As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout New Vegas: Post in the NEW thread, you dorks.

• Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fallout New Vegas: Brokeback Chuck

C2B on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    BoredGamer wrote: »
    Jesus christ is there a doctor in primm?

My leg is fucked.

You can fast travel with a crippled limb (I do it all the time - apparently I'm attracted to FUCKING LAND MINES like a dog to antifreeze).

EDIT: What level is the strong back/pack mule whatever the perk is that allows an extra 30-40 lbs. of cargo? I NEED more capacity. Also, is it me or is finding useful plants ridiculously rare? Damn you prickly pears and white nettle things.

Really reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. "Come here you little beauty".

I looted a wolf once and was suddenly reminded of how happy I was I didn't have to sit through the terrible animation.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The negative of course is that you don't get a horse. Was it Fallout 2 that allowed you to repair a car? Someone should really use the GECK to remake Fallout 1. That would rule.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I have made it my entire characters goal to exterminate every powder ganger in existence from the face of New Vegas.

Edit: All of them must die.

Seriously. If my first interaction with a faction is one of their members giving me shit, you'd best believe I'm unloading with the lever action.

I made the same decision. I had it in my head that I'd play a decent character. Not bad, not especially good either. But near the beginning of the game when that Powder Ganger in Trudy's bar starting mouthing off, I was like "Hey hey hey, wait just a damn minute. Who do you think you are?"

After that, like you, I decided they all must die. And so far they have. And will continue to.

Ohio on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    The negative of course is that you don't get a horse. Was it Fallout 2 that allowed you to repair a car? Someone should really use the GECK to remake Fallout 1. That would rule.

No

God NO

There are hunderds of other engines I would like to see F1 remade BEFORE gamebryo.

C2B on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man, a Fallout 1 remake would be terrible. Because it would never get finished and we would all cry.

Malakaius on
    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    GalactusGoGalactusGo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    Fallout New Vegas: Brokeback Chuck

pssh who needs Arcade. I took the cowboy and confirmed bachelor perk. Boone keeps asking for his berret back,I believe he is upset with our matching cowboy hats and tribal underwear outfits. He doesnt understand the nature of our adventures yet.

GalactusGo on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I have made it my entire characters goal to exterminate every powder ganger in existence from the face of New Vegas.

Edit: All of them must die.

That brings to mind something I thought of--why are there so many of them? If they're just a group of escaped convicts, shouldn't there only a couple dozen, tops? I've personally wiped out twice that many so far, and I'm still near the beginning.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Companions question
    Where does Boone go if you dismiss him?

I want to give Cass a shot.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ConfuseousPrimeConfuseousPrime Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I just randomly encountered a group of giant ants fighting a Radscorpion. They took him down and now there's a ton of worker ants feating on his corpse and (presumably) bringing his body back to the nest for further consumption. I tiptoed away after witnessing this and they didn't even notice I was there. 8-)

ConfuseousPrime on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I can't imagine not playing in hardcore mode. Makes me plan my trips around water sources. So awesome.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reddeathreddeath Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Holy crap has anyone finished vault 11 yet?
    It has to be hands down the most cruel vault-tec experiment ever. All they had to do was stop feeding people to the machine, but they just kept sacrificing people to the figurative volcano god. Makes me wonder honestly how the fuck some people anywhere, thing fallout 3 had better writing. Like I read the rock paper shotgun review for this game and it's so off base it's disgusting, like it came from bizzaro world.

reddeath on
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If ammo didn't weigh anything, I'd be okay with hardcore mode. But that's a dealbreaker. Hell, I modded FO2 so ammo was weightless, I feel so strongly about this.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I just randomly encountered a group of giant ants fighting a Radscorpion. They took him down and now there's a ton of worker ants feating on his corpse and (presumably) bringing his body back to the nest for further consumption. I tiptoed away after witnessing this and they didn't even notice I was there. 8-)
    I dynamited them.

Potato, potato.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So...I've been playing and do I even have to worry about Karma?

Because, I don't even see a gauge for it on my pipboy.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So.

The Indiana Jones hat looks terrible on female characters

That is all

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Companions question
    Where does Boone go if you dismiss him?

I want to give Cass a shot.
    I have that bug too, I think Boone is just stuck in the geometry somewhere and as far as I know there's no "summon follower" option, which is quite the oversight.

Darlan on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If ammo didn't weigh anything, I'd be okay with hardcore mode. But that's a dealbreaker. Hell, I modded FO2 so ammo was weightless, I feel so strongly about this.

Mini-nukes weigh 5 pounds each.

=(

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE WHY DOES NOBODY ELSE THINK VERONICA USING A POWER FIST IS BIZZARE

Hibernus on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    There are hunderds of other engines I would like to see F1 remade BEFORE gamebryo.

I was playing last night, and I absolutely love this game but I kept thinking how much more awesome it would be on a beautiful engine.

An engine like Reach's for example. Gives me goosebumps.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So i got the perk, hand loader. It's supposedly unlocks all the recipes. I do not see all of the bullets in the crafting table. Specifically 5.56 AP rounds are not listed. Can you not make all the bullets in the game?

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    How do you use specialty ammunition?

I've got like 80 .357 hollow points, but I have no idea how to use them.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    So i got the perk, hand loader. It's supposedly unlocks all the recipes. I do not see all of the bullets in the crafting table. Specifically 5.56 AP rounds are not listed. Can you not make all the bullets in the game?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe there's a minimum Repair skill threshold for some of the high end ammo.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmmm, that's a possibility. I'll find out tonight, I should have my Repair maxed in the next 3-4 levels.

There's a hotkey for swapping out ammo. What's irritating is it doesn't keep that ammo loaded. So if you switch to AP rounds, swap to another gun and back it's loaded with regular rounds.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bethesda's undying devotion to GameBryo is somewhat annoying. I understand they know the engine really well, but damn.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

If on PC hit 2

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Bethesda's undying devotion to GameBryo is somewhat annoying. I understand they know the engine really well, but damn.

Can you suggest anything as well suited for what they have produced? They know they can make stable games with it. They know they can make huge games for it.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

Can you suggest anything as well suited for what they have produced? They know they can make stable games with it. They know they can make huge games for it.
    You probably have edited this by the time I post this, but "stable"?

Darlan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Madpanda wrote: »

If on PC hit 2
    Thanks.

Any idea what that corresponds to on the Xbox?

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Darlan wrote: »

eventually

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

"Stable"? That is not the word I would use to describe any Bethesda + GameBryo combination.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Confirmed Bachelor is an awesome perk.

Just be flirting up all the men with my suave charm and good looks.

Just see for your self how hot I am.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Confirmed bachelor has produced some of the more humorous dialog in the game for me.

Is there a female/female opposite perk? I haven't played a female yet.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Confirmed bachelor has produced some of the more humorous dialog in the game for me.

Is there a female/female opposite perk? I haven't played a female yet.

Yeah, its some french sounding word. I''m not intelligent...

I've yet to have any special dialogue though.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    McDudersteinMcDuderstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

If on PC hit 2
    Thanks.

It's Up on the D-Pad, which is why you cannot Hotkey anything to the Up button.

McDuderstein on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

If on PC hit 2
    Thanks.

It's Up on the D-Pad, which is why you cannot Hotkey anything to the Up button.
    Ah HA!

Danke

Also; I can confirm the awesomeness of the confirmed bachelor perk.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    I can't imagine not playing in hardcore mode. Makes me plan my trips around water sources. So awesome.

Agreed. I figured before hand it would just be something I played initially for the achievement (because I'm an achievement whore like that), but now I don't think I will ever play this game without Hardcore Mode on. It's not nearly as much of a burden as I expected, and it's something to keep track of to keep me grounded in the realities of the game.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Honestly, ammo is so light, that unless you have to carry around 2000 rounds of something, or ammo for every single weapon in the game, it doesn't make that much of a difference. I just stash the majority of my ammo in my room, taking 200 rounds for my primary weapon, and 50 rounds each for my two secondary weapons. I've only run out of ammo once, and I rather liked the dynamic that it forced me to switch to another weapon in a desperate attempt to save my companion that was getting fucking wailed on by a nightkin.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

If on PC hit 2
    Thanks.

I think in the PIP Boy there is an "ammo" tab under items, and you can select it there.

Yall on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Darlan wrote: »

Bethesda can make stable games with it. All of my Fallout 3 crashes have been when I started tossing mods in the mix.

Oblivion was pretty damn stable too, as I recall.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

If on PC hit 2
    Thanks.

Up on the D pad cycles between the ammo types for the currently equipped weapon, but there's no on screen indicator which ammo is which. Easiest way is to equip the weapon, open your pip boy to the ammo screen, and select the ammo you want. Only the ones available for the equipped weapon will be highlighted.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg