Options

[CLUSTERFUCK ON] Wurm Online: PVP-Free Server Is Up, Again. Run for it!

• Options
    FriendFriend Registered User new member
    edited February 2009
    thorgot wrote: »
    Friend wrote: »
    Hi!!!

I somehow stumbled into this forum, when googling for ahkenaten. I am the mayor of CV (a wild village)

I see some enthousiasm here for wurm. Thorgot lives in Ahkenaten and CV at same time. If you guys need a good place to live, or use as a litle startout base, i think you should try to contact Ahkenaten mayor "Flinter" or trough thorgot.

I also run the town of Mount Awesome, where thorgot used to live in, in the past. You are all welcome to join Mount awesome if Ahkenaten doesnt work out. And an other option is to live in Port Isengard on the North West coast of JK homeserver.

Hope to see you all in game on the premium servers at some point. Lets kill some MR cowards together ;)

Your kind isn't welcome here, and I'll make sure everyone knows to ignore you from here on out, good luck being scum.

I hear switching to MR is worth 2s, Amikron!

Sweet! MR 2s gogo!!

Friend on
  • Options
    GalielmusGalielmus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    We are such bad people...

3271286367_91578aed80_o.jpg

Galielmus on
  • Options
    TrinisTrinis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Here you go wurm fans:

3272233052_3a4d61f248_o.jpg

so mine the green parts, don't mine the red parts, and enjoy this beauty.

edit > i guess i should clarify this is the beware creepy cavern halfway up the mountain

Trinis on
  • Options
    TamorlaneTamorlane Gnnr The Halls of MontezumaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Your map-fu is strong.

Tamorlane on
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    who do we still have playing this?

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    On GV or on the big boy side?

Tamorlane on
  • Options
    TrinisTrinis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    From what I know it's down to me, you (gnome), amikron and a few that don't play much like max (themarshall) and ziriki.

So that means it's time for a new thread?

Seriously though I think we have bled PA dead of wurm talent.

Trinis on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    *raises hand*

Still on GV. Feeling lonelier by the minute.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm on at least an hour a day. Except for today, though.

Food on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm around, real life just keeps catching up with me.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm still hoping to get back into this, however the combination of RE5 demo + other cool reasons to play my PS3 again ate a bit of my time, then I got some L4D/TF2 in the mix as well.

If nothing else I'll log in and drop all my gear somewhere in base camp - I also need to hand over the gatehouse writ to the gold mine, which is probably decaying rapidly as we speak :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How dare you!

I mean come back

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How dare you!

I mean come back

I vote for real life interference.

Noquar on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wurm200902161509.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, it seems that I find myself managing far too many properties. In the wake of the totally fictitious economic downturn, I have decided to offer up some choice coastal properties at well below market prices.

First up is the pristine and legendary eastern fortress of the fabled Southern Island, Ft. Arcadia. Raised upon the eastern cliff, overlooking the vassal island of Cernunnos Ara, Ft. Arcadia is a size 5 homestead made entirely of stone:

FtArcadiaLower.png

The homestead proper consists of an oversized barracks with loom and oven, two beds, chests and barrels, and a private kitchen garden. There is also a stronghouse with several high ql stone coffins, a large tub of cotton and wemp, and a fine selection of practice dolls (the fighting kind, perverts). Directly adjacent is the Forge House, with two high ql forges, assorted chests, and large and small anvils.

Directly above and behind the fort itself is a tall walled farm site (9x6):

FtArcadiaUpperFarm.png

Slightly SW of the deed and situated on a raised bluff is a personal guard tower, strategically position to protect both the Fort and the carefully tended lemon groves:

FtArcadiaTowerLemonGrove.png

As well as the vast Arcadian Oak Preserve:

FtAracadiaOakPreserve.png

And private olive groves:

FtAradiaOliveGroves.png

The views from artillery point are breathtaking:

FtAradiaPointView.png

And the property comes with its own training/taming yard, complete with resident champ SNDD

FtAradiaSNDD.png

It is connected by road to both Arcadia Bay and the western landbridge, and has it's own mines, smelting caves, and eternal water source. Below the Fort is the boatworks building and dock, and the entire property is secured by stone walls, stone gatehouses, and fence works. There are several months of upkeep left on the deed, 10+ wooden carts, various tools, weapons, forge grinders, and cattle for milking, meat, or shoes. Plus the added bonus of living in one of the most prestigious and hallowed areas of Wurm, the last frontier of the Arcadian Domain.

All this can be yours. Makes a great place for a new player to call home, or an even better place for an established player to relax, unwind, and grind. To sweeten the pot, I will imp all forges and ovens to 60+ ql for the new Lord of the Eastern March (yes the title comes with the castle).

Tamorlane on
  • Options
    ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So how many people are regularly in the PA towns? I think this game would have a lot more staying power on players if things didn't fall apart as soon as you stopped repairing them for one day.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Five of us regularly play in ahkenaten, and then Tamorlane and Amikron are scattered around JK Home.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is sadly one of those games that would be amazing if a lot of people played it.

and yet, only a mildly amusing time-killer otherwise.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have gotten back into wurm

looking for a place near tar/clay/rock to homestead

so far I have

1) wandered away from arcadia bay and gotten horribly lost, poor idea, I think im near oakvale but the CMs won't fucking help so who goddamn knows

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    rolf enabled home server raiding and most of us stopped playing

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Holy shit I thought you were joking.

Yeah, GV is now the only place to play if you just want to build cool shit and terraform dongs into the landscape.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Wait, so people from Wild can raid Home, or people from Home can raid other people on Home? Because no one on home really stands a chance against most of the people on Wild.

Food on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    isn't GV a really small place though

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Food wrote: »
    Wait, so people from Wild can raid Home, or people from Home can raid other people on Home? Because no one on home really stands a chance against most of the people on Wild.

The former. Rolf "compensated" by making people one quarter as strong on an enemy home server, but that doesn't compensate for not being relatively safe from griefers.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    in wurm, a force of 20 people could pretty much take anything they effing wanted

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    man finding a place away from the hustle and bustle and deadly deadly animals to homestead is pretty hard

I just want a mine of my own and 11 tiles in every direction to chilax on

mine mine

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just took a look around Golden Valley. Our glorious kingdom is all but gone. Some bastard stole the mountain top from us too. The only thing that's still intact is our tunnel. Also, I'm banned from #wurm_pa for some reason.

Food on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

So he...enabled PvP on the non-PvP server? Why, did the whining of those on Wild get so loud he couldn't ignore it?

They always whined about something.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He changed it without warning, and the post he made about it was so arrogant and confrontational I wondered if he was drunk or maybe intentionally trying to kill off Wurm.

If he was just doing it in response to the complaints of wild players you'd think he would have reversed it by now. Apparently about half the players and half his staff quit, and players filed a successful dispute over paypal for false advertising (as the site listed non-pvp alternatives).

Bremen on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just read that front page blurb.

This is all kinds of stupid.

But of course, there will always be die hard Wurm fans who think every change is the best god damned thing ever and if you don't like it well then you can just quit!

Also I find it funny that some of the people who disputed with PayPal got banned from the game.

EDIT: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=16362.0

That thread pretty well sums up the community of Wurm.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    okay I'm having a hard time trying to find a place to homestead

this is just like DF all over again, I feel like I should know this stuff but ugh I have completely forgotten what I'm looking for

I came back with most of the base tools I had on me. Everything else has rotted.

I want to find a place where I can just settle down and be self-reliant for a while. Make my own mine from scratch, get my own water, build my own house, have my own farm for food etc

I saw that there are wells now, that should IMMENSELY help me being able to settle away from water

just having some trouble finding a spot where there aren't houses and mines already. Seems like a lot of people have places where I think to look.

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I have to give you guys props for continuing on after the Great Fucking of 2009.

Seriously allowing raiding on the server that was sold as "No PVP" is some horseshit.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I stay on GV, no PvP there.

(And no money for Rolf, since it appears he doesn't want it)

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    what if

this is the best april fools' prank ever

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    what if

this is the best april fools' prank ever

If so then it backfired like whoa

Wonder if he's going to allow cross-kingdom PVP on GV next, since it's supposed to "give you a taste of the full server experience." Can't leave the griefing and douchebaggery out of that!

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    what if people can't even come over

and like 20 people were told to act like they can as part of the joke

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    what if people can't even come over

and like 20 people were told to act like they can as part of the joke

Then it's still an Xbox-Huge level fuckup unless everyone who said they've left/cancelled their subscription is in on it.

Basically the entire game community would have to be in on it, and I have no idea who they'd be "fooling." :|

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bremen wrote: »

I think the comments from him on the front page say it all:
    Rolf wrote:
    I have hinted about it and written posts stating that the game would go in that direction. I did not give warning the day it happened. Not to the players, not to the staff. The obvious question is why not?

There is not one single answer to that question. The move was a mix of frustration, stress, enlightenment, timing and determination. I was not interested in discussing the decision at all. I got the feeling that it was time. It had to be done. When that happens I usually give in. I would gladly discuss things that I am unsure of but not this and not this time.

I hear that a lot of the nice players and staff members that make up the caring core of the home servers already have or consider to quit because they just don't want to be close to PvP. I respect that and I am glad if I made the decision easy for you. It is sad since if I had given warning and discussed it a lot of you may have stayed and maybe realized that you can cope with it. Some may even have started to enjoy the benefits the change will bring.

It is too early to let the vision be ruled by you the customer. I must have faith that I see things that many of you do not.

I hope that right now you assess the situation and take it for what it is. See if you actually do get raided and how bad it actually gets. If you don't do that I know you have good reasons for your decision.

Nice.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    citizen059 wrote: »
    Bremen wrote: »

I think the comments from him on the front page say it all:
    Rolf wrote:
    I have hinted about it and written posts stating that the game would go in that direction. I did not give warning the day it happened. Not to the players, not to the staff. The obvious question is why not?

There is not one single answer to that question. The move was a mix of frustration, stress, enlightenment, timing and determination. I was not interested in discussing the decision at all. I got the feeling that it was time. It had to be done. When that happens I usually give in. I would gladly discuss things that I am unsure of but not this and not this time.

I hear that a lot of the nice players and staff members that make up the caring core of the home servers already have or consider to quit because they just don't want to be close to PvP. I respect that and I am glad if I made the decision easy for you. It is sad since if I had given warning and discussed it a lot of you may have stayed and maybe realized that you can cope with it. Some may even have started to enjoy the benefits the change will bring.

It is too early to let the vision be ruled by you the customer. I must have faith that I see things that many of you do not.

I hope that right now you assess the situation and take it for what it is. See if you actually do get raided and how bad it actually gets. If you don't do that I know you have good reasons for your decision.

Nice.

So wait wait wait.

"Fuck you guys and your money, I don't want it because I have a vision"

MechMantis on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    he sounds like andrew ryan

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif