As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dungeons and Dragons and [Mini-Phallas] (Mafia Wins!)

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    One of the things with faction games is that once a bandwagon is started, there's no incentive to stop it. As soon as you acquire a few votes there's a 99% chance you're dead. Which really sucks for people like The Anonymous. But I'm pretty ambivalent about it.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous, sheepin it up.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now this is a bandwagon

The Anonymous wont be so anonymous when we find out who he is!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    [sheep]
    T_A
    [/sheep]

Megatin on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous for maximum bandwagon power!

ronrab on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous appears to be going down tonight.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous' name will no longer apply after tonight.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn, almost missed voting. I'll throw a vote on The Anonymous and go back to reading.

Got a few boxes full of good fantasy novels at the local flea market- mostly TSR-related, but there's enough here to last me through the end of October.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Night 2! - Shenanigans!

The Anonymous: So, guys, I thi-

Everyone else: He's Neutral! Roast him!

DM: The dragon breathes in deeply, however, one of The Anonymous's party members shoves a glass orb in his hands.

The Anonymous: Stop! Don't kill me.

DM: The dragon agrees and doesn't kill him. At this, the orb shatters into tiny fragments.

Everyone else: WHAT! BULLSHIT!

However, in the scuffling, many more characters fell, not to rise again. Unless they turned into zombies. Then they would rise again.

Phyphor - Lawful Good Paladin
    Dunadan019 - BALANCE Psion
    Dainant - BALANCE Spelltheif

Ebfan - Chaotic Evil Assassin

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    God damnit, what is it with hosts and vote immunity all of a sudden.

The Anonymous, do you have a very good reason we shouldn't lynch you again?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Eh, it was most likely an Orb of Dragon Control. A one-shot item and it's spent. The Anonymous just because that was such a waste of a good item.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous because people are not usually immune twice.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BULLSHIT.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

Romanqwerty, who is obviously trying to get us to vote for people he can protect from the vote.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    BULLSHIT.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

Romanqwerty, who is obviously trying to get us to vote for people he can protect from the vote.

LOL. That would be a brilliant plan, except for the fact that its pretty stupid. If i was trying to get you to vote for people, i would pick someone outside my faction.

Which is exactly what i'm doing. Frankly, i don't give a damn who eats the vote as long as it isn't someone in my faction.

Even putting that aside, this doesn't even make any sense as it was obviously a vote immune item, voting for me would just cause me to hold onto the item and make myself vote immune.

tldr; Read the narration carefully and think about your accusations before you make them.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    romanqwerty.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ooooOOOOOOooooooo
    Wait, wha...
    ooooOOOOOoooooooo

daniant on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    While I believe that lynching The Anonymous is the core of all essential strategy and game theory, I'm concerned that repeated application may be habit forming.

Ah well. There are worse addictions to have.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    Red Shirt 101Red Shirt 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    ooooOOOOOOooooooo
    Wait, wha...
    ooooOOOOOoooooooo

ooooOOOOooooOOOO

Hey, at least you survived yesterday.

You want to know how?

Cause I bus drivered you and me! I got killed because all the attacks going to you came to me!

*sigh* Oh well.

ooooOOOOooooOOOO

Red Shirt 101 on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    while I think it is moot to ask if someone seer'ed The_Anonymous, does anyone know what the **** happened?

im gonna bang my head on the wall if we get more of this vote immune junk...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't believe you guys are going to let romanqwerty tool you like this.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Let

me

go

Master I hate. you. so!

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    I can't believe you guys are going to let romanqwerty tool you like this.

Do you remember what JaysonFour did in your last game? Yeah you're doing it now.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Let

me

go

Master I hate. you. so!

No. The roads must be strengthened, the wheels repaired.

We all have our part to play in His plan.

Tell me this, how can bandwagons ride otherwise?

Alegis on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    while I think it is moot to ask if someone seer'ed The_Anonymous, does anyone know what the **** happened?

im gonna bang my head on the wall if we get more of this vote immune junk...

Why would anyone seer the person eating the vote yesterday.

Critical Thinking GOOOOOOOOOO

Also, The Ender, since you are clearly in T_A's faction, can you please tell us more about why your faction mate dodged the vote? Without a reason from either of you, I see no way that we can justify NOT voting T_A, when it seems to be a one time immunity based on narration as far as I can tell.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous in the hopes that there is only the one orb.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Anonymous

Do it til it takes

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No one seems interested in the fact we seem to have two neutral factions? I guess not. More people not our alignment to kill!

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ronrab wrote: »
    No one seems interested in the fact we seem to have two neutral factions? I guess not. More people not our alignment to kill!

Do you really expect people to strategise publicly in a faction game?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Something I forgot to mention, for the sake of voting records: I have no idea who gave me that Orb thing. It wasn't someone in my faction, so I'm willing to bet it was someone from an evil faction using it as a way to waste today's vote while keeping it off themselves. Make of it what you will.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Something I forgot to mention, for the sake of voting records: I have no idea who gave me that Orb thing. It wasn't someone in my faction, so I'm willing to bet it was someone from an evil faction using it as a way to waste today's vote while keeping it off themselves. Make of it what you will.

If someone was [strike]evil[/strike] mafia and had a vote-immune orb, giving it away would be the stupidest ploy ever.

Why would they just not save it until the vote lands on of their own. They gain absolutely nothing by giving it to you.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, if your faction also got an item last night could you contact me (i don't want faction/role info).

I'm trying to divulge how the item system works.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If someone was [strike]evil[/strike] mafia and had a vote-immune orb, giving it away would be the stupidest ploy ever.

Why would they just not save it until the vote lands on of their own. They gain absolutely nothing by giving it to you.
    If someone was [strike]evil[/strike] mafia
    Since when was there a mafia? I thought it was just a faction game. Or is there something you're not telling us?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Evil lurks everywhere. It may manifest in any individual, and even grow from a desire to do good.

There is only one Lord of Phalla. And he does not share victory!

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

If someone was [strike]evil[/strike] mafia
    Since when was there a mafia? I thought it was just a faction game. Or is there something you're not telling us?

Read the OP. Neutral players are against everyone (i.e. mafia). Also, if you're assuming a regular faction wants to destroy vote records at huge cost to them (giving up one night of vote immunity), you're failing at logic and reasoning.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Read the OP. Neutral players are against everyone (i.e. mafia). Also, if you're assuming a regular faction wants to destroy vote records at huge cost to them (giving up one night of vote immunity), you're failing at logic and reasoning.

DM: The dragon perks up at this. Well, I guess there may be neutrals who just don't care about which side I pick. But those Balance nuts definitely want to kill all of you to keep me from making a decision.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited August 2010
    Somebody is really frickin' mean. I can't believe you killed Dani day 2 in the D&D phalla. I hope the person who did it remains hidden, because if it's revealed at the end she may form a lifetime grudge. Damn...

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The gypsy girl had a choice. She could have chosen for me instead of the pyre.

Like fire!
    Hellfire! This fire in my skin
    This burning desire is turning me to sin

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

DM: The dragon perks up at this. Well, I guess there may be neutrals who just don't care about which side I pick. But those Balance nuts definitely want to kill all of you to keep me from making a decision.

Are the people death revealed as BALANCE players part of a different faction than the 'true neutral' mentioned in the OP.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Balance is true neutral. This is my bad. I had them named two different things in my notes.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So what is Red Shirt 101, then? He's just listed as "Neutral".

Megatin on