As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

just getting into drawing, would appreciate some advice

ShadowViperShadowViper Registered User new member
edited December 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey, I'm trying to start getting into drawing. Here are a couple variations on the same general picture. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what (if anything) you like about it and what I could do to improve it and my drawing technique in general. Also, if you have any tutorials, guides or other resources you would like to recommend, I would really appreciate it.

hoodedface19.jpg

hoodedface27.jpg

Thanks,
Cody

ShadowViper on

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you're just getting started, go get a good book on anatomy. The others will be able to give specific titles to look at.

No, I do not care that you have a 'style'. All styles pull from the core human anatomy, and warp it. If you can draw realistic, you'll be able to do your 'style' better, because you will KNOW what goes into it.

This is the single most core element I can offer. When you can make a good realistic image and understand how to get to that final point, everything else flows from that.

yalborap on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Literal EYE-brows.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    You need a heavy dose of B.E. stat.

bombardier on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anatomy books or websites are a very good start. They are a lot to take in, so if you are only JUST getting into drawing, perhaps even just getting used to making lines would help too. fill up sketchbooks with lots of doodles. Draw whatever you see, or imagine. it will all help.

oh, and the first page of the 'Questions, Discussions and Tutorials' thread will help for links to good theory stuff...

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=59420

winter_combat_knight on