As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NXE, That new Xbox Dashboard Thing?

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    720p is more enforced by the console than by actual programming standards

even though Halo renders at 640 vertical resolution, it still gets scaled up to 720p and output as a 720p native signal

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Hey, wasn't someone in here going to transplant their own larger hard drive into the 360 case a week or so ago?

Did we ever find out how that went?

I think he got Livebanned, arrested, shipped to Gitmo, then hung drawn and quartered.

And they didn't even refund him the rest of his year subscription.

Well, I guess the refund would have been sort of silly after the hanging.

Uh...that was me. And I haven't been banned. But I'm sure all you fuckers can't wait. :lol:

But let's have this whole stupid debate all over again right? Because it never, NEVER, gets old.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Airan wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Toggle it on and off?

The only time it doesn't work for me is if my HDD is on another console.

I tried that, still no dice. It only stopped working... well I haven't played it in about 4 days, and the console is used by others, but I checked all their profiles and there doesn't seem to be any conflicting auto sign-in options.

Apparently the issue is not isolated, as I've read reports (but no solutions, sadly) on other forums, before NXE, too.

Argh, pisses me off when something that used to work now doesn't :x

So I'm not the only one then. I thought my net crapped out on me or something, but when I logged in, it worked. My profile is the only one on my console, and I've been using it everyday. This better get fixed soon.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm still having the problem. Toggling it on and off don't do anything. It will work if I turn the machine on again right away after being toggled on, but if it's off longer than about ten minutes, it forgets and I have to sign in again anyway.

There's only one profile on my machine as well. edit: Also, with the connection test, I'm getting four bars. So there's nothing wrong with my network, either.

I hope it's just a bug, and not a sign of something worse.

Norfair on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a question about the physical xbox hardware. I just got a really awesome headset to play games with and not bug people at night and it has an optical input specifically for Xbox. I'm hooked up via HDMI cable so how the fuck am I supposed to hook up my optical cord if the optical input is on the component cables themselves? I can't hook up the headset without the optical input, so am I expected to downgrade my cables just to use them? Why didn't MS think of a solution to this when they came out with the ELITES that are HDMI by default?!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Their 'solution' is to buy a special cable that allows it. Our solution is to rip off the component cable's housing so you can plug both in at the same time.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Their 'solution' is to buy a special cable that allows it. Our solution is to rip off the component cable's housing so you can plug both in at the same time.

Never mind, looked in my box, there was a dongle left over. Thanks Marshall for reminding me.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I have a question about the physical xbox hardware. I just got a really awesome headset to play games with and not bug people at night and it has an optical input specifically for Xbox. I'm hooked up via HDMI cable so how the fuck am I supposed to hook up my optical cord if the optical input is on the component cables themselves? I can't hook up the headset without the optical input, so am I expected to downgrade my cables just to use them? Why didn't MS think of a solution to this when they came out with the ELITES that are HDMI by default?!

This doesn't affect the normal headset right? Cause I haven't used mine yet but I have an HDMI cable as my connection.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I tried to create a Japanese account today to get the new Resident Evil demo but it didn't work and now I'm stuck with an extra account I'm never gonna use. Does anyone know where the option is to "delete" accounts? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Igort on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wow, Marketplace is incredibly slow. This is ridiculous.

Looks like I'll be using web Marketplace for everything.

EDIT: Which is also as slow as fuck! Yay!

Willeth on
  • Options
    h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I heard that you can now delete old demo's from your gamertag. How is that done?

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    In your games library list, when hovering over a game with 0G, X will delete the record of it. It also works for purchased games with 0G and I'm not sure if there are any issues with that, although I doubt it. I'm still not going to delete Mega Man's entry though :P

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    In your games library list, when hovering over a game with 0G, X will delete the record of it. It also works for purchased games with 0G and I'm not sure if there are any issues with that, although I doubt it. I'm still not going to delete Mega Man's entry though :P

And that works on oXbox games too?

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    h8b1llg8ts wrote: »

It worked for me.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

It worked for me.

And OG stands for?

The reason I ask is when I go to my Game Library I see these games but the X button doesn't show available to me.

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif

• Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

It worked for me.

And OG stands for?

The reason I ask is when I go to my Game Library I see these games but the X button doesn't show available to me.

Zero Gamerscore, presumably, but it's not working for me either...

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I deleted Pac-Man from mine, I only played it one day before I deleted it, it was one of those trial Arcade games.

But I too am keeping Mega Man, it will one day have some achievement points in it :(

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cowbomb wrote: »

It worked for me.

And OG stands for?

I discovered it on the first night. But I'm pretty sure I did it by pressing the Guide Button, switching to the Games blade, and then highlighting the offending title.

EDIT:
    Forgot to add you have to select Achievements to bring up the list, per PikaPuff.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Nobody else can see your OXbox game entries.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    No idea. Try it.

There's some weird bugs with OXB games showing up incorrectly in the dash. Mine keeps saying Psychonauts is in my last 5 played, but I haven't even put the disc in since early November.

Willeth on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's not games library. It's your achievement list of games.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Nobody else can see your OXbox game entries.

I don't know about anybody else, but I hated seeing the generic X logo and 0 points. I wanted to play San Andreas but within five minutes the sound was de-synced in cutscenes and I switched to my oXbox instead.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, those are just placeholder. The points aren't counted anywhere.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »

PikaPuff, I've been curious for a while; what is the picture in your sig from?

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Hey, wasn't someone in here going to transplant their own larger hard drive into the 360 case a week or so ago?

Did we ever find out how that went?

I think he got Livebanned, arrested, shipped to Gitmo, then hung drawn and quartered.

And they didn't even refund him the rest of his year subscription.

Well, I guess the refund would have been sort of silly after the hanging.

Uh...that was me. And I haven't been banned. But I'm sure all you fuckers can't wait. :lol:

But let's have this whole stupid debate all over again right? Because it never, NEVER, gets old.

I was just having a bit of fun. Come on now.

Renzo on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

PikaPuff, I've been curious for a while; what is the picture in your sig from?

street fighter 4

Dixon on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really like that they're adding new clothing items to the store; I spend way too much time rigging up my characters in games with customization like this (SSX, Tiger Woods, Rock Band), so I like having an excuse to go back in and swap out clothing that ultimately means nothing. The only downside is, like other people have said, the lack of color customization. I think the snowboard jacket is cool-looking, but now 20 percent of my friends list is wearing the same jacket.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmmm...see I just don't find the avatars that fun. Mine is created, and I haven't touched him since.

If they allowed the Superman Suit on the other hand.... :P

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i'm bored of avatars already. I'm glad I have one, and kinda like the friend's list, but I think i might change my gamerpicture back to a regular gamer picture.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm being the classiest fuck I can be for the longest time.

Willeth on
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like the idea of avatar items being unlocked through achievements... so where are they?

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Didn't bother with changing my gamerpicture to my avatar though.

edit: That's probably down the line a little, hamburger. It will be nice when it arrives!

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i'm bored of avatars already. I'm glad I have one, and kinda like the friend's list, but I think i might change my gamerpicture back to a regular gamer picture.

This is how I feel also, I'm just bored of them.

I still love my Miis though...especially my Zoidberg Mii. :P

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

This is how I feel also, I'm just bored of them.

I still love my Miis though...especially my Zoidberg Mii. :P

I played against a guy named Dr. Zoidberg on Halo, and I didn't mind at all when he killed me. :)

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Cowbomb wrote: »

It worked for me.

And OG stands for?

I discovered it on the first night. But I'm pretty sure I did it by pressing the Guide Button, switching to the Games blade, and then highlighting the offending title.

EDIT:
    Forgot to add you have to select Achievements to bring up the list, per PikaPuff.

Anyone else confirm this? Because I think I have tried this too to no avail. I went into memory and removed games. Went into GL and can't delete too.

Will try again when I get home but want to know that it has been done before I get my hopes up, again.

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif

• Options
    edited December 2008
    Sorry, Games Library was a misstep. It's the achievement listing in the games blade of the guide.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    With the typical X option?

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif

• Options
    edited December 2008
    ugh

guide > left > a > down*(however many times to get to a game with 0g (aka 0 gamescore aka no achievements aka a demo or a game you didn't get an achievement for) > x > up > a

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ugh

guide > left > a > down*(however many times to get to a game with 0g (aka 0 gamescore aka no achievements aka a demo or a game you didn't get an achievement for) > x > up > a

I know it sounds stupid but I really think I have tried this among every other option for a couple of days. Just want to make sure I'll do it right this time because this has been bugging me for years.

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif

• Options
    edited December 2008
    and before you ask, the x doesn't show up as an option on the bottom of the screen unless the game has a 0gs

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png