As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    BITCHEZ.jpg

weee

Dadouw on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Grats man!

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    what's happening there

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This is one of the rarest rare spawn of the game, and I mean it, this fucker never spawns, and when he does, its in a random location in stormpeaks and he despawns after 5 min.

He also drops a nice mount

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Is the mount drop 100%?

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yes, 100% He doesnt despawn after 5 min.

He is on a 6-8 hour respawn timer with 3 other mobs and he paths ALL over stormpeaks.

If you look at the screenshot, thats one of the best spots to just camp it. But you will be waiting forever.....

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    really? I've seen people reporting that he despawns when he finishes his patrol

Dadouw on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    So are like, are Holy Pallies broken or something? The last two I've grouped with can't heal through tough bosses for some reason. Both Loken (you guys saw me bitching about that the other day) and now Skadi the Ruthless. Good geared Pallies just can't do it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So are like, are Holy Pallies broken or something? The last two I've grouped with can't heal through tough bosses for some reason. Both Loken (you guys saw me bitching about that the other day) and now Skadi the Ruthless. Good geared Pallies just can't do it.

Please refer to post #2143 for my thoughts on the issue.

But long story short. Any decently geared paladin can do it once he learns how the fight works, and the party isnt retarded enough to just stand in the AoE.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    During my brief time as a Holy Pally, the thing I hated the most was the lack of HoT's to make any lag spikes I ended up getting more manageable. If I was on a Tree Druid, a target could probably survive me lagging out for a second thanks to my HoT's, but on my Paladin if it happened there was nothing I could do but hope I could get off my Holy Shock on them before they died (if the lag cooperated, of course).

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It seems to me that the biggest difference between loken and murmur is that murmur didn't move at all. You had very well defined borders of where to run. Some people have trouble on loken trying to figure out whether they ran too far or not, it seems.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    If you server is any sort of high population, raiding the major cities that people actually in (stormwing, ironforge, UC, ogrimmar) is basically suicide. Especially if you're dumb enough to advertise the raid in public channels for half an hour (people have horde alts!)

It's probably better on a pvp server. :P

End on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    During my brief time as a Holy Pally, the thing I hated the most was the lack of HoT's to make any lag spikes I ended up getting more manageable. If I was on a Tree Druid, a target could probably survive me lagging out for a second thanks to my HoT's, but on my Paladin if it happened there was nothing I could do but hope I could get off my Holy Shock on them before they died (if the lag cooperated, of course).

Well druids don't just have HoTs, they're HoT--based, so it makes sense that one could survive through a bit of lag because of that. But if pallies basically got renew, would the one HoT make that much of a difference in that situation?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It would certainly help.

It would let us move and cast. Rather than relying on a crit shocks. And yeah, it would help somewhat on lag spike as the hots don't lag :)

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I still can't figure out how to make screenshots I take look nice. They look like shit when I take them. :?

Scaling them down from full resolution helps a lot.

Messing with the color balance can help too, make things more vibrant.

xzzy on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you server is any sort of high population, raiding the major cities that people actually in (stormwing, ironforge, UC, ogrimmar) is basically suicide. Especially if you're dumb enough to advertise the raid in public channels for half an hour (people have horde alts!)

The way to do it is have tanks lead, get to a couple of predetermined spots on your way, aoe the guards, and move on. This is basically required for thunder bluff as alliance because there's no way to get anywhere close to cairne without pulling 30+ guards. I imagine it is true of IF/SW as well.

I think loading lag is your biggest ally in conducting city raids. If you move in one big pack and don't stop, you won't even show up on a lot of people's screens until you're already past them.

As far as guards, you really don't pick up too many in either Stormwind or Ironforge (at least, you don't if you come in via the tram), we just ran straight to the throne room without stopping in both cases. The IF guards are obnoxious with their thunderclaps, though.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    langfor6 wrote: »
    Blah Blah

So basically, you have the attention span of a 5 year old? I hope you're at least having fun with it :lol:. You decided you didn't like alliance twice when it really should have been once.

Seriously, pick a class and force your way through if necessary. Just do like 3/4 bars of a level each day. Choose a dps class/spec for faster leveling, or a tank/healing class if you'd like to instance and just chip away at it until you hit 80. It's possible because this is how i've done it.

I'm leveling a TG Fury Warrior and i've taken whole days/nearly a week at a time off from him when i didn't feel like playing. I'm about to hit 80 and aside from a 62 DK, he's all i've worked on since release.

Unfortunately Frostmourne is an Oceanic server, and I'm not living on that side of the world any longer. Although I don't like playing Alliance, I also don't really care for playing the game by myself, and both of those servers either have people I know, as is the case with Magtheridon, or a built-in guild, as was the case with Draenor.

The real issue isn't that I have the attention span of a five year old, it's just that I can't achieve the optimal conditions for playing right now, specifically a high level Horde character on an American server with people I can play with. I either have to level from scratch, which I'm attempting with my priest, or bite the bullet and transfer one of my characters from Frostmourne to Cho'gall. I should really just play something else until the new patch hits and then make a Death Knight there, but if I'm not playing I feel like I'm wasting my money.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Well druids don't just have HoTs, they're HoT--based, so it makes sense that one could survive through a bit of lag because of that. But if pallies basically got renew, would the one HoT make that much of a difference in that situation?

I don't have nearly as much experience as others do, but in my experience as a healer, it's not uncommon that a couple of seconds is the difference between failure and success. If Pallys had a renew, it would give us a bit more cushion in those situation, which could often make all the difference.

The other thing about Pally healing is that our only AoE healing tool we have is a talented one, which makes trying to heal as off-spec a lot more difficult than it is for healers of other sorts, since they have AoE healing outside their talent trees.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dadouw wrote: »
    Oh shit another Troll Mage.
    Oh shit a group WITHOUT a fucking Elf in it!!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    So what I'm reading here, is that Pallies are indeed at a disadvantage on any fight that has AOE damage or requires frequent movement due to their lack of instant casts and HOTs?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So what I'm reading here, is that Pallies are indeed at a disadvantage on any fight that has AOE damage or requires frequent movement due to their lack of instant casts and HOTs?

That's how it's been since day 1

tehmarken on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just as much as druids are in any fight that requires massive healing on one target. As in not that much but people will make a huge deal about it so the game is easier for them.

Opty on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Charus wrote: »

The way to do it is have tanks lead, get to a couple of predetermined spots on your way, aoe the guards, and move on. This is basically required for thunder bluff as alliance because there's no way to get anywhere close to cairne without pulling 30+ guards. I imagine it is true of IF/SW as well.

I think loading lag is your biggest ally in conducting city raids. If you move in one big pack and don't stop, you won't even show up on a lot of people's screens until you're already past them.

As far as guards, you really don't pick up too many in either Stormwind or Ironforge (at least, you don't if you come in via the tram), we just ran straight to the throne room without stopping in both cases. The IF guards are obnoxious with their thunderclaps, though.

With Stormwind, one very organized group dragged the king into one of the side rooms to kill him. I am not sure of the tactical reasons for it, but in groups that came after they would fight Wrynn in the Throne room and get wiped out.

Seg on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just wanna say that Children of Bodom's song In Your Face was meant for PVP

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    That's how the Horde failed to take down the dorf king a few days back on Doomhammer. Other then some Death & Decays there were no organized effort to stop the ranged alliance players from AoEing the Horde in the throne room.

Yep, that was our strategy: ranged DPS focus on any alliance within range, ignore Magni/Wrynn completely until then. Melee DPS can gank anything that enters the room. Nobody leaves the room, ever. Preferrably don't even go near the door.

Echo on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »

My original post should've said raiding the cities during peak hours is suicide. We got bears on dark iron before wrath dropped, and it wasn't so bad, but we also made the city raids sort of a late night/weekend affair. We also had a big problem a couple times with the horde being forwarned; I'm amazed at the number of people with multiple accounts these days.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    End wrote: »

My original post should've said raiding the cities during peak hours is suicide. We got bears on dark iron before wrath dropped, and it wasn't so bad, but we also made the city raids sort of a late night/weekend affair. We also had a big problem a couple times with the horde being forwarned; I'm amazed at the number of people with multiple accounts these days.

I don't think it really matters, or at least it didn't matter on emerald dream. We did the whole thing on a busy night during peak hours. Granted this was a guild run and we were on vent and didn't warn anyone (least of all the second horde raid that showed up in stormwind right after we killed Varian), but most of the Alliance either left us alone or got mowed down by our hunters who were on anti-Alliance duty while everyone else attacked the boss.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I did it during "peak" hours. There was a couple things, like moving as a group in particular, that helps smooth it along a ton. It's also good to know where the fuck you are going.

End on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't think it is but is an EU > Oceanic server transfer possible?

Have a feeling that my current guild is about to die after 2 years.
    Not entirely sure yet.

Varethius on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Varethius wrote: »
    I don't think it is but is an EU > Oceanic server transfer possible?

Have a feeling that my current guild is about to die after 2 years.
    Not entirely sure yet.

No, its not.
    They are separate accounts.

You MIGHT be able to buy a US/Oceanic account, then use the character transfer page to transfer characters from one account to the other
    but i doubt it

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You only get that silly Mount and Achievement for Capital Cities Raid right?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    yes, the mount that everyone has :(

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sigh, I've been clean for three, four months now but I feel the itch to come back. Stupid game, why must you do this to me?

Oh well, can't be as bad as last time I guess when I let myself get suckered into the raiding game. No way I'm letting myself become valuable like that again, unless... what sort of raid times are we talking about now? Are the 10/25 mans still four hour, multi-night slogs, or have they been shortened since the BC era?

Ledneh on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    My original post should've said raiding the cities during peak hours is suicide.

Pfft. We did Ironforge at 7 pm on our first try. With average raid level 75!

When we actually got it it was 1 am on a Saturday. Still plenty of players about.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    they can be sometimes.

Fuga on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Heroth wrote: »
    Little Jim wrote: »
    okay, just did wrathgate on my alliance dude
    so there wasn't any miscommunication at all, everybody told varian that war was the worst solution, but he went and did it anyway?

what a dumb douche!

Trust us, it looks even worse from the hordes point of view.

And the award for biggest douche goes to...

Well...
    ...if anything, it's just Blizzard trying to prove that Varian's the Anti-Thrall. Varian's been through a lot of crap in his life and pretty much a victim of all Three Wars. Then you have him kidnapped, going through magic-induced amnesia, forced to be a gladiator-slave for an orc, escaping back home to find out that the daughter of one of Azeroth's worst villains has fouled up his country something awful AND that the guy on the throne pretending to be him IS him thanks to getting 'The Enemy Within' treatment via magic. Dude doesn't just have a chip on his shoulder, he's got the whole of Stormwind freaking Keep.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Had a pug regular UK on my deathknight that I joined after the first boss last night (I had been sitting in the queue for an hour with the note "Unholy DPS." After we downed the second boss with a few deaths the leader goes "hey DK, your MT." Which worked, kinda, in my dps gear until the 80 pally healer left. Since I didn't have any tank gear, the group leader suggested I dps while the voidwalker tanked. This was where I left.

I really ought to heed warning signs way earlier in groups D:

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Sigh, I've been clean for three, four months now but I feel the itch to come back. Stupid game, why must you do this to me?

Oh well, can't be as bad as last time I guess when I let myself get suckered into the raiding game. No way I'm letting myself become valuable like that again, unless... what sort of raid times are we talking about now? Are the 10/25 mans still four hour, multi-night slogs, or have they been shortened since the BC era?

They can be.

But if you raid for four hours, it might take you three-four nights to clear everything in your first 2 weeks, but you'll get steadily quicker and quicker. For us, 2 four hour raids would be enough to clear every bit of raid content.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Poll - Favorite Holiday Pet? I'm torn between the Snowman and Reindeer

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also how do I get my sig to link to my armory? I demand guidance and wisdom!

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
This discussion has been closed.