious targetted still from attacking with the MC'd understudy and with so much going on, i had a tough time retargetting the understudy again.

also, the healers need to be healing my MC'd target, correct?
    i already said i would reglyph for extra mind control time, i got no problem with that
    i just wasn't fully prepared to be a MC tank in this fight

the fight was just a clusterfuck last night, as i had a tough time getting my bearings after casting the mc, getting BS up, taunting and then thinking, ok, have other priest taunt when my shield is up . . . oh god when is my shield up, oh god his MC broke, oh god keep recast your shield and taunt, oh crap i'm dead

thanks guys

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Starfuck wrote: »
    so 25 man Razuvious
    am i doing something wrong?
    our RL had 2 priests, myself (shadow) and another disc do the MC dance
    the plan was we both MC an understudy, so 2 would be MC'd at all times
    i go in, boneshield, taunt and tank
    when my shield was going to wear off, i have a macro send a tell to other priest to shield up and taunt off me
    seemed like a plan

problems
    i see no timer for the CD on how long my shield stays UP, i have the CD for when i can cast it
    so i wasn't sure if that meant when my boneshield CD hits zero, does Bioneshield go away or do i have a couple of secs to reuse it?
    other problem was the other priest (disc) said his MC kept dying after 7-10 secs, can this be due to 0 hit?

it seems to me, that IF i have a couple of secs when the boneshield CD gets to 0 for me to recast, i can just tank this guy for my full MC channel, and when it comes to maybe 20 secs when MC will fade, to have the other priest MC another understudy at that time, and take over, giving me time to recast MC on my target.

is that how it's supposed to work, or am i just completely off base

i also figured i'm going to need a MC macro to target and understudy and MC him, as when MC breaks, i have Razuvious targetted still from attacking with the MC'd understudy and with so much going on, i had a tough time retargetting the understudy again.

also, the healers need to be healing my MC'd target, correct?
    i already said i would reglyph for extra mind control time, i got no problem with that
    i just wasn't fully prepared to be a MC tank in this fight

the fight was just a clusterfuck last night, as i had a tough time getting my bearings after casting the mc, getting BS up, taunting and then thinking, ok, have other priest taunt when my shield is up . . . oh god when is my shield up, oh god his MC broke, oh god keep recast your shield and taunt, oh crap i'm dead

thanks guys

You really have to communicate cooldown timing with your fellow priest. Taunt, Boneshield. Boneshield is running out, have the other person taunt, boneshield.

Boneshield lasts for 20 seconds, CD on 30. So you cast boneshield, 20s goes by, other player taunts, boneshields. by the time his 20 has gone up, your boneshield has been ready for 10s. Rinse and repeat.

They do need to be healed. The other nuances will just have to be perfected as you get attempts in. I'd also re-MC every time your tank turn is over. Put on hit gear, a resist would be not so good. (speculation, assuming they can resist it at all)

rfalias on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »
    It scared me when they kept calling it a dance. The only type of dancing I can do is slash dance.

I think it's a "dance" in the way that people consider the Electric Slide to be a dance.

exis wrote: »
    I got
    That no good kiss-up is probably practicing ballet in his chambers.
    which made me all excited because I figured that Noth was implying Heigan was a closet homosexual.

I didn't realise Noth just hates him.

I'm sticking with the closet homosexual explanation. I mean, the rest of the quotes imply that Noth is bitter because Heigan broke off their sordid affair.

riz on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Riz's analysis is the best analysis.

I can totally see Noth and Heigan being exes.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    thanks rfalias
    that helps
    just knowing the duration of bineshield will make things much easier
    also
    i found this on mind control
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11871678
    hope that link works as i grabbed it off google cache since i can't go to wow forums at work

anyway
    the link is old, but i'm sure the mechanics haven't changed much or they would have stood out in patch notes
    you need +hit on MC, not only because initial cast might be resisted, but there is a periodic check (tic) of the channeled MC spell, so there is a chance at any time during those checks that the spell canbe resisted and MC can break. no wonder our 0+hit disc priest kept losing MC.

now i really want to own this encounter and redeem myself
    MC is one of those Priest spells I have rarely used outside of some PvP and never enough to research it's mechanics. sort of like Mind Soothe, which outside of getting around some Dire Maul guards back in the day, I never, ever use.

i am so pumped to rock this boss now

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    thanks rfalias
    that helps
    just knowing the duration of bineshield will make things much easier
    also
    i found this on mind control
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11871678
    hope that link works as i grabbed it off google cache since i can't go to wow forums at work

anyway
    the link is old, but i'm sure the mechanics haven't changed much or they would have stood out in patch notes
    you need +hit on MC, not only because initial cast might be resisted, but there is a periodic check (tic) of the channeled MC spell, so there is a chance at any time during those checks that the spell canbe resisted and MC can break. no wonder our 0+hit disc priest kept losing MC.

now i really want to own this encounter and redeem myself
    MC is one of those Priest spells I have rarely used outside of some PvP and never enough to research it's mechanics. sort of like Mind Soothe, which outside of getting around some Dire Maul guards back in the day, I never, ever use.

i am so pumped to rock this boss now

Yeah, once you get the rotation down its fine. Just tell your disc priest to bring some hit gear for the fight, and a hit elixir (you do have an alchemist, right?![I'm an alchemist, alchemist's are awesome])

I had to ask about the priest thing cause I don't play casters, but I assumed it needed hit like everything else. Its a fun boss once you get the mechanics down, and the coordination can be fun.
    It's a shame that disc priest has to do it, thats less healing. Bring another SPriest for that wing I say. :winky:

rfalias on
  • Options
    Harlequin69Harlequin69 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    For Razuvious we have the tanks pull just as 1 of our priest gets the mc off. He then Taunts Razuvious to tank him. The 2nd priest waits about 10 secs or so then MC's a understudy. Each tank is assigned 2 understudies to tank and pick up after MC goes down. The priest call out on vent when thier MC is about to go down. Then the appropriate tank picks it up and then the priest MCs the understudy that was being tanked the whole time. Risen and repeat until Raz is dead.

Also anyone else disappointed in the diffuculty of the raid content? In 2 nights we cleared every raid boss. It only took us a grand total of 6.5 hours. We even killed the dragon in Dragon Blight with a dragon up and next week we are going to try for 2 dragons up. We are one-shotting every boss and getting some of the achievements done. Can't wait for when we do the 4 horsemen one. (Kill all the horsemen within 15 seconds of each other)

Harlequin69 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    We took Sartharion with all drakes down juts to make sure, but seeing as how he was a total pushover we'll add drakes next time.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    We took Sartharion with all drakes down juts to make sure, but seeing as how he was a total pushover we'll add drakes next time.

Yeah, the trash can be harder than him lol...

We have not tried with the drakes up yet, but It seems like it would be challenging.

We will prolly try leaving up 1 at a time for more loot until we can manage all of them.

rfalias on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    He is a joke by himself yes but drakes add exponential difficulty.

riz on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My crew has been working on the hard version ("3 drakes"?) for a while now, but after enough glass chewing they usually do it on a slightly easier mode (2?).

Apparently the loot from the hardest form of the encounter is truly awesome, if just for the mount.

There's a mount, right?

God, I feel so out of the loop on this shit.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes it's a mount

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    If in doubt, the answer to "Does ___ give you a chance at a unique mount?" is probably "yes."

riz on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    A lot of things seem to do that in wotlk. Do you get a mount in these weird dailies in stormpeaks that have no rep attachment? Yes. A polar bear

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I do indeed like to Skadi every day.

riz on
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We are going to try sarth w/ three drakes up either tonight or sunday.

It really doesnt look that hard if you have 2 good tanks and a couple of DKs.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    so
    if you have 3 dragons up
    does that mean you have 3 portals?
    the eggs alone D:

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    so
    if you have 3 dragons up
    does that mean you have 3 portals?
    the eggs alone D:

They come down 1 at a time I believe, also at least according to wowwiki the difference in loot between 2 drakes up and 3 drakes is just the mount which seems kind of lame.

edit: Apparently the drake appearances are timed at 15, 50, and 85 seconds.

khain on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sartharion's damage isn't really anything that's troublesome and he has a soft enrage at 10%. Take all the dps off Sartharion and put them on the mini-dragons with a bloodlust on the first or second one. I'm sure it's more difficult than I make it sound though. I think the biggest thing is to make sure the fire elemental adds are dragged into the flame wall gaps so they don't get huge and scary.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd love to hear from someone that's done it (especially on the 10 man version). I'm going to see if I can convince the group to do it with 2 drakes tonight. What I'm wondering is, you would normally have a tank on the drake, and a tank+healer to go through the portal. But, if you're fighting them with Sarth, one of your tanks is on him. So do you have a DPS tank inside the portal, or do you have your Sarth tank pick up the drake?

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    The drakes only need to be alive when you engage Sartharion, right? Then you can kill them and have all of them dead before Sartharion dies and still get the achievement?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yup, still not as easy as it sounds : b

Junpei on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In the 25 man version I would think you would take a 3rd tank to pick the portals and fire adds. In the 10 man I would think a DK would be extremely helpful to off tank the portals and the fire adds in dps gear.

mastman: That's like saying M'uru is just killing some adds and then dpsing the boss.

khain on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    The drakes only need to be alive when you engage Sartharion, right? Then you can kill them and have all of them dead before Sartharion dies and still get the achievement?

Yeah but don't make the mistake of thinking you can have the drakes at 1% and pull Sartharion and kill them and $profit. I don't actually know what happens if you try that but I assume they just reset or something, or the achievement doesn't count, otherwise it'd be way too easy... The way it works is you engage him and he calls them in with scripted yells at certain percents.

We did one drake last night in two attempts, the first attempt we tried to have people take the portal and kill eggs, which was messy, so the second attempt we just blew bloodlust when the drake joined the fight, ignored the portal, and burned the drake down as fast as possible. The hard part isn't the drake but the adds, there's just a fuckton of them, but if you have tanks able to gather them up it's controllable.

One more drake seems do-able enough, but the 100% fire damage debuff one seems like it would make it a huge pain to heal through people standing in lava waves and getting hit by AOE from the elemental adds.

riz on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    We changed how the game handles debuffs (ie negative state effects on targets) on creatures with Wrath of the Lich King. The old hard cap of 40 debuffs on a target no longer effectively exists. You can now apply way more debuffs to a target without them dropping off before their duration expires. The default WoW UI will not normally display all these debuffs, but they really are still there!
    Ahh, I wondered what someone was talking about saying there's no debuff limit in another thread. Seems odd to mention this three weeks after release.

forty on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    forty wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Ahh, I wondered what someone was talking about saying there's no debuff limit in another thread. Seems odd to mention this three weeks after release.

Just saw it posted today and all of the previous information seemed to indicate that you couldn't go past it for network traffic reasons.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This is the first week we've been raiding as a guild, and we're doing two 10man naxx raids. And ugh, as much as we tried to keep an A Team and B Team from happening, it's been happening. It just...happened that one raid is doing far better than the other. :(
    My raid is the A Team :D
    :(

End on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    its all u imo

any raid ur in wins

its troof

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well on Patchwerk, I broke 3.6k dps, and the next dpser was ~2.4k....

End on
This discussion has been closed.