Options

How totally sweet is IKEA? (or maybe a sweden thread)

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The Mikael desks are nice

I'd want to get one for the kitchen here but it is just too tall and would block the window

I can't stand those 6 foot high "computer desk" workstation deals.

I just got this one

40904_PE135015_S3.jpg

with this guy underneath

50243_PE146279_S3.jpg

It's down to how much space you have.

The 6 foot high one I had literally held, everything

Nowdays I just have a teeny tiny corner desk that I would like to be a bit bitter.

I mean it has a keyboard, mouse and monitor on it but heaven help you if you need to write on a full A4 sheet as well cause there just isn't room.

Blake T on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gonna pick up that Kunnelingus stool

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

I'd want to get one for the kitchen here but it is just too tall and would block the window

I just got this one

40904_PE135015_S3.jpg

with this guy underneath

50243_PE146279_S3.jpg

Nowdays I just have a teeny tiny corner desk that I would like to be a bit bitter.

I mean it has a keyboard, mouse and monitor on it but heaven help you if you need to write on a full A4 sheet as well cause there just isn't room.

they're so ugly though!

#pipe on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i hate white furniture

ugh

Faricazy on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think that Mikael desk is still too wide for the space that I have here

but really, this table is fiiine

I may get something to put my computer case on, though, so when I mop the kitchen floor I don't have to unplug everything

Moriveth on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Don't be stupid. That is not what it is called.

Vic on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Roomwhores_05.jpg
    This table is probably my favourite

It is just really lovely solid wood

Janson on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    i hate white furniture

ugh

White furniture made our room look like twice as big, though

It definitely has its uses

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i hate white furniture

ugh

you're silly

ascot on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I just got this one

40904_PE135015_S3.jpg

with this guy underneath

50243_PE146279_S3.jpg

they're so ugly though!

Pipe I saw how big your place is.

Your bedroom is like the size of my living room.

I also want to fill my entire house up with these.

PE189173.jpg

They are like the most awesome shelving solution ever.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    i hate white furniture

ugh
    Surely what we have now is preferable to what we had before

Janson on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vic wrote: »

Oh I'm sorry you're right.

The Perunyum Bench.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think that Mikael desk is still too wide for the space that I have here

but really, this table is fiiine

I may get something to put my computer case on, though, so when I mop the kitchen floor I don't have to unplug everything

I just mop around mine.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

what is this

t blake i support your shelves plan

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

The Perunyum Bench.

The Skrotem bed.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    At some point in my life I want to live somewhere that has a staircase with drawers and cupboards on the side.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

The Perunyum Bench.

The Skrotem bed.
    The ANRUS shower curtain rod

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Pipe made a tasteless oral sex joke.

Ok maybe not.

Edit: Way late

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

The Perunyum Bench.

The Skrotem bed.
    The ANRUS shower curtain rod

The KOKSCHTIF cabinet.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I like those zig zag shelves

Great place to chuck books and not have them fall over

Janson on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    This is the coolest table set.

PE146486.jpg

My mother has something like that, except it's a coffee table with a glass top and dark oaky looking wood around it. Then there are these black leather-like cushioned ottomans that slide in underneath. Very cool.

Also, god bless the Swedes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_d73w0I38

Jesus Christ, why have I never heard of this show before? This is absolute gold. That first exchange is brilliant.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The Reyvars Koboj sofa

Vic on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The one annoying this I find about IKEA is that they have some really expensive stuff there too, it's a real stupid annoyance but you go to IKEA with the idea that everything is real good value for money and everything is all cheap and all that, and then you see something really nice but it's around 15 times your actual budget and you have to go back to looking at all the other option.

Also I need to buy a tape measure.

While I'm pretty good and measuring shit by eye and it hasn't steered me wrong so far I think it would be a better idea to actually measure space up before buying stuff to go into it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hey blaket could you make your avatar a liiiiittle more difficult to distinguish from viv's and/or the forum background

it's not quite full-on camouflaged yet

thanks

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Pipe made a tasteless oral sex joke.

Ok maybe not.

Edit: Way late
    aren't you just precious

may i interest you in some SHORPDECK dvd stands?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The one annoying this I find about IKEA is that they have some really expensive stuff there too, it's a real stupid annoyance but you go to IKEA with the idea that everything is real good value for money and everything is all cheap and all that, and then you see something really nice but it's around 15 times your actual budget and you have to go back to looking at all the other option.

While I'm pretty good and measuring shit by eye and it hasn't steered me wrong so far I think it would be a better idea to actually measure space up before buying stuff to go into it.
    well, there's not way to magically make quality furniture cheap. they sell cheap stuff cheap, and nice stuff less cheap. Like those Galant desks, they're rather nice and more expensive than any other desk, but you clearly see what you're paying extra for.

Eh. It still ends up cheaper than a lot of other places, and better looking. I don't let the ten dollar plastic stools skew reality.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also, see, this actually looks comfy:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80130724

Janson on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Yeah, they have some good value stuff but also some really expensive stuff

one of the things I wanted to get when we were there (but was way out of our price range) was an entertainment center that had sliding shelves for DVDs and such

but it was something like $500

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    hey blaket could you make your avatar a liiiiittle more difficult to distinguish from viv's and/or the forum background

it's not quite full-on camouflaged yet

thanks

Fallout they are completely different and I am astounded how you can think otherwise.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'd always be worried about encasing my television in case I bought something bigger, and then had to fork out even more cash for a new cabinet.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Did anyone post the Jonathan Coulton song yet

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'd always be worried about encasing my television in case I bought something bigger, and then had to fork out even more cash for a new cabinet.
    THIS HOUSE IS TOO SMALL FOR MY TV

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    THIS HOUSE IS TOO SMALL FOR MY TV

Well my parents bought a reasonably affordable TV several years back as well as a really nice cabinet for it, but then they came out with affordable HDTVs that are hells of widescreen and all that. So they're in the situation I just mentioned, basically.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Campion wrote: »

Jesus Christ, why have I never heard of this show before? This is absolute gold. That first exchange is brilliant.

Do you live in Canada?

It's a very enjoyable show, with a different kind of humour than a lot of other comedies. At least I think it is. There's something up with it anyway.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    this is actually a real problem, because a TV too small is going to look silly

for the most part though the only real appeal in encasing your TV is to get shelve space above it, which you can also do by drilling shelves into the wall above the TV

I actually really dislike the giant hutches with all the built-in shelves and cabinets and whatnot, it's almost easier to go with something modular so that you can move and adjust things depending on your TV's size, your room's layout, or what kinds of stuff you have arrayed around it.

plus I mean the newer TVs can be wall-mounted anyway, that gives you even MORE space to work with, so the full-on encased hutch is a bit pointless

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited April 2009

well, there's not way to magically make quality furniture cheap. they sell cheap stuff cheap, and nice stuff less cheap. Like those Galant desks, they're rather nice and more expensive than any other desk, but you clearly see what you're paying extra for.

Eh. It still ends up cheaper than a lot of other places, and better looking. I don't let the ten dollar plastic stools skew reality.

Like I said, I realise it is a silly annoyance but I still see it as such.

It's just that you always expect it, then you see something really awesome, and you're like Fuck Yeah! then you see the price and you are all fuck no.....

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    HOLY SHIT

JAGGED ALLIANCE DS COMES OUT NEXT WEEK

NEXT WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Moriveth on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HOLY SHIT

JAGGED ALLIANCE DS COMES OUT NEXT WEEK

NEXT WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

By IKEA

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also I think our entertainment center is big enough to hold a 37" TV

and really I can't imagine we'd ever really need/want anything bigger than that

Moriveth on