As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: 100% Easier to Find

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    how the hell are you 24 with only 42 games played

Ton of practice games?

jothki on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha

played kass, had over seven hundred ap

at one point a team fight is going on, we go 1 for 4

except i've been porting around a lot, to the point where i don't have enough mana for another port

... but clarity is up!

and i do like a 5x damage rift walk into their team, getting a triple kill (which gives me red) and now out of mana i lizard-AA the fourth to death

quadrakill with two key presses, yes please
    oh man, what was your build?

i finished with a doran's, sorc shoes, an archangels and 3 (i think) deathcaps

Organichu on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    if he is playing ranked there is a separate win/loss for ranked

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    played another with kayle

did well, went 4/0/7

I think I just feel like she's not that helpful

like any role she's playing, there's someone else I'd rather be playing in that role

like tower pusher, I'd rather be playing sivir or yi or trist

support I'd rather be lux or zil

*shrug*

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    kayle is some sort of melee ranged hybrid that just ends up sucking. crippled by a terrible early game

Jars on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    what runes does jungle amumu use? same as everyone else?

No, magic pen is pretty important on him.
    Point of order: No it is not. The important jungle creeps like golem have negative MR out the gate and Mpen will not bring that lower.

When I switched to AD runes when jungling him, I ended with alot more health. You can run Mpen if you want to do slightly more damage in teamfights, but really fuck that noise, get through your dangerous time safer.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    what runes does jungle amumu use? same as everyone else?

No, magic pen is pretty important on him.
    Point of order: No it is not. The important jungle creeps like golem have negative MR out the gate and Mpen will not bring that lower.

When I switched to AD runes when jungling him, I ended with alot more health. You can run Mpen if you want to do slightly more damage in teamfights, but really fuck that noise, get through your dangerous time safer.

I was always told magic pen, maybe they changed it.

Anyways in solo queue I am on a 4 game loss streak, duo queue I am on a 5 game win streak. Kicking out one extra retard really helps a lot.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I agree with Spectrum for a change

Get runes that help in the jungle, if Amumu survives and farms he's a beast of a tank, it's the early game that's a killer for him. IAS, armor, MP5, health to... ehhhh an extent

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    two consecutive games where I don't lane against tryndamere and he ends up mega-fed

mention how annoying trynd is to my brother
    "Oh tryndamere's an awful character just CC him"

yeah thanks that is so easy to do when he's 5/0/4 ten minutes into the game your insight is valued greatly

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    0-4 three minutes in, this game is over and ends my win streak.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    She's a carry, not a support.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    People are still playing Caitlyn in ranked, I think I am going to ban Caitlyn and Eve from now on so I can win some games.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pure AP Teemo, 20 stacks and a death cap.

Not one of them bought magic resist.

Sometimes I love this game.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well I made up for my terrible 1/8/6 Panth game this morning by going 11/0/5 as Pantheon. I wish I would have bought a Sword of the Occult for that game

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just unlocked Vlad, time to carry my team to victory.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Good luck. Vlad isn't just "pick 'n' win". You have to have a solid early game, and know what you can live through and what you can't.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Good luck. Vlad isn't just "pick 'n' win". You have to have a solid early game, and know what you can live through and what you can't.

Fuck, I wanted a pick n win champion.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    hes actually pretty pick n winny

i've seen vlad's have the most deaths on their team after rushing mejai's but they get one good teamfight and WOOOOOOOOOOPS VLAD JUST GOT 8 STACKS now he is unstoppable

and now with deathcap and the CDR boots... ugh

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

fuck, there's no such thing.

how long will this take to sink in...

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    getowned.png

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    zen once again proving he is 1000% classy

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know, after watching a lot of Roku and Tree, what really strikes me about high elo play is not the quality of player - they're not that much better than the average player. What is most striking is that they go FAR out of their way to work with their team, even in solo queue.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    You know, after watching a lot of Roku and Tree, what really strikes me about high elo play is not the quality of player - they're not that much better than the average player. What is most striking is that they go FAR out of their way to work with their team, even in solo queue.

It all boils down to awareness, I think. I mean decisionmaking and mechanics too of course, but I think more than anything else, high level players are aware. You don't see stuff as much where somebody just gets tunnelvision on their lane or on their jungle camp or whatever, if there is anything they can do, people will react.

In other news, I just lost 5 ranked games in a row and tanked my rating to hell. Joy. I would say I just played poorly in a couple of those games and contributed heavily to the loss, played okay in a couple of the others and we would have lost even if I'd played great, and played fantastic in the other one and my entire team fed.

Sigh. It's just sad that I can be 5-0 on Kassadin with 10 stack Mejia's, RoA, Sorc Shoes, and almost to Deathcap and we can still lose because every other lane and the jungler are all feeding. It was even close, too, completely due to me; I almost was good enough to carry it. But one botched Baron fight where I'm the only one in position when the enemy team starts the Baron, and it's gg.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    hes actually pretty pick n winny

i've seen vlad's have the most deaths on their team after rushing mejai's but they get one good teamfight and WOOOOOOOOOOPS VLAD JUST GOT 8 STACKS now he is unstoppable

and now with deathcap and the CDR boots... ugh

That's because Vlad is uber UP early. I've gone 0/3 and come back from it.

That said, Vlad is fairly difficult to know how to fight, but many people can beat him 1v1. WW is awesome vs. Vlad. So easy to beat him unless bad teammates have hyperfed him.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    gary dont get mad @ you're brother- your blood that has to mean sumthing

Also i love zen and laning with him is a dream come true

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    TyrantCow wrote: »

fuck, there's no such thing.

how long will this take to sink in...

I am actually not bad at this game, I know that there aren't any champs like that it is all about the team.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    nope just pick vlad and hit QEQEQEQEQEQand sometimes RQWQEQEQEQEQEQ and you win

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Better than Karthus' EWQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

enemy at low hp? R if not

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    First vlad game, 9-2-17 yeah...pretty easy.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just had a game that I was sure we had lost at the 25 minute mark, but my team wouldn't surrender so we kept playing and managed to pull it back and win at 45 minutes.

And I had 20 stacks of Leviathan.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Team captain first picks Soraka
    Only AD champion is Ezreal
    Our lastpick says "gg we lost" at champion select, picks Vladimir when we have zero CC except for Amunu, demands solo, says "fuck off" when we tell him to go bottom lane (HINT TO ENEMY TEAM: STACK MR!)

So frustrating. I dominate their Ashe mid but there is absolutely nothing our lineup can do against their lineup barring thoroughly outplaying the enemy team. Every one of their champions except their jungle have hard crowd control abilities, and their jungle is Nunu so he slows people a shitload and soaks CC with his ult. Our only hard CC is our jungle. Period.

OremLK on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Had a hilarious carry Warwick game with an odd team comp, at least in terms of solo queuing. Nasus, Kassadin, Garen, Malz, and (me) Warwick. We had the CC but no real initiator (Garen was duo laning with Nasus so he was a bit soft by mid-game). We were up against Mundo, Shen, MF, Ryze, and Kayle.

For this game, I decide to go with rushed Madreds, Merc Treads, Kindlegem->Spirit Visage, Wit's End, Phage->Frozen Mallet. Didn't get a chance on completing that last one but it made for delicious Warwick+Malz ults later in the game. On top of that, I had all three potions up when we got to breaking down their base.

To top it off, I decided to solo Barron which wasn't too hard but took longer than usual. Just when I had Barron at 10%, Shen and Mundo run in and I get taunted. I immediately ult Shen (who took aggro from Barron) and he dies immediately. Mundo ults and I tank him AND Barron with my roar up. I manage to out-heal Mundo and he dies just as my team arrives. Then I finish up Barron and we roll. Was good times.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arrrgh
    argh2.gif
    This goes on with 2 more defeats, all with good scores on my part. That 6/8/4 warwick was the worst, and even then it was the best score on my team, by far. And that was in a PA group. -.-

I'm going to the store for more caffeine, and when I get back, I want some wins, damnit.

Saphier on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is pantheon being weak some kind of metajoke or something

because every time I see him he's tearing new anuses

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OremLK wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

It all boils down to awareness, I think. I mean decisionmaking and mechanics too of course, but I think more than anything else, high level players are aware. You don't see stuff as much where somebody just gets tunnelvision on their lane or on their jungle camp or whatever, if there is anything they can do, people will react.

I find this the case too. Map awareness isn't just buying wards, (wahrds?) it's noticing that that Ms Fortune has been gone a little to long to be buying up, even if she was called MIA at mid.

While not so much in League, I as a general rule am the sneaky bastard in games. When I am not I play defense, which I tend to be good at because you get a feel for when it's an opportune time for a someone to try something shifty and can be there to stop it. (Or I am just incredibly paranoid)

I tend to take a glance at the mini map every 5-10 seconds unless I'm very busy, since sometimes you'll spot half of an opposing player token slip off the map in the direction of one of the lanes or as your jungler makes his way somewhere.

Of course, sometimes nothing will save you. I was trying out Tankplank last night in a 2v1 at the top lane and controlling it well, the packs of minions were firmly in front of my tower and then after perhaps 20 minutes of this the remaining three players of their team come up from behind and flatten me.

I really like the CD boots for him early game and then just buy a new set if needed later. I went Meki and two HP pots, then Chalice>Warmogs>Boots>Atmas>Phantom Dancer>Bloodthirster>Trinity. I was using Exhaust/Flash but I'm toying with the idea of running Smite.

Thoughts?

Kelor on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

He's pretty pick and win when you know how to use him.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    this game can be so frustrating sometimes

i start 5-0, and then in the next few teamfights mostly their tanks die... and they're not even landing their taunts

everyone says 'it wasn't me, i was on a squishy'

but that can't be true of all of you!

ugh

hate the blame game, but i wish sometimes people would own up

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    this game can be so frustrating sometimes

i start 5-0, and then in the next few teamfights mostly their tanks die... and they're not even landing their taunts

everyone says 'it wasn't me, i was on a squishy'

but that can't be true of all of you!

ugh

hate the blame game, but i wish sometimes people would own up

man

i thought i was playing pretty well that game

generally caught 3 squishies in my ult. handed tower defense well. went like 9/3/18 or something as malphite

really we didn't have much lategame dps besides your kassadin and mango's trist was part of the problem. brian was really new and his xin zhou wasn't built very well.

edit: i did have a hard time clicking on the right target when they'd bunch up it's true. but i wasn't really putting out much damage anyhow.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have not been able to do shit as Kennen lately and I have no idea why. I haven't been building him any differently then before. It is quite frustrating.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Is pantheon being weak some kind of metajoke or something

because every time I see him he's tearing new anuses

It's a joke unless you played with the one I had earlier.

3/11/0 pro.

Fellhand on