As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Phatal Phury - village wins!

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Can we have a clarification on the color-coding from last night's narration?

No.

Burnage on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    sup fellowes

trainin' hard or hardly trainin?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Oh, wait. TehSloth was the one who fought and killed Maximus version 1.0? Ugh, that means he's probably not evil.

OK, I need a new target. Who wants to volunteer?

It's also possible that Micro beat him! Micro and TehSloth fought Maximus last night.

Kay2 on
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Oh, wait. TehSloth was the one who fought and killed Maximus version 1.0? Ugh, that means he's probably not evil.

OK, I need a new target. Who wants to volunteer?

It's also possible that Micro beat him! Micro and TehSloth fought Maximus last night.

ooooooOOOOOOOOooooo

I WIN YOU ALL

ooooooOOOOOOooOOooo

Micro on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I say that lets have TehSloth Die tonight, he did kill me.

Maximus on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    well, both me and malkor are still alive. Hopefully someone seered us. If so, please contact us. If not, i don't know. I was really expecting one of us to die.

Anyway, you got two possible network heads here, lets get the network going!

The_Reflection on
    edited February 2009
    In this Phalla, the Seer's power should involve punching or kicking the person they're investigating so hard, that their mask or whatever falls off and we know who they are.

I mean, c'mon. I FOUGHT with three people yesterday and didn't even find out who they were!

Kay2 on
    edited February 2009
    In this Phalla, the Seer's power should involve punching or kicking the person they're investigating so hard, that their mask or whatever falls off and we know who they are.

I mean, c'mon. I FOUGHT with three people yesterday and didn't even find out who they were!

Everyone is wearing a blindfold whilst fighting.

Burnage on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

OooOOooo
    No wonder I lost..

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    edited February 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

No wonder we're not allowed to choose the appropriate counter to the move that's thrown at us!

I bet the evil dudes get to take theirs off.

Kay2 on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, thanks for not contacting me Gaurdian, I have to leave in 2 hours for work, so unless you show up soon, dont bother. Maan..

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, thanks for not contacting me Gaurdian, I have to leave in 2 hours for work, so unless you show up soon, dont bother. Maan..

I don't see the point of a Guard contacting you tbh...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yea I mean, I've only outed myself as the vig and took down an evil last night, protecting me is of no benefit to the village whatsoever..

You know this seems to happen alot in the phalla's I'm in, the vig reveals himself, and everyone sits there bickering about whether or not he might be good or what, while the evil team sits back and enjoys, luckily I'm usually evil so I dont have anything to worry about, but when it happens now its kind of frustrating. What exactly do people have against forming a network, as opposed to staying in the dark and shooting randomly?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited February 2009

Yea I mean, I've only outed myself as the vig and took down an evil last night, protecting me is of no benefit to the village whatsoever..

You know this seems to happen alot in the phalla's I'm in, the vig reveals himself, and everyone sits there bickering about whether or not he might be good or what, while the evil team sits back and enjoys, luckily I'm usually evil so I dont have anything to worry about, but when it happens now its kind of frustrating. What exactly do people have against forming a network, as opposed to staying in the dark and shooting randomly?

I suggest you reread this.

crimsoncoyote on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Contacting Brian means he probably won't kill you. That's kind of important for specials.

Of course, he could still be a neutral, which is the risk of contacting him.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009
    He said he was Terry Bogard, and the narration backs that up. (Buster Wolf is one of Terry's moves.)

Terry is one of The Main Good Guys in the series, so... he's probably not a neutral. (My knowledge of the series is going to get me in trouble again, yeah?)

Kay2 on
    edited February 2009
    There's still plenty of people around. Plus, there's the people that duel.

EDIT: I'm just saying that EB doesn't need the guard to contact him. He just needs to be smart about his kills.

crimsoncoyote on
    edited February 2009

EDIT: I'm just saying that EB doesn't need the guard to contact him. He just needs to be smart about his kills.
    Yes, because it's very clear who is the guard and who is bad. No chance at all for there to be a misfiring :|.

Anyways, if the narration backed him up, then I see no reason why the guard shouldn't contact him? Seems silly not to.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited February 2009

Yes, because it's very clear who is the guard and who is bad. No chance at all for there to be a misfiring :|.

Anyways, if the narration backed him up, then I see no reason why the guard shouldn't contact him? Seems silly not to.

Kime knows ALL ABOUT misfiring Vigilantes, don't you Kime?

Kay2 on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What's the problem, Geese? Are you too Coward to answer my challenge? Fight me!

As for the guardian problem we seem to have at the moment, perhaps Andrew Ryan was he. His character was the only one who showed up as not green or red in the narration, so perhaps we also lost a special last night.

And since we don't have a lot of information at the moment, I'm going out on a limb and putting my vote on !Stick Stickson.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh I'll so accept your challenge Kime, soon we'll see who's evil. I'll finish you off once I win my match with T_R.

I'm serving all these kids hadoukens for lunch, and yes, I mean like 3 square meals daily.:whistle:

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited February 2009

If you pay attention and read posts enough, you end up recognizing suspicious behavior well. Which makes your aim "better".

crimsoncoyote on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I feel like Andrew Ryan was a neutral, if only because of which character he was.

jackisreal on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know if anyone's asked this before but...
    Do bare knuckle fights take place before or after the vote?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited February 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone's asked this before but...
    Do bare knuckle fights take place before or after the vote?

After.

Burnage on
    edited February 2009

Kime knows ALL ABOUT misfiring Vigilantes, don't you Kime?

I have no idea what you are talking about! (Really though, I think I'm just a bad special :|. In the Haruhi MiniPhalla that just ended, I only got a successful action in one single day out of the entire game :(. . .)

And cc, yeah, I know what you mean. But that doesn't change the fact that Brian had a very good reason for asking a guard to contact him (as opposed to just protect him). It's day 2, there's not a tremendous amount of stuff to use for post analysis and whatnot. Yes, he can make some good educated guesses, and yes, that will improve his aim. But that doesn't change the fact that there is still a decent chance he will kill a good special if they don't contact him.

There's also still the chance he's a neutral, but apparently based off his character that's a less likely scenario. I'm not seeing much of a reason for the guard, then, to not contact Brian (as well as every other special). And I see a reason for the guard (and others) to do so (to prevent misfirings).

TehSloth, you are going down!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !TehSloth, so I get my chance at REVENGE!!!!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Maximus. Even if he has a vote shield (and he probably does), it's a handy thing to know.

The Lord of Hats on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Have I not voted for Maximus yet? I love votes for bad guys that also help save my ass.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited February 2009
    Maximus is a clear first, right?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yea, he was clearly in first earlier and there have been more votes for him than anyone else since then. I would say there is a comfortable buffer.

I also think it goes without saying that anyone with an ability should probably target him as well. Unless there is another boss type in here, he is the biggest not to mention only revealed threat.

Sticks on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !Maximus time for you to die evil guy!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    !TehSloth for 2nd place and !The_reflection - care to dance?

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
    edited February 2009
    I think that !Maximus was immune to the vote, and thus a waste. BUT THE VOTE MUST FLOW. Besides, at this rate, it's not like voting for anyone else will do anything but put them in second place.

Kay2 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If there's a vigilante concerned with Maximus, don't be.

If the outcome of fights affects him same as everyone else, tonight, he will be dealt with.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That's assuming he actually loses any of those fights. I used to play SNK stuff quite a bit, and some of the later bosses are cheesier than Wisconsin.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    He will lose this one.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited February 2009
    I hope so. Want me to update the vote and challenge count, long as I have a little time?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I hope so. Want me to update the vote and challenge count, long as I have a little time?

Yes! :D

jackisreal on
    edited February 2009
    Okay, latest vote count as of post #360:

Maximus has 10 votes.

TehSloth has 5 votes.

Sticks has 1 vote.

Challenge List:

Element Brian has challenged Sticks, who has NOT accepted.

kime has challenged TehSloth, who HAS accepted.

kuhlmeye, Witch Doctor DBM, and cj iwakura have all challenged Maximus, but Maximus has only accepted challenges from kuhlmeye and cj iwakura. He has NOT accepted Witch Doctor DBM's challenge.

FrostMist has challenged The_Reflection, who has NOT accepted.

Three people have not voted: crimsoncoyote, abotkin, and the_reflection.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png