Options

[Chat]GuberKABLOOOOOOM

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If Feral or VThornhart are around, I've updated my Access 2007 thread in H/A. Or, anyone else into helping me learn about databases and Access.

LaOs on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guys. I think I got my mojo back.

Not that mojo. The other one.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    So I fly out for Greenland tonight. Last few hours in civilization. My tour was pushed out to 5 months. :(

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    you mean all i have to do to avoid jury duty is move to arkansas and claim to be atheist?

sweet.
    Nah, it's unenforceable, and not just in the practical sense.

way to ruin my day.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Irond Will wrote: »
    So I fly out for Greenland tonight. Last few hours in civilization. My tour was pushed out to 5 months. :(

Five months? Holy hell (frozen), that's a long time. Good luck, Will. And be sure to let us know you're still alive.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

Five months? Holy hell (frozen), that's a long time. Good luck, Will. And be sure to let us know you're still alive.

Yeah - I should have at least some internet access, so we'll see how it works out. I know that bandwidth is pretty limited, so I don't know how much I can do in terms of posting pictures or anything.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

D:

Greenland is the one that isn't green isn't it?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That suck so hard dude

Try to, I dunno, stay warm, and stuff

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bummer, dude. Make some snowmen, I guess.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    The rash of stories like this recently has really made me want to start taking photos of public places.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

Yeah - I should have at least some internet access, so we'll see how it works out. I know that bandwidth is pretty limited, so I don't know how much I can do in terms of posting pictures or anything.

Oh, don't worry about that. We know what cold and dark looks like. :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fuck this isn't working, I suck so hard at making resumes

I would suggest finding one you like on the internet and 'reinterpreting' it with your own information. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Also be sure to customize all of your skills and interests to match the job in question. It might feel a little like lying, but how else are they supposed to know that you are the EXACT RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB!

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I hear there isn't actually much snow where I'm going. Apparently it's too cold for water to evaporate into the air or something. It's right on the ocean, but the humidity is near zero.

God damn, I probably won't even see the sun for a month or so. I'm afraid it's going to be like living on the surface of the moon.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good luck Will!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I hear there isn't actually much snow where I'm going. Apparently it's too cold for water to evaporate into the air or something. It's right on the ocean, but the humidity is near zero.

God damn, I probably won't even see the sun for a month or so. I'm afraid it's going to be like living on the surface of the moon.

Too cold to snow doesn't sound... appealing.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I reread I.iv of Being in Time again today and it totally clicked and it was like an epiphany. Heidegger is so damn amazing. Totally the best Nazi ever.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    basic_tech was a Morlock alt?

Damn, I really did not see that one coming. Morlock is getting better at this. For all basic_tech was dead wrong he really toned down Morlock's usual Wild Claims.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In Finnish newspapers today: a mother and her son kidnapped their neighbors and kept them prisoner for 10 hours, beating them up and waterboarding them because they thought they had stolen their credit card.

Then they found the missing card on their own table. And now they're going to prison.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    gotta go! important meeting with people that don't understand.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's hard to fit all this stuff on one page and I haven't even done all that much

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

QI said that this is not actually possible, for it to be too cold to snow.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bob! Why is Plato such a beautiful writer, but he makes Socrates speak so fucking abstrusely? Motherfucker speaks in like 18 clause sentences!

I know why, but still :P

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009

That's why I am usually happy when it's lightly snowing, because the light snow isn't much of a problem and it means it's warm enough to snow!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Bob! Why is Plato such a beautiful writer, but he makes Socrates speak so fucking abstrusely? Motherfucker speaks in like 18 clause sentences!

I know why, but still :P

'cos he hates you.

It's the universal truth :P

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

That's why I am usually happy when it's lightly snowing, because the light snow isn't much of a problem and it means it's warm enough to snow!

It's 71F out today :)

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    In Finnish newspapers today: a mother and her son kidnapped their neighbors and kept them prisoner for 10 hours, beating them up and waterboarding them because they thought they had stolen their credit card.

Then they found the missing card on their own table. And now they're going to prison.

Someone felt pretty dumb that day.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If Feral or VThornhart are around, I've updated my Access 2007 thread in H/A. Or, anyone else into helping me learn about databases and Access.

Having just completed the transition from database programmer to statistical programmer I'm loath to get into the technical details. But I would like to share an invaluable resource from my past.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/index.php

These guys are awesome. It replaced the PA forums for me while I was learning the database ropes. Somewhere I've also got a link to a pretty in depth discourse on normalization. I'll see if I can dig it up. But those guys are heroes. And they are pretty attentive/helpful.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Will, I'll miss you.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    seriously, guys, you gotta love
    The "I" must be understood only in the sense of a noncommittal formal indication of something which perhaps reveals itself in the actual phenomenal context of being as that being's "opposite." Then "not I" by no means signifies something like a being which is essentially lacking "I-hood," but means a definite mode of being of the "I" itself; for example, having lost [or not yet found] itself.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    seriously will

post in [chat] more

<3<3<3

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The "I" must be understood only in the sense of a noncommittal formal indication of something which perhaps reveals itself in the actual phenomenal context of being as that being's "opposite." Then "not I" by no means signifies something like a being which is essentially lacking "I-hood," but means a definite mode of being of the "I" itself; for example, having lost [or not yet found] itself.

Seems to be a pretty self-centered dude.
    ;-)

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

It's 71F out today :)
    It is -5 today.

-5 Fahrenheit!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's actually the exact opposite, Haps. That's what makes it so tricky to really grasp -- that MYSELF is never given to me first, that I always substitute my own personal subjective self with the OTHER, that the giveness of the I is actually hidden in the other.

Basically, we are always whiney teenagers who want to be like everyone else until we fully grasp our authentic existence.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Having just completed the transition from database programmer to statistical programmer I'm loath to get into the technical details. But I would like to share an invaluable resource from my past.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/index.php

These guys are awesome. It replaced the PA forums for me while I was learning the database ropes. Somewhere I've also got a link to a pretty in depth discourse on normalization. I'll see if I can dig it up. But those guys are heroes. And they are pretty attentive/helpful.

They're like the Mr.Excel forums of Access? Sweet!

Thanks.

LaOs on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Is he coming on to I?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It is -5 today.
    -5 Fahrenheit!

D:

BobCesca on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jaffa Cakes are the finest of man's inventions.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's hard to fit all this stuff on one page and I haven't even done all that much

Don't stress too much about fitting everything on one page. While that's good, its not essential. And not everyone agrees on that. I would say put everything IMPORTANT on the first page. Goals, Skills, Interests. If your time as assistant-manager of weaniehut 4 jobs back spills onto the back page... maybe thats ok? Throw the references back there too. Try to keep it well below two pages though.

also if it helps, provide less detail on positions in your not so recent history... just a few thoughts.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's actually the exact opposite, Haps. That's what makes it so tricky to really grasp -- that MYSELF is never given to me first, that I always substitute my own personal subjective self with the OTHER, that the giveness of the I is actually hidden in the other.

Basically, we are always whiney teenagers who want to be like everyone else until we fully grasp our authentic existence.

Wow, ok. Reading it again I can see it. My grasp on your funny language isn't good enough for philosophy.

Haphazard on
This discussion has been closed.