As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

1111213141517»

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Here's a roll against the peasant: 1 hit

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Round 7-5. Corruption Phases

game71state93.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Vermin Outbreak : The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies

Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region

Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Verminous Horde (If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one)
    Troll Country : Ascension to Power (If you dominate this region, you may immediately place a Cultist or Warrior in this region)
    Kislev : Warpstorm (If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region) and Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase) and Skitterleap (If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region)
    Bretonnia : Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)
    Estalia : Choking Stench (During the battle phase, each opponent rolls one fewer battle die for each of your Chaos cards in this region)
    The Border Princes : Ascension to Power (If you dominate this region, you may immediately place a Cultist or Warrior in this region)
    The Badlands : Verminous Horde (If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one)

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP
    Troll Country : +1VP, Place one your figure except Keeper of Secrets
    Estalia : +4VP
    The Border Princes : +2VP, Place one your figure except Keeper of Secrets
    The Badlands : +1VP DAC

Corruption Step
    Norsca : +2
    Troll Country : +1
    Kislev : +1
    Bretonnia : +3
    The Border Princes : +3 DAC, +1

Check for Ruination
    kislev 3rd : +4VP, +4VP, +4VP, +4VP, +4VP

Updated VP
    24 + 1 + 4 = 29VP
    27 + 4 + 4 = 35VP
    29 + 4 = 33VP
    44 + 3 + 4 = 51VP
    27 + 1 + 4 = 32VP

Things that need to happen:
    1. @Darian place your figure except Keeper of Secrets from Kislev and The Border Princes.
    2. @jakobagger has decided to move your figure from Kislev to adjecent region or not.

Edit : It's the result when place a Seductresse each region and don't move. I think it's the best.

doldari on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Did I really almost come in 2nd? Well damn.

Well on points anyway, it's hard to count points and dial ticks.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 7-6. End Phases

game71state94.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved. - None

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Kislev : +9VP, +4VP

5. Advance Threat Dials. - Tzeentch ticks twice, other gods ticks once.
    32 - Draw 2 Chaos Cards
    18 - Score 3 VP
    20 - Upgrade
    21 - Place 2 Warpstones
    24 - Upgrade
    28 - Score 5 VP

Updated VP
    29VP
    35 + 3 = 38VP
    33VP
    51 + 9 = 60VP
    32 + 4 + 5 = 41VP

6. Check for Game end.

SLAANESH WINS A VP VICTORY!

doldari on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Seductress in each region is fine.

• Options
    Final

Doldari's 3rd Old World was destroyed at the hand of a Darian.
    But, survivors wander to find a different world.
    Finally, they will move other's world, Doldari's 5th Old World.

Who will be able to destroy Doldari's 5th Old World?
    You shall see.

game71state95.png

Congratulation, Darian.

• Options
    So close; have to give thanks for the Havoc, there. Expert deck definitely makes for interesting times.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Things I have learned/reconfirmed my opinions about from being Nurgle in this Morrisleb game:

1) I really really don't like Nurgle and/or am terrible with him in the expansion.
    2) Plaguebearers Upgrade is at best a niche pick. So that brings down viable Nurgle picks to...3. Okay then.
    3) There is never a good time to play Quest. Ever. If you're behind, you've painted a target on yourself and you're not likely to be able to take advantage of it anyway because you're behind. If you're ahead, well congratulations you just told everyone you're ahead with a neon sign. Card needs to be reworked.
    4) I still hate Vermin Outbreak, but this I knew already. I'm not saying it's a bad OWC, I'm just saying from the perspective of a player who has expensive cards and needs to play as many figures as possible this card can go die in a fire whenever it's on the board.
    5) I really like Choking Stench. It's a great card and it interacts well with Vengeance (for Nurgle that is) and Old World effects.
    6) Virulent Outbreak needs to not exist as a card. It makes me want to have a physical copy of it in my hand whenever I draw it just so I can tear it up.

But hey this was fun and lasted sooooo much longer than I figured it would last.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Virulent Outbreak is needed to let Nurgle still go for DACs late game after most of the populous regions have been corrupted. Also, delaying/filling card slots.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't know if I see that as much of a benefit. That effect of the card is only going to come into play late game unless Nurgle is doing something like starting the game in a non-populous region, which is entirely possible but I don't think occurs that often. So it's relegated to the mid to late game at which Nurgle's utility of dial ticks tampers down considering his first priority is to get his 1st upgrade and if he's lucky push to 2nd upgrade. I can definitely see it helping push him to a 2nd upgrade, but at least in an expert setting, I haven't seen all 4 populous regions be ruined in a while. Usually you're left with something like 2, maybe 3 which haven't been the focus of everyone as Slaanesh & Tzeentch often get shunted off to Norsca/Badlands because the dice hate them.

I mean, were I looking at a thing to do with Virulent Outbreak I'd do something like "This region becomes populous. If this region is already populous, if you gain a DAC from this region, gain an additional DAC. Max 1 additional DAC."

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Seriously, this was one of the best games to follow, two people almost dialled, a possible Old World victory, and people going for a VP win... really great game, and some really good playing from everyone...
    Congrats Darian, both for this and making it to no.5

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Aegis, i don't remember which game it was. But i played quest early on. I ended up with 3 advancements in one round. I believe i may be the only one to ever do that. And had i played it better or a little more properly timed, i could have scored as many as5 advancments. And if you believe it's just a target on your back, your wrong. Especially if your behind in dac's. Noone cares about nurgle dacing a few times cause he has the longest track. Just my thoughts on it.

Gratz darian. It was truly and epic game. Now if i could just convince someone to play a base set expert game my life would be complete. Could you image how much harder this would have been with the epic f u cards from the base game?

• Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    Yeah, if anything I learned from this game that I should have ignored the Quest and kept my focus on Slaanesh.

• Options
    Jebu wrote: »
    Yeah, if anything I learned from this game that I should have ignored the Quest and kept my focus on Slaanesh.

Suuuure, now people think like this :P

Characters
  • Options
    Reading back through this game, interesting stuff throughout.

Khorne missed a 75% DAC chance round 1, Tzeentch's crazy spells warped him into the lead round 2, this at the end of round 3:
    Jebu wrote: »
    My mindset was, if he goes Bloodletter upgrade, keep it, otherwise discard it, since the odds of a dial victory are pretty low at this point. We'll see if I was wrong or not pretty soon.

Round 4 brought us a Call to Arms that only a single Hero answered, and then the slaughter in Kislev (7 figures falling with the rat standing supreme).

In Round 5, everyone seemed to be distracted by Nurgle's Quest and decided to enter Estalia in force, while my seductresses hid in the shadows in Kislev.

Round 6 brought us the continuation of the battle of Kislev, where one hit more or less could have ended the day.

Round 7 the Bloodsworn upgrade and Rise to Glory conspired to make domination difficult for the Horned Rat, while Havoc ensured the Old World would fail.