As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So I didn't play the multiplayer during the demo period, and haven't played it yet.

Is there a PA Group Tag for 360 players, or should I just hop on with randoms and hope for the best?
    I'll likely be playing later tonight.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just started a NG+, picked Reave as my bonus power and put the 10 points I had available into it.

Is this how Adepts feel all the time? Because I'm not sure my engineer is going to need any of his guns. Or tech powers.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    I just started a NG+, picked Reave as my bonus power and put the 10 points I had available into it.

Is this how Adepts feel all the time? Because I'm not sure my engineer is going to need any of his guns. Or tech powers.

Adepts feel pretty godly... and with the new combat tweaks, if you pack light and have 200% cooldown bonus it gets pretty insane how fast you can throw out powers.

You probably DON'T actually need a gun while playing as an Adept to be honest. I have to make up reasons to shoot my gun most of the time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Is there anyone on here that wants to put together a serious Gold team? I've got a Human Vanguard at 19 (almost 20) now, that I wouldn't mind using. I'd also seriously consider using the Salarian Infiltrator, but I haven't unlocked him yet. I'm willing to use whatever class fits, to be honest. I'm mostly interested in having a well-balanced squad that can consistently take on the challenges that are present in Gold.

In terms of class selection, it seems to me that Infiltrator's pretty vital. On the rounds where you need to go to like 4-5 different locations to download files, the Infiltrator can take care of those himself. I've seen some clips online where the Infiltrator just uses Cloak to get to each location around the map, and then again when he actually downloads the files. He specs for Cloak DURATION, rather than Cloak DAMAGE, which I think is important. I've also seen good Infiltrators acting like field medics online: if someone goes down, the Infiltrator goes dark, runs through the middle of the battlefield, and picks the guy up. It works really well. So yeah, Infiltrator seems like a solid choice.

Vanguards are great for dealing with crowds, I can say from first-hand experience. My Human Vanguard almost can't be killed by anything other than the shit that can instantly KO her (like Banshees, Atlus Mechs, Phantoms, Brutes, etc). They'll just grab me if I get too close, and it's all over. No "mash X to escape" -- I'm just dead and can't be revived for the rest of the round. So I absolutely RELY on the rest of my squad to burn those fuckers down, because I just can't touch them. As a Vanguard, I do all of my best work around a meter away from my targets, and that's the range where I can get insta-deathed by those guys.

Human Engineer sounds like another solid choice, since Overload and Incinerate covers all the defensive bases, and the Combat Drone's a great distraction. I've seen Engis basically just spam their Drones (which can be spec'd to explode when they die), to lock down some of the larger, more powerful enemies.

And then ... probably a Soldier, to be honest. All of the Soldiers are pretty solid, I think.

Something well-rounded like that would be perfect.

Anyone interested in something like that?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Zealot wrote: »
    Someone tell me what I gain/loose by keeping the base in the second game.

You don't want to make a wrong decision either?

I hate that... but I can't help it. Where's that comic with the socks?

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Questions about New Game+:
    Are you able to upgrade your weapons further? From V-X?
    What carries over?
    Can I do a New Game + with a character I did a New Game+ with?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Adepts feel better.

Singularity, Pull and Throw now setting off Biotic explosions means you can have ridiculously powerful blasts going off every 2 seconds or less in addition to the insane crowd control.

Plus then you can use Energy Drain as your bonus power and strip the shields off of anything to heal your own and become invincible.

The only gun I use is the scorpion because shooting sticky grenades is the best thing ever.

Z0re on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here that wants to put together a serious Gold team? I've got a Human Vanguard at 19 (almost 20) now, that I wouldn't mind using. I'd also seriously consider using the Salarian Infiltrator, but I haven't unlocked him yet. I'm willing to use whatever class fits, to be honest. I'm mostly interested in having a well-balanced squad that can consistently take on the challenges that are present in Gold.

In terms of class selection, it seems to me that Infiltrator's pretty vital. On the rounds where you need to go to like 4-5 different locations to download files, the Infiltrator can take care of those himself. I've seen some clips online where the Infiltrator just uses Cloak to get to each location around the map, and then again when he actually downloads the files. He specs for Cloak DURATION, rather than Cloak DAMAGE, which I think is important. I've also seen good Infiltrators acting like field medics online: if someone goes down, the Infiltrator goes dark, runs through the middle of the battlefield, and picks the guy up. It works really well. So yeah, Infiltrator seems like a solid choice.

Vanguards are great for dealing with crowds, I can say from first-hand experience. My Human Vanguard almost can't be killed by anything other than the shit that can instantly KO her (like Banshees, Atlus Mechs, Phantoms, Brutes, etc). They'll just grab me if I get too close, and it's all over. No "mash X to escape" -- I'm just dead and can't be revived for the rest of the round. So I absolutely RELY on the rest of my squad to burn those fuckers down, because I just can't touch them. As a Vanguard, I do all of my best work around a meter away from my targets, and that's the range where I can get insta-deathed by those guys.

Human Engineer sounds like another solid choice, since Overload and Incinerate covers all the defensive bases, and the Combat Drone's a great distraction. I've seen Engis basically just spam their Drones (which can be spec'd to explode when they die), to lock down some of the larger, more powerful enemies.

And then ... probably a Soldier, to be honest. All of the Soldiers are pretty solid, I think.

Something well-rounded like that would be perfect.

Anyone interested in something like that?

From the Demo, Gold was easiest when you had at least one Asari and one infiltrator, and then two other competent people. Really it's not so bad as long as the people you play with aren't bad at the game.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Alright you apes -- I am currently in the Origin Web browser and I am looking for some people for Multi.

add FireSideWizard

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Lemming wrote: »
    Ending spoilers:
    It's the boss fight dude, it should be hard. I thought it was awesome, it was actually pretty hard and I needed to use some strategy, even on my "ChargeNovaChargeNovaChargeNovaChargeNovaChargeNova" Shepard.

Ending spoilers:
    It's just that you don't know it's a boss fight at the time. I was having flashbacks of Pinnacle station hoping the game would just end, and I thought there'd be something on the scale of the suicide mission left on the Citadel. Still, it was really cool just shooting TIM in a renegade interrupt without any zombie frog silliness. Not having a big boss monster to fight was definitely the right way to go.

On the actual endings (MAJOR SPOILERS):
    As for the actual endings, I kinda wish it'd just been the Dark Age ending from Deus Ex (or the Darrow ending from Human Revolution). Everything that happened after TIM and Anderson felt like a total disaster. And I actually really liked the idea of the Relays being destroyed; they just completely dropped the ball on the execution.

Achire on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Z0re wrote: »

Adepts feel better.

Singularity, Pull and Throw now setting off Biotic explosions means you can have ridiculously powerful blasts going off every 2 seconds or less in addition to the insane crowd control.

Plus then you can use Energy Drain as your bonus power and strip the shields off of anything to heal your own and become invincible.

The only gun I use is the scorpion because shooting sticky grenades is the best thing ever.

Yeah, I've never even played an Adept, but I see the potential just from having Liara on my team. But Reave, man. It's like an AOE Incinerate that does tons more damage, over a larger area, and is direct-hit. I have not fired a single shot since I started the game, except that one point where you have to break some glass. You know the early scene where a bunch of dudes come out of the door and the game yells at you to get your squaddie to throw a Singularity on them? I blew them all up by pushing one button.

• Options
    From the Demo, Gold was easiest when you had at least one Asari and one infiltrator

Why an Asari?

• Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    From the Demo, Gold was easiest when you had at least one Asari and one infiltrator

Why an Asari?

They have Stasis.

• Options

Yeah, Adepts are crazy good now. If you checked out the clip I posted in the other thread, it showed me doing Insanity with Liara and Kaidan. I spec'd Liara so her Singularity gets a 100% cooldown reduction. In all seriousness, it's off cooldown immediately after you use it. It's always there to help you set up Warp bombs. And you don't even really need that, since you can get a 200% cooldown reduction if you just carry a pistol. Warp bombs for days, man. Warp bombs for days.

• Options

Why an Asari?

They have Stasis.

Ah, fair enough.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man, reducing the number of available team members didn't really help.

In ME 2, there were may too many of them.
    In ME 3, there are fewer..but every single one of them is so awesome that I'm having a hard time choosing every single mission.

Also, Blastoooooooo!

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So...sorry if this has been answered, but is there no way to increase your galactic readiness without playing multiplayer?

I'm like 30 hours in and while I have the war power bar maxed out, the only time my galactic readiness has ever gone up is when I played a few games of multi.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So...sorry if this has been answered, but is there no way to increase your galactic readiness without playing multiplayer?

I'm like 30 hours in and while I have the war power bar maxed out, the only time my galactic readiness has ever gone up is when I played a few games of multi.
    You are correct.

• Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    Could someone explain the War Asset and Galactic Readiness system for me?

I have 5987 total military strength.

A Readiness Rating of 50%.

And an effective military strength of 2993.

Which one am I supposed to be looking at to determine my ending?

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Effective

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm playing on Hardcore and is it just me... or is taking cover virtually pointless?

I mean, seems like no matter where I get behind cover I still get shot while I'm IN cover, or have grenades raining down on me.

That's why you move around. Staying in one spot for too long isn't advisable because it gives the enemy time to coordinate.

Unless its a really good spot.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Huh. Apparently my most recent auto save had no creds, medigel or fuel. Anyone else had this bug?

• Options
    Well, I guess I'm not playing BF3 tonight. Even if they sent me the code now the download would take too long. Curses. Taking bets on them not sending the code today at all though.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »

You are correct.

Ah, ok, so is there some magic number for effective strength that determines if you can get the "best" ending? Spoil it or whatever.

EDIT: Or is that green bar on the war screen the "effective" strength? I dont have the game on right now. If it's full am I good? I think I'm getting near the end but it's hard to say. I mean I'm starting to find level V mods so I'm assuming I'm getting there.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, I guess I'm not playing BF3 tonight. Even if they sent me the code now the download would take too long. Curses. Taking bets on them not sending the code today at all though.

Something tells me that bet would be incredibly one-sided. From my dealings with the EA CSRs, they all seem to be under the impression that all of our pleas for assistance are part of a grand scheme to fleece them of 15% discount codes...

Because of the 16-bit application error, I now have something like four of the damned things.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

You are correct.

Ah, ok, so is there some magic number for effective strength that determines if you can get the "best" ending? Spoil it or whatever.

EDIT: Or is that green bar on the war screen the "effective" strength? I dont have the game on right now. If it's full am I good? I think I'm getting near the end but it's hard to say. I mean I'm starting to find level V mods so I'm assuming I'm getting there.

Big ending spoiler link again:
    But, to get the "best" ending, you only need 2800 points.

Huh, that link claims there's a secret ending for beating a new game +. Hrm.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Is there a FAQ or Wiki that lists how your choices in ME2 affect the game?

I assume some things would happen differently, perhaps even things that result in death, if the past character wasn't alive or loyal. Or if you saved or destroyed certain places and data.

Like Genophage/Krogan
    Would Eve have died if I hadn't saved the research data?

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Damnit does anyone else have to keep doing the freaking release date check when you start the game?

edit: Oh good, New Game+ works like ME2. You can reimport your ME3 win, or import your ME2 save again, but still get the bonuses for beating ME3.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    Huh. Apparently my most recent auto save had no creds, medigel or fuel. Anyone else had this bug?

I did suddenly have all of my credits disappear at one point. Was it after (spoiler of a location already given away in trailers)
    Tuchanka?

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Invisible wrote: »
    Is there a FAQ or Wiki that lists how your choices in ME2 effect the game?

I assume some things would happen differently, perhaps even things that result in death, if the past character wasn't alive or loyal. Or if you saved or destroyed certain places and data.

Like Genophage/Krogan
    Would Eve have died if I hadn't saved the research data?
    Answer to your spoiler:
    Yup! She doesn't make it.
    FightTest wrote: »
    People who queue for multiplayer and then want to spend 8 years before readying up are literally worse than Ashley.

I like where you're going with this, and I agree wholeheartedly. I get that folks need to assign powers and shop and whatever the diddle now and then, but goodness. Going afk without mention is not nice.

So how about them Quarian Engineers, hey? Golding them Geth all night long.

I'm calling it golding, now. That's a new thing.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Why Quarian engineer? I like the regular human engineer but my quarian engineer's turret seems pretty awful

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Oh Wrex, never change.
    Wrex: So the Salarians are hiding captured fertile krogan females. You'd expect the Shadow Broker to know about that and not keep it to himself. Or to herself.

Liara: It could be that the Broker has been very busy lately.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for MP? Add me (SanderJK)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I love Garrus.

"If I never see a spider again, I'll die a contented turian... unless there are spiders in the afterlife. Damn."

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I will say "Shepard pulls aggro always" is still something that annoys me about SP.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Since I my Renegade Shep save got corrupted somehow, I have a question.

For those who played a male Shepard who didn't romance anyone in ME1 and romanced Jack in ME2,
    what is Jack's reaction to you at Garrison Academy?

It's such a bummer that you can't just pick things off a list when you start a new game for your pre-ME3 choices...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Why Quarian engineer? I like the regular human engineer but my quarian engineer's turret seems pretty awful
    Oh, silly me. I was thinking of quarian infiltrators. All aliens look alike to me.

It is hilarity to see a bunch of primes blowing the snot out of their friends. <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Okay...question for those who have finished the Geth/Quarian stuff...
    What am I suppose to target during the target the base part? Because it isn't letting me hit anything.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Okay...question for those who have finished the Geth/Quarian stuff...
    What am I suppose to target during the target the base part? Because it isn't letting me hit anything.
    Just look down into the pit and shoot that thing. Then get ready for hilarity.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    I see...for some reason it didn't open for me.

This discussion has been closed.