As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An "Invisible" Rapture? Clever Girl

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    half the people on this forum are transgender, the other half have autistic brothers.

we should form gangs.

what about transgenders with autistic brothers?

There's

a place

for us

SOOMEWHEEEERRE A PLACE FOR US

#pipe on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey Pipe...

I love you.

So shut up.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    BANANA PHONE

Weaver on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wMeEV.jpg

Xehalus on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa

Oghulk on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fuck it's a Saturday, that blows.

But that means crazy end of the world party on Friday. Hells yeah

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just realized this thread makes this song relevant

woo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7EbtLb8ok

Oghulk on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    all the yanks will return back from the rapture anyway once they see that Jesus is a brown skinned non english speaking, working-class man from Palestine.

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Berk, all you had to say was, not American.

Blake T on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    True.

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Shit, I've got a free ticket to Busch Gardens to use! Maybe I'll be judged while I'm riding Apollo's Chariot.

Also, this totally screws up the plans for the DC Meet. Any chance the rapture can wait until after June 12th?

godmode on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm not too fond of religion, to put it mildly.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm planning to spend the Rapture at the renaissance festival. It's Pirate Weekend!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh man, that's an even better idea! Now I really want to die dressed as a pirate.

godmode on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is autism more common in males than females? Everyone here (and IRL) talks about an autistic brother, but never a sister.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm a little disappointed that only 3% of the population will be taken during the rapture, but I'm still hopeful that such a profound event will net me a couple days off of work.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed that only 3% of the population will be taken during the rapture, but I'm still hopeful that such a profound event will net me a couple days off of work.

Only if you work for a Christian company.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Is autism more common in males than females? Everyone here (and IRL) talks about an autistic brother, but never a sister.

much much much much more common in males

also, studies have suggested that the children of engineers are twice as likely to be autistic

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ugh i just had a conversation with someone I know saying evolution can't be proven and that if you dont believe in god you're wrong because there is proof of his hand in everything.

Then something about women not being able to sleep with someone and forget about them because of eves curse cause its provable too based on all the girls she talked to.

M.D. on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This Saturday, ey?

I'll be going out boning, then.

That is not a typo.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    If I had a dime for everytime some crazy loony/group said the world was going to end in the past four decades alone...

I'd still be poor. But I'd have a lot of dimes, which is what I'm getting at.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I bet you could buy a bible with all the dimes you'd have, then maybe you'd have a shot at saving your damned soul.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Funny how some of those billboards say "It's in the Bible!" and "Read your Bible!" - I pretty sure these people missed (skipped) this chapter:

Matthew 24:3-4, 26-27, 36
    3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains

26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. "

kingworks on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is this thread still about evangelists being crazy nutballs?

Because I still think the rapture is the biggest cop-out ever.

Oh I don't really need to take good care of the environment because, well, God's gonna sort this out and stuff, you know?

What an awful, awful way to think.

yeah, those people are dumb

it's like, I know some people who moved to Oregon from Idaho

and in Idaho apparently there's no real public recycling program?

that blew me away!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I remember a pastor at a Christian camp I went to. He was talking about a young guy going to university and referred to it as "Well, we should amuse ourselves till he comes."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i wrote a poem about this

also i tweeted my concerns regarding the status of my fetus

the consensus appears to be that he is a SINNER and thus he is stuck here with me

assuming i don't get raptured myself, in which case bye bye baby

Quoth on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh man, imagine if you got raptured.

and they took you and just left the baby on the ground or whatever.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Also this pope or the last pope changed their minds and decided that babies are exempt from purgatory.

So you know Blake Handsome Valdes might get to go to the good life and leave you behind.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    man I hate popes

with their fancy hats, they think they know everything!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    dante says that unbaptized babies go to limbo

that's in HELL

sad little hell nursery filled with fetuses

holy crap that is a depressing image, brb writing a poem

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Man just cause Dante has a gun and a big sword and a bunch of rings (who wears rings besides girls) doesn't make him the boss of the afterlife.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1549439/The-Pope-ends-state-of-limbo-after-800-years.html

Blake T on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is this thread still about evangelists being crazy nutballs?

Because I still think the rapture is the biggest cop-out ever.

Oh I don't really need to take good care of the environment because, well, God's gonna sort this out and stuff, you know?

What an awful, awful way to think.

yeah, those people are dumb

it's like, I know some people who moved to Oregon from Idaho

and in Idaho apparently there's no real public recycling program?

that blew me away!

probably depends on where you are in idaho. my parents live there and there's a public recycling program (my dad is also nuts about recycling/composting/etc in general).

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Bible talks about generations being punished, but I don't think it applies to the final judgment - only this life (where we get screwed up by our parents and perpetuate their issues); I don't believe that God will condemn babies, infants, toddlers, etc.

I've got beef with a lot of Catholic traditions that have no (or at best, very little) scriptural grounding.

kingworks on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh yeah may 21st is my mom's birthday. i better tell her she should plan for the rapture

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    now i am picturing myself tethered to this baby by the umbilical cord, floating up to heaven clinging to a baby balloon

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    St Peter then shows up with a pair of sciscors for a comic fall to the ground!

Blake T on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I thought that when the rapture came about Christ freed all those in hell etc and we all went to heaven

or is that something else

Solar on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    that's the final judgment i think

it comes later

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You'd think the end of the world would be pretty quick.

But there is a lot of things Jesus needs to do.

Blake T on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I remember walking around campus once and this fundamentalist was in the quad talking about how everyone unbaptized deserved to die. A friend of mine I volunteered with was like "what about the kids born in the hospital and die soon after due to an illness?"

The fundamentalist's response: "Those children deserved to die"

I've never seen my friend so angry

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
This discussion has been closed.