Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Well

MULTI snipers are always good

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Really disappointed by the ALEPH pose.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    Yeah, ALEPH is pretty heavy on the cheesecake. My girlfriend is helping me with my painting, and I was really embarrassed to show her the Asura model. Can we have a female model in a non-sexy pose?

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Something someone pointed out on Dakka - simply painting the bare midriff the same colour as the bodysuit under the armour removes a lot of the cheesecake factor. But this is infinity. A release without a female in a pinup pose isn't a proper release.

I really love the Haqqislam spec op. I didn't when I saw the half helmeted bare face head, but the full mask head fits the model superbly. Looks nice, heavy and forceful. I'll be grabbing 4 to do all weapon options, depending on how I'm swinging in a campaign.

I do adore the Yu Jing model though, both helmeted and unhelmeted. It's a spectacular model.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    It wouldn't be a female Infinity model without a bare midriff

So do the spec ops have a generic skillset with different stats and weapon options for each faction?

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Apparently, yes. They start out as a generic LI, I assume with stats around the basic infantry level for that army. As a campaign progresses, they can stat boosts, skills and other bonuses.

It's basically a way to add level progression to a campaign without going the whole hog like Necromunda.

There's two ways to play a campaign. Normal, where the spec ops come back after they die in the next mission, and Story, where once a spec ops is dead, he's dead. Jim.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Gencon concept art previews, courtesy of /tg/.
    http://imgur.com/a/BslLk#0

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    I think the best news was that Mercenaries in the 4th book will be their own army, though it's not known if it's more like a couple of sectorials drawing heavily from Merc forces and lightly from others or a full blown Merc list.

• Options
    jabrams007jabrams007 Registered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Gencon concept art previews, courtesy of /tg/.
    http://imgur.com/a/BslLk#0

Here is another good link from GenCon showcasing a lot of concept art and whatnot. I can't wait for the Aleph motorcycle amazonian warriors!

I need to find out who their concept artist is, but if he or she came out with an art book for sale, I would buy it in a second. I love the sketches.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting about this thread!
    Ok, so my brother IMs me last night saying a friend has a super sweet Infinity board set up and now he's going Haqqislam. Anyway, I have a copy of the hardback rulebook (maybe softback, can't remember) that my bro was looking at back in the UK.
    The book is many years old at this point.3-5 maybe? I'm under the impression there's been a new version of the rules since then, but my bro says the cover is the same as the one on the Infinity webstore. Is it good to go or is it likely to be outdated? He has the PDF rules but books are obviously a bit easier to read

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    The books are also out of date.

The PDF rules are the way to go. The books are basically for fluff.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    The books are fine for reference, but my group at least mostly uses the pdfs, Wiki and Army Infinity. We can go weeks without actually picking up a book.

In another news, I've started playing Infinity again and I am Rubbish at it! Who has two tumbs and lost 7 guys to one boarding shotgun? This guy right here!

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    What faction are you again?

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Bad news on the spec ops models.

While they come with 4 weapons, only the default weapon (for example, pistol+knife for the Yu Jing spec op) is attached to the arms. The other weapons are just that - weapons. It's up to you to figure out how to cut the original weapon out of the hands and put the new weapon in.

• Options
    Meh, nothing new for me. Been playing Heavy Gear.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    That is disappointing. Are the spec ops models plastics?

• Options
    Nothing in Infinity has been so far, and they would've said otherwise.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone have any opinions on this 250pt list? I built it out of models I have either completely painted or unprimed.

61.png ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 (Regs: 7/Irrs: 0):

61_4.pngASURA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW (73)
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Multispectral Visor L3, Lieutenant

61_6.pngNAGA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife (39 | 1.5)
    sep.gifCH: Camouflage, Infiltration, V: Dogged

61_6.pngNAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife (32)

61_3.pngDEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (35 | 0.5)
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Hacking Device

61_2.pngGARUDA Tacbot (GARUDA Tacbot) HMG / Electric Pulse (31 | 1.5)
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism, AD : Combat Jump

61_1.pngDAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse (13)
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism

61_12.pngZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse (27 | 1)
    sep.gifTotal Reaction, Repeater, Climbing Plus, 360º Visor

250 Points | SWC: 4.5

ARMY CODE:
    eNozM1Q1UTNWM6wxUzMCk4ZA0hjMNgKx1fJSrdwdg0JdHBVCEpOT8ktqDNUMgJKGRiAKAMotDzY=

Army Infinity v.3.0.

I'm a little nervous about leaving out any ODD or TO camo, and having only one high armor figure, but it's fast, has long ranges, and a decent model count.

kaorti on
  • Options
    The Monofilament mines are going to wreck shit. The Asura worries me a bit, but then again I'm pretty biased against anything short of a Spitfire or HMG. Zayin is nice but it's a huge risk if you're not packing a Sophotect to keep it in working order.

Tried experimenting with Posthumans? They're incredibly point-efficient. You can replace the Naga with a MkII sniper and the Deva with a Mk1 Hacker. You have one less order to go around but that's what Netrods are for, and you saved up enough points to mix things up in the rest of the list, probably enough points to get you a Spitfire Myrmidon instead of a Dakini. Let me try making a list.

61.png ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 (Regs: 8/Irrs: 0):

61_18.pngPROXY Mk.1 Hacker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (22 | 0.5)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:13 PH:11 WIP:15 ARM:2 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Jumper L1
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Hacking Device

61_19.pngPROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (29 | 1.5)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:13 PH:13 WIP:15 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Jumper L1
    sep.gifCH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, V: No Wound Incapacitation

61_6.pngNAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife (32)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:12 PH:12 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, Cube

61_2.pngGARUDA Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse (31 | 1.5)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:8 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:-3 STR:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Remote Presence
    sep.gifCH: Mimetism, AD: Combat Jump

61_12.pngZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse (27 | 1)
    sep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:8 BS:11 PH:8 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:-3 STR:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Remote Presence
    sep.gifTotal Reaction, Repeater, Climbing Plus, 360º Visor

61_4.pngASURA MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW (73)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:16 BS:14 PH:14 WIP:15 ARM:5 BTS:-6 W:2
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, Cube
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Multispectral Visor L3

61_3.pngDEVA Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife (26)
    sep.gifMOV:4-4 CC:14 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:15 ARM:2 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, Cube, G: Synchronized
    sep.gifV: No Wound Incapacitation, Lieutenant

sep.gifsep.gif61_3.pngDEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse
    sep.gifsep.gifsep.gifMOV:6-4 CC:8 BS:10 PH:8 WIP:11 ARM:0 BTS:-3 W:1
    sep.gifsep.gifsep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous, G: Synchronized, G: Synchronized
    sep.gifsep.gifsep.gifLieutenant

61_16.png2x NETROD Electric Pulse (4)
    sep.gifMOV:- CC:- BS:- PH:12 WIP:- ARM:0 BTS:-3 STR:1
    sep.gifRegular, Not Impetuous
    sep.gifAD: Combat Jump, AI Beacon

248 Points | SWC: 4.5

ARMY CODE:
    eNozM1Q1tFAzUDOsMbQEU2ZqhkDSCEwaGoGFTMCksZopSMgMohhMAQCb2A1c

Army Infinity v.3.0.

All right, so I found it pretty hard to fit a Sophotect here. You NEED a hacker, so that's going to be hard to work with. This list gives you two LT options that you can swap around with little effort (Deva + Devabot or Asura!), and if you REALLY want a Sophotect, dump the Deva/Devabot and bring her in. From there you can simply try and squeeze in a yudbot if at all possible.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Has anyone here assembled a posthuman mk 3 before? I've got two of these little fern-looking attachments, but I can only find one place to attach one. Was it a mispack or am I missing something?

• Options
    The really long fin looking things? They attach to the head. To the sides of the head, I believe.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Nah, the short triangular one. The long ones fit well into their intended places.

• Options
    I don't even see anything like that on the model, derp.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So this is a thing now that GW has priced me out of their hobby. (Assholes.)

I like the Haqqislamists and the Nomads. Sell me on their strengths and weaknesses. I like the Haqqislamists models, but I like the tricksy Nomad playstyle and SOME of their models.

Aleph looks cool but I'm not ready for that level of sophistication. What's the story with Tohaa? Playstyle?

EDIT- I'm gonna be sitting here reading the rules on the wiki, I would LOOOOVE if someone would message me so I could speak to someone live to answer my questions.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Did some more reading on the rules. Liking what I see. Even if the rulebooks (that is 2nd edition and Human Sphere) are out of date rules-wise, are they worth it for the fluff? I'm a fluff junkie.

• Options
    Tohaa ain't even out yet. We don't know what they do besides being able to operate in multiple 3 man link teams and having apparently easy access to viral weaponry and biotechy stuff.

Yeah, the fluff is pretty awesome. You'd definitely love it. Artwork is nice, too.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Got my rulebook. Can anyone tell me precisely what sort of things of it are obsolete? I'm taking a 9 hour drive to N. Carolina with friends this weekend, so this fellow will be keeping me company.

Liking the look of the game, very fun, and the factions seem diverse and interesting. As I said before, I'm leaning Tohaa because I like their look. I also like Haqqislamm, the Nomads, and the Ariadna, though I think the Nomads and Ariadna would be better second (or third!) armies instead of starter. I wish the rulebooks had art for each unit, but meh spoiled by 40k.

When does Paradiso drop?

• Options
    The rules for starting the game are obsolete. Check the Wiki or one of the .pdf rulebooks for the update. I'm not sure about any of the other rules.

• Options
    Yeah, as a rule, the rulebooks for infinity are for fluff. They update the rules quite often and throw them on their website. By now, the books are pretty well obsolete.

• Options
    *sigh* Will I still get a decent idea of how to play from the rulebook???? I can look up the changes later, but I'm not going to sit there with a laptop in the car.

• Options
    Yeah, the structure of the game shouldn't be different, mostly just tweaks. So reading the rulebook, then later reading the updated set on the website, will be like getting the rules FAQ'd.

As a side note, the rulebook does a terrible job of spelling out the turn sequence and how to generally run through a game. The quick start rules do this far better.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Something for the Yu Jing players this month. Wu Ming corp.

Infinity-Sneek-Peek-Wu-M%C3%ADng-Assault-Corps-1.jpg

Also, new terrain from Warmill. This is actually about 7 bits of terrain that can either be used separately or interlocked in a variety of combinations. I believe the central shaft is two stacked on top of each other, the suspended pod at the back is the same as the second storey near the front with a different roof, the bottom storey at the front is another, and at the right is two of the same, the top storey is just not using the walkway.

e61404c174fca58ad515e7ede8e51222_41690.jpg

They also sell an awesome food stand. It has 4 different sets of perspex holo displays, one for a noodle bar, one for a donut shop, one for a dolphin stand and one for a fried watersnake stand.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Thing of something like this for 200 points. Mainly because I love those fat tag thighs.

Combat Group 1 Orders: 6

Guijia » Lieutenant SWC:3.0 Cost:91
    Celestial Guard » Hacker (Hacking Device) SWC:0.5 Cost:25
    Zhanshi » Paramedic (Medkit) SWC:0.0 Cost:15
    Invincible » MULTI Rifle SWC:0.0 Cost:42
    Zhanshi » Combi Rifle SWC:0.0 Cost:11
    Zhanshi » Combi Rifle SWC:0.0 Cost:11

Total SWC: 3.5 Total Points: 195

Any thoughts?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    I wants the Wu Ming even more than the noodlebar.

I want the noodlebar a lot.

Svenska, you should try to run as close to a max group as possible with a TAG because they are order hungry. Also, 200 is an odd points value. I'd build for 250 as that seems to be a more common points value. Well that or 300.

• Options
    Right now the group is doing 150 point games, and we're all looking to bump it up a little bit at a time.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

• Options
    Fair enough. I assume you're just building from the starter? I personally prefer the Shang Ji over the normal Invincible. Sure you lose out on Multi Ammo, but LFTs on HI are golden and the better move values and BTS are also really good. You don't necessarily need a defensive hacker either. The Guijia has -6 BTS naturally, so often you're better off just letting hackers roll against its BTS.

• Options
    Just to add to the above about that Warmill terrain.

They just confirmed that once they have all those different peices in that huge complex for sale, they'll be selling 'complex bundles' with instructions on how to lock all the bits together, also cheaper than buying them all separately.

They basically got my money saying that. 2-3 of those huge complexes, a few of their habitation pods and walls, some snack shops, and some microart studios holo displays, and my Bourak board will be underway.

• Options
    So, we're all pretty new at this game still so I was wanting to make sure I was getting some of the rules down correctly.

My intruder sniper has a multi sniper rifle that can shoot either 2 burst of ap or 1 burst worth of the da ammo, which does 2 wounds if it hits? I ask because the sniper has been rocking face, covering lanes that just drop most dudes that try to get through.

Thanks for the help

• Options
    edited October 2012
    You can shoot at burst 2 for either AP or DA ammo. It's burst one for integrated AP+DA ammo. Some MULTI weapons can also shoot normal ammo at burst 3. DA ammo requies 2 armor rolls for each hit, but that doesn't necessarily translate into two wounds. See also T2 ammo.

kaorti on
  • Options
    Snap, I read that wrong then. Thanks for the quick reply.

This discussion has been closed.