Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

First Analnual Cookie XXX-change [Signups CLOSED]

• UsagiUsagi WOMP WOMPRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    neville wrote: »
    still no cookies for poor me :(
    i havent sent mine yet though
    will next week after finals tho :D

heyyy, I know they weren't Official cookies, but you got some already

Jormungandr? Damn near killed 'er!
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cheshire sent me some delicious chocolate cookies as well as a loaf of zuchini bread. Also a delightful little card that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My roommates were all skeptical about eating internet cookies. I was a bit too, my reputation isn't the best.

After the first cookie though it was quite worth chowing down on the rest of them. Cheshire did a wonderful job packing everything and a wonderful job baking. All in all really Cheshire is just wonderful.

Spoiler:
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I am glad you like them! :D

And St., I live to expose 'special needs' people to avoidable hazards. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be putting down some marbles outside of the school for the blind

Keep up the good work. You make me proud, kid.

japsig.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh my god these are so good

I have no idea who sent them but thanks so much!

I'll try to take some pictures tonight, assuming I don't eat them all in one sitting.

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just got my cookies from the good Dr. Ziplock and may I say, well done sir. The chocolate chip are very good, both regular and chocolate dipped, and the freezer cakes are good if a little exploded. There's a picture below of my loot and one of my cats:
    Spoiler:
    What's the origin of those cakes doc? And what all's in them?

• scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Baking is complete. just have to get em packed and then send them away.

Didgeridoo, how much chocolate is in those cookies? So much chocolate

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sadly, fate and shipping companies conspired against my designated cookie receivers.

However, not being a man to let somebody down, cookies are on their way, just not baked by my hand.

easysig2.jpg
    edited December 2009
    I feel like I've just gain 4 Tupperware containers of infinite cookies

because holy shit there's so many

Tumbling
    Baka!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just got my cookies from the good Dr. Ziplock and may I say, well done sir. The chocolate chip are very good, both regular and chocolate dipped, and the freezer cakes are good if a little exploded. There's a picture below of my loot and one of my cats:
    Spoiler:
    What's the origin of those cakes doc? And what all's in them?

Ah, damn. I kinda figured the freezer cakes weren't going to make it there alive. Something went slightly askew in the baking of a few of the batches and we have yet to completely figure out what. The centers weren't setting regardless of bake time and all that.

The dough is a simple butter, cream cheese and flour mix. The goo is butter, vanilla, brown sugar and egg. Then some walnuts are just sprinkled on top.

The recipe is from my girl's step-mom's grandmother. If it is older than that I don't know.

Glad you liked them!

One person down and three more boxes whisking their way across the country filled with treats.

snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Baking is complete. just have to get em packed and then send them away.

Didgeridoo, how much chocolate is in those cookies? So much chocolate

Enough to choke a horse

Seriously though, nearly 12 ounces of bittersweet (3/4 were melted and stirred into the batter, the rest was chopped into small bits and put in that way), plus a bit of white for the decoration on top. I'm thinking maybe next time I should tone it down a bit...

Edit: I should mention that you did not receive the entire batch, because I couldn't fit them all into the container. The recipe makes about 30 cookies, so the chocolate quantity isn't QUITE as insane as it might have seemed if that were only for a dozen cookies. I mean, it's still insane, but not as much

3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. Nintendo Network ID: Didge7
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vermiculture, you are awesome as hell!
    Spoiler:

Ukrainian Honey cake and COOKIES! The cake is amazing, the cookies are amazing. Everything is wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

edited December 2009
    That's a fine lookin' cake.

snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion."
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm so glad you got and enjoyed them! I'm also glad the package made it one piece.
    I like the description of the honey cake about bees surrounding old ukrainian street merchants for trying to sell this cake.

EDIT: thank you drz

steam id: vermiculture
  • A duck!A duck! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    Sadly, fate and shipping companies conspired against my designated cookie receivers.

However, not being a man to let somebody down, cookies are on their way, just not baked by my hand.

They arrived and they're great, Stale (especially the sugar cookies)! :^: I like the Hanukkah theme, by the way. I may even wear that ribbon as a headband tomorrow. I really appreciate it, even if they're not homemade.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    I just got home, and like culdrasbit*h I am the fortunate recipient of some delicious chocolate chip cookies and scrumptiously gooey freezer cake from the right honorable Ziplock. The freezer cakes kind of remind me of baklava, only more doughey.

You rock Zip. <3

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User
    edited December 2009
    I have a box waiting for me so it's this or Satans, in either case I'm excited. I also have to wait til Saturday to get it bc my PO sucks and is only open until 5.

edited December 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I just got home, and like culdrasbit*h I am the fortunate recipient of some delicious chocolate chip cookies and scrumptiously gooey freezer cake from the right honorable Ziplock. The freezer cakes kind of remind me of baklava, only more doughey.

You rock Zip. <3

<3

I've also determined that the freezer cake should have been less doughy in order to set the center a bit better. Meh, for the first time making them, I'm pleased simply because they are delicious.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »

You rock Zip. <3

<3

I've also determined that the freezer cake should have been less doughy in order to set the center a bit better. Meh, for the first time making them, I'm pleased simply because they are delicious.

they are indeed
    when I eat one I spear it with a fork and sop up as much of the gooey syrup as I can for extra deliciousness

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited December 2009
    An excellent technique.

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »

They arrived and they're great, Stale (especially the sugar cookies)! :^: I like the Hanukkah theme, by the way. I may even wear that ribbon as a headband tomorrow. I really appreciate it, even if they're not homemade.

Was addressed to Dr. Bill?

I told them you were a fine Jewish Doctor.

easysig2.jpg
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I feel like I've just gain 4 Tupperware containers of infinite cookies

because holy shit there's so many

;)

xcomsig.png
    edited December 2009
    fallout you are awesome as hell

I hope you know that

Tumbling
    Baka!

• cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Cheshire sent me some delicious chocolate cookies as well as a loaf of zuchini bread. Also a delightful little card that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My roommates were all skeptical about eating internet cookies. I was a bit too, my reputation isn't the best.

After the first cookie though it was quite worth chowing down on the rest of them. Cheshire did a wonderful job packing everything and a wonderful job baking. All in all really Cheshire is just wonderful.

I'm glad you liked them. I was nervous cause I usually don't make cookies and stuff for strangers, just family. I hope the zuchini bread was okay. That was the first time I ever made it. My mom usually makes it and it is my favorite thing that she makes.

This is not a love song
    Help feed animals
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    fallout you are awesome as hell

I hope you know that

damn right
    and don't you forget it, kid

nevillexmassig1.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vermiculture you are the best! I got your cookies and cake today, which is great becuase I'm going home tomorrow. Excellent timing. I hope you don't kind if I share them with like everyone in my dorm. I'm eating this cake and watching movies before my 6am flight so you've made a boring night pretty fucking rad.

• AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If it were summer I would climb a mountain just so I could scream from the top

"DRZIPLOCK IS THE FUCKING MAN WOOOO YEAAAAHHH!!"

Thank you, DrZiplock, for two sacks of cookies!

• BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tuesday morning to celebrate the end of Finals, I will bake. I will bake up a storm of delicious not seen on this earth since the first doughmancer conjured up the moon!

NeoToma wrote: »
    Is it a frog? A little dinosaur? Also he has the good sense to stay on all four legs. Look at those other two, standing on their hind legs, putting on airs. Do you think you're people? Pfft. Bulbasaur is the working man's Pokemon. Bulbasaur is blue jeans and big dreams. Bulbasaur is Bruce Springsten. Bulbasaur is America.
    edited December 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Vermiculture you are the best! I got your cookies and cake today, which is great becuase I'm going home tomorrow. Excellent timing. I hope you don't kind if I share them with like everyone in my dorm. I'm eating this cake and watching movies before my 6am flight so you've made a boring night pretty fucking rad.

yes! glad you got them I don't mind if you share at all. You're probably on a plane RIGHT NOW. watch out for snakes.

edited December 2009
    This leaves just one more person on my penny arcade gift/cookie list.
    The usps says you got it, but maybe you immediately threw them out? I'm looking at you Seattle.

edited December 2009
    Agentflit wrote: »
    If it were summer I would climb a mountain just so I could scream from the top

"DRZIPLOCK IS THE FUCKING MAN WOOOO YEAAAAHHH!!"

Thank you, DrZiplock, for two sacks of cookies!

Yes, but it is not summer and you live in what I can only assume is a frozen wasteland.

Glad that they made it there ok! Enjoy the cookies, dude!

Also, I found it rather funny that it was cheaper to ship to Alaska than to Seattle. Weird.

• skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This leaves just one more person on my penny arcade gift/cookie list.
    The usps says you got it, but maybe you immediately threw them out? I'm looking at you Seattle.

I wasn't able to go pick up my package from the office till a bit ago :oops: Busy week and all that [work, interviews, etc]

1211091339.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

Both the cookies and the cake are delicious :3 Gotta make sure I save some for when my SO gets home haha

edited December 2009
    you're welcome skettios! I'm sure you wouldn't throw them away I just worried that they fell off a truck somewhere and I wanted to make sure you got your cookies. glad you like them.

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    By the way that was some nice Tupperware with the cake. Do you want that shit back, man?

edited December 2009
    no it's yours. If you buy more of that kind, they nicely lock together. like base to lid to lid to base whatever floats your food storage boat.

edit: those of the same size of course

edited December 2009
  • DaimajinDaimajin Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Buh-leted

Daimajin on
    Spoiler:
    edited December 2009
    I finally decided. My person will be getting sugar cookies.

Here's a preview:

1213091643.jpg

Dough is chilling in the fridge till after dinner. Then I'll be rolling and cutting and baking!

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mmmmm, sugar cookies are the best. I may have to make some now...

3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. Nintendo Network ID: Didge7
  • A duck!A duck! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    I baked for three people, and I'll probably make some more for my 4th next weekend. Going out are sugar cookies, black forest cookies (as in the cake, not the ham), molasses cookies and some thumbprints.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler: