As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Celebrated Jumping [chat] of Calaveras County

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cameron Diaz is kind of a badass in this movie.

I bet feminists got all super bitchy about her not being empowered enough though.

Daxon on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What do boomers have as their cultural thing? My grandparents have a suite of awesome manual labor skills, cooking, cleaning, sewing, carpentry, plumbing, etc. My generation has a suite of computer and technology skills. Making movies to put on youtube, taking photos with digital cameras, making music, building and programming computers.

My parents just seem to watch TV.

They're the kids of the greatest generation

The people who grew up in the depression, fought WW2 and oversaw the US become a world power.

Having built a comfortable life in the suburbs the Greatests had kids and spoiled them to fucking death. These self entitled little pricks went and smoked pot, did drugs and reaped all the benefited of being in the richest country in history.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also why is like, every permutation of my name, even with combinations involving my birth year, already taken on gmail? Bah!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WW@ sounds like a terrible Michael Bay movie.

Or an indie documentary about spam.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Daxon wrote: »

I bet feminists got all super bitchy about her not being empowered enough though.

I liked how the female interest wasn't in media or publishing as they are in every fucking movie.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Clearly she should have spent the whole movie charging up her spirit bomb.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What movie are we talking about? I missed something.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    What do boomers have as their cultural thing? My grandparents have a suite of awesome manual labor skills, cooking, cleaning, sewing, carpentry, plumbing, etc. My generation has a suite of computer and technology skills. Making movies to put on youtube, taking photos with digital cameras, making music, building and programming computers.

The people who grew up in the depression, fought WW2 and oversaw the US become a world power.

Having built a comfortable life in the suburbs the Greatests had kids and spoiled them to fucking death. These self entitled little pricks went and smoked pot, did drugs and reaped all the benefited of being in the richest country in history.

I kinda wish I was a boomer now dang it

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The people who grew up in the depression, fought WW@ and oversaw the US become a world power.

Having built a comfortable life in the suburbs the Greatests had kids and spoiled them to fucking death.

You two, stop that.

[chat] bitches at me about generalising - but this is fucking intolerable.

Just so.. intolerable. The factual inaccuracies are just mindbendingly dumb.

Preacher: yeah, I also
    found the bits with her being semi-unconscious and seeing only glimpses of what's happening pretty fantastic. Makes you fill in the blanks with your imagination and get it all pretty damn epic.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    agentk13 makes me want to break something.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am home from new jersey and I missed you all.

But now I must run out and buy RAM for the man-friend's computer. :(

Mim on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    We finished the third season of Avatar.

It was really, really good, but I'm not sure how I feel about watching animated kids kissing.

I think that was throwing a bone to the rabid shippers.

Wait, if they were truly appeasing the shippers, Zutara would have happened. Never mind.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    oh yeah, who told me to buy zeno clash

they need to stand by for one (1) punch in the bits of their choice

Man I even tried to provide the voice of reason re: first person melee

but riddick had pretty alright first person melee combat

it also had a sensible plot, decent characters and dialogue, an ending..

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kids their age kiss, and more, with each other. *shrugs*

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

The people who grew up in the depression, fought WW@ and oversaw the US become a world power.

Having built a comfortable life in the suburbs the Greatests had kids and spoiled them to fucking death.

You two, stop that.

Sounds like someone is a 60-something, mad about a life wasted, lashing out at a world he no longer understands.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Clearly she should have spent the whole movie charging up her spirit bomb.
    I just watched the first 10 TFS Abridged DBZ episodes on Youtube, the spirit bomb part was hilarious.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

found the bits with her being semi-unconscious and seeing only glimpses of what's happening pretty fantastic. Makes you fill in the blanks with your imagination and get it all pretty damn epic.

I also liked Cruise, he normally bugs me because he's so serious, so it was a nice change of pace that he was just really silly at times. Though there was a part where he was laying out terms that kind of felt like scientology light if you know any of their madness.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011

Riddick is a tremendously underrated game.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

You two, stop that.

Oh and the boomers lay claim to the Civil rights movement even though their parents did most of the actual work

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just watched the first 10 TFS Abridged DBZ episodes on Youtube, the spirit bomb part was hilarious.

I am quite sad that there are only like, 20 episodes of it.
    Pecking order.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Ellie wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I'll watch Alan Rickman in anything.
    Seriously. I would be content just listening to that man read the phone book.

...just for the utter contempt in his voice.

"AAA Pest Control. How... pedestrian."

"Tri-City Plumbing?" *lifts eyebrow and silently turns the page*

this was excellent.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    I really like how Daniel Tosh refers to his show with the names of failed shows that used to occupy that timeslot.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We have baby boomers to thank for the popularity of CSI, NCIS and all the other lame crime dramas kicking around.

They cannot be blamed for reality television though. That travesty is shared between them and us.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HAH.
    THE business tycoons demanding the imposition of GST on Australians' overseas online purchases have vowed to extend their advertising campaign despite a public backlash against them and calls for retailers to concentrate on lifting their own performances.

The Myer head also said he was surprised at ''this much anger'' against the big retailers.

Large retail chains have suffered a downturn in sales, coz you know, global financial crisis. They also have pretty much no online presence - you can't browse or shop through them. Instead of fixing that, they've decided to bitch and moan about the GST exemption for goods under $1000 that are imported.

Which is fucking hilarious because apparently only something like 15% of online sales are to retailers overseas - most of them are to retailers in Australia.

It's like there's a pattern here.

EDIT:
    ''I get quite upset when I read some of the disparaging comments about Gerry Harvey and Solomon Lew because, whatever you think of them personally, they started with nothing and have become successful.''

Guys guys! Me and my multi-millionaire mates all pulled themselves up by their bootstraps! Now please levy a new tax on everyone else to keep us all rich.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Riddick is a tremendously underrated game.

i really like it

as soon as my backlog thins up i'll probably nab it the next time it's on sale. which is almost always.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Pecking order.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0V0UVqFtQ

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    HAH.
    THE business tycoons demanding the imposition of GST on Australians' overseas online purchases have vowed to extend their advertising campaign despite a public backlash against them and calls for retailers to concentrate on lifting their own performances.

The Myer head also said he was surprised at ''this much anger'' against the big retailers.

Large retail chains have suffered a downturn in sales, coz you know, global financial crisis. They also have pretty much no online presence - you can't browse or shop through them. Instead of fixing that, they've decided to bitch and moan about the GST exemption for goods under $1000 that are imported.

Which is fucking hilarious because apparently only something like 15% of online sales are to retailers overseas - most of them are to retailers in Australia.

It's like there's a pattern here.

Reminds me of the UK B&M Video Game shops essentially saying They wouldn't sell any game with Steamworks, rather than actually selling PC games.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We have baby boomers to thank for the popularity of CSI, NCIS and all the other lame crime dramas kicking around.

They cannot be blamed for reality television though. That travesty is shared between them and us.

Baby Boomers crucified Jesus.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Riddick had a pretty crummy demo

killed my interest in it completely

that's not to say that the game was necessarily bad, but the demo just throws you right in the middle of it without any primer

bleh

Elendil on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm trying to convince IR to play Assassin's Creed 2.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Baby Boomers sterilized Henry VIII.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I guess in order to appreciate the abridged DBZ you really need to have been a fan of the actual show at some point. Because I've watched a few, and I have to say, they are dumb. Knowing that it's a legitimate parody of something that is actually dumber frightens me.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There's also the issue that most of the things they complain about are A LOT cheaper then 10% GST, since you have to do pretty well to make it worthwhile losing easy warranty access + shipping costs etc.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jeff Buckley was an extremely attractive man and also a great singer. He would steal away any girlfriend I will ever have.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The baby boomers are directly the cause of literally every ill in american society today

not even kidding

god i hate the baby boomers

Rent on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    Riddick had a pretty crummy demo

killed my interest in it completely

that's not to say that the game was necessarily bad, but the demo just throws you right in the middle of it without any primer

bleh

the demo for dark athena? dark athena isn't as good. if you have an original Xbox you can get the original Butcher Bay for like $2 and it is solid gold.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Pecking order.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0V0UVqFtQ

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?"
    "IT'S...1006."
    "Wha-really?"
    "Yeah. Kick his ass, Nappa!"
    "Yay!"
    *Goku pwns him*
    "This doesn't seem right...wait, wait Nappa! I had the scouter upside down!"

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    zombie have you fucked your hot friend who always hits on you yet

Rent on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    The baby boomers are directly the cause of literally every ill in american society today

not even kidding

god i hate the baby boomers

Baby Boomers crashed the stock market in 1929.

Feral on

• Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm trying to convince IR to play Assassin's Creed 2.

Try harder!

Was AC1 ever played at your house?

RMS Oceanic on
This discussion has been closed.