As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Episode 3.5: The Emperor's Gambit -- Ron Paulpatine Victory :P

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, but we learned that our planting evidence lasted through death and thus started the grand Confusefest '09.

Our biggest mistake was forgetting that the rebels had already seered KungFu when we set up that seering so they would learn the seerings couldn't be trusted. As Toxic posted earlier we would have been home free without that mistake.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    enlightenedbum you totally outed yourself in your thread when you said you were blackmailing medo. LOL.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    warban wrote: »
    enlightenedbum you totally outed yourself in your thread when you said you where blackmailing medo. LOL.

Yeah. The last night was not smooth for me. I sent in my blackmail order on Savant too early, among other mistakes. I was in a rush last night.

If you read the imperial boards, I post to myself on there telling the other FTs to not ask me for a link to that game or to PM Medopine.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think we planted evidence on me before we knew about the Jedi seer on me. We did it because the libs were seering me. Cinders seer post on me was after saying "he was concealed well but we found ties to emperor because of the Force and we rebel scum suck and ruin fun" :P

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    KungFu wrote: »
    I think we planted evidence on me before we knew about the Jedi seer on me. We did it because the libs were seering me. Cinders seer post on me was after saying "he was concealed well but we found ties to emperor because of the Force and we rebel scum suck and ruin fun" :P

Toxic remembered it differently. I dunno.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    Rent wrote:
    HamHamJ is almost definitely an Imperial

:lol:

Who were your four again? You, KungFu, EB and...

Oats.

It's just that the Imperials, mostly E Bum I think, were severely suspicious of HamHam being a Rebel.

Is there anyone who wasn't suspicious of HamHamJ? I pushed to investigate him too because he seemed kinda fishy.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Rent wrote:

Oats.

It's just that the Imperials, mostly E Bum I think, were severely suspicious of HamHam being a Rebel.

Is there anyone who wasn't suspicious of HamHamJ? I pushed to investigate him too because he seemed kinda fishy.

Heh, I don't think so.

By the way, nicely done Cinders, I didn't have a read on you at all. Good thing Corbius caught you or we would have wasted a ton of time slaughtered the FTs.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rent wrote:

Oats.

We planted evidence on him to be an Imperial that night and were severely disappointed when your shitty Lib agents didn't find the evidence we planted.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Rent wrote:

Oats.

We planted evidence on him to be an Imperial that night and were severely disappointed when your shitty Lib agents didn't find the evidence we planted.

Then we promptly forgot about it, said fuck it, and had him killed anyway. Go team!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Then we promptly forgot about it, said fuck it, and had him killed anyway. Go team!

:^: :D :^:

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    We were not the most efficient baddies, let me tell you.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    We were not the most efficient baddies, let me tell you.

But, oh, had it all worked!

Game for the ages.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There are points on the imperial boards where JK and I probably get really obnoxious.

For the last three or so days I couldn't believe we hadn't been found out and was totally convinced Oats was going to have to solo victory it for us.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haha,
    Don't trust the FT, they are crazy as hell, and bloodthirsty.

See?!

Well, they were more easily manipulated than anything.

*I* was super bloodthirsty. And not subtle.

And I still lasted to the last day. :P

I couldn't believe people believed the Doxa thing. I went out of my gourd that day. Add in the fact that I can't fucking count and it would have been shocking if the Prots hadn't killed me. Epic fail.

I would like to add my commendation for the hosts to those already offered. Incredible game.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

IMPERIALS VERSUS SENATE:

WHOEVER WINS, THEY LOSE!

I made this very same Alien vs. Predator joke! You all saw it!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What I really want to know is why warban kept calling Savant "servant."

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There is no secret answer to that. I believe that he realized it was getting on peoples' nerves, so he decided to keep doing it.

God, reading everybody's threads (specifically the Imperials), I am so embarrassed at how horrible I played this. It never even crossed my mind that our investigation returns could be faked. I understood that they could prove unsuccessful and give us nothing, and I thought that was the risk. Then that legislation comes along, the Emperor spells it out, and I think we finally have a means to know things for certain.

To be quite honest, I was so sick of being in the dark at that point that I was probably just desperate and eager to believe that we were getting accurate information.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What I really want to know is why warban kept calling Savant "servant."

No reason beyond thinking that savant was written as servant because I fail at many things.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There is no secret answer to that. I believe that he realized it was getting on peoples' nerves, so he decided to keep doing it.

God, reading everybody's threads (specifically the Imperials), I am so embarrassed at how horrible I played this. It never even crossed my mind that our investigation returns could be faked. I understood that they could prove unsuccessful and give us nothing, and I thought that was the risk. Then that legislation comes along, the Emperor spells it out, and I think we finally have a means to know things for certain.

To be quite honest, I was so sick of being in the dark at that point that I was probably just desperate and eager to believe that we were getting accurate information.

Don't feel too bad, I think a lot of us were in the dark quite a bit (though the roster trading may have eliminated some of that).

Heck, I didn't even know for sure who all the Authoritarians were until the last 2 days or so, and got help from the bugman Imperial to even get that much. Though a large part of that was due to them having some inactives, and the Protectionists being shifty.

Savant on
  • Options
    MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OK, so I missed this Phalla but I read every fucking page anyways and it was awesome.

Anyways, when is the next phalla? There used to be a thread about that but it seems to have dissapeared. Id like to know so I can actually sign up on time : (.

MadnessBA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Search for the Upcoming Games thread, but it's usually 10 days to two weeks from the end of the last one.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also the op's might want to inform that their game has finished. I read something about this in the upcomming thread. The guy running the upcoming game list doesn't always know they have ended.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jesus. Now I feel like a GIGANTIC IDIOT for buying EB's shit the WHOLE TIME.
    Seriousy, towards the end I was like "We still got EB man, we are gonna make it"

<
    tool

Incredibly fun game though.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    Jesus. Now I feel like a GIGANTIC IDIOT for buying EB's shit the WHOLE TIME.
    Seriousy, towards the end I was like "We still got EB man, we are gonna make it"

<
    tool

Incredibly fun game though.

Don't feel bad. Before I died I sent Toxic my last thoughts on possible Rebels/Imperials.

And at one point Rent replied to a PM I sent Toxic, and I still didn't think he was a spy. In my defense there, he was Rent's contact with the Auths, so it kinda made sense.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, having read through a bunch of the other boards now, I'm even more impressed by this game. Really, really great.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh and Dunadan, I got you killed. When you said on the Auth board about maybe getting the senate count below half I thought you were the rebel.

i got killed for being too close to right.....

list of people to bandwagon next game

Kungfu
    EB

grrrrrrr....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    BUT NOT ME!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Also the op's might want to inform that their game has finished. I read something about this in the upcomming thread. The guy running the upcoming game list doesn't always know they have ended.

Thanks for the reminder... just sent Richy a PM. :)

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    LOL :lol:
    Damn, that Oats kill feels wrong. I may have to change it.

Yes, you should have.

Yeah, I laughed at that one too. :)

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I checked and it was the libs and Jedi seering me the same night. Oats told us near last minute and we planted evidence on me not knowing the Jedi were also onto me. Then they knew the truth when they killed me the next night (about the death affiliations). We couldn't had known ahead of time that the Jedi were onto me :(

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I checked and it was the libs and Jedi seering me the same night. Oats told us near last minute and we planted evidence on me not knowing the Jedi were also onto me. Then they knew the truth when they killed me the next night (about the death affiliations). We couldn't had known ahead of time that the Jedi were onto me :(

Sad.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wooh wooh!

crazy game

good thing I died the night I did, there was a surprise vacation waiting for me

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh, I forgot to ask about this, but why did you kill GrimmyTOA, TT? I was telling the truth about what happened with Oats and that he was innocent, and was talking with warban about that as well before going public with it. Did you think I was trying to play you?

I mean, it worked out pretty well for me that you did kill him, but it was rather unexpected.

Savant on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oh, and, if I was around to see ebum post his blackmail on FT forums I wouldn't out him. I would whisper "hey how you doing beautiful?"

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Our reason was that he looked at us funny.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    Ride The BombRide The Bomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was really suspicious of EB day 5, enough that I PM'd Cinders and asked him to present my argument to the faction so it wouldn't look like I suspected him. Cinders did and we got the seer off on EB and.... he was cleared. That whole planting evidence mechanic versus the supposedly accurate investigation legislation really bums me out because I was right and there was no way to know.

Ride The Bomb on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh, and DA getting bandwagoned after the offhand comment about whether the bad guys knew each other? Classic. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Oh, and DA getting bandwagoned after the offhand comment about whether the bad guys knew each other? Classic. :P

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I was pretty angry about that vote, to be honest.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

You don't know the half of it...

Last game I played that he ran, I got a PM from him right after I died telling me that almost every guess / assumption I had made about hidden mechanics was spot on, like I was reading his mind... and then this. :lol:

Nerissa on