As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steve Jobs is Dead

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with that Andy Rooney video.

He admits that he knows nothing about music and ponders why age is such a divisive thing in that regard. He doesn't shake his fist all those damn Lady Biebers and lament at how things were better in the good ol' days.

Am...am I an old man?

What's wrong is that he perceives it as an issue or problem, rather than just knowing right away that the times change with the youth.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Henroid wrote:
    Ramius wrote:
    Wow. Steve Jobs was to Visionary as Water is to Ocean.

"The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." (sigh)

That was beautiful, Ramius.

I know people usually say that sorta thing sarcastically around here but I mean it.

I have to back this up and say that that was indeed very classy. Anyone should be so lucky to die and have such nice sentiments said right alongside the most inappropriate of jokes, almost all of which are simply funny and not cruel.

Knob posting on the first page in memory of Ryan Dunn "he died like he lived. with a car up his ass" was one of the best things from that entire thread.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Henroid wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

He admits that he knows nothing about music and ponders why age is such a divisive thing in that regard. He doesn't shake his fist all those damn Lady Biebers and lament at how things were better in the good ol' days.

Am...am I an old man?
    What's wrong is that he perceives it as an issue or problem, rather than just knowing right away that the times change with the youth.
    But he just wants to know why. I just don't find it something that outrageous to muse about.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    I heard my breaking news alert go off on my iPad, got all excited, and looked into it.

Seeing the alert declaring the death of the man who helped create the device I was holding was...unsetttleing.

RIP, Mr. Jobs, and God Bless you, your family, and friends.

:(

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Am...am I an old man?

the oldest.

41588.jpg

But you seem to be staying slim.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2QAAq.jpg

Twitter for iPhone

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote:
    2QAAq.jpg

Twitter for iPhone

hate the sin, love the sinner's products?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    that's not really news

WBC pickets everybody all the time everywhere

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:

Am...am I an old man?
    But he just wants to know why. I just don't find it something that outrageous to muse about.

If you look up his Wikipedia article, a lot of his criticisms and controversies stem from him not being able to articulate what he wants to say well. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's also stubborn to learn from past mistakes. He's a bit over-aggressive in what he says and it has enough "This isn't MY fault" mixed in (even if he did say he admits to know nothing about music in this case, that's a lame excusing he's looking for).

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Who is Margie Phelps and why do I want to bestow harm to this lady I have never met?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I hope they picket my funeral, that's how you know you've made it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    that's not really news

They're still dicks. Hopefully they get counter-protested by that motorcycle gang again.

• Options
    Why should he give God any glory? He didn't create the iPhone.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    just ignore those idiots

jesus christ all they want is attention stop giving them attention

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Man. Man.

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Who is Margie Phelps and why do I want to bestow harm to this lady I have never met?

she's part of the WBC family

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    What sin did he teach?

• Options
    That also almost makes it sound like you could have a small platform while giving God no glory and teaching sin and be okay.

Just so long as it was determined unanimously to not be huge.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    God I expect SE++ to picket my memorial.

I will be so pissed off if there aren't any "God Hates FAGS" signs next to my urn.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    We have a God Hates Fags stamp picked out for your ashtray already, stale

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Steve Jobs will be the Tupac of the technology world. They'll be unveiling his stuff for 30 years.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    just ignore those idiots

jesus christ all they want is attention stop giving them attention

This.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    that's not really news

I just thought it was funny they were saying the guy who helped make the iPhone was a sinner, while tweeting from an iPhone.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Magus` wrote:
    What sin did he teach?

Let's ask them.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, I knew he was sick,.but not this sick

• Options
    there's a group of motorcycle riders around here, mostly vets, that went around and just parked in front of the church people and just completely ignored them

they mostly just wanted to make it harder for the families to see the nutjobs

that is pretty much the best way to deal with it

• Options
    oh dang I didn't even see that!

• Options
    Stale wrote:
    God I expect SE++ to picket my memorial.

I will be so pissed off if there aren't any "God Hates FAGS" signs next to my urn.

I'm pretty sure we'll gladly do this, but man it's gonna be awkward walking back to our cars.

• Options
    there's a group of motorcycle riders around here, mostly vets, that went around and just parked in front of the church people and just completely ignored them

i wanna ride with these dudes.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote:
    What sin did he teach?

Jobs teaches EVIL ONEISM, denies truth of FOUR DAY CUBED EARTH

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    Magus` wrote:
    What sin did he teach?

laughed waaaaaaaaaay too hard at this

• Options
    Magus` wrote:
    What sin did he teach?

that whole turtleneck + jeans combo he had going on was pretty bad

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    Magus` wrote:
    What sin did he teach?

The top and the bottom, man.

Six sides.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TheStig wrote:

i wanna ride with these dudes.

yeah

one of the morning shows found out the church was coming nearby and organized a thing where everyone who wanted to ride with the dudes in like, vans and shit could do so, on the strict condition that they completely ignore the wackjobs

• Options
    we could all pull in front of them and just start playing games on our iphones.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    They took our Jobs :(

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    oh dang I didn't even see that!

The Zune is perhaps even more sinful.

And actually, that died just recently too, so they have something else to picket now.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    They took our Jobs :(

DEY TERK ER JERBS!

• Options
    i hope my death gets half this much media attention.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    I mean Andy Rooney is 92 years old, for Pete's sake

And he's a humorless prick..
    Henroid wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    What is wrong with Andy Rooney

he is the quintessential old guy who is confused and irritated by the kids today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HU2ZfrI2Hk

CD pretty much picked the perfect example.

That was funny, he made a nice joke at the end. That didn't sound like he had no sense of humour at all.

4484-7718-8470