As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends - Korean Foxy Lady Eventually.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    he's good in that he does a lot of things well

he can lock down and burst single target, he can poke like crazy, he has great aoe dps output for team fights... he's not super popular, but he's good

This is mostly because people couldn't figure out how to make him work when he first came out despite his kit being pretty straight forward. (seriously, how hard is More AP = More Armor to figure out) Now there is this weird aversion to using him even though he is pretty strong. Getting a RoA on him and an abyssal scepter (plus merc treds) gives him all the defense he needs, then just stack AP for profit.

Of course he is another of the champs that require you to be able to land a skillshot, so if you can't do that. Avoid him like the plague.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    so, the carry effect does work!

yesmaw.PNG

I think that's the best I've ever done with the little acid puppy, he's really just fun to play. I got aced a few times when I got overconfident and tried to push turrets/inhibs alone, but by and large I just took no prisoners and gave no shits.

Also oh god what was I supposed to do with all that extra gold at the end

I was thinking of maybe picking up trinity, but then it turned into the final push and whatever after I got a triple

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:
    I have never seen a useful Xerath.

He's similar to Morgana or Kennen as to the fact that you can't really obliterate him with a bad match-up, but after the laning phase, I'd rather have just about any AP deeps than Xerath.

Then again, this might be a Wukong moment where he was useful all along, but everyone I saw who played him simply sucked.

I'm going with a Wukong moment.

Later game, Xerath gets to the point where he can be behind a wall of trees during a teamfight, and land every single one of his spells in complete safety, obliterating your team. He's effectively Brand, without % damage, but with the ability to launch his fireballs from orbit.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    @programjunkie: One of the problems was that the creeps did so little damage that the inherent weakness of AoE junglers (they can't kill someone early to reduce the overall damage taken) meant pretty much nothing. Now, single target junglers like Warwick are less nonoptimal when compared to the Malphites and Udyrs.

Warwick being able to get from level 1 to level 6, ganking three times throughout, and then blue pill after clearing your jungle for the fifth time with full health, having only a longsword and potion, is now something special to him and other sustain junglers.

@Xerath: I'm glad he's not worthless, he's pretty cool looking.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    I have never seen a useful Xerath.

He's similar to Morgana or Kennen as to the fact that you can't really obliterate him with a bad match-up, but after the laning phase, I'd rather have just about any AP deeps than Xerath.

Then again, this might be a Wukong moment where he was useful all along, but everyone I saw who played him simply sucked.

I'm going with a Wukong moment.

Later game, Xerath gets to the point where he can be behind a wall of trees during a teamfight, and land every single one of his spells in complete safety, obliterating your team. He's effectively Brand, without % damage, but with the ability to launch his fireballs from orbit.

I like that description if only because I <3 brand already

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Daris wrote:
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Cam you jungle on TT? I've only done TT a couple of times, mostly as Jax.

I'm not entirely sure about the extent of jungling. Normally my lane partner bottom goes out of lane to hit creeps every now and again for the bottom creeps. The guy I normally play with handles top lane and farms the hell out of the creeps up there. I imagine it's pretty important for the bonus gold and the mild buffs. I tend to just stay in lane and handle business so my two partners can take full advantage.

I could see it. One person in each lane, and the jungler floating around between the two to gank.

From what I've heard, though, jungling on Treeline actually got harder after the "let's make jungling easier" patch since they just copy & pasted the changes from SR.

Also something to remember is that some of the creep spawn points aren't fixed to what'll actually spawn there. You might come up to what you think is a Wraith and instead Golems will be there.

Warding's vastly more important too.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    He is pretty hard to play well in a teamfight, gotta land them skillshots.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh man. I just fell in love with jungle Maokai... I hope he can stay there after these changes, mistaking the forest for the trees.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    OigOgjpbpSLjLBqD6l44.png

well that is a rare number

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    goddamn due give me all your ip and rp

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i need it ._.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    for what

if you let it pool up like that what do you possibly need it for

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    to buy katarina skins

whenever they are released

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ewwwwwwwww

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Streaming some ranked 5v5

http://www.own3d.tv/live/14756

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    Someone tell me how to stop buying skins.

Last week I even bought an Eve skin because it was on sale.

wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Pancake wrote:
    Someone tell me how to stop buying skins.

Last week I even bought an Eve skin because it was on sale.

I did too! That wasn't a bad Eve skin to buy since it was the last chance ever and she's going to get good again whenever stealth revamp happens.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stragint wrote:

Noooo take Heal! HEAL! Heal baiting on Volibear is the bestest thing!

Awww should've started boots + 3 pots as well for maximum early level flippage.

Just be sure to rush a warmogs at least. Otherwise I may cry :(

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    But that skin is sitting there making me want to try her and that can only end poorly.

wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Stragint wrote:

Anyone know what voice program that is?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pancake wrote:
    But that skin is sitting there making me want to try her and that can only end poorly.

you are clearly giving too many fucks

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stragint wrote:

I would like to know this as well, that overlay is slick.

Edit: tip for Galio, his only harass is skillshot based. Boots lets you avoid those, avoid skillshot run in , flip him, eat half his health. then type /l.

I walked all over Galio in top lane and ended up killing him 5 times or so. I like the champ, but volibear counter him pretty hard, especially if you anticipate his ult and use your charge right be fore he ults you, then you'll automatically cancel his ult when you are forced to attack him.

Key is to be super aggressive. He doesn't want you on top of him at all.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Without looking, it's teamspeak.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    That's mumble.

Edit: I'd love to actually watch it, but shitty internet is shit >.<
    Will watch you if you're streaming when I have access to a better connection.

MrGrimoire on
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    What what what? Xerath is really good, awesome burst. Once you get rolling, you can guarantee a squishy kill from a gazillion miles away.

Terrible feeling after a number of lost games and then I start owning and carrying as Cass -- only for three of my team to start acting invulnerable heroes and naturally getting killed, resulting in another loss...

I've had awesome games as Lux, though, and I can't wait for some buffs. Should be fun. She's already fairly popular and will probably get even more so after the changes.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @Stragint You are letting Galio get way too much free harass on you. You aren't even attempting to dodge his skillshots most of the time, and while it is nice that you are sitting on 130+ MR, you should really be getting up in his face and smashing it in on a regular basis. Use the bushes to your advantage and try and stay to the right or left of the creep fights so he has to choose to harass you or farm. Once his uses his skillshots you should immediately be charging up into his face and flipping him and getting a bite off. Then wander back and farm. If you just let him farm up he is going to be difficult for your team to deal with.

*Edit* See how easily you blow him up when he moves in on you? You should be forcing the engagements.

*Edit 2* Now you're doin it! :D

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Arch wrote:
    @Arivia

Nice Kog'Maw!

thanks!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    They need to confirm Kog as a girl so it can join my all female champs.

• Options
    Yea, we're using mumble.

I considered getting the boots to dodge his stuff easier but I always misjudge the size of the slows AoE so I always get hit anyway. I think I got Warmogs pretty early on, before 20 minutes when I finally started being aggressive and eating Gangplank and Galio. I don't know why GP sat around that tower with almost no health, easy kill.
    MrGrimoire wrote:
    That's mumble.

I'll be streaming some solo ranked at 1200 ELO tonight, its not very impressive but I can do some gnarly stuff as Kennen sometimes.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:

It's Mumble.

Fun thing about that game, Fizz and I were suppose to switch champs but got distracted by talking about Energy Sheets so I was jungling with Ignite while he laned with smite.

qFN53.png
  • Options
    Stragint wrote:
    Yea, we're using mumble.

I considered getting the boots to dodge his stuff easier but I always misjudge the size of the slows AoE so I always get hit anyway. I think I got Warmogs pretty early on, before 20 minutes when I finally started being aggressive and eating Gangplank and Galio. I don't know why GP sat around that tower with almost no health, easy kill.
    MrGrimoire wrote:
    That's mumble.

I'll be streaming some solo ranked at 1200 ELO tonight, its not very impressive but I can do some gnarly stuff as Kennen sometimes.

That kill on GP was hilarious. I did the same thing to an Ezreal that was standing just a bit too close as I was last hitting. I crept closer and closer while last hitting and finally just Chomped him. It was immediately followed with a "WTF" in All chat by the Ez.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Cool. Probably won't be able to watch much, but if you stream semi-regularly I'll watch when I can. Streams are fun when I can't play myself.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stragint wrote:
    Yea, we're using mumble.

MrGrimoire wrote:
    That's mumble.

That kill on GP was hilarious. I did the same thing to an Ezreal that was standing just a bit too close as I was last hitting. I crept closer and closer while last hitting and finally just Chomped him. It was immediately followed with a "WTF" in All chat by the Ez.
    The subtle creep forward is always funny to watch. I always hope they don't realize that I'm secretly preparing to come at them and as Volibear, I don't need to fear towers.
    MrGrimoire wrote:
    Cool. Probably won't be able to watch much, but if you stream semi-regularly I'll watch when I can. Streams are fun when I can't play myself.

I'll more than likely always stream my ranked games, right now I'm doing 2-3 during week days and 10+ on weekends depending on how my matches are going but always at least 10.

I often watch streams when I get a little frustrated with league so I can either just watching something or try to learn something since I still have a lot to learn.

Stragint on

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea i usta use mumble in rift it has a nice UI, I had it set so names pop up when they speak instead of being there and then brightnening when speaking this way its not too in the way.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Nothing about this game is fun anymore jesus such a miserable time.

Stop caring, and play some good music.

It's the only way to enjoy the game after a certain point.

Sounds like a plan.

Went back to playing AP ( Karthus in this case) and listening to classical video game soundtracks which finally netted me a win. Also a Quadra kill.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stragint wrote:
    MrGrimoire wrote:

I'll more than likely always stream my ranked games, right now I'm doing 2-3 during week days and 10+ on weekends depending on how my matches are going but always at least 10.

I often watch streams when I get a little frustrated with league so I can either just watching something or try to learn something since I still have a lot to learn.

Should be able to catch some, then.

Yeah, same. I generally use them to learn those myriad little things that are blatantly obvious, once you've seen them done.

EDIT: This song, I've been trying to figure out which champ it reminds me of. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fsVlfuWCRpw

It's of course Karthus.

MrGrimoire on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    I walked all over Galio in top lane and ended up killing him 5 times or so. I like the champ, but volibear counter him pretty hard, especially if you anticipate his ult and use your charge right be fore he ults you, then you'll automatically cancel his ult when you are forced to attack him.

that

is some funny shit

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote:
    Nothing about this game is fun anymore jesus such a miserable time.

Stop caring, and play some good music.

It's the only way to enjoy the game after a certain point.

Sounds like a plan.

Went back to playing AP ( Karthus in this case) and listening to classical video game soundtracks which finally netted me a win. Also a Quadra kill.

I was 16/3, but then there was much suiciding of towers.
    derpwick.jpg

Got that while listening to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7f54tVRmQ

Sometimes you do really well, but there's not much to do about a 2/9 Cass and 0/7 Cho when facing a 13/0 LB and 300cs Ashe. Just gotta look towards the next game.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i should stream just so i can make people watch and subject them to 4 hours of Chromeo and french electro-house