As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My TV converts all dvds to fullscreen.

2»

• Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Soda wrote: »
    Well that solves it then. I will have to convince my dad to sell this tv and get a new one.

Thank you everyone, you have all been most helpful.

I am pretty sure your lack of understanding wont help with the next TV either.

You also should read the manual before coming onto an online forum.

Not trying to flame, just trying to save you (or your parents) money.

Shens on
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When I play the taxi driver special features, the clips from the movie they use have the black bars.

Wait... is it only the special features?

Some DVDs encode (even widescreen) special features in 4:3 and do their own letterboxing. It sounds like your TV doesn't understand how to handle that.

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    SodaSoda Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well that solves it then. I will have to convince my dad to sell this tv and get a new one.

Thank you everyone, you have all been most helpful.
    On my television at least, I've never thought of the cropping as that severe.

Are you sure you don't want to provide some photo examples of the cropping before you try to get a new television? It might be difficult to find a television that's around the same price and offers a full picture.

There is cropping. I know it.

Soda on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't doubt that there is cropping, but it'd really help us out if you could at least show us what's going on.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    SodaSoda Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    do you want to see the taxi driver credits ive been explaining?

Soda on