Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• Options
    AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    Tiny awesome spoiler.

I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ

who cast wither on Shepard's hand

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Now I want to see what happens if you don't interrupt the 2nd time.

• Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

...I just don't know where to start.

HAA-ARGH!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also...in MP news. I would like to say that the Widow is hilarious and I love.

Guardian? More like free headshot.

Atlas? I'll take that 1000+ XP

Two guys perfectly lined up...hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Headshot...headshot...headshot.

And I don't even have it at level 10 yet.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Now I want to see what happens if you don't interrupt the 2nd time.
    she punches you back

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

What? I'm not a big fan of Vanguards. They're cool, in ME2, but I had to change how I played normally to accommodate for them. Infiltrator or Soldier is more my style. Hell, I actually think Engineers are super fun; and they mostly huddle behind cover the whole time!

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

What? I'm not a big fan of Vanguards. They're cool, in ME2, but I had to change how I played normally to accommodate for them. Infiltrator or Soldier is more my style. Hell, I actually think Engineers are super fun; and they mostly huddle behind cover the whole time!

What you do as a Vanguard is draw an imaginary circle around your enemies. You go for the lone ones on the outer perimeter, not inside the circle. You fire and shoot until charge comes back online and you charage again to the *furthest* enemy you can get a lock on. And really, you should be charging everytime the move is ready unless another power will get you better results (shockwave vs unarmored husks for example). This is the basic tactic I've used. Remember, charge is your best DEFENSIVE power. Not just offensive.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm with gaming-freak, on my new ME2 game I picked vanguard and charging is a recipe for immediately getting killed

what am I doing wrong

override367 on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    I'm with gaming-freak, on my new ME2 game I picked vanguard and charging is a recipe for immediately getting killed

what am I doing wrong

Spec in heavy charge

• Options
    JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    HAHAHAHA! I fucking finally did it. Last Stand achievement unlocked, with an Insanity Vangod. That means...

...100% run completed! I'm finally ready for ME3.

As a side note, Arc Projector makes that fight 100000x easier. I love that weapon.

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

what am I doing wrong

You need to play like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UH_EuBHeys

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Ashdrake wrote: »
    Tiny awesome spoiler.

GOTAY

But seriously.

No games ever make me feel the same way as BioWare games. That sounds corny, I know, but the fuckers know how to make you connect with characters in a way Obsidian and Lionhead just never really got.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so since I was able to import my 360 saves into PC earlier today I figured better wrap up some DLC missions I never got around to in my second playthrough

Just did Shadow Broker with my renegade shep, just as fun the second time. also, holy shit the PC version is fucking pretty and loads so much faster. Really excited to play ME3 on PC this time around.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    My new plan for this thread is to arrive as late in the evening as possible. That way, any and all spoilers should have been cleaned up, right?

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    Damn it Gamestop, how is my CE pre-order still open why haven't you shipped it by now why haven't you hire someone to dress up as Shephard to come to my house and hand deliver it to me yet

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My new plan for this thread is to arrive as late in the evening as possible. That way, any and all spoilers should have been cleaned up, right?

Shepard's mom is Harbinger.

This hurts you.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

what am I doing wrong

Here's the short version:

0929_eadd.png

Here's the long version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UH_EuBHeys

Study and you too can become a biotic pinball of death.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Klyka wrote: »

This hurts you.

SHEPARD, YOU HAVE KETCHUP ON YOUR CHEEK
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Welp, just finished up the Suicide Mission for the umpteenth time.

Still a shitload of fun. Fuck the haters.

Just Legion's loyalty and Arrival left to do before Tuesday. Looks like this run will finish on time. :D

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »

This hurts you.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

YOU WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING
    JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER

I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY MOTHER AND NEVER MARRIED HIM

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Tiny awesome spoiler.
    YES!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

This hurts you.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER

SHEPARD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING GOING OUT IN THAT

I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU BETTER

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

This hurts you.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER

SHEPARD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING GOING OUT IN THAT

I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU BETTER
    SHEPARD, I KNOW YOU FEEL THIS

BUT IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    So I'm super excited for
    Mass Effect 3

• Options
    SkemmdurSkemmdur Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I deliberately went looking for the most depressing/tearjerking spoilery dialogue I could find, so I could be slightly more ready for the gutpunches. (No actual spoilers in this post.)
    I wasn't ready. It's going to be even worse when I actually play ME3.

Holy shit. This game is going to break my heart and then stamp on it repeatedly.

Skemmdur on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I've been almost speed running through ME2. Made it to Horizon in less than 4 hours with all the N7 missions done in the sectors that are open to you. I reckon a sub ten hour completion is on the cards.

• Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    I wanted to do a ME and ME2 run before release date but won't have the time now. I'm worried that my canon Shep has some serious flaws that I've forgotten.

• Options
    wilting wrote: »
    I wanted to do a ME and ME2 run before release date but won't have the time now. I'm worried that my canon Shep has some serious flaws that I've forgotten.
    Ugly_Shepard_Hit.jpg

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    "Shepard, the Reapers are destroying everything! Millions are dying! We need your help!"

"Shut up Anderson, I'm going clubbing with my gay lover!"

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    If we can't enjoy a bit of clubbing, then we are no better than the Reapers.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ugly_Shepard_Hit.jpg

We can rebuild him. However, we don't want to spend a lot of money.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    23:05 LEFT!
    AAAAAAAAAAH!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ugh i've found a ton of ME3 cutscenes on youtube

it was taking all of my willpower to not watch them until i saw that the guy playing had made different choices

SPELL BROKEN

ME3 discussion, not spoilers
    also, is it me or do there seem to be a crapton fewer dialogue choices? i'm only seeing 30% of what i should

in ME1 and ME2 it was Person X says "blah blah blah" then you get a dialogue choice to respond, then it repeats

now i'm seeing like....one dialogue choice every 2-3 minutes of conversation or something

maybe it has to do with the emphasis on paragon/renegade points coming from actions and not conversations, i dunno

it's not bad, exactly? it's just waaaaaay different than what i've expected up to this point

EDIT: actually the conversation options just seem to be placed differently, not fewer persay. like, some parts will have the usual ME1/ME2 levels of choices in dialogue, and other parts will seem more cutscene-ish. FEARS LAID TO REST

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    There's a trick to these turrets you find on Overlord, right? I mean, they wouldn't put stuff right next to them if there weren't a way to efficiently dispatch them?

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    SkyEye wrote: »
    There's a trick to these turrets you find on Overlord, right? I mean, they wouldn't put stuff right next to them if there weren't a way to efficiently dispatch them?

Take them on one at a time at their maximum range, constantly kite/dodge. Retreat if you are about to be destroyed. If they are on top of a cliff, hover up to the edge, shoot them until you are hurting, drop down down to the bottom of the cliff, repeat.

• Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    ugh i've found a ton of ME3 cutscenes on youtube

it was taking all of my willpower to not watch them until i saw that the guy playing had made different choices

SPELL BROKEN

ME3 discussion, not spoilers
    also, is it me or do there seem to be a crapton fewer dialogue choices? i'm only seeing 30% of what i should

in ME1 and ME2 it was Person X says "blah blah blah" then you get a dialogue choice to respond, then it repeats

now i'm seeing like....one dialogue choice every 2-3 minutes of conversation or something

maybe it has to do with the emphasis on paragon/renegade points coming from actions and not conversations, i dunno

it's not bad, exactly? it's just waaaaaay different than what i've expected up to this point
    Ray Muzyka wrote:
    "Our goal is to get it out in a time frame that can maximise the quality for our fans, maximise the commercial success for the company and just make sure we do the right thing overall for the long term for the franchise."
    Now call me a cynic, but I think that's the reasoning behind this.

exmac.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    SkyEye wrote: »

Take them on one at a time at their maximum range, constantly kite/dodge. Retreat if you are about to be destroyed. If they are on top of a cliff, hover up to the edge, shoot them until you are hurting, drop down down to the bottom of the cliff, repeat.

What? No.

1) Find a spot where the turrets can't shoot you.
    2) Angle your gun around so the homing missiles don't hit the cover, but swing around to hit the turrets.
    3) Wonder why the hammerhead is so fucking boring.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tiny awesome spoiler.

GOTAY

But seriously.

No games ever make me feel the same way as BioWare games. That sounds corny, I know, but the fuckers know how to make you connect with characters in a way Obsidian and Lionhead just never really got.

It's true. I even connected with the characters in Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood.

This discussion has been closed.