edited April 2009
    I shaved! My entire head is cold.

Mugshots hoooo!
    Beard.jpg

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    holy crap you look a lot like one of my friends!

Tam on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    looks much better, long!

mully on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You should have trimmed it! Very fashionable!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    I gotta say, you don't look as much like you belong in Alaska anymore, but either way, it's a nice look you've got.

EDIT: I've quite shaving a couple weeks ago because I'm on spring break here, and shaving can be a hassle when I feel lazy; I think I'll use the opportunity beard growth offers to give myself mutton chops, or something, if only for a minute. Other suggestions welcome; pictures will be taken.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Lactobacillus, while largely beneficial, secretes lactic acid which does what crawdad described. Streptococcus mutans is another one that does largely the same thing.

The key here is keeping a clean mouth. Now, sucrose as normal ol' table sugar, isn't all that dangerous. It's usually in solution in soda or juice and goes down well enough. Even if you eat spoonfuls of sugar, just have a glass of water, swirling around your mouth and swallowing.

What is dangerous is potato starch (mainly talking about potato chips here) or anything that contains any fermentable carbohydrate and has a tendency to get stuck in the crevices of (and between) your teeth. If it's fermentable Lactobacilli and S. mutans are going to use it and secrete lactic acid all over your teeth and begin to destroy them. It's why flossing is so important- most dental caries don't develop in places where saliva and toothbrushes can reach.

S. mutans, by the way, is the colonizer. It's the one that gets stuck to your teeth by secreting a really sticky polysaccharide that I forget the name of. Then it alters conditions on your teeth to make them more hospitable to other bugs and it's hell from there.

Soo...your a dentist?
    crawdaddio wrote: »
    I gotta say, you don't look as much like you belong in Alaska anymore, but either way, it's a nice look you've got.

EDIT: I've quite shaving a couple weeks ago because I'm on spring break here, and shaving can be a hassle when I feel lazy; I think I'll use the opportunity beard growth offers to give myself mutton chops, or something, if only for a minute. Other suggestions welcome; pictures will be taken.

Side Burnz.

Though, I asked my sis and a few other women aboot it. They say they prefer a little facial hair, just not a fucking Santa clause beard. I'm sure my side burnz are just hilarious and not very smexy, but I like being hilarious.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh, yeah, the sideburns are definite either way; I meant something funny for the two minutes before I shave the rest of it off.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NECK BEARD!

large1.gif

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mine would be puny by comparison, but alright, one vote for neckbeard (I should probably show what I've got to work with, here...)

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    How is neck beard considered stylish? How? Kinda like those samurai bald hair cuts. How is that stylish?

I mean, I look hilarious, but not fucked up.

Yesh, gotta see your hur

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    that is one creepy ass pic, his eyes are looking right through me.

So, my new job is pretty fuckawesome so far. I am however jealous of MT going to the beach and all...

Long, you look baby smooth.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Pious wrote: »
    Lactobacillus, while largely beneficial, secretes lactic acid which does what crawdad described. Streptococcus mutans is another one that does largely the same thing.

The key here is keeping a clean mouth. Now, sucrose as normal ol' table sugar, isn't all that dangerous. It's usually in solution in soda or juice and goes down well enough. Even if you eat spoonfuls of sugar, just have a glass of water, swirling around your mouth and swallowing.

What is dangerous is potato starch (mainly talking about potato chips here) or anything that contains any fermentable carbohydrate and has a tendency to get stuck in the crevices of (and between) your teeth. If it's fermentable Lactobacilli and S. mutans are going to use it and secrete lactic acid all over your teeth and begin to destroy them. It's why flossing is so important- most dental caries don't develop in places where saliva and toothbrushes can reach.

S. mutans, by the way, is the colonizer. It's the one that gets stuck to your teeth by secreting a really sticky polysaccharide that I forget the name of. Then it alters conditions on your teeth to make them more hospitable to other bugs and it's hell from there.

Soo...your a dentist?

hopefully in about six years

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

What makes my teeth yellow? I brush/mouthwash, eat apples, chew that gum.

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Dark soda (coke,pepsi,etc) and wine.

Edit: Meth.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sometimes teeth just be yellow, yo.

EDIT:
    For informational purposes
    me.jpg
    You're looking about about two weeks' growth on this beauty. It's normal to be jealous when you're confronted by such concentrated man.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Six wrote: »
    Bitchin'. Did it end up costing around 16k or so?

Late, but it was 14k out the door. 12,700 plus tax and other assorted nonsense.

Thats pretty damned good for only having 45k miles on it. Go go gadget car depreciation! Especially considering the blue book on it is ~16-17.5k for that mileage.

Yeah, I was pleased with the deal. Pleased!

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The native Uncle Longs of Alaska shed their winter coat come early to mid April in preparation for their mating season.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009

any number of factors

how do you brush? have you tried switching toothpaste?

do you drink coffee? smoke? eat uranium cakes?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You'd better not say we shouldn't eat uranium cakes.
    Just try to take away my sweet, delicious uranium cakes.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Forbe! wrote: »
    The native Uncle Longs of Alaska shed their winter coat come early to mid April in preparation for their mating season.

I saved it in a bag. I'm going to mail it to Tam with a note attached that says, "I did it for you."

For research.

Also, really, what happened to Loom?

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Uncle Long wrote: »

I saved it in a bag. I'm going to mail it to Tam with a note attached that says, "I did it for you."

For research.

Also, really, what happened to Loom?

ahahaha, yay

also, yeah, I haven't seen a wild Loomdun for a while

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    His last post, he said that he was having some personal problems that were going to keep him away from the forums for a few months, at least. You could probably find it pretty easily.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    crawdaddio: archivist of PA:AC

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    To many things going on with me in life, I've been trying to just keep myself art related but theres to many things going on now that not even Ican keep contently burrowed and kept in the dark I have to go I may return in a few months maybe i'm sorry goodbye. thank you

Ho hum...you people really need to spend hours following every thread in this forum like I do.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't like the way iTunes keeps track of my "most played". It should go by the most amount of time spent in a track.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I use that to listen to songs several times that I otherwise wouldn't want showing up in my "Most Played" list.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't like the way iTunes keeps track of my "most played". It should go by the most amount of time spent in a track.

That's true. I mean, sometimes I feel like a certain song I like doesn't have enough little counts compared to other songs I don't like. And I feel like that right around the time I want to switch over to another playlist or want to listen to something with another person. It really shouldn't matter, but it does.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I use that to listen to songs several times that I otherwise wouldn't want showing up in my "Most Played" list.

man, you like what you like

what songs are these that are so embarrassing?
    Uncle Long wrote: »

That's true. I mean, sometimes I feel like a certain song I like doesn't have enough little counts compared to other songs I don't like. And I feel like that right around the time I want to switch over to another playlist or want to listen to something with another person. It really shouldn't matter, but it does.

yeah, see, the Boondocks theme song is number 4 in mine with 285 plays, but I've clearly spent more time listening to Girl/Boy Song by AFX which is at number 8 with 164 plays

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    They're not embarrassing; I just have this odd disconnect between what is, and what I would like it to be.

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Long, I wonder what would happen if I combined your and my beard in a bag together.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Cotton candy?

crawdaddio on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Since we're on the topic.

http://www.thingsmybeardcanlift.com/

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Long, I wonder what would happen if I combined your and my beard in a bag together.

Double beard.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    They're not embarrassing; I just have this odd disconnect between what is, and what I would like it to be.

Through the Fire and Flames is my number 20 at 110 plays. The song is 7 minutes, 24 seconds long.

I have spent over 13 hours of my life listening to one DragonForce song. Good God in hell what am I doing with my life.

Tam on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey, its back! I've missed this place.

Well, gotta go.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I karate chopped a cake. This makes me happy.

Flay on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Snoring roommates suck...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

That is so counter-intuitive.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What is you rmost played song BTW?

Mine is Goody-Goody, by Cherry Boom. A chinese pop rock group.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bargain, by Pete Townsend.

Metalbourne on
This discussion has been closed.