As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show Off Your Place: The New Apartment Thread for Nosy People (NSF56K)

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I have exactly 4 autographs

One from Mr. Rogers

One from Bob Saget

One from PJ Phil from YTV

And one from the guy that played Johnny Cage in the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Desk kitteh!

desk_kitty.jpg

Man she is going to be bereft when we set a second computer up. I just hope she likes her new and upcoming cat tree.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Haha, the cat's even got it's own sleeping-next-to-the-PC pillow!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found placing that there prevented them from walking all over the keyboard/knocking into the monitor ;)

I guess they like the company/attention/height (our bed is very low)

Janson on
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    I wish that worked for my cats

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mr. Rogers? @Tasteticle you son of a bitch!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I am so over having roommates.

But apartments are so expensive where I am. I'm saving $800 a month right now and I have a washer/drier :?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Roommates are kind of a neccessary evik if you want to live on your own and only have one income, unfortunately.

I mean unless you make boatloads of money.

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Las Vegas is fuckin weird about home prices, even if it is cheap

I'm paying near as makes no difference $1000/mo rent on a 950 sqft 2 bed apartment, while my mom is paying $950/mo on a fixed 30 year to own a 1600 sq ft, 3 bed 2 story house

I don't get it!

• Options
    Yeah, money in the pocket is definitely sweet.

• Options
    @Ledneh, that's been the case in pretty much everywhere I've ever lived.

I know Mori's own parents pay $500 less in mortgage a month on their three-bed house.

It's just how renting works! Especially in cities where most people are forced to rent, for one reason or another.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, examples like that really make me hate paying rent that much more.

And, well... I think a lot of people would say I do have money, but I'm not rich enough to sneeze at saving $800/month.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    I just painted my office! I'm really chickenshit about strong colors on the walls (oh no, it won't go with some things!) but I decided to man up and go for a dark blue with some gray in it. (It's more saturated than it looks in this image.) I don't have everything moved back in, but I do have my shiny new desk set up. Please ignore the iron brackets above the monitor: a long chunk of spare oak, stained just lighter than the desk, will go there. Also, ignore the shitty side-table on the right. It's old college furniture to hold work stuff until I can find something pretty.

BUT BLUUUUUE.

IMG_20111214_160156.jpg

Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    the apartments I looked at in SC were around 480-550 a month, so while im in school ill be getting 1100 for housing allowance for my G.I. bill so im glad its covering that and any other minor expenses. Gonna get a part time job though for sure

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote:
    here's my boring apartment

Picture21.png

I don't have a tv, any decent chairs, or a couch. my bedroom is just my bed and a chest of drawers, so it's not really worth pictures!

BTS, that is a really pretty painting

I am jealous, can you feel my jealousy radiating through the internet

thanks! I painted it. in a painting class where they guided almost my every step. I want to go to more, mostly so I can have more things for my walls!
    Janson wrote:
    I love your star lights, bits! I have a couple myself, just nowhere to hang them (and touching the ceiling is one thing we're not allowed to do here).

I actually don't have lights in them, I'm afraid the bulbs will be too bright and set them on fire or something. I have them hanging on hooks that were meant for hanging plants, I think (attached with floss, it's really quite classy). but they would look much much cooler if they were lit up at night!
    Tef wrote:
    Bits is that a comfortable chair to sit on? It looks like it horribly uncomfortable!

it's not that bad! but then again I hardly sit in it and spend 95% of my time on my teal chair.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Nice! It must be great to be able to plan outlets and account for your TV like that!

The colour's lovely and warm. :)

Thanks! When I opened the paint can, it was bright pink. When I painted the walls it was still bright pink. I was scared it was going to be too bright, but it dried much darker.

Crisis averted.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I might take a few pics later. My place is always such a damn mess though. Folded towels on a table in the living room, toys everywhere, clothes thrown on the extra chair, papers and boxes and shit on the table and counters.

There is just no time to clean.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Desk kitteh!

Man she is going to be bereft when we set a second computer up. I just hope she likes her new and upcoming cat tree.

What kind of cat tree are you getting? Our cat loves her kitty condo that's right by the window.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular

But here's the true blackmail photo... BONUS TOP SECRET SHAMEFUL HORROR
    n501303112_1694844_890566.jpg

My bedroom in high school. (I was in a dark and deeply embarrassing place.)

It's like we're twins separated at birth and reunited by embrassment!

My old room in high school:

da530e42.jpg

Currently on vacation so I can't take photos of my place, but it is neat and cozy and kinda messy. The only decorations I have are artings from forum members sheri and tynic and two wall art decals from blik, pandas and a clock tower outline.

I have an extra little study nook I basically have no idea what to do with and keep my books and assorted brikabraks in. I'm a bit of a hoarder

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    my place is filthy so uhhhh... sorry

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    @introp, I like the colour!

I also have some artwork from Tynic, but it's in England! :( I know where it is, though, and my mum is taking care of it.

Raijin, quite understandable with two small kids! I can only imagine how often I'll actually get to clean once the baby's here... it's very, very easy to maintain an apartment only two people live in.

@JoeUser, we bought them this one; I hope they like it! They're not so much cats for going in things as they are going on top of things.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Here is a photographic tour of my home

The view out of the front door

house19.jpg

View when you first walk in

house1.jpg

Turn to the right and go up the stairs

house2.jpg

The stairs themselves. I need to put something on the walls in here

house3.jpg

The upstairs hallway. 3 bedrooms a closet and a bathroom.

house4.jpg

Kids room...they never play in here so I haven't ever taken the time to clean and organize it...one day.

house5.jpg

The King-sized bed where the magic used to happen before a baby started sleeping between us. NOT PICTURED crib with sleeping baby inside.

house6.jpg

Back downstairs and down the hallway to the left

house7.jpg

Living room from the hallway

house8.jpg

Watching TV from the couch

house9.jpg

The mess that is my entertainment center..SO DUSTY

house10.jpg

MY MOVIES!!!

house11.jpg

Dining room without chairs right now. Table is just covered in stuff that has no other place right now.

house12.jpg

Charging corner!!

house14.jpg

Kitchen

house13.jpg

The fridge (not to be confused with William Perry

house15.jpg

FREEEEEEZER

house16.jpg

Living room from the other side

house18.jpg

Finally...the view out the back door.

house17.jpg

Thus concludes our tour.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The fridge (not to be confused with William Perry

house15.jpg

pfft

cxlaN.jpg

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Oh shit are those Capri Suns in our fridge?

brb

• Options
    Fuck yeah those were Capri Suns!!

• Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Here's a few from my house.

My boyfriend and I share an office. Here's part of my half.
    h1.jpg

My D&D Shelf - I still have to put my books and stuff back on it. Right now it sits bare.
    h4.jpg

And the D&D miniature shelf. This is just the big ones - the smaller ones are all in organized drawers over to the side.
    h3.jpg

Sorry the livingroom has stuff in it - my roommates daughter was playing in there a minute ago :>
    h2.jpg

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    raijin your house is amazing! even all kiddy-fied it looks way classier than anything i'd ever own, siiigh

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    I like everyone's places! Will try to take some pics this weekend.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We are doing some re-arranging in our new place. Maybe once it's done and it's all clean and all the christmas decorations are down, I'll take some pics.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    raijin your house is amazing! even all kiddy-fied it looks way classier than anything i'd ever own, siiigh

Thanks. Sometimes I feel like I need to nerd it up a bit more but my wife is pretty non-nerd. Also need to get more artwork for the walls. They are pretty bare

I'm thinking in the hallway with the stairs making some prints of my own photos and putting them in small frames and running them up the walls.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oy, such a mess my place is!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    I don't want to take pictures of the house since it's not mine

I guess I'll take a picture of my room

I'll have to clean it up first

• Options
    alright here's my room

fMmYt.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2011
    Janson wrote:
    @introp, I like the colour!

I also have some artwork from Tynic, but it's in England! :( I know where it is, though, and my mum is taking care of it.

Oy, ugh. Old. Remind me to send you something better in the near future!

tynic on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Would you guys be interested in a rummage sale thread

Like a giant se++ Craigslist or something, unload stuff and find new fun things

• Options
    oh I'd be interested in an SE++ craigslist

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Not that part, Keith, that's already covered by your pm box

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I just massively cleaned and organized my apartment! I will post pictures if this thread is still open when I get back in town next week.

I am going to be so sad when I graduate and move away from South Carolina. Right now I'm paying $600 a month, with water included, for 900 sq. ft. all to myself. I've been looking at prices in the DC area (including VA and MD), where I'll probably be moving to, and wanting to cry.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Quoth wrote:
    Not that part, Keith, that's already covered by your pm box

Oh no, I mean what you're talking about

it's not unknown for me to send people random stuff that's useless to me anymore (mostly toys or nerdy stuff, though, I guess)

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote:
    I have exactly 4 autographs

One from Mr. Rogers

One from Bob Saget

One from PJ Phil from YTV

And one from the guy that played Johnny Cage in the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie

How did you get Mr. Rogers' autograph??