As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your Breakup Stories

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    Geez TLB I get it.

I'll have my mom come pick up my stuff in the morning.

they will be on fire on the front lawn

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    most of my relationships have been with crazy girls

they are usually hilarious break ups

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I have no breakup stories, and that makes me sad

Which is interesting in it's own way, I guess

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a bunch of us just like triple-posted at the same time.

Hot

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I agree about having a form, but I really don't think tact means for it to be like that, it's just that breakups are hard and it's easy to fall back on patterns and customs in tough situations

I said basically the same thing about why everyone says "I'm sorry for your loss" at times of mourning

Sure, it's sort of indiscriminate, but if there is sincerity there, it really shouldn't matter too much

If I knew T4CT personally and well, I'd be willing to excuse it if he actually is like, hyper-uncomfortable with that sorta thing. Since I don't though, I guess I (and others) should give the benefit of the doubt.

The comparison is a little weird though, about the time of mourning. In a relationship, you're generally a lot closer to people and they deserve more than a very generalized statement of breaking up. At a time of mourning, if you're closer to someone you would likely have more to say, but if it's say a forumer here you're not too familiar with having a one-liner isn't any sort of slap in the face.

Situations with people are complicated, there's a lot to consider.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I never dated in highschool so I have no crazy girl stories. My best friend went through the gamut and i vicariously suffered with him though.

Two of my major ex girlfriends are getting married this month and next month to guys they dated directly before me.

One of them once said "you actually believe we come from monkeys?" one time and I just thought "boobies, I get to touch boobies". She was an awesome girl aside from stuff like that though.

The other is the 2 week breakup I mentioned last page and Im really glad for her.

At the same time, so ronery...

Prohass on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    My most recent ex broke up with me by fucking her ex-boyfriend. She wanted to see what I'd do if she cheated on me.

The girl before her went to boot camp and didn't tell me, then was gone for 3-4 months in the military and I had no fucking clue what happened to her until she came back.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I just didn't think you guys would take that and assume it meant "this is EXACTLY what I say to EVERYONE"

it's just that most of my relationships end in a way that a break-up worded similar to that is what will work out best

so that's what happened

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    My most recent ex broke up with me by fucking her ex-boyfriend. She wanted to see what I'd do if she cheated on me.

What the fucking fuck.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    T4CT in a nutshell:

urchin.jpg

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    yeah basically

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well as soon as I leave work I'm going to break up with a lady.do we will see how that goes. Last relationship I was in ended with me angry and screaming. She lief about stupid stuff, chested on me a few times, including the time she sent me pictures from her three some, but what finally ended it? Age wouldn't let me spend reverb an hour with my friends without calling me. Plus she transfereinto my write guild at the time to monitor me when I play. Crazy.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Geez TLB I get it.

Tonkka wrote:
    Geez TLB I get it.

they will be on fire on the front lawn

MY ABBA RECORDS!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: What the hell happened to that quote tree.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Henroid wrote:

What the fucking fuck.

She had asked me like a week before how I would feel if she had cheated on me. I told that I've never been cheated on, so I don't know how I would react or how I'd feel. So she decided to fuck her ex to find out what I'd do.

Turns out the answer was "Dump you."

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Bucketman were you hit in the head midway through that post?

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    i met my ex on world of warcraft

she was my gm for like 3-4 years

smart, funny, good looking girl, she ran the guild with her boyfriend who lived in sweden

april 09 or so she broke up with him out of the blue, and we started talking

ingame moved to skype/msn, moved to phonesex, moved to regular sex

asked her out in may and i was happy for the first time in a long time

she came down to visit me, i went up to visit her throughout the summer

then autumn came and she got distant

stopped calling me, wouldnt tell me what was going on

i found out later she had started seeing a guildie on the side and travelled to belgium to fuck him

anyway i got fed up and ended it the day before her birthday, after she told me not to come up to see her for it

it took a FUCKING LONG TIME to get over her and im still not 100%

she was a good friend and i miss her but yeah she duped me so im not going there again

I met a guy in WoW... we met irl at BlizzCon and he decided to move to Seattle.
    He moved in with me under the rule from me he look for a job.
    He didn't for about 6 months. He didn't even clean, so I'd be at work all day and come home and the place was a wreck.

He ended up moving out and screwing my ex the day he did so.
    We're friends now, but it took a few years before I stopped wanting to kill him.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    No that is my phone correcting my words and/or predicting what words I want. It is very annoying

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    fucked your ex, moving out

my bad!

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've only ever really had one break up.

I met her when she came to a party as a date for a friend. They didn't really hit it off, so I asked him for her number. Things went better for us for a while, but after 5 months it was becoming obvious to me this was never going to work in the long term. She hadn't quite got there yet, so she didn't take it well. I tried calling her a couple times to check up on her, but it was apparent I'd broken her heart so I stopped doing that.

She's ended up with something of an unusual reputation. She proceeded to date at least 3 other members of my peer group (I guess in a city this size there's only so many people in the available dating pool). At least two of us broke up with her for the girl they ended up marrying (with possibly a third on the way). So, basically, as far as we can tell, she exists only to be the last fling you have before meeting the one you love.

Also, I got in too early on the action, being one of the early adopters. Apparently she became quite freaky in her later activities. I guess if you're going to be remembered for being the one before The One, you make darn well sure that you're setting them a high bar for comparison.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    one time i broke up a drug cartel

• Options
    Fishman's life is good luck chuck

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    fishman you fucked dane cook?!

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    wtf

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    wtf forums

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    hey @Stale, can I have a mason jar of your barbeque rub to take as my bride? I want some of that inside of me.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    i got dumped over aim once by a pretty serious (marriage had been discussed serious) girlfriend

that was cool

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    I still <3 you, @Stale
    me toooo:D

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    i got dumped over aim once by a pretty serious (marriage had been discussed serious) girlfriend

that was cool

at least it wasn't facebook chat

• Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I could probably edit this story so that I sound like less of a dipshit (I think I wrote this in 2007), but like how I kind of sound like a complete idiot. And by "kind of", I mean totally.

So...I hook up with this girl I met in Americorps. I'm 25, she's 19. We have nothing in common, but this girl is very, very hot. She's a dancer (ballet & modern, not "exotic), and is in incredible shape. It should have just been a limited thing, like just a few hookups; I even told her so, the day after our first night together. She wanted to date, though, and I'll admit to being a bit sprung on the cat, so I agreed.

So started the worst relationship of my goddamned life. We were a HORRIBLE match. Outside of the music she performed to, we shared no musical taste at all. She liked shit like Good Charlotte, Britney Spears, and other such crap. She never read anything but romance novels. Oh man, I get filled with rage just thinking about this. GAH!

Why did we stay together, you might ask? Well, for one thing, the sex was incredible. To this day, probably still the best. And while she didn't share my propensity for "open" relationships, she loved a lot of the less conventional elements that I enjoyed at the time. In that sense, then, we were very compatible. I probably also stayed with her because I thought there was no way I'd ever be able to hook up with such a hot, HOT woman again. Stupid, stupid me.

Problem one was when she tried to play my best friend against me. Now, this girl loved to read comics, play Magic, and go to LAN parties, so you can guess how popular she was with my nerdier friends. My best friend, though, had it really bad for her, and she knew it. And she used it to her advantage, and in so doing, created no small amount of drama between he and me.

Being a stupid, pussy-whipped dick, though, I played it off as a difference-in-ages thing, and just went right on with. After a year, we moved in together, and things went well for a while. She still made a habit of attention-whoring with my friends, though, particularly this little guy who was kind of a fringer in my group. He was squat, had pube-y facial hair, and looked like a young Danny DeVito, so I didn't even bother talking to him. I just felt kind of sad for him, and let it slide.

After she and I moved in, we were both working like crazy, though, and liked to play hard as well. So we started to let the house kind of deteriorate. Laundry started to pile up. Dishes stopped getting done. Now, the former is important, because this girl had God's own amount of clothes. I mean, she had two full closets, two full dressers, and another 1/3 or so that she kept in storage, to rotate in as seasonally appropriate.

Anyhow, since this girl and I had moved in together, my best friend had hooked up with a girl, and they were expecting a baby. They moved back to our hometown, and one day, while I'm at work, they call. "Hey," they say, "We thought you and your girlfriend would like to go to lunch."

Now, I'm ecstatic. I haven't seen my friend in a couple months, and I haven't seen his girlfriend/fiancee since they found out they were pregnant. Lunch sounds great. So I call my girlfriend's cell. No answer.

I keep trying. No answer. I call home. No answer.

"Oh well," I say, and go out to lunch with my friends. He and his lady want to cruise by my place, to see if we can catch my girlfriend. No dice. I do notice that all of her clothes are gone, though. All. And also, none of mine are. "Oh well," I say. "She's out doing laundry." I look over by the door, and notice two bags. One is full of shoes. The other, lotions and cosmetics.

"This is all very weird," I remark, still not getting it.

"Uhhhhhhhhh," says my friend, moving toward the door.

"Uhhhhhhhhh," says his lady, moving toward the door.

Pregnant pause.

"Oh well, we're supposed to meet at Matt's club, later." I say.

So I go to Matt's club, later. She's there, all right. With my friend, Mr. Squat, Pube-y Facial Hair, Danny DeVito look-alike guy. She tells me that she's leaving me for him. I'm all, "What? I had no clue this was coming."

"Oh, Eric. My clothes. My shoes. I thought you'd know."

• Options
    @sheri and @neville are the breastest

@mortalsky: yes, but you have to take my last name

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    T4CT in a nutshell:

urchin.jpg

:^:

• Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    I've only had like 2 girlfriends prior to meeting my (ex)wife. Those breakups were pretty small compared to the lead-in on my marriage falling apart. Turns out someone working part time (-20 hrs per week as well) 9 months out of 40 in two jobs 3 years apart from eachother puts a strain on a marriage. When we first moved up to Seattle for work, I was making minimum wage and keeping us alive and fought every day to get her to apply to jobs. Eventually I had to give up because I was tired of seeing no results. It was similar to neville's situation given that the house was generally a mess, chores were frequently ignored and shit basically just kept getting worse.

In the end I had to break it up if only because I didn't want us to start hating each other for menial shit that was usually all that kept me up at night. Could've been worse, but if I'm lucky this will all turn out for the best.

Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Options
    Stale wrote:
    @mortalsky: yes, but you have to take my last name
    Excellent. Gonna spread it all over my pork, bury a rooster in it, and then make it smoke and pull my massive brisket. If you know what I mean.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    [dammit forums

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    ceres wrote:
    He has a form letter for breaking up with people.

HIMYM-BarneysLetter.jpg?t=1242082820

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Dang it.

• Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    a couple months ago this lesbian friend of mine introduced me to this cute girl who i showed some interest in and who seemed a bit into me too, then started going out with her herself and they moved in together (there was a joke in a recent ep of curb your enthusiasm about lesbians moving in together super quick, and I've seen that a few times with this girl)
    now they've already split up because my friend went back to her long term long distance girlfriend so now she wants to crash at my place for a while

fine but I'm totally makin moves on your cute hopefully bisexual ex

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    ceres wrote:
    He has a form letter for breaking up with people.

HIMYM-BarneysLetter.jpg?t=1242082820

:^:

This discussion has been closed.