DC Comics Solicitations for May 2009

2»

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    because it's fucking Hitman and shut your god damn mouth

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm tired of shitty futures. Why can't everything ever be completely fine several decades from now, and the only problem they face is that they've made a cake so big that it'll take the heroes of past, present, and future to finish?

Manhunter kind of did this

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    SECRET SIX #9
    Written by Gail Simone
    Art by Nicola Scott & Doug Hazlewood
    Cover by Nicola Scott
    Not one, but two members of the Secret Six feel they deserve to wear Batman's cowl, and they return to Gotham City with a semi-delusional Ragdoll determined to be the new Boy Wonder! Unfortunately, everybody in Gotham has other plans!
    On sale May 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

yessss

This will be awesome. Can't wait. Was hoping theyd have another showdown between Catman and Batman before he died (theres no real timeline in S6, so thought they could have had a confrontation when they got back to Gotham), but this should be just as good. Be interesting to see Bane's reaction as well.

KVW on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    KVW wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    SECRET SIX #9
    Written by Gail Simone
    Art by Nicola Scott & Doug Hazlewood
    Cover by Nicola Scott
    Not one, but two members of the Secret Six feel they deserve to wear Batman's cowl, and they return to Gotham City with a semi-delusional Ragdoll determined to be the new Boy Wonder! Unfortunately, everybody in Gotham has other plans!
    On sale May 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

yessss

This will be awesome. Can't wait. Was hoping theyd have another showdown between Catman and Batman before he died (theres no real timeline in S6, so thought they could have had a confrontation when they got back to Gotham), but this should be just as good. Be interesting to see Bane's reaction as well.

Catman fighting Bane for the right to be Batman is going to be the manliest thing ever.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rans wrote: »
    argh why is there no Green Lantern solicit for May

you'd think that we weren't building up to some epic storyline

Delays. GL #41 was meant to come out in April, they've pushed it back to May.

Anyway, eh. Still no Planetary, what the fuck is wrong with Cassaday?

Oracle solicits are annoying, since they've already made it clear that Oracle will be in the Batgirl book (so she's not dying) and that she wouldn't be called Oracle afterwards (so probably not in a wheelchair). So who wants to guess which character 'gains ultimate knowledge' and which one dies?

Also, was I the only one that didn't like Batman's cameo in Secret Six? It just felt dumb, like Gail Simone was portraying Batman as a total idiot and was trying to make her characters look awesome in comparison. I'm still looking forward to the BftC tie-in though.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't think the Batman cameo was bad. It showed that Catman had grown, but didn't do so at Batman's expense.

And maybe his voice was off a little, but compared to Cacophony it's not a real big deal.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Every time I see a new Booster Gold solicitation I feel disappointed. It's like they're trying to make it the most rote, by-the-numbers time travel book possible; okay, here's Booster in cowboy times, here he is in World War I, and now here's some space race stuff. The cowboy stuff at least worked because it was fun to see Booster bounce off Jonah Hex, and the Giffen/communist Russia stuff could be interesting if it involves a precursor to the Rocket Reds turning up, but eugh.

There's so many interesting eras both past and future in the DCU that he could be romping through, but instead it's all this stuff that could just as easily be seen in any number of time travel stories not set in the DCU.

Munch on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    FINAL CRISIS COMPANION TP
    Written by Grant Morrison, Peter J. Tomasi, Greg Rucka & Eric Trautmann and Len Wein
    Art by Doug Mahnke, Ryan Sook and others
    Cover by J.G. Jones
    As the FINAL CRISIS rages on, some of DC’s biggest heroes battle evil in this collection of important supporting issues! Featuring FINAL CRISIS #1: director’s cut, FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM #1, FINAL CRISIS: RESIST #1 and FINAL CRISIS: SECRET FILES #1!
    Advance-solicited; on sale June 10 • 160 pg, FC, $19.99 US

After checking Amazon, the Final Crisis HC page count is going to be 352. I guess this means Superman Beyond and Submit are now included, which leads me to believe that there is someone working at DC that isn't retarded.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ABSOLUTE DEATH!!!

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, that Dance cover got trippy.

fc_dnce_cv1.jpg

What cover is this series for?

kfrooster on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    It is series of Final Crisis::::Dance?!! :)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    :mrgreen:

Rans on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rans wrote: »
    laughing at the JLA cover

do you think after Benes completes covers he pats himself on the back with satisfaction and says "Ahhh, my 30th JLA cover with the team all knocked out. And this is the best one yet."

I'm having a hard time believing that he or the editors aren't stopping themselves to think, "Hey, wait, haven't we one this one already?"

Lux on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    HITMAN VOL. 1: A RAGE IN ARKHAM NEW PRINTING TP
    Written by Garth Ennis
    Art and cover by John McCrea
    The cult hit from writer Garth Ennis (PREACHER) returns! Rediscover the story of Tommy Monaghan, an ex-military operative who has set himself up as a hired gun on the back streets of Gotham City. Collects THE DEMON ANNUAL #2, THE BATMAN CHRONICLES #4 and HITMAN #1-3!
    Advance-solicited; on sale June 17 • 144 pg, FC, $14.99 US
    Thank heavens, finally.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Holy shit. I thought the day would never come.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hi, artists using Batgirl? We need to talk.

bftc_net_cv1.jpg

amecomibg.jpg

:|

Wildcat on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Is that...is that Ragman? Holy shit x2!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Batgirl looks like an amalgamation between Batman (manly head), Calista Flockheart (anorexic body), and Power Girl (freakishly big chest)

Teth on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't think the Batman cameo was bad. It showed that Catman had grown, but didn't do so at Batman's expense.

And maybe his voice was off a little, but compared to Cacophony it's not a real big deal.

Really? I thought it DID do it at Batman's expense. Not only did the Secret Six completely outsmart him but Catman was beating the crap out of him for a while. It just seemed like it was written to, in wrestling terms, put Catman over and try to make him look like a total badass.

Though I do agree that it's still better than Cacophony.

As for the Batgirl covers, I'm just glad that she's not lying on the ground with a bullet in her head. Her appearing on that actually gives me hope that she's not going to die and that the new Batgirl series will follow her... I know Barbara is going to be in it as well but maybe she'll be in more of a mentor role to Batgirl... Hopefully...

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    1st one is, yeah, waaaay too out there. She looks like a guy cosplaying as Batgirl.

However, I kind of like that 2nd one. I'd color in the flesh areas, but it's cool enough for funk.

Tach on