As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

999[DS] / VLR / ZE3 [3DS/PSV]: Wassup. You have ...Somnium Files? Siggyyy. Phidooo.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    I am stuck forever. Please help.
    D-team locker room
    I escaped from this room but I need a code. I figured I could jump somewhere else and come back later, but it seems the only places I can go are back to the transporter room. Choosing not to transport did not help. I can't select any other team. What am I missing?
    Did you jump before failing the password prompt for the door of truth?
    No I failed to enter the password and then was forced to choose a scenario, but only the transporter room and locker room were available.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    So I got to The Big Reveal towards the end. Or, well, the biggest one yet.
    In my last post, when I was trying to figure out how to progress, I said:
    The only other choice with a node I haven't explored is the 3-way standoff, where I thought the last node was Q shooting himself to show them he's a robot. But when I try "Q" it says "Enter Q's name" and when I try "Sean" (as I learned in the Reality fragment) it errors out.

At this point in writing this post, I realized I still hadn't used the name "Delta" anywhere. I tried it as the FQB password, but it didn't work. So for the hell of it, I went back to the 3 way standoff and entered in Delta. That didn't unlock any new nodes and now I'm really confused.

That just got a whole lot funnier.

Haha
    I was like "oh no, he did it backwards!"

I wonder if the twist is better or worse if you find out about it that way.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    So I got to The Big Reveal towards the end. Or, well, the biggest one yet.
    In my last post, when I was trying to figure out how to progress, I said:
    The only other choice with a node I haven't explored is the 3-way standoff, where I thought the last node was Q shooting himself to show them he's a robot. But when I try "Q" it says "Enter Q's name" and when I try "Sean" (as I learned in the Reality fragment) it errors out.

At this point in writing this post, I realized I still hadn't used the name "Delta" anywhere. I tried it as the FQB password, but it didn't work. So for the hell of it, I went back to the 3 way standoff and entered in Delta. That didn't unlock any new nodes and now I'm really confused.

That just got a whole lot funnier.

Haha
    I was like "oh no, he did it backwards!"

I wonder if the twist is better or worse if you find out about it that way.
    Luckily I didn't 100% piece it together until Junpei and Akane talked about the anagram and then I was like "Wait... no... they wouldn't... how would that even..." so I was still pretty surprised at the actual reveal.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    A friend straight-up told me the password. Apparently you're supposed to learn it at another point in the game that I'm locked out of. Hopefully it lets me use the password even if I didn't learn it in the game.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wait, really?

Really?

That strikes me as exceedingly bad design. And after VLR, which handled this exact scenario in a way that makes sense.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I think so. I am looking it up before I input the password to see if there's a way to choose another scenario but I really do seem locked in.

edit: wait I selected the ! under the transporter room. There may be a way forward afterall.

Taya on
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that too, but wasn't... Sure...

Oh my god! of course!

• Options
    It's still kind of dumb though. The ! was blacked out. It's not obvious to try and press it.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    True.

I almost pushed it, and then didn't.

I guess it's meant to be subtle, and the lockout makes you search harder? Probably could've been done better, though.
    doing that does unlock the other fragments again.

Enlong on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I <3 Mira

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Taya wrote: »
    I think so. I am looking it up before I input the password to see if there's a way to choose another scenario but I really do seem locked in.

edit: wait I selected the ! under the transporter room. There may be a way forward afterall.

I would like to give you a warning, based on personal experience, that you might want to either plan on ending your play session for the night fairly soon, or get locked in for a long ride, because you're not going to want to put it down. Only reason I am right now is because I'm eating.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, I'd say go back to the fragments until you get the password in normal play.

I myself have gone back to C team for the moment.

I find myself second-guessing everything Akane says.

...and I guess I will need to go to Q team at some point. I really don't want to see more Eric, though.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Also, (very mild spoilers regarding the basic setup):
    The X-Passes are totally related to the characters in an oblique way, right? I have generally missed the board (if they show it) but some of these absolutely have to be specific to certain characters.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Spoilers for D-Manufacturing:
    Since the balls go through a spiral, couldn't they have disarmed the bomb simply by knocking it onto its side, even after it's been triggered?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Eventually I took to trawling the flow chart for !s. But the easier way is to go back to fragments you haven't "completed". Each fragment has X segments, and when you complete all of the segments you get a "fragment completed!" message. You can also hit Y (or touch "shift") on the flow chart to enter the fragment view and check each one individually without needing to hop around the team select screen.

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    The X-Passes are totally related to the characters in an oblique way, right? I have generally missed the board (if they show it) but some of these absolutely have to be specific to certain characters.
    im pretty sure they are.

For example. The passes that are revealed with the death of C team?

"Fire" (Carlos is a fireman)
    "Crash" (Akane's Organization is called "Crash Keys", after her surname of "kurashiki")
    "Five" (Junpei was #5 in the Nonary Game)

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say go back to the fragments until you get the password in normal play.

I myself have gone back to C team for the moment.

I find myself second-guessing everything Akane says.

...and I guess I will need to go to Q team at some point. I really don't want to see more Eric, though.

Yeah I'm doing a Q-team room now. Eric is more unpleasant than Dio, I think.

My friend told me the door password but not what it means or how to get it so I'm still unspoiled.

• Options
    milski wrote: »
    im pretty sure they are.

For example. The passes that are revealed with the death of C team?

"Fire" (Carlos is a fireman)
    "Crash" (Akane's Organization is called "Crash Keys", after her surname of "kurashiki")
    "Five" (Junpei was #5 in the Nonary Game)
    Now I kind of want to figure out who "Virgin" applied to, since that's one of the ones I've seen. And some of the others sound like they could be plot relevant. I noticed when I saw "Lake" and knew it was Eric.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Fucking hell, Akane.

(C team pantry)
    "What's wrong Akane?"
    "Oh, I was just remembering how much fun I had baking as a child."

• Options
    Fucking hell, Akane.

(C team pantry)
    "What's wrong Akane?"
    "Oh, I was just remembering how much fun I had baking as a child."
    PHRASING

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Using the "memo" feature on the PC is the worst, even on a tablet PC with a stylus.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Using the "memo" feature on the PC is the worst, even on a tablet PC with a stylus.

It's pretty awful on Vita too if that's any consolation. I gave up entirely and just started using my phone.

• Options
    It's not the best even on 3DS. The pen size is way too large, I think.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    It's not the best even on 3DS. The pen size is way too large, I think.

And the sensitivity is horrible.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    post-FQB
    GODDAMNIT ZERO

edit: even later post-FQB:
    GODDAMNIT ZERO

edit: and now I've finished the whole game.
    I'll make a long post on my thoughts tomorrow but for now I'll heave it at "alright Zero, good job."

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    The most fun thing (end-game huge spoilz)
    Is going back after you've beaten it and playing through the Q-Team scenes looking for when they're actually talking to/about Delta and looking for where Delta's shadow appears in the scenes.

There's lots of tiny little hints that he's actually there the whole time.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Is going back after you've beaten it and playing through the Q-Team scenes looking for when they're actually talking to/about Delta and looking for where Delta's shadow appears in the scenes.

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING STILL
    Yeah, I was having a discussion about that with my friend, about how the telltale sign of a great plot twist makes you want to immediately replay the game. I have no idea how this game slam-dunked it so hard, but it did.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

More endgame spoilers
    So in the study, is that middle portrait supposed to represent Q aka Delta as a matryoshka doll, or is that for Sean?
    The matryoshka for Delta could represent how his plan contained Akane's plan which contained Sigma's plan, plans all the way down!
    I don't get any greater meaning for the other portraits and I don't understand what Junpei's is.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Epilogue files
    I'm getting Xenogears flashbacks

• Options
    To risk the terror that is invoking TVTropes, I had a fridge-moment. All-spoilers, seriously do not click unless you've beat the game.
    Think about Diana's choice in the incinerator room now that you know who everyone is.

• Options
    To risk the terror that is invoking TVTropes, I had a fridge-moment. All-spoilers, seriously do not click unless you've beat the game.
    Think about Diana's choice in the incinerator room now that you know who everyone is.
    That moment with the Force Quit box where they all remember and all hug each other was waterworks af

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I need help for what to do after the computer room plot spoilers:
    I did Q's stuff. I got the 8 digit code. And I learned who he is after he punched it in. But now what? The first thought was to his force quit box, but the code doesn't work. It also doesn't work on the door of truth. Going back to the two name entry junctions Q is in and using his real name does nothing. I even thought to go back to the very first cutscenes with him where Eric tries taking the helmet off and sees the keypad on it, and nothing. I've exhausted every other branching path, and they're all dead ending. Where the hell do I use this code, or what do I have to do next?

edit: Ok, I think I found a path. Not really liking some of the shenanigans this game is pulling though.
    On the Q-Team side:
    It's on me that I was dense enough to not realize I could have typed "nobody" during the crossbow choice. Though experimenting more with pronouns, it's annoying that typing Q gets you "Enter Q's real name", and using his real name gives you "Error". Meanwhile typing Myself is the recognized "You cannot commit suicide" line. Ignoring the fact that typing Carlos on his choice was perfectly fine. On the "Who killed Mira" prompt, slightly miffed that the answer was to run down the clock. It had all the tappings of "figure out the name on another path and enter it", but whatever.

On the D-Team side:
    The gun incinerator trap. Ok, do nothing and shoot/real bullet are clearly options. The 3rd branch though is obviously going to be shoot/blank. Well I remembered the bullshit the game pulled with the dice choice, so I reloaded it 3 times, and 3 times Sigma dies. And the magic answer is... do it a 4th time.

...Ugh. Fuck off with this bullshit please.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    So I think I need a nudge in the right direction.

So far I have the D-1 and Q-1 endings and I have completely ran out of fragments

My current avenues of pursuit are
    two more options on who I shoot with a crossbow as Q

All of the force quit boxes

The door with Diana and Sigma

The Q whodunit at shotgunpoint

Have I missed something? The only code I've gotten so far is
    Q's helmet, but there doesnt seem to be a relevant scenario for that. I tried the code everywhere else too, and nothing.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So I think I need a nudge in the right direction.

So far I have the D-1 and Q-1 endings and I have completely ran out of fragments

My current avenues of pursuit are
    two more options on who I shoot with a crossbow as Q

All of the force quit boxes

The door with Diana and Sigma

The Q whodunit at shotgunpoint

Have I missed something? The only code I've gotten so far is
    Q's helmet, but there doesnt seem to be a relevant scenario for that. I tried the code everywhere else too, and nothing.
    Have you tried saying nothing when Q is asked whodunnit?

Also, have you tried shooting nobody when prompted?

The fourth option in that scenario is something you need to wait on though. You don't yet know enough to get it.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    I need help for what to do after the computer room plot spoilers:
    I did Q's stuff. I got the 8 digit code. And I learned who he is after he punched it in. But now what? The first thought was to his force quit box, but the code doesn't work. It also doesn't work on the door of truth. Going back to the two name entry junctions Q is in and using his real name does nothing. I even thought to go back to the very first cutscenes with him where Eric tries taking the helmet off and sees the keypad on it, and nothing. I've exhausted every other branching path, and they're all dead ending. Where the hell do I use this code, or what do I have to do next?

edit: Ok, I think I found a path. Not really liking some of the shenanigans this game is pulling though.
    On the Q-Team side:
    It's on me that I was dense enough to not realize I could have typed "nobody" during the crossbow choice. Though experimenting more with pronouns, it's annoying that typing Q gets you "Enter Q's real name", and using his real name gives you "Error". Meanwhile typing Myself is the recognized "You cannot commit suicide" line. Ignoring the fact that typing Carlos on his choice was perfectly fine. On the "Who killed Mira" prompt, slightly miffed that the answer was to run down the clock. It had all the tappings of "figure out the name on another path and enter it", but whatever.

On the D-Team side:
    The gun incinerator trap. Ok, do nothing and shoot/real bullet are clearly options. The 3rd branch though is obviously going to be shoot/blank. Well I remembered the bullshit the game pulled with the dice choice, so I reloaded it 3 times, and 3 times Sigma dies. And the magic answer is... do it a 4th time.

...Ugh. Fuck off with this bullshit please.

Spoiler for your D-Team side comment:
    Whether it's a live round or blank is 100% random each time you try. First time I did it Diana fired a blank. I had to go back to try again to get the live round result.

Of course, this doesn't make that frustration any less. I got stuck on a Q decision point for a while myself which drove me nuts.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Ok, any mild annoyances might be forgiven, as I laughed out loud at one part.

This is post C-Power Room spoiler territory:
    "Ok... we're going to shield you from the bullets... and die."
    "THE FUCK?!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i was stuck for really stupid reasons
    Apparently getting the execution scenes to trigger is weirdly inconsistent? idk. Necessary to view some fragments tho!

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Apparently getting the execution scenes to trigger is weirdly inconsistent? idk. Necessary to view some fragments tho!
    Execution Vote:
    Not so much that it's inconsistent, more that you have to do them in sequence since it keeps whatever votes you made until you replay that segment.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular

Comment on your spoiler:
    I don't think it's actually inconsistent, but tracks what you most recently chose for the other two teams when you go back and change your vote. So if the last time you went in as C team you voted for Q team, and Q team vote for C team, then when you go into D team's decision they can trigger the execution of either of those teams.

However, if you had C team vote for D team, then D team could either get no execution (if they vote for Q team) or C team execution only (if they vote for C team). In this case you need to change the other team's votes to get the other executions, keeping in mind what D team voted.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    Xerink wrote: »

Comment on your spoiler:
    I don't think it's actually inconsistent, but tracks what you most recently chose for the other two teams when you go back and change your vote. So if the last time you went in as C team you voted for Q team, and Q team vote for C team, then when you go into D team's decision they can trigger the execution of either of those teams.

However, if you had C team vote for D team, then D team could either get no execution (if they vote for Q team) or C team execution only (if they vote for C team). In this case you need to change the other team's votes to get the other executions, keeping in mind what D team voted.
    It's actually inconsistent, though. I got "execute Q" by changing a vote, then got "Execute D" by changing Q team's vote. Which is obviously not enough to change the execution results.

I ate an engineer