As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo II (continued)

1575859606163»

• Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah, I see. I've never actually eth bugged the armor, I always trade for them, which makes it quite expensive. You can get eth bugged forts with 3-4k def, which is awesome on a merc

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The "(continued)" portion of this thread title is about to become obsolete and misleading.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DarkstrykeDarkstryke Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I bought this again. Sucks having to start a new character, but whatever, is khalim's will or whatever it's called still crazy useful at the start? If it is, anyone spare one?

Darkstryke on
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's useful if you can get it (no lvl or str requirements) but no one ever makes it anymore, except for the first guy to go through act 3. Then it's just giving trav and durance wps to everyone else.

0blique on
  • Options
    xa52xa52 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm having a hard time with my new fishyzon (jav/freezing arrow hybrid) who is now at lev 24 and up to normal baal. What's the best way to level her? She's pretty much useless on her own until lev 30, and gets very little xp on baal runs right now. Do I want to try to get a few levels on CS/diablo runs, or should I complete normal and try to get a nm rush? Hell too?

Also, I see people in normal games offering "nm rush for baal q." What does this mean exactly? I thought Baal drops kind of sucked, quest or not, and certainly aren't worth as much as the hellforge rune.

xa52 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    xa52 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time with my new fishyzon (jav/freezing arrow hybrid) who is now at lev 24 and up to normal baal. What's the best way to level her? She's pretty much useless on her own until lev 30, and gets very little xp on baal runs right now. Do I want to try to get a few levels on CS/diablo runs, or should I complete normal and try to get a nm rush? Hell too?

Also, I see people in normal games offering "nm rush for baal q." What does this mean exactly? I thought Baal drops kind of sucked, quest or not, and certainly aren't worth as much as the hellforge rune.

The best way to level a character, besides Uber levelling (if you're grushed, just do Hell Chaos Runs till 60)
    1. 1-15 Trist Runs
    2. 15-20 Tomb Runs
    3. 20-24 Cow Runs
    4. 24-25 Ancients
    5. 25-40 Baal (Normal)
    6. 40-60 Baal (NM)
    7. 60+ Baal (Hell)

"nm rush for baal q"
    A grush (glitch rush) is where you rush a character at level 1 to Hell. In order to get past the level restrictions on Baal, you have what are called "bumpers" which are basically people who satisfy the level requirements in order to complete the Baal quest. If someone's doing a grush, they would need 2 bumpers (for normal and nightmare), and to speed the process along (if bumpers haven't already been arranged) you'll see games with "nm rush for baal q" or "baal quest" etc.

lordswing on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like using the Hellforge Hammer at the start.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    When trading, what does it mean to 'send a mule' ?

I've seen traders ask account names, which makes sense since they can then simply /w people in-game to coordinate trading.
    But then some also say you can 'send a mule' instead.

How's that work?

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Might be for trading a Torch or Anni, as you can only have one per character. Might also be they simply don't have room?

lordswing on
  • Options
    Guy MontagGuy Montag Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How to do a mule trade. Some people on trading sites prefer to do that rather than coordinate an in-game meeting. I've done mule trades on diii.net with no problems, can't vouch for any other sites.

Guy Montag on
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Grrr can't get Diablo 2 to work on my Macbook since the new 10.5.5 patch... no 256 color support.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    gneGne wrote: »
    Grrr can't get Diablo 2 to work on my Macbook since the new 10.5.5 patch... no 256 color support.

hold down option when you launch D2 and select software to run

I have a macbook and am playing D2.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    option? and I already had it on software.. it just won't start.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    gneGne wrote: »
    option? and I already had it on software.. it just won't start.

yeah option key is between apple/command key and ctrl...

If it's already on software sounds like you need to reinstall. Get the carbon installer from blizzard and go to it?

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, mule trading sounds pretty risky on bnet. Quite frankly, you're already taking a risk that whatever you're trading for is going to be duped, I wouldn't touch mule trading. Maybe on other trade sites like diii or jsp, but still be careful.

lordswing on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I had the same problem when I installed D2 for the first time with the Carbon installer. I then found a patch with could patch back the graphics drivers from the GMAX3100 to 2.5.2 where it still supported 256 colors. However, that patch doesn't work on the new 10.5.5, which btw installed 256 color support... but ONLY for the nvidia cards (like the Macbook Pro's have).

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Aaaaaannnnd another newb-ish question.

Is there any way in online play to run the same map more than once?
    If I find a really short mephisto map for instance, is there any way at all to keep the map layout but refresh the enemies?

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    zhen_rogue wrote: »

If I find a really short mephisto map for instance, is there any way at all to keep the map layout but refresh the enemies?

absolutely not that would eliminate one of the super d2 features of randomized dungeons

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    musanman wrote: »

absolutely not that would eliminate one of the super d2 features of randomized dungeons

I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't handicapping myself in my early MF career. :)

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't handicapping myself in my early MF career. :)

There are certain "rules" people usually use when they MF without maphack to make it go faster. For example, each map layout for the Countess and Mephisto has a "left" or "right" direction to get to the next level. I want to say Nihl (dkeys and GCs) is the fastest guy you can run, maphack or no maphack, as there's only 3 possible maps, and there's an easy indicator to find which corridor to find him on the last level.

lordswing on
  • Options
    JellySalmonJellySalmon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I couldn't find a Diablo III thread, so I thought I'd post this here:

http://news.gotgame.com/candidates-for-diablo-iiis-upcoming-hated-class-changes/

I worked pretty hard on it, so if you enjoy it, I'd really appreciate a digg.

JellySalmon on
    What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game? The nye Mets are my favorite squadron.
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I dropped a couple items and got temp banned for no reason at all so if someone on West could hold the game for a little while that'd be great.

Game details:
    mulegame
    password

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    tempbanned looking for uber D, sorry peng :(

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    tempbanned looking for uber D, sorry peng :(

eh, it happens. i try to wait ~10 seconds in chat room, messing around with the chat gem before i make a game, but it's too tempting. and fuck those ppl who use findip, i just want to kill dclone once.

findip is a program that lets you force yourself onto an ip, that's how the anni shop dealers do it.

lordswing on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yo, anyone playing this game?

whisper *Jinnigan on USEast

looking for hardcore players but i've got a few softcore to pass the time

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg