As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Tournament - UNC is victorious!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OMG!

So damn close.

bets on that Mendez-Valdez kid being recruited majorly by some of the bigger schools out there?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just rewound it since CBS went to the TX-Duke game immediately. They were so thinking 'outside shot' and collapsed 18-20 feet out - sliced right by and no one was left to guard him.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ohgod ohgod ohgod......

c'mon c'mon c'mon....

I don't know who I'm rooting for but somebody c'mon

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Damion James must owe the rim money. Both that 3 and the putback were shots that go in 80% of the time.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    man my heart is just breaking for Texas.....

So...

Can Nova beat Duke?

I say, Yes.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hope so.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    as long as the Nova from today shows up and not the one from the first 30 minutes of thursday's game, they will roll duke

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sweet - third place in the PA Group.

The Judge on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That's what I'm hoping, Bale....

Anyways, been nice hanging guys, but I got work in the morning.

Night!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Up to fifth myself. If Maryland had won instead of Memphis I would have had a great day.

Real bracket I did not make that pick so had a damn good day, only game I missed was Illinois over the Zags (stupid Hilltoppers).

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Up to fifth myself. If Maryland had won instead of Memphis I would have had a great day.

Real bracket I did not make that pick so had a damn good day, only game I missed was Illinois over the Zags (stupid Hilltoppers).
    WKU went to the sweet sixteen last year, didn't they? It's not as though it was entirely unexpected.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Wow, you are making the East region your bitch.

The Judge on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Duffel wrote: »

WKU went to the sweet sixteen last year, didn't they? It's not as though it was entirely unexpected.

I'm a Big Ten homer. Picked all of them to win a game except Minny I think.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

WKU was probably the most popular upset pick, especially with Charlie Frazier not playing

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009

They lost their 2 best players off that team, though. Courtney Lee is in the NBA, and Tyrone Brazelton graduated. Apparently they're just really deep at guard, because both Slaughter and Mendez-Valdez were terrific.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh also, two things just briefly:

Tim Brando needs to shut the fuck up. He is an awful awful announcer and was giving Griffin the Tebow treatment tonight and then ended the game by saying how he had scored a "quiet 32." Idiot.

Also, Manny Harris gets less calls and Griffin gets more...sigh.

If Harris actually gets to play that game, I think it comes down to free throws.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, a tie for 5th. My personal tiebreaker mid-tourney is who has the more intact bracket.

Which Yahoo has neatly done for us, so you're 6th, I'm 7th.

visiblehowl is 2nd and 4th.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well after the 3rd day I'm doing alright with my picks, up at 5th in the D&D contest. Now tomorrow my big money is riding on the Marquette game. Hopefully McNeal and Matthews both show up, should be a good game if that happens.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    QonasQonas Detroit, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just want to see the Arizona/Cleveland State battle of the overachieving scrubs.

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility. - President Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Looks like we get a Blake Griffin/Eric Devendorf posing douche-off in the Sweet Sixteen.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Qonas wrote: »
    I just want to see the Arizona/Cleveland State battle of the overachieving scrubs.

Arizona is hardly an overachiever, they are supremely talented they are actually huge underachievers for only barely making it into the tournament

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    They backed into the tournament. They're overachieving. Note: I hate the Pac-10. :D

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility. - President Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh God, Wisconsin basketball. We're playing in the forties today.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Geez, Kansas with some dominant defense today.

Good showing by Wisconsin, as one of the last at-large teams to get in.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Go Oklahoma State!

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Bah, Wisconsin's inability to shoot the ball ruined my perfect East Region.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And James is already in the game for Marquette, he seems to be moving just fine. This could work out well.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, Dominic James doing this Wolverine impression could screw up a lot of brackets. They're not a 6 seed with James.

Also, I have no idea why the announcers keep saying Leonard Washington of USC is a Trojan football player also. That's news to me, and probably to Pete Carroll as well.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »
    Yeah, Dominic James doing this Wolverine impression could screw up a lot of brackets. They're not a 6 seed with James.

Also, I have no idea why the announcers keep saying Leonard Washington of USC is a Trojan football player also. That's news to me, and probably to Pete Carroll as well.

Yeah, they're an Elite Eight team with a healthy James.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I like how Len Elmore just arbitrarily changes facts in order to accomodate his pregame talking points, he's suddenly turned Demar Derozan into a guard.

I think SC can take it if they can get Taj Gibson involved in the 2nd half. Floyd is a master of defensive gimmicks that make it hard for any offense to find a rythymn.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Damnit Gibson! You got 4 fouls, just let the rebound go when you're boxed out.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    In the Siena/Louisville game, could the refs seriously stop picking on the white nerdy guy from Siena? There's no way he was fouling THAT much in a two minute period. Unless that was just the refs' "shit gotta bail out Louisville" mode.

Qonas on
    banner_default.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, SC certainly had their chances down the stretch.

Let's go Siena!

BubbaT on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think people are booing in the Mizz Marquette game 'cause they don't think he was injured, not 'cause they don't get the rule.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah that's a BS rule. In the NBA the rule is if you can't shoot the FT, the other team's coach gets to choose who shoots it. The college rule is ripe for abuse anytime a bad FT shooter gets fouled, he can just fake being hurt and the coach can sub in the team's best FT shooter.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Qonas wrote: »
    In the Siena/Louisville game, could the refs seriously stop picking on the white nerdy guy from Siena? There's no way he was fouling THAT much in a two minute period. Unless that was just the refs' "shit gotta bail out Louisville" mode.

Worked for Oklahoma.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Shrieking EmuShrieking Emu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to sign up for the Marquette coach's fan club.

Shrieking Emu on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »
    Yeah that's a BS rule. In the NBA the rule is if you can't shoot the FT, the other team's coach gets to choose who shoots it. The college rule is ripe for abuse anytime a bad FT shooter gets fouled, he can just fake being hurt and the coach can sub in the team's best FT shooter.

You'll note they replaced him with a worse FT shooter. 68% to I think the injured guy's 74.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    OklahomacityOklahomacity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, good season from the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Great game by them and Pitt. If James Anderson and Coach Ford stay in Stillwater you can expect the pokes to be perennials in the tourney once again.

Oklahomacity on