Options

[Outdated On] TF2 Thread: The Lockening.

• Options
    Gin Soacked BoyGin Soacked Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    linky please. Im geting more and more confused here.

Gin Soacked Boy on
    Under the influence

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Usually enough people do stuff to piss me off when I play medic that I'll end up with only 2-3 people left to heal.

I ain't healing anybody that acts a fool.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Last night, I noticed a medic that absolutely refused to heal me. I don't know if he healed anybody else, but I stared at him calling "MEDIC", standing still, and I watched him as he looked at me with his bonesaw out, then proceeded to run away saying, "No".

As much fun as I've been having playing Scout since the update (I feel a lot better about how I perform), I'm looking forward to getting my next achievement, which will unlock the Bonk! and free me up to go back to my main class. There's just no getting around it; Medics win games.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yay, finished off the scout unlocks last night. Capped it off with finally getting moonshot.
    I guess I was underestimating just how far I needed to send that thing.
    So I finally just started batting those suckers out at the start of badwater basin arced to go up and over the hills, reloading from the resupply closet.

I'll have to expiriment with the Bonk drink a bit next.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can't believe anyone could actually feel insulted by the in-character "TF Announcer" post instead of just going "haha, oh she so crazy!"

These people must have been crying in shame at the end of Portal when GLaDOS was admonishing them for being awful.

Asiina on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kupi wrote: »
    Last night, I noticed a medic that absolutely refused to heal me. I don't know if he healed anybody else, but I stared at him calling "MEDIC", standing still, and I watched him as he looked at me with his bonesaw out, then proceeded to run away saying, "No".

As much fun as I've been having playing Scout since the update (I feel a lot better about how I perform), I'm looking forward to getting my next achievement, which will unlock the Bonk! and free me up to go back to my main class. There's just no getting around it; Medics win games.

yeah we we're rolling people last night

they were like quit rolling us

i was like, you have no medics, we have 3

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to take a break.

I just had one of those TF2 dreams. Job was complaining that everytime he makes a change in the server, someone whines, so I joined the server (mentally) to yell at everyone. Except, I'm just as I am now with no weapons. So I yell at Asiina to give me a weapon and she calls me awful. Then I see flippy and I guess I got him so angry he tried to strangle me. He charged me and then tripped on the ground. I'm pretty sure I was laughing. I took out a handkerchief and suffocated him. Then he respawned and tried to strangle me again.

And then I changed the map and after it was done loading I woke up.

critangst.jpg

tyrannus on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

I forget the guy's name. Even worse was he was healing me, when I was already a medic.

He wouldn't heal anyone else on the team except the other medic.

Fucking Griefer.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PatboyX wrote: »

I completely sucked at Medic last night. To the point where I was left alone to a friendly Medic, both undeployed, circling one another until we were murdered mercifully.
    But I would like to point out that while I may unintentionally ignore someone or fail the team, I would not look at a player demanding help and run from them.

I think he may have just been fucking around, I ran into him spy crabbing on the next match, and broke the golden rule and axtinguished him for my own self satisfaction.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I simply call this next set..

"Horror Movie".

cp_dustbowl0133.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0135.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0136.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0137.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0138.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0139.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0140.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0141.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0142.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0143.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0144.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0146.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0156.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0157.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0155.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0162.jpg

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Spy's face is horrifying.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Does the spy have an actual head beneath that mask? Like the soldiers has eyes.

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm not reviving that thread.

In order, I would prefer

1) Everything unlocked by default, achievements just for fun.
    2) A statement that using an unlocker is a-ok.
    3) A consistently enforced ban on unlockers.
    4) A sometimes enforced ban on unlockers.

I'm not a huge fan of being forced to take the safe road and use a horrid achievements server while some get away scot-free using the officially frowned upon unlocker.

For the Pyro and Heavy updates it wasn't too bad. Getting all of the achievements in normal play didn't take too long. But with the scout one there are bugged achievements (use the FAN to cause an environmental death, start capping a point as soon as it's unlocked) as well as achievements that are basically impossible to get in normal play (cause an environmental death with the Sandman stun, hit someone with the sandman taunt, cap the intel without firing a shot, cap the intel 3 times in a round), encourage bad play (block a point capture a lot, kill people while ubered) and grindy achievements (25 caps, 50 blocks, 2004 kills, 25 stuns on ubercharge, 50 stun kills, run 25 km). There's enough annoying to obtain achievements that I still only had the awful Force-A-Nature after 7 hours of play. I was playing scout even when I was sick of it, just to try and get achievements. That's when I just gave up and joined an achievements server.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Then I see flippy and I guess I got him so angry he tried to strangle me. He charged me and then tripped on the ground. I'm pretty sure I was laughing. I took out a handkerchief and suffocated him.
    D:

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

haha, maybe it was a spy?

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Then I see flippy and I guess I got him so angry he tried to strangle me. He charged me and then tripped on the ground. I'm pretty sure I was laughing. I took out a handkerchief and suffocated him.
    D:

Edcrab watched

tyrannus on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    I'm going to take a break.

I just had one of those TF2 dreams. Job was complaining that everytime he makes a change in the server, someone whines, so I joined the server (mentally) to yell at everyone. Except, I'm just as I am now with no weapons. So I yell at Asiina to give me a weapon and she calls me awful. Then I see flippy and I guess I got him so angry he tried to strangle me. He charged me and then tripped on the ground. I'm pretty sure I was laughing. I took out a handkerchief and suffocated him. Then he respawned and tried to strangle me again.

And then I changed the map and after it was done loading I woke up.

IM]

Ironically, that must have been the one time Valve's "Cancel" button actually worked...

Edit... you said "done loading"... my b

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »

haha, maybe it was a spy?

I was a pyro, and I checked him... So I'm pretty sure he was just being a dick.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

"Horror Movie".
    cp_dustbowl0133.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0135.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0136.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0137.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0138.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0139.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0140.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0141.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0142.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0143.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0144.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0146.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0156.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0157.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0155.jpg
    cp_dustbowl0162.jpg

The last image is the best.

Peewi on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    For the Pyro and Heavy updates it wasn't too bad. Getting all of the achievements in normal play didn't take too long. But with the scout one there are bugged achievements (use the FAN to cause an environmental death, start capping a point as soon as it's unlocked) as well as achievements that are basically impossible to get in normal play (cause an environmental death with the Sandman stun, hit someone with the sandman taunt, cap the intel without firing a shot, cap the intel 3 times in a round), encourage bad play (block a point capture a lot, kill people while ubered) and grindy achievements (25 caps, 50 blocks, 2004 kills, 25 stuns on ubercharge, 50 stun kills, run 25 km). There's enough annoying to obtain achievements that I still only had the awful Force-A-Nature after 7 hours of play. I was playing scout even when I was sick of it, just to try and get achievements. That's when I just gave up and joined an achievements server.

This is what I don't get. People are all "ZOMG IT ONLY TAKES LIKE A DAY OR TWO TO GET THEM" and I have to wonder if they're talking about like 48 straight hours of play, if they're talking about farming them, or if they honestly just managed to get them after as little as four hours of "normal" play (which is all many people have time for in two days). If it's that last, then I guess they must really just be fuckawesome Scouts, or something.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

"Horror Movie".

[snip]

Nice work, Zoidberg. I love the faceposing when he first notices the spy.

This is a character I have been tooling around with for a few months now, after finding that giant blue mining helmet in the Gmod resources. If you guys like them, I can always post more.

You_Shall_Not_Pass_by_IosifTheEngineer.jpg

Meet_the_Iosif_by_IosifTheEngineer.jpg

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    rest assured, no admin on the PA servers will give two craps about whether or not you used the unlocker.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    D:

Edcrab watched

Hot.

Asiina on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »

This is what I don't get. People are all "ZOMG IT ONLY TAKES LIKE A DAY OR TWO TO GET THEM" and I have to wonder if they're talking about like 48 straight hours of play, if they're talking about farming them, or if they honestly just managed to get them after as little as four hours of "normal" play (which is all many people have time for in two days). If it's that last, then I guess they must really just be fuckawesome Scouts, or something.

I'm up to 32 achievements, but I've played over 40 hours in the past 2 weeks, so don't listen to me.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love the expression on the Heavy as he lifts his helmet up. Also the minigun box on wheels is great.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I love the expression on the Heavy as he lifts his helmet up. Also the minigun box on wheels is great.

Thanks. It is the pinnacle of Soviet engineering, with very complex inner workings:
    Field_Repairs_by_IosifTheEngineer.jpg

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    rest assured, no admin on the PA servers will give two craps about whether or not you used the unlocker.

I care.
    Not really.

GreenPowerRanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I care.
    Not really.

achievements.jpg

Knuckle Dragger on

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to suggest changing the number of wins until scramble on JonXP's server to 3 rather than 2. 2 wins means scrambling happens all the time and there's barely any time to get to know your team or find a good class mix. Also I think the maps should last a little bit longer. It's really annoying to play like 2 rounds, sit one out and plan for revenge, then have the map change after like 7 minutes.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to suggest changing the number of wins until scramble on JonXP's server to 3 rather than 2. 2 wins means scrambling happens all the time and there's barely any time to get to know your team or find a good class mix. Also I think the maps should last a little bit longer. It's really annoying to play like 2 rounds, sit one out and plan for revenge, then have the map change after like 7 minutes.

It's a tough balance, though, because at least back in the day Arena had a tendency to kill a server. I think the reason Jon gets away with running some utterly reviled maps is that he runs them for short durations, so people don't have time to get sick of them and leave (see: 2fort, ctf_well).

I'd love to see some more Arena, but I guess I'll just have to keep searching for a good Arena pub for that.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    One fun experience with the Sandman at the start of Badwater Basin. I was on defense and was trying to bonk a heavy at the bottom of the hill near their spawn with the ball. But I kind of turned weird right before hitting it and it went right into one of our own soldiers. It bonked him and even played a voice clip that said "Sorry, didn't mean to hit you with that". So it took me a second to realize that the fact it did anything to him meant he was a spy.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Egypt is way too one-sided. It's like one team wins each round (either defense or offense), and the other just can't do anything

Unless, for some insane reason, both teams are even, then it's basically a stalemate. It's kinda like Dustbowl 3-2, except with six points.

MrDelish on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there an archive of these PA comics? I've only caught the last few pages and they're really amusing.

In actual game talk, how am I supposed to be using the FAN? It actually turned out to be really dissapointing, after all the hyperbolic descriptive text from the Valve promo material I was expecting the Scout to be sent flying. It just turns out its a double jump in gun form?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    definitely worse than the normal double jump, unless I was just using it completely wrong

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The FaN takes a bit of getting used to. If you're not using the sandman with it you can make a number of jumps you couldnt have before that can be pretty handy. When killing with it you generally want to have your feet on the ground. jumping about and shooting with it just does not work so great.
    It does work well in a hit and run capacity. Just dont stick around the enemy while you wait for the reload, run in take your shots run out and circle back around to them from a hopefully unexpected direction.

The quick two shots is pretty good at dropping a sniper you come across before they realize someone's on them. Always try and remember to reload if you only use 1 shot. The knockback can be handy against pyros and if you're behind or flanking them heavies.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    MrDelish wrote: »
    definitely worse than the normal double jump, unless I was just using it completely wrong

Vertically it doesnt get you too far. Horizontally it can give you a pretty good push if you can get the run, jump, turn and fire down well. It helps lessen the sting of losing double jump somewhat with sandman but not completely. It can be used for evasive manuevers a bit as well, just not as easily as double jump was.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    akajaybay wrote: »
    MrDelish wrote: »

Vertically it doesnt get you too far. Horizontally it can give you a pretty good push if you can get the run, jump, turn and fire down well. It helps lessen the sting of losing double jump somewhat with sandman but not completely. It can be used for evasive manuevers a bit as well, just not as easily as double jump was.

Someone told me that it does not matter vertically how you shoot it, it will always push you up. Even if you shoot straight up. It only matters which direction you're facing so it'll push you up and back the opposite direction, is this so?

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    c4tchc4tch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "failed to connect to irc.slashnet - too many connections from your IP"

this shit always happens on mibbit when i try logging in from work.

c4tch on
    League of Legends: firecane
  • Options
    c4tchc4tch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    also wtf is up with...

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/results.htm

but uh... it takes 16 for sandman and 22 for bonk!... explain?

c4tch on
    League of Legends: firecane
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    c4tch wrote: »
    also wtf is up with...

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/results.htm

but uh... it takes 16 for sandman and 22 for bonk!... explain?

the explanation is that Valve are perfect and your math is erroneous

MrDelish on
This discussion has been closed.