As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Short Funny Gamer movie: Gamers know how to party

nivosetnivoset Registered User new member
edited January 2009 in Artist's Corner
Just getting into making movies again, looking for some CC on this first online movie, and hoping people enjoy the movie

Marginalpro on Youtube

If you like it please go and vote so, and share with people you know would like it

I only just thought "hey i goto this comic all the time" but i never went on the forums, but the people here seem mostly nice.

nivoset on

• Options
    firegolemfiregolem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wow! sooo funny I almost forget your just here whoring for youtube votes...

O w8, its not even funny. WOuld be funnier as a comic

firegolem on
    I got nothing to sitewhore. Go here instead: www.nmcf.co.za
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "O w8, its not even funny"

What the shits does that even mean?

I get the idea of the movie and you really need another idea. I get the idea that he is a 'gamer' and doesn't do anything but play games. You might be better served opening up with the second scene if you really want to stay with what you have. The first scene is just bad all around. It's been years since I've tried to make a movie but all in all this is a horrible short. The writing isn't there, the acting isn't there, the sound is bad, it's redunant ect ect. Don't stop making movies if it's something you like to do but don't expect this to reach #Texas amount of plays on youtube.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    nivoset wrote: »
    the people here seem mostly nice.

Yeah, you might think differently a couple of more posts down the line, as long as you're not a crybaby. You're not a cry baby, are you? In any case, I didn't really think it was funny. It would be better if the it was an PVP online battle and the guy went -"Yeah, he wins all the time but I bet he never gets laid", then you cut to the guy on the other house and he's knee deep in girls and still kicking ass.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The problem with that is its a bit to graphic to be up on youtube without more restrictions put into place

Yeah, you might think differently a couple of more posts down the line, as long as you're not a crybaby. You're not a cry baby, are you? In any case, I didn't really think it was funny. It would be better if the it was an PVP online battle and the guy went -"Yeah, he wins all the time but I bet he never gets laid", then you cut to the guy on the other house and he's knee deep in girls and still kicking ass.

nivoset on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    The concept is funny enough, but the comedic timing is way off.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The concept is funny enough, but the comedic timing is way off.

Comedy is all in the pauses. Right now, there really are none.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    It's a little more than that, but it's also something I hazard to say is "you either got it, or you don't."

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The pauses between conversations need to be shortened, and as the guys said, comedic timing is way off here. Also, if you want this to be a success with gamers, be realistic. I don't think the fastest, most complex fighter requires anyone to be pushing all the buttons on a controller as fast as possible. Invest in a boom mic and some lights - or rent them, if you can.

If you love doing it, keep doing it, and someday you will get it right :)

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    The problem with that is its a bit to graphic to be up on youtube without more restrictions put into place

only if you use the most literal interpretation and shots/framing, which isn't going to be funny anyway

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This is by no means supposed to be a fully high quality thing yet. no one in the crew except me and the DP have done any acting or such before. hard to get people with more skill than lucky friends and such for a bit. but thanks for the comments. should be very useful to me in my next movie.

nivoset on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    well, no other insights i take it. have fun

nivoset on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    More insight usually comes with more artwork/movies/ etc.

Good luck with your next project.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets