As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Diablo walks the Earth in 5 days. Single digits omg

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Arkady wrote: »
    Skab wrote: »
    Guys what if, in the ultimate Blizzard plot twist, Diablo is the good guy in D3?!

This would make so little sense. Now if it turns out that heaven is just as full of assholes as hell is...

Well it is.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Guys what if, in the ultimate Blizzard plot twist, Diablo is the good guy in D3?!

This would make so little sense. Now if it turns out that heaven is just as full of assholes as hell is...

Well it is.

Undoubtedly.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I actually tried logging in today to see if the servers were online...

...they are not.

Unlock #8 is out. Apparently they're enjoying the game while we bite our nails and tear out our hair. Also PVP talk.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Well it is.

Actually the end boss in Diablo III is
    Kerrigan

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bhaalen wrote: »
    Or was Diablo Deckard Cain? OMG now it all makes sense!

"Stay a while, and listen" indeed.

Just trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security/sleep with old man rambling tales.

Turns out everything he told us was found on the Help Wanted boards around town.

Deckard Cain is Diablo is Kaiser Soze.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Dude, the comments on that youtube video make me so sad. People are like "OMG NO RMAH NO PVP FUCK THIS GAME BOYCOTT." Like, chill out and stop trollin'. You were probably not going to use either of those functions until you beat Hell anyway. I'm glad they decided to get the game out instead of pushing the whole release another month just for PvP and RMAH.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If the writing from SCII is any indication diablo will burst from deckard cain's body and shout "stay a while, and die!"

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    erraticrabbiterraticrabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If the writing from SCII is any indication diablo will burst from deckard cain's body and shout "stay a while, and die!"

That's many levels above SCII's writing. I'd make them hire you to finish out the expansions if I could.

I'm, like, a Tower Sentry-level of influence though. Not even a tower nearby.

erraticrabbit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Bhaalen wrote: »
    Or was Diablo Deckard Cain? OMG now it all makes sense!

"Stay a while, and listen" indeed.

"Not even deaf can save you from me!"

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Wirt's leg is diablo.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    No John, you are the diablos.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Gheed kills Diablodore.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

That's many levels above SCII's writing. I'd make them hire you to finish out the expansions if I could.

Diablo and his minions were just being controlled by an evil force contained in the stones. Once you destroy them it turns out he and all the demons, zombies and fell beasts are pretty cool dudes.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Alright, taking two days off. Blizzard, do not disappoint me with shitty server shenanigans or I shall be very sad indeed.

Though if servers really are fucked I'll probably just go do something with the gf.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Fireflash wrote: »
    No John, you are the diablos.
    They did that already in the last game.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Basil wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to invading the High Heavens in an expansion and murdering all the angels to death. All of them.

They have it coming, really. Anything with that many tentacles sticking out of its back is bound to get stabbed by a hero eventually.

Tyrael better not be on that list, or we will have words Basil.

And yeah, the forces of heaven are sort of dicks. But they don't torture, mutilate and agonize. Inarius was insane let's remember.

Plus, "heaven and hell are equally bad" is nearing a dead horse trope at this point. It was inventive, like, five years ago. When was the last time you saw angels potrayed as unambigious protectors of humanity in recent memory? Yeah, that's what I thought.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    When was the last time you saw angels potrayed as unambigious protectors of humanity in recent memory? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Every sunday.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dude, the comments on that youtube video make me so sad. People are like "OMG NO RMAH NO PVP FUCK THIS GAME BOYCOTT." Like, chill out and stop trollin'. You were probably not going to use either of those functions until you beat Hell anyway. I'm glad they decided to get the game out instead of pushing the whole release another month just for PvP and RMAH.

They'll still buy it.

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular

You will beat him because Tyrael sacrifices himself for you. Why? BECAUSE HE IS YOUR FATHER

• Options
    LolkenLolken Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

What's with all the hatred for SCII's writing?

• Options
    Lolken wrote: »

What's with all the hatred for SCII's writing?

More cheese than a cheese factory.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I was kinda bummed when it was like, "no Kerrigan is cool now, she was just corrupted by eeeevil Kerrigan."

Kerrigan was pretty rad by the end of Brood War; tons of power and even some justification for being pissed off at everyone. Having her "true, good self" being trapped inside the evil Kerrigan was pretty dumb. She didn't need to be some bipolar evil/good villain who can just get snapped in and out of it; she was a badass before she got infested, and her character after infestation was a logical outgrowth of her character before infestation. Now it seems more like the whole time she was inside going "I didn't want to be mean, the zerg made me!"

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Wait, I'm confused.

You're saying Internal Affairs was Diablo the WHOLE TIME?

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I was kinda bummed when it was like, "no Kerrigan is cool now, she was just corrupted by eeeevil Kerrigan."

Kerrigan was pretty rad by the end of Brood War; tons of power and even some justification for being pissed off at everyone. Having her "true, good self" being trapped inside the evil Kerrigan was pretty dumb. She didn't need to be some bipolar evil/good villain who can just get snapped in and out of it; she was a badass before she got infested, and her character after infestation was a logical outgrowth of her character before infestation. Now it seems more like the whole time she was inside going "I didn't want to be mean, the zerg made me!"

I kinda liked that she was nudie... Hoping that HoTS expands on that theme a bit :P

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Well I'm just waiting on the video card and my Diablo 3 desktop will be complete. My laptop didn't cut it and I have to play this. I added my Battletag to the list... now to kill time on this new machine while the 15th approaches.

• Options
    NylonathetepNylonathetep Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Spoiler alert:
    Leah is actually Diablo, (Remember She's actually the child of the Dark Wanderer in Diablo 1 and Aidra the witch. The result of this dark union is a the child Leah).

Edit for typo.

Nylonathetep on
    714353-1.png
  • Options
    Spoiler alert:
    Meah is actually Diablo, (Remember She's actually the child of the Dark Wanderer in Diablo 1 and Aidra the witch. The result of this dark union is a the child Meah).

Who is
    Meah?

2uenpg3.png

I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »

Well the angels wanted to wipe out Sanctuary as well. You can thank Tyrael for them not doing it.

I'm still convinced that shattering the Worldstone made Tyrael batshit loco. At least that's what I'm hoping happened. Everything is his fault, really.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Hyperion wrote: »
    Wait, I'm confused.

more like INFERNAL Affairs

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I think the last boss is actually the Horadric Cube. You have to fight inside of it against gems, runes and crap you couldn't fit in your inventory because you carried too many charms but you had to get that crap to town for some reason. Yeah.

• Options
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I think the last boss is actually the Horadric Cube. You have to fight inside of it against gems, runes and crap you couldn't fit in your inventory because you carried too many charms but you had to get that crap to town for some reason. Yeah.

Then at the end it ragequits for accidentally turning 3 SOJs into a blue amulet.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

Then at the end it ragequits for accidentally turning 3 SOJs into a blue amulet.
    hwaBp.jpg

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    Wait, I'm confused.

more like INFERNAL Affairs

This gem should be published in some kind of newspaper

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    There is no soulbound items in this game right? One could use some sword of awesome, get a drop of sword of more awesome, and send the old one to an alt, give it to a friend, or sell on ah, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    There is no soulbound items in this game right? One could use some sword of awesome, get a drop of sword of more awesome, and send the old one to an alt, give it to a friend, or sell on ah, right?

Yep.

• Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »

And you can use Sword of more awesome on all your characters by just keeping it in the shared stash.

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Actually the black mushrooms in the beta were account bound, so I'm assuming all quest items are account bound.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

The first expansion pack is just going to be PuzzleQuest reskinned.

• Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Actually the black mushrooms in the beta were account bound, so I'm assuming all quest items are account bound.

You know, I always thought that was strange, as you dont actually pick up any other quest items that show up in your inventory.

Makes me think the black mushroom might be used to access the cow level (or whatever were getting this time around), much like wirts leg in d2.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.