As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    so.. while i wait for my copy im watching videos that have been released, you know the promo stuff.

i watch the james vega feature and .. holy shit guys who have finished the game is that a huge fucking spoiler @ 1:59 ?

don't tell me who or what it is if im wrong but is it
    either another thorian or oh wait, rachni queen? its not end game stuff right, like final boss type? because im going to be pissed if it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-eU7fPth8g

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Beefslam Hardknock is looking a bit skinny, there.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Related to the
    Antithesis wrote: »
    danx wrote: »
    Huh. Apparently my most recent auto save had no creds, medigel or fuel. Anyone else had this bug?

I did suddenly have all of my credits disappear at one point. Was it after (spoiler of a location already given away in trailers)
    Tuchanka?

It was on the Normandy after the opening mission on
    Rannoch

I reloaded a manual save a few minutes earlier which doesn't have the bug.

End of Quarrian/Geth spoilers:
    Holy crap!
    Reaper!

The end was sad too. Does the ending change depending on whether you saved the heretics in 2? I chose to
    Let legion upload himself
    where he dies but the geth platforms become full AI's

danx on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    so.. while i wait for my copy im watching videos that have been released, you know the promo stuff.

i watch the james vega feature and .. holy shit guys who have finished the game is that a huge fucking spoiler @ 1:59 ?

either another thorian or oh wait, rachni queen? its not end game stuff right, like final boss type? because im going to be pissed if it is.

Totally the final boss. Nested spoilers: First spoiler not a real spoiler.
    It's not. It's the
    Rachni Queen

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Answer, you are correct in your guess, not end-game or anything, just a side mission
    Rachni Queen if you saved her. No clue if that mission even exists if you didn't but it also involves
    Grunt
    so that character would need to show up somehow.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Enemy banter is hilarious in this game. Spoilers from the first post-Earth mission, then from a side mission against the same foes:
    "Holy shit, it's SHEPARD!" The terror in that Assault Trooper's voice is palpable, and awesome. Additionally, Grissom Academy was an awesome, awesome mission. Joker's followup about it being "like Christmas" for Jack was great.

"And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    I want to get my Galactic Readiness up to 100%, so I'll probably be on MP for the rest of the evening. If anyone wants to play, feel free to shoot me a message/invite.

We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    Is there any way to make money after you've done most everything; or is it like ME2 where there's a set amount of credits in the whole game and you can't surpass that?

Between buying mods and upgrading weapons I've never had enough to buy the Spectre weapons. Just curious if that caps out.

Or, just as good, do you carry over mods/upgrades/weapons/armor in subsequent playthroughs?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Yay, it did it fucking again. Lost all my credits and levels again. What the hell is wrong with fucking multiplayer in this game.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Holy shit the PC multi is way buggier now than during the demo

half the time Charge wouldn't trigger, and then all of a sudden I'm just bouncing around the map, clipping through everything until "Mass Effect 3(TM) has stopped working"

that was fucking annoying

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    So New Game +. Assuming I have to import the save that I beat the game with obviously, but do I get to change classes on import of ME3 save? I would like to be an adept this time. Or maybe an engineer. Do I keep all my guns?

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think that turian sentinel might be the best class in multi. The ability to eat through any kind of defense--armor, shields, barriers--combined with a decent gun is awesome. In two matches I racked up about 130 kills and a ton of assists just tagging everything with overload.

If you haven't friended me yet on Origin, do it! I'm always up for games. Name's 3eeve!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Just a warning to those that experienced the bug that wipes your readiness/levels/credits, I have it happen every time I try to play single player right after playing multiplayer. Without fail, every time.

Closing and reopening the program seems to fix it though, so I just restart my client every time I want to switch from one to the other.

I also open my squad screen every time I load in to make sure I don't waste two hours wandering the Citadel before I realize my save is broken... again.

• Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    Anyone want to try and farm some geth on silver or gold with quarian infiltrators and or any class with overload? origin name is billcosby42

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Yow, that's an annoying bug. But at least it seems you figured out the (drastic) solution to it, so there's that.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Oh Wrex, don't ever change.
    Wrex: For male krogan, a good show of force sorts things out. But females, they've got to talk about it, then think about it, then talk some more.

Shepard: Women have good ideas, Wrex. You should listen to them.

Wrex: Ideas ? But they have so many of them...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @Black_Heart (just to get your attention in this fast-moving thread since you're not a thread regular)
    I'm playing on Hardcore and is it just me... or is taking cover virtually pointless?

I mean, seems like no matter where I get behind cover I still get shot while I'm IN cover, or have grenades raining down on me.

The game is considerably harder now than in ME2; the enemy AI is more aggressive about pinning you down and having a couple try to flank you, most enemies move faster, lots of enemies have grenades, the mix of enemy abilities has more synergy, and some of the enemy moves are just plain nastier. If you're having problems, it'll force you to up your game. The secret is to stay mobile, knock down the reinforcing generators (barrier shields and similar) quickly, and avoid getting caught out in the open. You can't hole up and let them come to you, or you'll get pinned down and then flanked or grenaded out of cover. Or possibly both at the same time.

There's lots of chest high walls, so don't be afraid to retreat when you have to. When you dash these days, you really haul butt, so if you have to, hold down that spacebar and run like hell.

And if all else fails, crank the difficulty down. Normal is probably like hardcore from ME2, and hardcore is like insanity (maybe a little less difficult). Insanity I've found genuinely difficult in areas (like when I can't charge a heavy unit that's in a flanking position on overwatch), so I cranked it down to hardcore, and I've played a fair chunk of multi.

Have fun. :)

Orca on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You can't change your class in a new game+. I guess I'll make this my Adept insanity run.

I just realized that I was thinking way too much of ME2 Adept when I took warp ammo. Blah. Probably take barrier I guess when I can change.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    I kind of don't know what bonus power to take as an Adept.

The only one that's even vaguely appealing right now to me is armor piercing ammo, and do I really need that with cryo and incendiary?

Everything I've gotten (in the middle of playing with quarians) just doesn't seem to fit the Vanguard move list or is redundant.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Downloading from Origin now...looks like I am going to have to play MP for this Galactic Readiness thing...because I am OCD as shit, and can't do the SP until I know I've opened everything I can.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I kind of don't know what bonus power to take as an Adept.

The only one that's even vaguely appealing right now to me is armor piercing ammo, and do I really need that with cryo and incendiary?

Everything I've gotten (in the middle of playing with quarians) just doesn't seem to fit the Vanguard move list or is redundant.
    I'm using Carnage

not super useful but hey

nice throwback to ME1, too

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Yeah, you have to really aggressively prevent enemies from flanking you in ME3. Much moreso than ME2, especially since so many of the ME3 areas are more open than ME2's corridors.

My suggestion is to run with Liara; her singularity recharges really quickly and it's wonderful for area denial against the cerberus troops.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    tiny midgame spoiler
    I noticed the Third Fleet took some hits because I didn't have enough engineers.

GodDAMMIT. I'm going to need everybody to pull this thing off. It's going to make the final fight that much harder.

• Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Well, I guess I'm not playing BF3 tonight. Even if they sent me the code now the download would take too long. Curses. Taking bets on them not sending the code today at all though.

Something tells me that bet would be incredibly one-sided. From my dealings with the EA CSRs, they all seem to be under the impression that all of our pleas for assistance are part of a grand scheme to fleece them of 15% discount codes...

Because of the 16-bit application error, I now have something like four of the damned things.

Wait.

You just made something that made 0 sense now make a little sense. About a month ago, I was trying to get my wife's vanilla ME registered on her Origin account (I basically did the exact same thing that worked for me, but it wouldn't work for her, and said that the key was already registered after I registered it to her account and she got an email about ti and everything, but it won't ever come up... AAAAANYWAY) so I tried the live chat help 'feature' (airquotes).

After the broken engrish typist on the other side wasn't able to help me, he then said "here's your code" and gave me a code. I probably spent more time going back and forth with him (after we had already said our goodbyes) trying to figure out what the code was for and why it wouldn't work to register her ME game than I did at the beginning. I tried plugging that code into every hole Bioware/EA has for ME game codes and couldn't make any sense out of it (I think by the end he gave me two codes because I said the first one wasn't working, after repeatedly asking him what it was for). That was about a month ago, I'll have to see if I can buy some bioware points with that code! (or is it only for a specific game or something?)

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Downloading from Origin now...looks like I am going to have to play MP for this Galactic Readiness thing...because I am OCD as shit, and can't do the SP until I know I've opened everything I can.

You really don't need to do any multiplayer to get the best stuff from the SP.

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I have an interpretation for the ME3 ending. It's not too long:
    Personally, I don't buy the ending as it is written.

Hence, I have an interesting interpretation for this ending:

When Hackett gets on the radio and says that the Crucible isn't doing anything, I believe that Shepard lost consciousness. As a result, everything from that point onwards is simply Shepard's hallucinations as he slowly bled out. That would explain why the Guardian looks like the kid from Shepard's dreams and why Joker fled the Sol system in the thick of battle, an action which doesn't reflect his character as we know it at all.

Shepard was dreaming of a galaxy free from the Reapers as he slowly died from his wounds. That's my interpretation. Away from Shepard's hallucinations, Hackett and his men are probably scratching their heads at why the Crucible isn't working, and the Reapers redouble their assault on the organic fleet, forcing them to flee.

Still, crappy, crappy, ending though.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I'm getting close to the end game. Holy shit, the haters are insane. There have been more badass moments in this game than the last two combined.

Final Cerberus level spoilers:
    Yeah! Fuck you Cereal Killer! I just Shepard punched your goddamn sword apart. Oh, what's that? Omniblade sticking out of your gut? So sorry, except I'm not.

Assuming Shepard doesn't turn into a goldfish, I can't fathom how anyone could say this is a terrible game.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Early romance spoilers, just after Palaven's moon mission(Menae?)
    Talking to Ashley for the first time after she's woken up

If I say I want it to continue, but then she brings up Miranda, and I get mad at her saying she walked away on Horizon

can you still romance her? Or does that cut her off?

Also, I don't know what ammo to take with my Vanguard, Cryo and Fire both seem useful, but maybe Fire moreso since it would be more effective on tougher enemies?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote: »
    I have an interpretation for the ME3 ending. It's not too long:
    Personally, I don't buy the ending as it is written.

Hence, I have an interesting interpretation for this ending:

When Hackett gets on the radio and says that the Crucible isn't doing anything, I believe that Shepard lost consciousness. As a result, everything from that point onwards is simply Shepard's hallucinations as he slowly bled out. That would explain why the Guardian looks like the kid from Shepard's dreams and why Joker fled the Sol system in the thick of battle, an action which doesn't reflect his character as we know it at all.

Shepard was dreaming of a galaxy free from the Reapers as he slowly died from his wounds. That's my interpretation. Away from Shepard's hallucinations, Hackett and his men are probably scratching their heads at why the Crucible isn't working, and the Reapers redouble their assault on the organic fleet, forcing them to flee.

Still, crappy, crappy, ending though.

Or
    Shep died before getting to the conduit. The laser killed him.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I have to make up reasons to shoot my gun most of the time.

I just pack the Argus because I like the sound it makes, and the thing will absolutely shred armor.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Guys! Guys! Have you been down into engineering, down in the lower levels at say, oh, about mid game?
    SPACE HAMSTER! YOU CAME BACK!

• Options

So what does Galactic Readiness get me? It has to be pretty insignificant for my OCD not to kick in.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Or
    Shep died before getting to the conduit. The laser killed him.
    No, I don't see it that way. The background is not fuzzy enough. It only starts getting fuzzy after Shepard rides the elevator to the top after passing out in front of the console. He lost consciousness after Hackett tries reaching him on the radio.

• Options
    It just makes it easier to get the good ending. You can do all the stuff in single player without touching multiplayer and still get the best ending. MP is completely optional in terms of story.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    I'm getting close to the end game. Holy shit, the haters are insane. There have been more badass moments in this game than the last two combined.

Final Cerberus level spoilers:
    Yeah! Fuck you Cereal Killer! I just Shepard punched your goddamn sword apart. Oh, what's that? Omniblade sticking out of your gut? So sorry, except I'm not.

Assuming Shepard doesn't turn into a goldfish, I can't fathom how anyone could say this is a terrible game.
    Cereal Killer?

• Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular

So what does Galactic Readiness get me? It has to be pretty insignificant for my OCD not to kick in.

If you've got OCD, then you're probably already 100%ing the game to begin with, so the answer to your question would be "nothing". Galactic Readiness is just a multiplier of the points you have from war assets; a higher Readiness means you don't have to do as many sidequests to fill up the bar.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there is apparently one minor component of the best ending that you only get when you're above 4500 readiness (which you can only reach via multiplayer.)

I'm not at the ending yet myself and I've decided I don't care enough to actually become a gold subscriber. Whether you care enough to do that rather than just youtube it is up to you.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Guys! Guys! Have you been down into engineering, down in the lower levels at say, oh, about mid game?
    SPACE HAMSTER! YOU CAME BACK!

He's there any time, you just have to spot him.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

If you've got OCD, then you're probably already 100%ing the game to begin with, so the answer to your question would be "nothing". Galactic Readiness is just a multiplier of the points you have from war assets; a higher Readiness means you don't have to do as many sidequests to fill up the bar.

Oh, well shit, I'll just do SP then, because I'm going to complete EVERYTHING.

• Options

Oh, well shit, I'll just do SP then, because I'm going to complete EVERYTHING.

IIRC Galactic Readiness has the only multi-only achievement for getting 100% in the whole galaxy at one time. I don't think it shares any option with Solo like the rest of the combination achievements do.

This discussion has been closed.