Options

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Someone last night mentioned a DE proc. Is this a definite thing? It'd be nice for enchanters.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    It's based off if your guild is level...22, I think. Bountiful Bags gives extra resources from mining, herbalism, skinning and disenchanting.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wish it worked for fishing, archaeology, Jewelcrafting and inscription.

Mainly fishing, fucking lavascale catfish.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »

You do get extra keystones from Archaeology, although it seems to only want to proc on races you're finished with. My bff was confused when I mailed him 29 NElf things.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's based off if your guild is level...22, I think. Bountiful Bags gives extra resources from mining, herbalism, skinning and disenchanting.

Yep.

It's why I now roll greed on everything instead of disenchant.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

Yep.

It's why I now roll greed on everything instead of disenchant.
    I do this, too. And I can 110% confirm that it works for Maelstrom Crystals.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

This is seriously one of the best guild perks. It makes leveling trade skills so much easier.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And five seconds from winning Stranglethorn again.

but second place is first loser

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »

You do get extra keystones from Archaeology, although it seems to only want to proc on races you're finished with. My bff was confused when I mailed him 29 NElf things.

I've had it proc a few times and I'm not finished with any races. I've had it proc for Tol'vir, which was nice.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I've had it proc a few times and I'm not finished with any races. I've had it proc for Tol'vir, which was nice.

I am angry with archaeology right now.

MM3gf.jpg

Call me grouchy but I already have a hearthstone and all I really want is the trinket and all this useless stuff keeps popping up. Does anybody ever use any of things things more than the once after they solve them because they want to see what it looks like?

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I used Ancient Amber twice!

reVerse on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    So do Spellpower and Attack Power only show up on weapons now?

Nope, they show up on your character sheet too.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The extra keystones are pretty nice. I get them almost faster than I can use them, now. Except tol'vir ones, cause all their solves can use 2-3.

Is it true that once you finish all of a race's solves, their sites stop spawning as often? I'm finally done with night elves, hoping for some more tol'vir sites.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I do okay with Tol'vir keystones, and have a glut of night elf ones because I keep getting commons that won't let me use any at all, and all the other races keystones remain just as rare as ever for me. >:/

Ranlin on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The preview of the encounter journal that's up on mmo-champion is pretty crazy

also, ragnaros is going to be a lot of fun

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Leveling enchanting is the worst, why am I TRYING to do this again?

Henroid on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The preview of the encounter journal that's up on mmo-champion is pretty crazy

also, ragnaros is going to be a lot of fun

I didn't quite understand what they were saying about the heroic version. Supposedly there is an extra phase in heroic thats not there in normal, but I can't tell which one it is. It can't be the last phase when the npcs come to help you can it?

Its nice that they laid out the encounters in the book, at least ability wise, so you don't have to dig through wowhead to figure it out.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

levelling any tradeskill is a clusterfuck, it's only the gaps between levelling each that allows us to distinguish the last one as not shit

like alchemy! turns out alchemy's mats are pretty easy but they end up split over multiple zones for a single recipe at 250-300 points so it's still balls!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I started my Hunter and got her from 14 to 30 in a nights play. My mining and herbalism couldn't keep up with the leveling pace so now I have to go back to Wetlands and just node hunt.

I was really surprised at the rate at which I was leveling. Was there a curve implemented?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    IndieGirl wrote: »

Call me grouchy but I already have a hearthstone and all I really want is the trinket and all this useless stuff keeps popping up. Does anybody ever use any of things things more than the once after they solve them because they want to see what it looks like?

Eating in wisp form never stops being funny, and I use my last relic of argus on cd because it's also funny every single time. But yeah, it's mostly crap.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    edited May 2011

levelling any tradeskill is a clusterfuck, it's only the gaps between levelling each that allows us to distinguish the last one as not shit

like alchemy! turns out alchemy's mats are pretty easy but they end up split over multiple zones for a single recipe at 250-300 points so it's still balls!

I can deal with leveling any tradeskills except Enchanting and JC'ing.

Henroid on
  • Options
    IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I can deal with leveling any tradeskills except Enchanting and JC'ing.

I just leveled JC for the first time on my priest and it was horrifyingly bad. I actually think alchemy is one of the easiest to level but then again I've got a tauren druid herbalist with 310 flying. It's my go-to profession when I level an alt and don't feel like leveling anything else.

JC and inscription on my priest was basically a "hey I don't have either of these" but fuck them both I'll never do either again. Inscription is just dumb because of the research to get anything worthwhile, but still. Dumb.

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jewelcrafting is easy to level. Not as easy as alchemy or inscription, but certainly easier than smithing, leatherworking, or god knows enchanting.

I remember when I level enchanting on my warlock after cata came out, I started dipping into my stockpile of wrath enchanting materials. I figured I should have enough easily, with 700+ dust and a hundred or so greater essences. But no, I burned through like 600 dust and most of the essences. Farming all of that up would've been a tremendous pain.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I have done it 3 times now I guess I am a masticst

They really need to add a junk drawer or such to the bank because of the things you get via arc

Brainleech on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ding, 85 #10. Full set complete.

Also, I see that theres a Zandalari CTA for healers, I random queue on my Shaman. Zone in, I'm at the entrance of ZG. The group is wiped. "We're on the last boss, rez when you get here." Yeah no, I think I'll pass.

(HUUUUUGE pet peeve of mine; people just lazily waiting there for a rez after a wipe. Sure princess, it's fine that you're slowing the group down. I don't enjoy the long run back either, but if the healer's running, your ass better be released and running also. If you'd like to ask, and you have a decent excuse, sure I don't mind.)

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ding, 85 #10. Full set complete.

Also, I see that theres a Zandalari CTA for healers, I random queue on my Shaman. Zone in, I'm at the entrance of ZG. The group is wiped. "We're on the last boss, rez when you get here." Yeah no, I think I'll pass.

(HUUUUUGE pet peeve of mine; people just lazily waiting there for a rez after a wipe. Sure princess, it's fine that you're slowing the group down. I don't enjoy the long run back either, but if the healer's running, your ass better be released and running also. If you'd like to ask, and you have a decent excuse, sure I don't mind.)

I was about to chew you out until I read that part. I agree.

Sometimes though, people take the wipe as a chance to go take care of something or other away from the keyboard.

Henroid on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ranlin wrote: »
    I do okay with Tol'vir keystones, and have a glut of night elf ones because I keep getting commons that won't let me use any at all, and all the other races keystones remain just as rare as ever for me. >:/

You also had me send you a bunch of the night elf ones a month or so back. :P

I think that was right after we got bountiful bags.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    IndieGirl wrote: »

I am angry with archaeology right now.

MM3gf.jpg

I use The Innkeeper's Daughter all the time. I spent 150 fragments making a hearthstone, might as well get some use out of it. On a side note, I discovered that The Innkeeper's Daughter does not count as a Hearth for achievement purposes.

I also use the Vrykul Drinking Horn quite a bit because it doesn't have a cooldown. The other stuff doesn't get played with much because an item that turns me into a bug for 10 seconds (and breaks on action) has a cooldown of 20 minutes.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    End wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »

You also had me send you a bunch of the night elf ones a month or so back. :P

I think that was right after we got bountiful bags.

Little did I know they would soon become a pox upon my bags!

Actually I got to go through them pretty decently at first, I really had awful awful luck getting any procs at all. But that balanced out as far as nelf stones are concerned :O

Ranlin on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I finally got shoulders for my warlock (my poor, neglected, theoretically-my-raiding-main warlock) unexpectedly from al'akir, so that was nice.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    My guild does some retarded shit sometimes. After getting H-Atramedes down to 30% on Thirsday they decide that using our normal mode strat isn't good enough and change everything. Everything. So with the new strat we're not even getting through one air phase. Eventually dissent grew and we switched back and "one" shot him with our regular strat.

4/12 and it feels good.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    belligerent on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like how, when healing, I use almost 0 mana on boss fights (unless a DPS is a derp then somehow I use 100%) and on trash I have to use cooldowns and shit for 3 mobs (when 2 are CCed). What the hell is that?

At least in vanilla, even though I had enough time to DPS, trash used effectively nothing and boss fights used just a bit more than that.

Annnnd my seething hate for retarded DPS has hit new levels because I'm trying healing. I had a deathknight ask me why he died 5 times in a row. I told him assisting and watching his threat if he's not going to would help him immensely because I can't heal him when he dies in 2 seconds.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OscrethOscreth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    I like how, when healing, I use almost 0 mana on boss fights (unless a DPS is a derp then somehow I use 100%) and on trash I have to use cooldowns and shit for 3 mobs (when 2 are CCed). What the hell is that?

At least in vanilla, even though I had enough time to DPS, trash used effectively nothing and boss fights used just a bit more than that.

Annnnd my seething hate for retarded DPS has hit new levels because I'm trying healing. I had a deathknight ask me why he died 5 times in a row. I told him assisting and watching his threat if he's not going to would help him immensely because I can't heal him when he dies in 2 seconds.
    Heroic SFK last night I had a DK who took far more dmg than the tank. I consistently was low mana from healing him where I normally have no issues. I thought DKs had a self-heal strike; maybe not in Unholy spec?

Oscreth on
    Old man, family, works too hard, locked into a routine, but still plays with army men and video games.

If you want to play League of Legends, here is my refer a friend: So I get points
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I used to think healing was tough in wrath and bc and vanilla but this new healing paradigm, holy fucking shit.

Now I know why no one wanted to do it when we first started raiding. I started to have less and less problems as I got heroics and epics but holy god damn. I just thought people were being babies and need to man up.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We have it... it just doesn't do a lot, even with Glyph of Dark Succor (or whatever it is) unless your blood.
    Don't get me wrong, every little bit helps but they think "Jesus, now I have to spend runes on Death Strike... thanks!"

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My guild decided to try rated bgs last night. Our first one went well since it was against a team that was roughly equal to us in rating, gear and skill level (we won, but it wasn't a sure thing).

Then, flush with our victory we queued again and ran into a team with 5 healers, with everybody wearing full conquest gear, using two alts to smurf their rating, and get stomped in Battle for Gilneas (we got maybe 2 HKs total).

Then run into the same group again in Twin Peaks.

Yeah, I think my guild was sufficiently warned away from trying that again.

Nobody on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Aye, using deathstrike is like asking a kitty or spriest to drop form to throw a heal or two. It gimps dps, isn't terribly effective, but can sometimes carry the day.

Remember though, that DKs are absolutely the easiest class to level (they start @ 55 or w/e) so even retarded people can get them to level cap.

belligerent on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So pretty much everyone in my guild as quit WoW so now I'm left with pretty much no one to play with. I'm going to try and see if I can get into a raiding guild so I can see the Cata content I haven't seen yet and make my subscription worth it. But, if I can't I'm just gonna let my subscription expire and wait for TOR or something.

Per chance, does anybody need a Prot or Ret Paladin? Preferably I'd like something on my own server (Shadowsong), but I could be convinced to drop down the cash monies if I could end up raiding. Don't have access to the WoW site at work so I can't link my armory, but you can do a search if you're interested, Sephyr the Blood Elf Paladin on Shadowsong. All my tank gear is 346+ and my Ret is technically a higher total ilevel, but there's still a couple 333s in there (legs and back if I remember correctly).

Zomro on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My GM stole 125,000 gold from the guild bank. He said he stopped playing like two weeks ago because he was bored with the game. Imagine my surprise when the guild bank was nearly empty.

So I opened a ticket and reported it. Oh yeah I mentioned that the other day he was laughing hysterically about the fact that his friend's guild gkicked all but like 3 people once they were a heroic away from hitting level 20 in the guild. Why did I open a ticket? We're almost level 20 and this guy can be a raging douchebag for no reason.

So the GM looked into it and lo and behold the money reappeared. I hope against hopes if the guild gets gdisbanded or we get kicked that another ticket will resolve that because I'll be fucking damned if I spent a year on the guild for that. Wish the other Guild Master didn't give it to this douchebag. Not sure what happened, he didn't used to be an asshole.

Hey GM, you're awesome.

bowen on