DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    CHAT

STOP

VALIDATING

MY FEELINGS OF WORTHLESSNESS AND HOPELESSNESS

what the fuck is wrong with you

Go volunteer to ring the salvation army bell somewhere? Someone once told me to do volunteer work when I was feeling all worthless and hopeless. It would probably help.

If you're going to use enough energy to walk yourself until you vomit you may as well help someone else in need right?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't think I've ever seen someone freak out so much about not getting free stuff.
    You know, hospitals won't turn you away if you show up on their doorstep covered in blood.

The mental health system will, and it'll also continue to turn you away for the next fifteen years while aftereffects of your injuries definitively create further injuries which can only snowball further.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    how the fuck can I volunteer anywhere when I am in a state like this

there's also the fact I have $8 and buses cost money

HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS NEXT

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't think I've ever seen someone freak out so much about not getting free stuff.
    You know, hospitals won't turn you away if you show up on their doorstep covered in blood.

The mental health system will, and it'll also continue to turn you away for the next fifteen years while aftereffects of your injuries definitively create further injuries which can only snowball further.

That's because our society has a clear understanding of "oh shits that person's guts are hanging out".

Mental health not so much.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That's because our society has a clear understanding of "oh shits that person's guts are hanging out".

Mental health not so much.
    I'd like to think the constant hospitalizations and mandating of medication and diagnoses and prognoses would be a pretty fucking clear indication of being unwell, but, yeah, you're right

society figured out somewhere they could cut costs and they're sure as fuck pushing the angle

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You eventually have to pay them for putting your guts back in. It isn't like they do it totally for free.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You eventually have to pay them for putting your guts back in. It isn't like they do it totally for free.
    But they still fucking put your fucking guts inside of you. No one will put my guts back inside of me. Without that guy's guts in him, they know that he would not be contributive anyway, so they put his guts back in; later, he has contributed, and pays them back, and then continues contributing.

No one will put my guts back inside of me. I cannot begin to contribute enough to buy new guts on my own merits. I am not contributing to anything else in the meanwhile. Still, no one considers this a sound investment, and so my guts do not go inside of me.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    HobosapienHobosapien Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm a little confused, does anybody have a second for a newbie?

I posted an inapplicable thread (sorry) and it was rightly closed. Then, I read the rules (like I should have initially) and reposted another thread. It was also closed. I reread the rules and couldn't see what was wrong, so I was wondering, is there a policy about new members posting threads? Or is there something wrong with my thread that I'm missing? Private sites are free to be as heavily censored as they choose, often it's necessary to maintain order necessary to make a site useable, so I'm not trying to whine here. I just want to understand the system. For instructive purposes, I'm reposting my closed thread here, just disregard it if you don't want to help me.

Title - Breaking News - Everything Sucks, Everyone Fired.
    "If you want to hear more about how we just lost half a million jobs in a month, follow onward.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/business/economy/06jobs.html?ref=us
    Apparently, it turns out that's actually quite a lot. That's more jobs than some people will have in a lifetime.

This forum is supposed to be about discussion, so let's discuss. Does Bush only care about the wealthy, is he deluded enough to think everyone is doing peachy, does he think he isn't responsible, or does he actually feel bad about what he's done to us? Tough to say, but since this is debate and discourse, I'm thinking it's a mix of 2 and 3. He doesn't seem like he has the depth for remorse, but he's not a cartoon villain trying to poison the poor, just a bad President. Thoughts?

Here's my opinion.

Gotta love those production values. I'll be happy to expound further, if anyone wants to vent, or even <gasp> have a reasoned discussion."

Hobosapien on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dammit Obo.

Wait, didn't you turn down food stamps a few weeks back? Can you un-turn that? That would help in the short run.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    We live in a society that fails to appreciate the realities of mental health. It really pisses me off. Perhaps I should pursue some sort of ambition to alter that?

I'm sorry that you have to be the victim of our backwards culture, Oboro.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Dammit Obo.

Wait, didn't you turn down food stamps a few weeks back? Can you un-turn that? That would help in the short run.
    I can't, and it's impossible for me to do so again until at least March. "Turned down" is also a half-truth, as staying on them would've required filing on my finances for the month and it would've been impossible to disguise all of the money that 'disappeared' (went to drugs), and I would've lost my benefits as that missing money would only and could only be considered to still be in my possession unless I had receipts proving I had spent it on a legitimate purchase.q

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hobosapien wrote: »

I posted an inapplicable thread (sorry) and it was rightly closed. Then, I read the rules (like I should have initially) and reposted another thread. It was also closed. I reread the rules and couldn't see what was wrong, so I was wondering, is there a policy about new members posting threads? Or is there something wrong with my thread that I'm missing? Private sites are free to be as heavily censored as they choose, often it's necessary to maintain order necessary to make a site useable, so I'm not trying to whine here. I just want to understand the system. For instructive purposes, I'm reposting my closed thread here, just disregard it if you don't want to help me.

"If you want to hear more about how we just lost half a million jobs in a month, follow onward.
    Apparently, it turns out that's actually quite a lot. That's more jobs than some people will have in a lifetime.

This forum is supposed to be about discussion, so let's discuss. Does Bush only care about the wealthy, is he deluded enough to think everyone is doing peachy, does he think he isn't responsible, or does he actually feel bad about what he's done to us? Tough to say, but since this is debate and discourse, I'm thinking it's a mix of 2 and 3. He doesn't seem like he has the depth for remorse, but he's not a cartoon villain trying to poison the poor, just a bad President. Thoughts?

Here's my opinion.

Gotta love those production values. I'll be happy to expound further, if anyone wants to vent, or even <gasp> have a reasoned discussion."
    Linking a YT video is not a valid way to share your views, we're supposed to word our own thoughts on this forum, otherwise we'd just be bouncing YT videos back and forth and calling each other names.

Then there is the way too wide focus of your thread, we already have various threads about the economic crisis, you don't get to make a thread that could house all those other threads as well. Also: Tube hates you, I would not start a new thread for at least a few weeks.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dammit Obo.

I can't, and it's impossible for me to do so again until at least March. "Turned down" is also a half-truth, as staying on them would've required filing on my finances for the month and it would've been impossible to disguise all of the money that 'disappeared' (went to drugs), and I would've lost my benefits as that missing money would only and could only be considered to still be in my possession unless I had receipts proving I had spent it on a legitimate purchase.q

Ack. D:

I'm out of legal ideas.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Here's my opinion.

Linking a YT video is not a valid way to share your views, we're supposed to word our own thoughts on this forum, otherwise we'd just be bouncing YT videos back and forth and calling each other names.

Then there is the way too wide focus of your thread, we already have various threads about the economic crisis, you don't get to make a thread that could house all those other threads as well. Also: Tube hates you, I would not start a new thread for at least a few weeks.

I did tell you to delete your thread if you recall. Look at all of the threads around here, there are plenty that cover the focus of the article that you posted. You should express your ideas in them. Now when there really is a large breaking issue that could be a good time to start a new thread.

Plus if your original thread gets closed. Don't make a new one. Find out what was wrong with your thread and then perhaps ask a moderator what you could do to fix your thread to make it acceptable.

Maybe there's nothing that can be done. We (not me) love discussing shit. That's why there's thousands of pages of discussion around here.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008

Once a thread has been locked, don't post it again. A youtube video is not a valid method of expressing your views on this forum, and it looks as though you merely want to pimp your video. Hang around, read some threads, see what's up. Also seriously, if I tell you not to post a video again, there is no circumstance in which it is a good idea to post the video again.

Tube on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey, if it doesn’t work the first three times, another try can’t hurt.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've spent my life using games, books and other media to escape life.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't sleep. Time to watch more Blake's 7.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    the the positive side of active moderation!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm out of ideas too, but I'm honestly perplexed by what happens. I know that I won't cease to be when I can no longer afford to pay my way and succumb to medical bills that were unavoidable, but I don't know what happens otherwise. I don't have any family or friends to go to when I run out of money and am summarily evicted. Even government housing costs money. Do I go to a shelter and become a sheltered person until I die? That's not even how shelters work; I've been in shelters on the east coast, and they're admittedly different here, but that's still not how they work. It's different purposes.

I don't understand what will or is likely to happen to me. It's unfathomable because it's absolutely blank to me.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm out of ideas too, but I'm honestly perplexed by what happens. I know that I won't cease to be when I can no longer afford to pay my way and succumb to medical bills that were unavoidable, but I don't know what happens otherwise. I don't have any family or friends to go to when I run out of money and am summarily evicted. Even government housing costs money. Do I go to a shelter and become a sheltered person until I die? That's not even how shelters work; I've been in shelters on the east coast, and they're admittedly different here, but that's still not how they work. It's different purposes.

I don't understand what will or is likely to happen to me. It's unfathomable because it's absolutely blank to me.

Adventure? No seriously that's a pretty scary prospect. Uncertainty scares the shit out of me.

Note: You dictate some of what will happen.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't want to pick a fight with an admin. Believe it or not, PA is important to me. I've been reading for six years. My first skit was carrot cake soup, and I think Tycho has the Pacman watch right now, if I recall. I'm not spamming. I expressed my views, to some degree, in the post itself. What are the approved method of expressing your views? If a youtube video is not accepted speech, is a lolcat? Why does a lolcat have greater legitimacy?

This is a crucial matter - you never told me not to repost my video. Your two messages, in their entirety, were

"We are not here for you to advertise your things. If you signed up to post, welcome to the forums. If you signed up just to post your link, go away."

Then you say "I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you somehow misunderstood my direct instruction not to post that video again and merely take away your ability to post videos."

I didn't even realize that you were attempting to imply that you didn't want me to post my video. It would be difficult, I think, for a reasonable person to get that from your message. It's funny, I came for discussion, and I'm getting it. I don't want you guys to think I'm a dick, this seems like a community I'd like to be apart of. But any community in which abuse of power is condoned tends to be unhealthy, so I guess if Tube doesn't want me here, that's his call, he's in charge. He is (technically) able to use his power in whatever abusive fashion gratifies his whims.

Hobosapien on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    No, adventure can only happen if there's groundwork. What I did on the east coast was adventure, but there was groundwork; men on WoW who liked me in horrible ways and 'opened their doors' to me, campuses on which I had once been a student and was able to appear to be a student and infiltrate the ranks ...

either way I don't want to go back to that. I get flashbacks to homelessness while walking on the streets here and vomit in the gutter or sit down on the sidewalk and don't stand up for 10 minutes at a time. I don't understand how I can go back to that. If I went back to that I wouldn't go back to that, I would die, kicking and screaming, at my own hand before I went back to that. PTSD producing a state of ineffectual behavior that leads the victim back into the situation that precipitated the PTSD is ... maddening.

It can't happen. My mind refuses to accept the possibility.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Are you seriously fucking telling me that you can't see how doing things like turning down food stamps isn't negastively affecting your life? Are you retarded Oboro? Seriously? Stop sabotaging yourself at every turn and maybe life will improve.

Tube on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't want to pick a fight with an admin. Believe it or not, PA is important to me. I've been reading for six years. My first skit was carrot cake soup, and I think Tycho has the Pacman watch right now, if I recall. I'm not spamming. I expressed my views, to some degree, in the post itself. What are the approved method of expressing your views? If a youtube video is not accepted speech, is a lolcat? Why does a lolcat have greater legitimacy?

This is a crucial matter - you never told me not to repost my video. Your two messages, in their entirety, were

"We are not here for you to advertise your things. If you signed up to post, welcome to the forums. If you signed up just to post your link, go away."

Then you say "I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you somehow misunderstood my direct instruction not to post that video again and merely take away your ability to post videos."

I didn't even realize that you were attempting to imply that you didn't want me to post my video. It would be difficult, I think, for a reasonable person to get that from your message. It's funny, I came for discussion, and I'm getting it. I don't want you guys to think I'm a dick, this seems like a community I'd like to be apart of. But any community in which abuse of power is condoned tends to be unhealthy, so I guess if Tube doesn't want me here, that's his call, he's in charge. He is (technically) able to use his power in whatever abusive fashion gratifies his whims.

D&D is pretty strict. if you want somewhere looser ruleswise maybe try Social Entropy.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i jizz in my pants

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Goddamnit Tube I am trying

I stopped doing drugs, but they don't give you a refund and no one gives you a pat on the back they just say "well good fucking job, now somehow make up for the lost ground and also get back in the race"

and goddamnit, I am not doing very well at getting back in the race

I've had three retail job interviews in the past two weeks and none of them have resulted in any callback. I give up.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Goddamnit Tube I am trying

I stopped doing drugs, but they don't give you a refund and no one gives you a pat on the back they just say "well good fucking job, now somehow make up for the lost ground and also get back in the race"

and goddamnit, I am not doing very well at getting back in the race

I've had three retail job interviews in the past two weeks and none of them have resulted in any callback. I give up.
    No, don't do that. You may not seem to be getting anywhere, but that doesn't mean you don't keep trying. Of course, I have absolutely no comprehension of your situation, but the only way to lose is to stop.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oboro i don't see how it can be entirely the state's fault when you do drugs until you are broke and quit your jobs

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

since im nice im gonna #1 point to the rules at the top of each forum that describe what not to do.

then im gonna #2 link you to this thread in SE++ which is meant for the sharing of youtube videos (though i highly suggest that you don't repost the same video after twice being told not to) http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=75892. this is where it should have gone.

the fact that you continuously tried to post the same exact video 3 times kind of makes people think that all you wanted is for people to watch the video... thats bad.

if you want to talk about the economy or bush or anything else, there are appropriate threads for those topics already up and you can try to contribute without linking to the video.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yeah didnt oboro have a job
    and then just quit it
    for the hell of it
    jeez
    oboro srsly

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Shelters are supposed to provide just that: shelter. If you're out of a home and need a place to sleep without having to fear hypothermia and abduction* you go to a shelter. It really seems like your only option is to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and that is truly the hardest thing I can imagine. We both know you have tried this so many times before, but I really can't think of any other options.

*I'm not going to tell you shelters also always protect against robbery and thievery, that really depends on where you're at.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yeah didnt oboro have a job
    and then just quit it
    for the hell of it
    jeez
    oboro srsly
    round and round and round and round

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

No, a lolcat is not accepted speech. Text is.
    This is a crucial matter - you never told me not to repost my video.

I told you explicitly not to post your video

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=8123911#post8123911

But any community in which abuse of power is condoned tends to be unhealthy, so I guess if Tube doesn't want me here, that's his call, he's in charge. He is (technically) able to use his power in whatever abusive fashion gratifies his whims.

I'm not abusing my power in any way, and am in fact being exceptionally lenient. If any other mod had gotten to you first you would have been banned for spamming.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    To quote my favorite demotivator:

"It could be the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others."

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I didn't 'quit just for the hell of it' I got depressed and didn't fucking leave my room for three fucking days

I peed in a half-cup glass and poured it out the water

one

four ounce glass

at a time

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    As for the notion that there are plenty of threads here that cover the same ground, my thread is closely focused on Bush's desire or ability to empathize with the common man. There probably is such a thread that touches on that somewhere, but there is no such thread that exists to discuss that. If we deleted every thread that mentioned a topic mentioned elsewhere, how many threads would we have left?

Hobosapien on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This really never happens you can take my word
    I won't apologize, that's just absurd
    Mainly your fault from the way that you dance
    and now I
    JIZZ IN MY PANTS

don't tell your friends or I'll say your a slut
    plus its your fault, you were rubbing my butt
    I'm very sensitive, some would say thats a plus

Now I'll go home and change

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't like new people.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2008
    As for the notion that there are plenty of threads here that cover the same ground, my thread is closely focused on Bush's desire or ability to empathize with the common man. There probably is such a thread that touches on that somewhere, but there is no such thread that exists to discuss that. If we deleted every thread that mentioned a topic mentioned elsewhere, how many threads would we have left?

DON'T FUCKING USE A YOUTUBE VIDEO ALONE TO EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS.

This is a forum, we use our KEYBOARDS here.

Or at least a speech to text program.

Kagera on
This discussion has been closed.