Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] Keep on the Shadowfell - Recruitment finished, thanks to those who applied

1272830323335

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have they been gnawed upon? And how big are the teeth marks?

    Steelhawk on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You'll need to work your way through the rocks and make a perception check to get a better look at them.

    Kelor on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dibs on second wave... :P

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll head towards the hole in the wall, I guess.

    Brody on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Passing through the cave to it's southern exit the rock faced tunnel gives way to dirt, you can see it continuing on for some distance before veering off the the right. The lichen does not grow here and is impossible to see in past the first few feet.

    Peeking his head around Samhradh, Splug looks around him. "Masters, a humble suggestion from your lowly servant, but perhaps a light? Splug does not like the dark so much."

    Kelor on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Thud make his way over to the bones to get a closer look. His Dwarven heritage making his careful steps look natural and his excellent vision in the dark shows him the bones...thats nice, they are bones.

    Perception check for the bones = 12

    "Wait, before you strike a light..." Before his low light vision is ruined, Thud takes a more careful look around the cavern, keeping an eye out for beasties and/or treasure.

    Perception check for whatevers = 20

    Steelhawk on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As Thud approaches the bones, he notices a rank stench assaulting his finely tuned dwarven nostrils. On closer examination the bones do not seem to have been chewed or gnawed on but have a bleached appearance to them, as though stewed for a long time. While looking at them it occurs to him that the smell does not come from the bones themselves but from above....

    As this happens he feels a slimy tendril close about his arm, followed by a strange sensation of burning pain, followed by a numbness as some sort of acid begins to burn through his armour towards his flesh and manages to pull away before it gets a grip. Looking up he sees jelly like ooze stuck to the ceiling above, the tendril retracting back into it's mass as it readies itself again, it's mindless conciousness directing it towards it's next source of food. The several more oozes begin to move in the cave's ceiling, including one large one that drops to the floor and begins to squelch it's way towards you.
    Lurking Ooze attack against Thud.
    Attack roll: 1d20+7+2(CA) vs Fort = 22. Hit.
    I don't recall the ooze's damage, I'll have to check once I get back home. It does give a stacking -2 penalty to fortitude. (Save ends)

    You just had to play with the bones didn't you Thud!

    Combat will be posted once I'm done at work.

    Kelor on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well of course he did!

    Steelhawk on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Curiousity killed the dwarf you know.

    Kelor on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sure, but he was having a good time when it happened!

    Steelhawk on
  • residueresidue Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Guys, I'm awfully sorry, but I'm going to have to get out of this game. I'm on vacation since a week back and will continue to be so for a few weeks and I just can't find the time for this (yes, that is weird...) anymore.

    Roll well, roll high.

    residue on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    :( .

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm sorry to have you leave us after so long.

    Enjoy your holidays though!

    Kelor on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I should probably take the time to mention that this upcoming weekend is going to be extremely busy for me. It is a holiday weekend and I got a lot of plans and things to take care of.

    I will try my best to get on and post for my turn, but if I'm holding up the game over the next 4 days, feel free to make my move. I trust that you guys will make a smart move.

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's cool mate, Fridays and weekends are for doing things so if people are doing things instead of posting that is totally fine. Weekdays do the trick okay.

    Typing up the encounter now. I've managed to delete it once now so I'm saving it on notepad as I go.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As Thud shouts out in pain, the rest of the party turn in time to see the oozes stir to life above them in the gloom. The ooze drips from the cave's roof down to the floor, squeezing between the rocks and swipes at him once more with an acidic paw, but Thud is wary this time and manages to slip away from it.

    Mindartis spots a slime edging across the ceiling to his right, Samhradh turns in turn to see Splug's eyes go wide as saucers as he sticks out a shaking hand and points to huge shape emerging from the darkness at the back of the cave. Distracted by the huge ooze, he only becomes aware of yet another ooze by the burning sensation of it's acid upon his neck.
    Lurking Ooze C
    Movement action: Move to floor.
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Thud.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 11. Miss.

    Lurking Ooze B
    Movement action: Move to I5.
    Minor action: Shift to J5.
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Samhradh.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 27. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 9. -2 to Fortitude (Save ends)


    Large Ooze
    Movement action: Move to R5.
    Movement action: Move to O9.

    Stats
    Nex
    HP 29/29
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

    Akarr:
    HP 37/37
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

    Thud:
    HP 38/38 -2 Fortitude (Save Ends)
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

    Samhradh:
    HP 40/49 -2 Fortitude (Save Ends)
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

    Mindartis:
    HP 29/29
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

    Aieldar:
    HP 36/36
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15

    Large Ooze (O9)
    HP 150/150
    AC 17; Fortitude 19; Reflex 19; Will 18
    Stench Aura aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Action Points 1
    Slam (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the jelly makes a secondary attack
    +6 vs Fortitude; the target is immobilized (save ends)
    Double Attack (standard; at-will) The large ooze makes two slam attacks.
    Attach (minor; at-will) • Acid Targets an immobilized creature; +8 vs Fortitude; -1 the target is grabbed (escape ends). While the target is grabbed, that creature takes 8 acid damage at the start of its turn, and when the Large Ooze is hit by an attack, the Large Ooze takes half damage from the attack and the grabbed creature takes the other half
    Acrid Stench (when first bloodied) • Acid, Zone Close burst 2; +6 vs Fortitude; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of its next turn. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain to creatures other than the large ooze
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The large ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze A (D14)
    HP 56/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze B (J5)
    HP 56/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze C (M10)
    HP 56/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Alrighty, don't forget to make your saving throws to shake off the acid, or it'll make it easier for them each round. The oozes all have a aura from the stink cloud which gives a -2 penalty to attack rolls while you're within two squares of one. The oozes topped out on initiative with a 24 to your 20.

    You may want to do something about the lighting too, since that'll affect your attack rolls too. Check out the Features section if you want more details on the light or difficult terrain, since you've only run across it the once so far.

    I'll take over for Res for this fight, while we look for another person.


    Map:
    Features:
    Illumination: Dim light. When making an attack, unless you have Dim-Light vision or something similar, you take a -2 penalty to the attack due to concealment. Creating a source of light of some sort will work as well.

    Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the bottom right corner are difficult terrain and requirement two points of cover to move through. You may only enter a square of difficult terrain if you have enough movement to complete the action. As shifting only moves you one square, you are unable to shift through difficult terrain unless you are shifting in multiples of two.

    Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Oozes of all shapes and sizes

    Kelor on
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I keep forgetting that we are heading into a holiday weekend.

    Brody on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    :shock: Alright people, let's do this by the numbers and concentrate fire. We've got a lot of HP to drain here, penalties to attack from lighting AND overlapping stench auras, and not a one of us has a Fortitude score over 15 with three of us having 12 (how the Hell did we do that to ourselves :cry: ?), so we gotsta be smart here.

    Nex reacts quickly to the ooze assault, throwing a shadow noose at the slime attacking Thud [Executioner's Noose vs M10 Ooze] and somehow managing to hit it despite the bad light and the overwhelming stink [17 (21) vs Fort, 15 Damage, Slowed until EoNT, choosing not to pull it]. He then whirls and drops a Shadow Shroud on the other nearby fungus [Shroud on J5 Ooze] and dashes hopefully out of harms way to save his soft and acid-sensitive flesh [Move to L3].

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think we should burn the J5 ooze down, and try to pull them back through the leftmost path.

    Will post soon, getting paint samples with fiancee.

    Brody on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mindartis points to one of the stalagtites while making a quick incantation upon which it begins to glow with light, chasing away shadows into the gloom. Next he makes several quick motions with wand and conjures forth his ball of fire next to the ooze that is attacking Thud with it's mindless desire for food. A bolt of flame leaps out of it and strikes the ooze giving off an oily smell.
    Movement action: Move to L13.
    Minor action: Cast Light on stalagtite at L8 which gives bright light in a four square radius.
    Standard action: Conjure a Flaming Sphere at M9, which attacks the Lurking Ooze at M10.

    Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs Reflex = 20.
    Damage roll: 2d6+5 = 13.

    Kelor on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aieldar's stomach turns as the stench of the ooze wafts across his nose. It's all he can do to keep from vomiting.

    He quickly gains his composure and takes a few steps back in a vain attempt to escape the stench. He takes an arrow from his quiver and lines up his shot and fires it at the ooze that just attacked Thud. But his shot misses it's mark badly. He starts to reel over again from the stench.
    Move back to K13. Hunter's Quarry on the Ooze I'm attacking (closest to the dwarf).

    Careful Attack vs AC (ranged).: 1d20+11 12 1d10+1 2 1d8 5

    Nice critical miss, eh?

    Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was going to say Elven Accuracy but the damage isn't even worth wasting it.

    Kelor on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Sniff, sniff....what the....yeeaaghhh!" Thud is caught by suprise by the ooze, "Splug! Ye durned fool, ye said rats! RATS!"

    Thud blinks away the nausea and wrinkles his nose in disgust. Then levels his hammer into the flesh puss of the Ooze. Moradin's light giving Aieldar a nice juicy target to sink his arrows into.


    Minor Action: Nil
    Move Action: Nil
    Standard Action: Righteous Brand vs. Ooze(M10) = 25 HIT!! Damage = 9 (no good, the Craghammer is a Brutal 2 weapon, I keep forgetting!)
    Damage Reroll #1 = 8
    Damage Reroll #2 = 10
    Finally. I need to remember to roll my damage properly!


    Aieldar gets a +3 bonus on his next attack against this Ooze



    Save vs. Ooze: 1d20 = 4 FAIL!


    This fight is going to be a slog. Do we need a Bless? Thud can drop his daily Bless next round if needed.

    Steelhawk on
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seeing the oozes charge out of nowhere, Samhradh's initial reaction is to drive his sword into its terribly stinky body. Unsure of what to do next, he takes a step closer to the body of the group.

    Saving ooze: 1d20 7 First save attempt due to Font of Life.

    Tempest Assault vs AC: 1d20+8-2 21 1d8+4 12

    Mark ooze.

    Shift to K6.

    Saving ooze: 1d20 13 Saved.

    Does Low-light vision count as Dim-light vision?

    Brody on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think we should probably smoke our dailies on this fight, since we will probably want to head back to town while we find a replacement for Mindartis. Also, y'know, giant terrifying acid blobs.

    Akarr's eyes widen with fright as the illuminated stalactite reveals the slimy horrors that surround the party.

    Acting instinctively, Akarr belches out a roiling ball of lightning which flies towards the massive slime, dissipating in a snarling flash of electricity as it conducts a current between the larger and smaller blobs.

    Minor Action: Hurl Dragon Breath on O8 (Burst 2)
    Attack Rolls:
    Large Ooze O81d20+3 23, Natural 20 critical hit!
    Lurking Ooze M101d20+3 5, MISS

    Blast Damage vs Large Ooze: 1d6+3(crit)= 9! (...Can you crit an ooze? If not I hit for 8)

    The large ooze shrieked in pain and some amount of its ichor splashed to the floor in a steaming heap, but the creature seemed no less threatening for it. The smaller ooze withstood the shock without ill effects, to Akarr's displeasure.

    Positioning himself behind the smaller ooze assailing Thud, Akarr attempted to corner in the slippery fiend and prevent it from maneuvering.

    Move Action: Move to M9
    Standard Action: Viper's Strike on Lurking Ooze C

    Attack Roll: 1d20+7+2(flank)-4(stench) 22 vs AC, HIT!
    Damage Roll: 1d8+3 5!
    Effect: If the Ooze shifts before the start of my next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from an ally of my choice (Whoever takes it first gets it!)

    Akarr's sword plunged easily into the gelatinous mound, wounding whatever composition this creature's simple body followed.

    Scosglen on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mindartis' fiery orb burns at the oily surface of the ooze, between the fire and the party's attacks it has visibly begun to shrink down in side. Splug, terrified at the turn of events runs to dive behind Akarr's legs just has he moves, causing Splug to trip and then somehow manages disappear entirely with a shriek.

    It lashes out at Thud once more from the roof, but the stout dwarf ignores the pain, hunkering down with his trusty hammer and shield at hand. The larger ooze creeps forward, oblivious to the damage of Akarr's lightning, instinctively trying to fill it's hunger. It is reaches out at Akarr with dripping tentacles and the Dragonborn feels a brief jolt of pain followed by a soothing numbness that leaves his legs locked in place.

    The other two oozes.....ooze along the roof of the cave, one loops a tentacle through the air at Aieldar, but the nimble elf is able to avoid it. The other brushes a limb against Samradh's leg, the acid burning fiercely.
    Lurking Ooze C
    Start of it's turn it takes 1d4+6 fire damage from the sphere = 8.
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Thud.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 12. Miss. Just. Curse you Steel!

    Large Ooze
    Movement action: Move to N9.
    Standard action: Double attack on Akarr.

    Attack roll #1: 1d20+8 vs AC = 23. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 10.
    Secondary attack: 1d20+6 vs Fort = 20. Hit. Akarr is immobilized. (Save Ends)
    Attack roll #2: 1d20+8 vs AC = 9. Critical Miss.


    Lurking Ooze B
    Minor action: Shift twice to L6.
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Samhradh.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 16. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 7. Samhradh has -2 to Fort. (Save Ends)


    Lurking Ooze A
    Movemention action: Move to H14.
    Minor action: Shift two squares to J14.
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Aieldar.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 11. Miss.


    Stats
    Nex
    HP 29/29
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

    Akarr:
    HP 27/37
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

    Thud:
    HP 38/38 -2 Fortitude (Save Ends)
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

    Samhradh:
    HP 33/49 -2 Fortitude (Save Ends)
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15

    Mindartis:
    HP 29/29
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

    Aieldar:
    HP 36/36
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15

    Large Ooze (O9)
    HP 141/150
    AC 17; Fortitude 19; Reflex 19; Will 18
    Stench Aura aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Action Points 1
    Slam (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the jelly makes a secondary attack
    +6 vs Fortitude; the target is immobilized (save ends)
    Double Attack (standard; at-will) The large ooze makes two slam attacks.
    Attach (minor; at-will) • Acid Targets an immobilized creature; +8 vs Fortitude; -1 the target is grabbed (escape ends). While the target is grabbed, that creature takes 8 acid damage at the start of its turn, and when the Large Ooze is hit by an attack, the Large Ooze takes half damage from the attack and the grabbed creature takes the other half
    Acrid Stench (when first bloodied) • Acid, Zone Close burst 2; +6 vs Fortitude; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of its next turn. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain to creatures other than the large ooze
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The large ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze A (D14)
    HP 56/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze B (J5)
    HP 44/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze C (M10)
    HP 5/56 Bloodied
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Just to clarify guys the stench Auras do not stack. It can only smell so bad.

    Your lighting problem is solved for the moment due to Mindartis' Light spell, provided you're within four squares of L8.


    Map:
    Area5-Round2.jpg

    Features:
    Illumination: Dim light. When making an attack, unless you have Low-Light vision or something similar, you take a -2 penalty to the attack due to concealment. Creating a source of light of some sort will work as well.

    Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the bottom right corner are difficult terrain and requirement two points of cover to move through. You may only enter a square of difficult terrain if you have enough movement to complete the action. As shifting only moves you one square, you are unable to shift through difficult terrain unless you are shifting in multiples of two.

    Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Oozes of all shapes and sizes

    Kelor on
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shaking the acid off, Samhradh attempts to reply with sharp pointy things. Unfortunately, he was still distracted by the pain in his leg.

    Saving ooze: 1d20 19

    Tempest Assault vs AC: 1d20+6 12 1d8+4 12 Miss...

    Re-mark it.

    Brody on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ha! Thats what you get! Stupid Ooze...picking on poor curious dwarves like that...

    Thud winds up and strikes again! His heavy hammer splatters the remains of the Ooze all over the rocks. Smiling grimly with the odor, Thud slips behind the Large Ooze, hopefully avoiding any reprisals at his cleverness, and begins to harass the beast, hopefully giving Akarr some advantage.

    Minor: -
    Standard: Righteous Brand vs. Lurking Ooze C(M10) = 22 vs AC HIT!!! Damage = 8!!! (no need to reroll that one...that Ooze is finished!)
    Move: Move to P9 to flank the Large Ooze with Akarr
    Save: 1d20 = 18 SUCCESS!!!

    Steelhawk on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thoroughly sickened, Nex nevertheless manages to get far enough away from the oozes to not be physically hampered by the smell and attempts to blast the one menacing Samhradh with a mental wave empowered by two shrouds. Unfortunately it fails to connect, but the ooze still takes a little damage from one of the shrouds [5 Damage to L6].

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mindartis continues his conjuration, spinning the sphere into the giant ooze and melting away at it's body then moves cautiously through the rocks of the cave away from the approaching ooze.
    Minor action: Sustain Sphere.
    Standard action: Attack Large Ooze with Flaming Sphere

    Attack roll: 1d20+7 vs Reflex = 20. Hit!
    Damage roll: 2d6+5 = 15.

    Movement action: Move to L10.

    Next up: Akarr and Aieldar.

    Kelor on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Unable to move his legs, Akarr quickly realized he had little choice but to act as the bulwark between the oozing monstrosity and his comrades.

    Standard Action: Lead the Attack on Giant Ooze (Daily)
    Attack Roll: 1d20+7-2=20 vs AC, HIT!
    Damage Roll: 3d8+3=21 damage!

    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, Akarr and each ally within 5 squares has a +3 power bonus to attack rolls versus the Large Ooze.

    Akarr lands a solid blow and cuts a massive swathe through the glistening, translucent hide of the beast. Emboldened by his success, he tries once more to move his legs, but still fails to regain command of his feet.

    Save vs Immobilized: 1d20=3, Fail.

    Scosglen on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Aieldar follows Thud and Mindartis' lead, moving to aid Akarr. Moving quickly over the rocks he lines up his bow and sends two arrows deep into the hulking ooze.
    Movement action: Move to K10.
    Minor action: Mark Large Ooze as Quarry.
    Standard action: Two Fanged Strike on Large Ooze.

    Attack roll 1: 1d20+13 vs AC = 14. Miss. Elven Accuracy to reroll.
    Attack roll redux: 1d20+13 vs AC = 23. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d10+5 = 11.

    Hunter's Quarry: 1d8 = 2.

    Attack roll 2: 1d20+13 vs AC = 18. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d10+5 = 7.


    Since both attacks hit it does extra damage equal to Aieldar's Wisdom modifier, which is 3.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    In the midst of the muffled sounds of the fight, you hear an excited voice come from the rockface, followed by Splug's mishapen head, topped with his bonnet stick out from the sheer rock. "Masters, masters will not believe what Splug has found!" Squinting in the gloom he realises you are still fighting the oozes and pulls his head back through the rock.

    As Thud squeezes past the ooze tentacles squirm out from it's side, reaching out and wiping more acid over
    the dwarf's stout frame. The creature breaks out in a swarming mass of tentacles as he runs behind it, slapping at Akarr, who manages to get his shield between the acidic tentacles. Thud looks up in time to see a huge mass of ooze about to descent upon his head, but is too late to get his shield up to block it. Flinching in preparation he instead sees his elven companion knock an arrow into his bow, quickly sight it and lets fly. The arrow screams through the air, passing through and severing the limb entirely from the ooze before it hammers into the cleric.

    The ooze writhes in pain at this assault, it's surface rippling before exploding in an even more intense stench than before, a mix of sulphur, decaying flesh and damp cloth. Acidic sludge sprays across the room, landing on Akarr but Dwarven luck saves Thud from the danger once more.
    Large Ooze
    AoO on Thud: 1d20+8 vs AC = 25. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 13.


    Standard action: Slam on Akarr.
    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs AC = 13. Miss.

    Action point! Slam on Thud.
    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs AC = 25. Hit!

    Immediate Interrupt! Disrupting Shot from Aieldar at Large Ooze.
    Attack roll: 1d20+13 vs AC = 25. Hit!
    Damage roll: 1d10+5 = 15
    and it's attack roll takes a penalty equal to Aieldar's Wisdom Mod +3 (-6)

    Large Ooze's Slam attack roll: 1d20+8 vs AC = 25 -6 = 19. Miss!


    Free action (When first bloodied)
    Acrid Stench: Burst 2, 1d20+6 vs Fort. 1d10+4 damage and target is immobilised till end of next turn. All squares in the zone are difficult terrain until the end of the encounter.

    Attack roll vs Akarr: 1d20+6 vs Fort = 15. Hit.
    Attack roll vs Thud: 1d20+6 vs Fort = 12. Miss.
    Damage roll: 1d10+4 = 9 and Akarr is immobilised till the end of his next turn.


    Minor action: Attach on Akarr.
    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 26. Akarr is grabbed. While grabbed he takes 6 damage at the beginning of his turn and all damage taken by the ooze is halved between Akarr and the Large Ooze.


    The smaller ooze near the entrance to the cave slides forward once more, towards Aieldar but the wary elf has been keeping an eye on the ooze and having saved Thud dives into a gap in the stalagtites to avoid it's grasp.
    Lurking Ooze A
    Move to K12.
    Minor action: Shift to K11.
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Aieldar.

    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 21. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 9
    and Aieldar has a cumulative -2 to Fortitude. (Save ends)

    Aieldar uses Yield Ground to shift squares equal to his Wisdom and gets +2 to all defenses till the end of his next turn.

    Samhradh's target slaps at him with a grasping tentacle and while he manages to wrench his wrist from it's grasp he can feel his arm weaken from the acid.
    Lurking Ooze B
    Standard action: Bone Melt on Samhradh.
    Attack roll: 1d20+8 vs Fort = 27. Hit.
    Damage roll: 1d6+6 = 9
    and -2 to Fortitude. (Save ends)

    Stats
    Nex
    HP 29/29
    AC 20; Fort 12; Reflex 17; Will 16

    Akarr:
    HP 18/37
    AC 19; Fort; 15 Reflex; 14 Will; 15

    Thud:
    HP 25/38
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 13 Will; 17

    Samhradh:
    HP 24/49 Bloodied
    AC; 18 Fort; 15 Reflex; 16 Will; 15 -2 to Fort. (Save ends)

    Mindartis:
    HP 29/29
    AC; 18 Fort; 12 Reflex; 17 Will; 15

    Aieldar:
    HP 27/36
    AC 18; Fort 12; Ref 17; Will 15 -2 to Fortitude (Save ends), +2 to all defenses till end of next turn

    Large Ooze (O9)
    HP 67/150
    AC 17; Fortitude 19; Reflex 19; Will 18 +3 to all attacks against this creature till the end of the encounter.
    Stench Aura aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Action Points 1
    Slam (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs AC; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the jelly makes a secondary attack
    +6 vs Fortitude; the target is immobilized (save ends)
    Double Attack (standard; at-will) The large ooze makes two slam attacks.
    Attach (minor; at-will) • Acid Targets an immobilized creature; +8 vs Fortitude; -1 the target is grabbed (escape ends). While the target is grabbed, that creature takes 8 acid damage at the start of its turn, and when the Large Ooze is hit by an attack, the Large Ooze takes half damage from the attack and the grabbed creature takes the other half
    Acrid Stench (when first bloodied) • Acid, Zone Close burst 2; +6 vs Fortitude; 1d10 + 4 acid damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of its next turn. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain to creatures other than the large ooze
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The large ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze A (D14)
    HP 56/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.

    Lurking Ooze B (J5)
    HP 39/56
    AC 18; Fortitude 16; Reflex 18; Will 16
    Stench aura 2; each creature within the aura takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
    Immune gaze; Resist 5 acid
    Bone Melt (standard; at-will) • Acid +8 vs Fortitude; 1d6 + 6 acid damage, and the target takes a cumulative -2 penalty to Fortitude each time it hits (save ends)
    Slimy (minor; at-will) The gray ooze shifts 2 squares.


    Map:
    Area5-Round3.jpg

    Features:
    Illumination: Dim light. When making an attack, unless you have Low-Light vision or something similar, you take a -2 penalty to the attack due to concealment. Creating a source of light of some sort will work as well.

    Difficult Terrain: Squares with a triangle in the bottom right corner are difficult terrain and requirement two points of cover to move through. You may only enter a square of difficult terrain if you have enough movement to complete the action. As shifting only moves you one square, you are unable to shift through difficult terrain unless you are shifting in multiples of two.

    Up Next: The Crew.
    On Deck: Oozes of all shapes and sizes

    Kelor on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Ha ha! Moradin is with me, ye foul lump of a....lump!" Thud boasts, winking at the elf who saved his hide, and wincing at the acid burns he's taken.

    Following Akarr's lead, and taking advantage of his flanking position, Thud brings his hammer back again, and with a quick prayer to his god, the head of the hammer is wreathed in holy fire. Thud smashes it down onto the large ooze with gusto. Blobs go flying as the mighty blow hits its mark and divine flames leap from the hammer head onto the ooze, setting it alight. Thud is a happy dwarf, but he'd be much happier once these Oozes are put away for good. Thud plants his feet in a wide stance. He's not moving until this Ooze is finsihed.

    Minor Action: -
    Standard Action: Avenging Flame vs Large Ooze 1d20+8+2(flanking)+3(Akarr) = 29 HIT!!! Damage = 23, plus ongoing 5 fire damage. Woot!
    Move Action: -

    Steelhawk on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nex plugs his nose and takes a step back to get away from the stink of those oozes [Move to L2], then drops a shroud [Ooze J5] on the near one and throws a noose towards it. Thankfully it connects, pulling a chunk of semi-sentient gelatin free from the creature [24 vs Fort Hit, 19 Damage and Slowed, choosing not to pull it].

    susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I guess I should errata Lead the Attack now shouldn't I.....
    :winky:

    Kelor on
  • BrodyBrody Cabot CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Seeing the large ooze fill the space around it a haze of pain, signaling its flagging strength. Seeing it wrap an appendage around Akarr, Samhradh takes the opening and charges in. Or at least towards. But the shattered rocks laying strewn across the floor are as Samhradhs shattered dreams, leaving him slipping and tumbling. Disheartened, he gathers himself up for what is sure to be a terrible assault on his bodily self.

    Immediate Reaction: Wrath of the Destroyer. Charge! Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+9 10 1d8+4 12 Miss, end up in M7

    Save for the ooze. Saving ooze: 1d20 19

    Free-Mark Large Ooze and J5 ooze
    Minor-
    Standard-Second Wind +12 HP +2 Defenses. I won't be pushy this time.
    Move-
    Free-Mark Large Ooze and J5 ooze

    ACTION POINT!

    Standard 2-Thundering StrikeThundering Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 26 1d8+4 12 Large Ooze is Dazed and Deafened.

    Brody on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Am I interpreting this attach move wrong? I'm at -5.

    Does the Daze break the grab at least?


    Akarr is suddenly engulfed by an appendage of the Large Ooze, coiling around his torso, which pulsates with a transfer of excruciating pain from each of his comrade's subsequent attacks. Pushed near the edge of his tolerance for pain, a final asphyxiating wrench from the appendage knocks Akarr unconscious as his body goes limp in shock.

    Save vs Death 1d20=8, Fail

    Save vs Immobilize 1d20=1, Fail.

    Scosglen on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    When you get knocked unconcious you are no longer attached to the ooze, just prone on the floor. So you're at -2 currently.

    Kelor on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mindartis continues to drive the fiery orb into the ooze's side and the air sizzles with fumes as it sears away at it's mass.
    Movement action: Fey Step. Teleport to N13.
    Standard action: Attack Large Ooze with the Flaming Sphere.

    Attack roll: 1d20+10 vs Reflex = 18. Miss D:
    Free action: Wand of Accuracy for +3 to the attack roll, making it a hit.
    Damage roll: 2d6+5= 9.

    Kelor on
Sign In or Register to comment.