As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

White People Are [CHAT]

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I actually agreed with the Cat in that thread

Well the sad thing was people couldn't see how the project was basically a peer pressure gropeathon. I mean it's bad enough being a geeky woman considering the level of male skeevyness. Those guys took it to a whole new level.

If I think something is badly perverted then you're doing something bad.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, James, hi!

I, um, I had fun last night. *blush* We should do it again sometime.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it was sadly representative of nerds everywhere

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    The problem with "she's not attractive" is that a girl's relative hotness is usually the first thing remarked upon when a picture of a girl is posted on here. Or, in this case, her name. The very first judgment people make is "would I breed with that?" How is she as an actor? Totally not important. How she'd look in the skin suit? OMFGYOUASSHOLESHECAN'TPULLITOFF!!! But, you know, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger, that's all about the acting.

I am really, horribly disappointed in this place sometimes.

Wait... what else can you tell about someone based on their picture other than how attractive they are...?

Personally I tend to assume anyone who fits too closely to "Hollywood Pretty" has most likely been fucked up by society by now.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    The problem with the "she's not attractive" thing is the difference between "She does not fall within the bounds of what is considered attractive by society at large" and "I am not personally attracted to her."

The problem with "she's not attractive" is that a girl's relative hotness is usually the first thing remarked upon when a picture of a girl is posted on here. Or, in this case, her name. The very first judgment people make is "would I breed with that?" How is she as an actor? Totally not important. How she'd look in the skin suit? OMFGYOUASSHOLESHECAN'TPULLITOFF!!! But, you know, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger, that's all about the acting.

To be fair, the first thing I consider with boy pictures is "Would I hit that?"

Anyway I have to go, class

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Honestly I even do that for male actors, if they are fuck ugly I'm less likely to want to watch them in a movie. Like phillip donut hoffman.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The problem with the "she's not attractive" thing is the difference between "She does not fall within the bounds of what is considered attractive by society at large" and "I am not personally attracted to her."

We must all test this now.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    what are we talking about?

poking boobs?

ok, good i didn't miss anything.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Res wrote: »
    So in science news it seems we are playing Russian Roulette with a dying star.
    It sucks that no matter how much progress we make we are still liable to be totally snuffed out by a completely normal event in space and that would be it

Almost makes me want to be religious

Meh, give us 100 years and we'll figure it out. Honestly I'm not worried.

Yeah neither am I. But really I'm not worried because odds are it'll miss us.

The odds are great, as it is 8,000 light years away. Which means that if it happens now it'll affect us in 8,000 years... Come to think of it, if it has already happened 7,999 years and 50 weeks ago then that means we'll only notice when it hits us - which is in a couple of weeks! WE ARE DOOOOOOMED! :O

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

To be fair, I do this with guy actors too.

I think it's more that the majority of the people here are heterosexual males, and thus are attracted to women. In fact, a lot of times you'll see someone post about a hot guy, and some of the girls will talk about how yummy he is.

Naturally the guys are going to talk about what kind of actor he is, because they're not attracted to him. So, I don't know that it's sexism so much as most people here liking to make comments about physical attractiveness in general.

Which I suppose could be seen as a problem in and of itself.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Spend 200,000 years treating men as sexual property and then I'll hold you to the same standard.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    It sucks that no matter how much progress we make we are still liable to be totally snuffed out by a completely normal event in space and that would be it

The odds are great, as it is 8,000 light years away. Which means that if it happens now it'll affect us in 8,000 years... Come to think of it, if it has already happened 7,999 years and 50 weeks ago then that means we'll only notice when it hits us - which is in a couple of weeks! WE ARE DOOOOOOMED! :O

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED PERHAPS! :O

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Spend 200,000 years treating men as sexual property and then I'll hold you to the same standard.

:|

This is a terribly mysoginistic statement.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--*commercial break*

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--*commercial break*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEED!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah that's like excusing racism because white people kept black people as slaves.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ok time to go home, screw this.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Whatever definition of misogyny you want to cram that into, I'm pretty sure I'll just shake my head and laugh at it.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Yeah that's like excusing racism because white people kept black people as slaves.

It also dehumanizes women, treating them like they're too intellectually damaged to have their behavior taken seriously.

Zim: Go ahead and ask The Cat what she thinks about your statement.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The consensus is that we are in fact doomed, or perhaps not. Life altering stuff all up ins'!

Honk on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The consensus is that we are in fact doomed, or perhaps not. Life altering stuff all up ins'!

We're not doomed, just unbelievably shallow.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Whatever definition of misogyny you want to cram that into, I'm pretty sure I'll just shake my head and laugh at it.

That's ok, I'm doing the same thing irt your post.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This thread is makin me so hot right now

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So anyways, Taken comes out this friday, time to watch Woo Liam Neeson.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009

He's so hot!!

Honk on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I bet Liam Neeson would cuddle after

Elendil on
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't understand the Liam Neeson lovefest around here. I liked him alright in Rob Roy and thought he was pretty terrible as Qui-Gon Jin. Probably his best role was in Schindler's List. I don't see him as a badass vigilante though.

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    lazegamer wrote: »
    I don't understand the Liam Neeson lovefest around here. I liked him alright in Rob Roy and thought he was pretty terrible as Qui-Gon Jin. Probably his best role was in Schindler's List. I don't see him as a badass vigilante though.

I was just trying to be meta, like last page meta. Though I do think he's a good actor.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

He's so hot!!

Look if I fucked Irishmen, he'd be on the list but not before Colin Farrel "THIS IS FOR SONNY CROCKET YOU LIMEY BASTARD!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    terrible, they had learning disabilities

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Fuck that guy. Maybe him getting fired is a bit much but fuck him anyway for actually defending how he coached his team that day.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    lazegamer wrote: »

He's slightly bookish and has a very stern, fatherly demeanor. That's a character archetype that many around here would like to imagine themselves as, and it's a revenge fantasy. Revenge fantasies ramp up the "badass" quotient by a factor of 12. The psychology behind it should be pretty obvious, I think.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The saddest part is that the team that got blown out dropped out of the league.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »

Fuck that guy. Maybe him getting fired is a bit much but fuck him anyway for actually defending how he coached his team that day.

Yeah because that's how it works in the real world, if someone hurts your widdle feelings you can get him fired no problem.

Raising generations of pussies.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    terrible, they had learning disabilities

Yeah, that's been all over the news for the last couple of days. This "statement" is new, though. Someone was on ESPN earlier saying, to paraphrase, "You are not Bear Bryant, and you are not Bill Belichick. Neither of those men are good people, and I don't want them anywhere near my kids."

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    The saddest part is that the team that got blown out dropped out of the league.
    Well they clearly suck

Elendil on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Would it be more or less insulting to pass the ball around for 45 minutes?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't understand this. How is it dishonorable to win too hard?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.